PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know how to Lemon Law a car

Speedin' Ian
05-03-2005, 07:54 PM
Here's the deal, my girlfriend bought a new Volvo S40 about 10 months ago and we have had it in the shop three times because the airbag service required light keeps coming on, last time it was in was last Monday and it just came on again. Truth be told it has never stayed off for more than a month or two but we got lazy last time and didn't take it in for a month or two. So now it is going in for the fourth time in tem months, at what point do we say shine it and tell them to buy it back?

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 07:56 PM
William Mcgee in San Diego the best.

boxscore
05-03-2005, 07:56 PM
I'd be interested in knowing as well. We've got a chronic issue that dealer service can't keep fixed for more than a few days. It's a pain to drop the car off for a day or more. Worse yet they refuse to give a loaner car.

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 07:58 PM
http://www.californialemonlaw.com/aboutus.htm

Perfect Mixer
05-03-2005, 08:06 PM
William Mcgee in San Diego the best.
Who is this person? Is he a lawyer, 'cause I'm in need of one to get my Titan bought back. I just did the arbitration last week and the arbitrator decided that the dealer should fix the problems with my truck. Well, after 2 attempts so far they haven't. Now I have to take it to a higher level. I think that a poorly designed brake and suspension system should be an instant buyback!

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 08:07 PM
Who is this person? Is he a lawyer, 'cause I'm in need of one to get my Titan bought back. I just did the arbitration last week and the arbitrator decided that the dealer should fix the problems with my truck. Well, after 2 attempts so far they haven't. Now I have to take it to a higher level. I think that a poorly designed brake and suspension system should be an instant buyback!
#1 in Cali......

Eliminator 4 Life
05-03-2005, 08:16 PM
Arbitration is biast and bull$hit call Delsack and Associates they will have your money back in 30 days 1 888 395 3666 I might be calling him again soon for his services. I have used him and he is no joke let me know what you guys end up doing :cool:

Perfect Mixer
05-03-2005, 08:54 PM
What kind of fees do these firms charge at the time of settlement? $1K...$5K???

racecar.hotshoe
05-03-2005, 08:57 PM
0 they get there money from the MFG at lease William McGee did.

Perfect Mixer
05-03-2005, 09:01 PM
I'll be making a phone call tomorrow! Thanks for the post Speedin' Ian, otherwise I would have just let it go.

ROZ
05-03-2005, 09:56 PM
HavasuCig might be able to refer someone :)

purrfecttremor
05-04-2005, 03:29 AM
ford bought my 2003 mach 1 back a few months ago.it had i slight knock in the left head.arbatrader couldnt here it so he had a so called expert come to my house to see it and even with after market exaust he rulled in my favor.drove it 20,000 miles and got every penny back.
i went through the bbb.

scarabrick2
05-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Just make sure they close the work order everytime it's in. If it's not closed they will keep it open and you will have no action with them. I got my 03 tahoe replaced due to the fact it wouldn't turn off. I used on-star to my advantage every time the truck didn't turn off. I then got a lawyer (friend of ours) to write a letter to the controller and they found a truck in 2 days. Make sure you get it all documented and got straight to the top not the service mgr or store mgr. It's hard for them to over look a SAFETY ISSUE. Also call/email Volvo to make them aware.

sorry dog
05-04-2005, 08:34 AM
Anybody know how to lemon law a wife?

ROZ
05-04-2005, 08:35 AM
PM Ratso :notam: :D

Tom Brown
05-04-2005, 09:03 AM
I'd recommend you step up your program of drinking, if I thought that were possible.