PDA

View Full Version : Howard Sport Deck or E-Ticket Luxury Cat

Luki
04-26-2006, 06:30 PM
Why am I opening this thread?
Sorry if some (or even all of you) thought, that I made the final decision for the Howard, but I think it's not done yet...
I will use it in my business (driving people arround on the sea in Europe)
I'm worried about:
Howard:
1. How will the Howard run with the 600sci and 10 or more people on board?
2. How will be the reliability of the engine and the drive with that load?
3. Has anybody the experience what the difference is in speed with 4 and 12 people on board?
E-Ticket:
1. Entering the boat only bowside
2. Quiet heavy I think, even if it's a twin-engine Boat and a beam of 110" and a real length of 29'.
3. Reliability should be better with twin engines and Maximus Props should make the ride very effective in the range between 3000 and 4000rpms.
Now I really really not sure any more...
Both Boates have very good positive things and bad things.
What would you experienced boaters do?
Thanks
Toni

River918
04-26-2006, 06:35 PM
http://www.lovetoparty.co.nz/images/Popcorn%20Bags%20Large%20Pic.jpg

phebus
04-26-2006, 06:39 PM
Two totally different boats, but if you are routinely going to have 10+ people on board, I would say E-Ticket without a doubt.
The E-Ticket is a very large boat, and the twins would be a big plus.

TCHB
04-26-2006, 07:01 PM
When you see both of them together ETicket is quite a bit bigger and will handle two engines. Both are great boats.

Mandelon
04-26-2006, 07:45 PM
10 people is a lot of people and weight. Would not a pontoon be better? Is it safe to go fast with that many customers/passengers?

dr. margarita
04-26-2006, 08:05 PM
Love the seating of the E-Ticket. Bitchen "U" shaped rear bench. Twin Ho's, 850hp and total reliablity! Slick look, my biggest concern is build quality. Not to say that its bad, but is it a Howard? Only matters if you care....
Don't do a Merc 600 in the Howard, look at the Ilmore 625(the dealer is right next door, BT) for just a few more K.
Biggest unknown factor....The Howard is all composite, not a piece of wood. Even with strong glass, it weighs in at 4800lbs!! Very light considering its size. Boat with just the driver went 70mph with an HO during a very recent test. Not bad!

SDLifesaver
04-27-2006, 05:30 AM
Luki, go ride in both boats. We have the Howard and it will be in Havasu over the Cinco De Mayo weekend, Phat Matt has the E-Tickit and he's always there. Make your decisions based on your experience in each boat. You can't go wrong either way. Good luck. Nick

BLOWN HOWARD
04-29-2006, 07:11 PM
With gas prices on the rise i would assume that a single engine would be better on gas..But if your buying either one of these you got a gas card!!!!!!!

Luki
04-30-2006, 06:12 PM
Thanks for the answers.
I will wait for the tests of Deckboats that will come out im May I think (or in June) E-Ticket is the Deckboat of the year...
I would like to have the Howard, but it is a little bit small for 10 or more people on it. I will have at least 14 seats on the boat, so the E-Ticket will be better with a lot more space, lenght and beam (73 square feet, 29', and 9'2")
As in the test written, the quality of the hull the E-Ticket has is very very good, and it is very effective, and it will run probably about 75mph and the Maximus props. So I will have a very effective run between 3500 and 4000 rpms (the E-Ticket runs 64mph with twin 525 and Maximus props!) The reliability is much better with twin Engines and the fuel consumption will be about 20% higher than with a Single High-Power engine, or even less.
But I have still to wait for some answers of these two manufacturers...

ButtBuoy
05-02-2006, 08:31 PM
What about Trident Revolution (http://www.tridentboats.com/)? Their boat seems to be the most customized boat I've seen. I don't know much about them, but talk about lots of attention to detail! A mere $169K....how does that stack up to Howard & E-Ticket prcies??
wow, what else can you get for $169k?

Phat Matt
05-02-2006, 09:04 PM
What about Trident Revolution (http://www.tridentboats.com/)? Their boat seems to be the most customized boat I've seen. I don't know much about them, but talk about lots of attention to detail! A mere $169K....how does that stack up to Howard & E-Ticket prcies??
Actually, mine was less.

Luki
05-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Looks nice, but its to small and to expensive for what its giving (for me).

yeah,right
05-04-2006, 06:10 AM
What about Trident Revolution (http://www.tridentboats.com/)? A mere $169K....how does that stack up to Howard & E-Ticket prcies??
That right there is funny.
To answer the original question-
E-TICKET!! Next question.

Froggystyle
05-04-2006, 07:16 AM
That right there is funny.
To answer the original question-
E-TICKET!! Next question.
Have you been in a Trident?
Seems to me that Matt's boat and mine were tied up right along side each other for quite some time in the channel, and the tide was not in line with your suggestion.
And Matt's is in no way less expensive today than the Revolution. A ripping deal for promotional purposes is not indicative of the pricing. Additionally, even with two motors we are still producing over 100hp more than the E-ticket with a pair of HO's.
When it comes to bang for the buck, nothing is even remotely close to the Revolution.
None of the boats mentioned have a 0-60 less than double the Revolution, probably closer to triple. The E-ticket, while a gorgeous boat is more than double the weight of the Trident. With less seating...
I have told you before, anytime you want to come down and take a ride, feel free. Gas is on me.
Thanks for the mention though. I, as well as many other folks believe that we have built a truly world-class deck boat that will shake the industry up very nicely.
Back to your regularly scheduled bashing...

yeah,right
05-04-2006, 07:36 AM
Seems to me that Matt's boat and mine were tied up right along side each other for quite some time in the channel, and the tide was not in line with your suggestion.
And Matt's is in no way less expensive today than the Revolution. A ripping deal for promotional purposes is not indicative of the pricing. Additionally, even with two motors we are still producing over 100hp more than the E-ticket with a pair of HO's.
When it comes to bang for the buck, nothing is even remotely close to the Revolution.
None of the boats mentioned have a 0-60 less than double the Revolution, probably closer to triple. The E-ticket, while a gorgeous boat is more than double the weight of the Trident. With less seating...
I have told you before, anytime you want to come down and take a ride, feel free. Gas is on me.
Thanks for the mention though. I, as well as many other folks believe that we have built a truly world-class deck boat that will shake the industry up very nicely.
I don't believe I have ever bashed your boat. I just think it's funny that he would say a "mere" 169K. Like it's nothing. Also suggesting that the other two boats would be a lot more than that.
Now YOU, on the other hand, come on here and start bashing the other boats. I was under the impression that you and Matt were friends, but you come in here and start bashing his boat. Whatever.
Re-read the original post. The guy is looking for something RELIABLE to take to Europe. From what I have read, your boat has been less than realiable. You going to fly out there everytime he has a problem? They have Merc dealers in Europe that can handle their stuff.
I just think you have a long way to go before you can start comparing yourself to established companies that have a proven track record and are using proven products that are either known to be realiable or at least have a network that will handle warranty issues.
Actually, I was in Havasu this weekend. I was hoping to get a ride or at least a chance to see your boat. I didn't see you out there.

Phat Matt
05-04-2006, 08:45 AM
I was under the impression that you and Matt were friends, but you come in here and start bashing his boat.
We are.
The Trident and E-ticket are different boats. Mine might weigh twice as much, but it eats up the really rough stuff. His accelerates like a rocket with the jet and will be great on the shallow river. It just comes down to what suits your needs best.

Froggystyle
05-04-2006, 06:01 PM
I don't believe I have ever bashed your boat. I just think it's funny that he would say a "mere" 169K. Like it's nothing. Also suggesting that the other two boats would be a lot more than that.
I never suggested you bashed anyone. Additionally, the other boats would be a lot more if they came similarly equipped. If you would like our standard features list sent to you so you can comparison shop with any other builder, please drop me a line at wes@tridentboats.com
Now YOU, on the other hand, come on here and start bashing the other boats. I was under the impression that you and Matt were friends, but you come in here and start bashing his boat. Whatever.
Matt and I are close friends. I also haven't "bashed" his boat in any way. If you consider stating the fact that the boat weighs more than twice as much while only being 2 feet longer "bashing"... well then, mia culpa. E-Tickets are great boats, and I really like them a lot. If I hadn't built my own boat, it is likely the direction I would head for purchase.
Fact is, Larry is interested in the same infusion technology we are using because his boat, lighter, would be a real powerhouse. Weight doesn't help anything, including rough water handling. Same boat but lighter will handle rough water a lot better.
And as a final note regarding cost, none of the boats being mentioned have either the side swimstep (an amazing little creation that you will love the second you see it) or the drop-down front accomodation ramp. Both make it a truly wonderful boat for taking passengers on, especially if you are using it as a ferry of sorts. Much of our interest right now for a developmental boat is for use as a mega-yacht tender, a craft I would be using a diesel motor for in conjunction with the dual drive jet. This type of application may suit the gentleman perfectly.
Re-read the original post. The guy is looking for something RELIABLE to take to Europe. From what I have read, your boat has been less than realiable. You going to fly out there everytime he has a problem? They have Merc dealers in Europe that can handle their stuff.
I have no interest in selling the performance version of the Revolution to a European interested purely in reliability. We have not chosen a mainstream power package for our base model, and would likely be inappropriate for the buyer. If someone would like to pay quite a bit more for appropriate Merc power, I am more than willing to oblige.
I just think you have a long way to go before you can start comparing yourself to established companies that have a proven track record and are using proven products that are either known to be realiable or at least have a network that will handle warranty issues.
Clearly. But these same companies are in for a rude awakening when they realize how far behind the new power curve they are with regard to build quality, materials, rigging, execution, innovation and components. Our groundbreaking innovation has not been without R&D headaches, but I don't have any clients upset either. I am not doing R&D at their expense, though I can think of more than a handful of well-known and established companies that have been flat out busted doing exactly that. ("demon-boats" etc...)
We have a long road to hoe, but we are doing it every day. Our impact is already being felt in the industry, and the clients that I am entertaining right now have a highly pedigreed list of other boats that they are considering. Many are considering Skaters, Outerlimits, DCBs, Cigarettes and others. I am proud to be in the running for their dollars, and though I have lost sales to all of them this year already, it is tough to feel too badly when you realize you just lost a deckboat sale to a 42' Skater.
Actually, I was in Havasu this weekend. I was hoping to get a ride or at least a chance to see your boat. I didn't see you out there.
Didn't make it this weekend. Can't go every weekend, and last weekend we were in Phoenix. I will keep an eye out for you though, and as always, drinks are on me!

SDLifesaver
05-04-2006, 06:04 PM
Very tactful Wes. I commend your patience and well thought out answers. Nick

NashvilleBound
05-05-2006, 02:04 PM
The only part of this I have a problem with...is Wes stating (and I quote) "........and as always, drinks are on me!" I just dont remember this part......must be getting old;) :rolleyes:

BoaterX
05-05-2006, 05:18 PM
First of all, I don't have 160k to go buy a Trident, but from what I can see, the Trident is truly a custom boat. The term "Custom Boat" is thrown around pretty loosely, but it seems these days all the billet and anodized hardware can be picked up from Dana or Eddie Marine, Merc Engines are almost standard.......how custom is that? Personally, their one of a kind features and attention to detail are sweet, but I would tend to lean toward a Merc power plant. Personally, that just has RELIABILITY written all over it.
It seems the Trident has a lot of custom billet items on it, as noted with the detail put into the seat base (Trident fork logo). Dual driver seat..stuff like that appears very custom compared to the usuall hardware and options. Seems like lots of innovation going on over there.
When it all comes down to it, that is just way too much cheddar for me! I don't have that kind of Cheddar for any boat.

Froggystyle
05-06-2006, 08:30 AM
First of all, I don't have 160k to go buy a Trident, but from what I can see, the Trident is truly a custom boat. The term "Custom Boat" is thrown around pretty loosely, but it seems these days all the billet and anodized hardware can be picked up from Dana or Eddie Marine, Merc Engines are almost standard.......how custom is that? Personally, their one of a kind features and attention to detail are sweet, but I would tend to lean toward a Merc power plant. Personally, that just has RELIABILITY written all over it.
It seems the Trident has a lot of custom billet items on it, as noted with the detail put into the seat base (Trident fork logo). Dual driver seat..stuff like that appears very custom compared to the usuall hardware and options. Seems like lots of innovation going on over there.
When it all comes down to it, that is just way too much cheddar for me! I don't have that kind of Cheddar for any boat.
Thanks! You are right. Nearly every one of the pieces of billet on the boat is built especially for us, by a forum member no less. (Wsuwrhr) We have three items on the entire boat that we felt were built well enough by someone else not to warrant the expense of time and energy... Fuel cap, hatch hinges and all of the stringer washers. Everything else, from the seat base (four pieces total) to the LED nav lights, shifter (12 pieces of billet, 12 sourced items) etc... you get the picture.
It isn't that everything else didn't work fine... it is just that everyone else had it, and built their boats around it. We built our fixtures around our boat, so of course none of the off the shelf ones fit.
Our motto is "Sharpening the Cutting Edge". With every single boat builder having access to the same power, same hardware, same catalogs and such, how can you truly distinguish yourself? Zip ties? Been done... Trailer? Everyone uses Extreme... Build quality? Here is a great starting point, but most people will never grasp how important 2,000 pounds off weight advantage is until they get beaten using it. If the worst manufacturer is merely a check away from the cutting edge... you need to do something different if you want to surpass the industry.
So, we sharpened it. The resin infusion build is stronger and lighter... not to mention a huge step towards 21st century technology... That alone is a major innovation most could build a whole company around. Add the ramp, swimstep, audio, engine, drive, billet, flooring, layout, gelcoat etc... and you get what makes the Revolution what it is.
It isn't for everyone. I have no doubt that if it was priced less more people would buy it. It is what it is though, and the price was driven by what it costs to produce plus profit. (The first couple of boats will certainly not even have any of the profit in them BTW...) But, if Ferrari's were less money, more people would buy them too, and the top of the market wouldn't be so distinguished.
Thanks for noticing. Maybe someday I can get you into the boat and show you what all of the cheese is for! ;)

Beer-30
05-06-2006, 08:54 AM
Since you are having a hard time deciding, why not just pick a third an make it easy?
CONQUEST!

Beer-30
05-06-2006, 08:57 AM
Or........
http://www.advantageboats.com/image/adv_x-flight-29.jpg

It's Only Money
05-12-2006, 03:40 PM
here's a great boat choice....customized Sea Doo and it does 72 whole miles per hour with 650 horsepower! Wow! Check it out! Bling, bling and no zing!

It's Only Money
05-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Bling and accelleration is EVERYTHING! Get one soon as they are blowin' out!
Actually - ugliest thing on the water I've personally seen.

It's Only Money
05-12-2006, 03:44 PM
What part of the Trident can you customize...I thought it was all as delivered - everything included including the lanyard.

It's Only Money
05-12-2006, 03:46 PM
Let's see if Trident is in business in 50 years. Doubtful. 5 years? Hmmmm...

Froggystyle
05-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Who is this guy? :rolleyes:

XtrmWakeborder
05-12-2006, 06:56 PM
Who is this guy? :rolleyes:
who knows..... :cry:

shadow
05-12-2006, 07:03 PM
here's a great boat choice....customized Sea Doo and it does 72 whole miles per hour with 650 horsepower! Wow! Check it out! Bling, bling and no zing!
Dude come on now!you're gonna have to stop,i'm gonna piss my pants :D LMAO.

wsuwrhr
05-12-2006, 09:36 PM
Laughs, please, can you imagine how much an insurance policy would cost for a boat with an advertised top speed of 100 mph?
Get a clue.

Froggystyle
05-13-2006, 11:48 AM
Dude come on now!you're gonna have to stop,i'm gonna piss my pants :D LMAO.
It's that easy huh? ;)
I have a Dane Cook CD I can send you if you want to hear something actually funny. That guy is hillarious. This guy is old and boring.
We have heard all of this shit before. Nobody seems to have a problem in the channel with it though, nor has anyone who has ridden in it.

Froggystyle
05-13-2006, 11:49 AM
Let's see if Trident is in business in 50 years. Doubtful. 5 years? Hmmmm...
You mean like all of the other guys who have been in business for 50 years?
Get a clue. If I am still building boats in 50 years I am going to shoot myself in the face for not getting further in life.

superdave013
05-13-2006, 01:38 PM
Get a clue. If I am still building boats in 50 years I am going to shoot myself in the face for not getting further in life.
:D that's a great line!

wsuwrhr
05-14-2006, 07:42 AM
I actually like what I do.
Maybe I need to look into something else.
Brian

Froggystyle
05-14-2006, 09:31 AM
I actually like what I do.
Maybe I need to look into something else.
Brian
I want to orbit the earth. I also want to travel a lot... and not just to the river. I wouldn't mind being involved in some form of really expensive racing, like F1 or MotoGP or something either. I would like to start some sort of tourism/extreme guide program for professional divers to go dive shit they have only dreamed of diving... and I want to get there in a custom PBY Catalina. I wouldn't mind owning a really upscale club either...
Too many things to be constrained by one vocation. I need to build nothing but the best, deliver nothing but the finest and keep a reputation for doing just that. If that happens, I don't see any limitations as to what I can do with my life.

TPI
05-14-2006, 07:45 PM
I can remember another Howard Sportdeck thread that ended up traveling down a similar path,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

JustDawn
05-14-2006, 08:47 PM
I can remember another Howard Sportdeck thread that ended up traveling down a similar path,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
I agree :rolleyes:
I've seen more Howards and E-Tickets on the water than the Trident...(Channel reality)
BOTH are really nice boats...

It's Only Money
05-15-2006, 04:45 PM
Gotta' love it when Frogman comes on to a thread NOT about his toy boat and spams his shiznit.
yeah, yeah, yeah...100 MPH and you lied on the low side to Powerboat. Sure and I have an Island for sale.

yeah,right
05-15-2006, 07:14 PM
Gotta' love it when Frogman comes on to a thread NOT about his toy boat and spams his shiznit.
yeah, yeah, yeah...100 MPH and you lied on the low side to Powerboat. Sure and I have an Island for sale.
Who the hell are you to question Froggy and his intentions? He IS the man around here. You better not be bashing him or he might just have to offer for you to go down to his shop so he can prove to you why his boat is the best thing to ever hit the trailer. I would say water, but it seems that his boat spends more time on the trailer than on water.

Phat Matt
05-16-2006, 08:53 AM
Sooooooooooo Luki, did you decide yet? :D

MR HARLEY
05-16-2006, 08:58 AM
Sooooooooooo Luki, did you decide yet? :D
Im not bias or anything :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3830sportdeck.jpg

Phat Matt
05-16-2006, 11:44 AM
Im not bias or anything :p
http://www.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/3830sportdeck.jpg
Isn't still a concept? Or have they built any yet? Looks sweet though. :)

MR HARLEY
05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
I have not heard anything latley but the last time I was told(boat show) they would be going into build, I may be wrong though. :)

BOBALOO
05-16-2006, 01:38 PM
Buy the Howard, I heard from my cousins, brothers,baby momma that the E-Ticket has problems.............. :crossx:
missing a weekend on the water. See ya soon Matt :rollside:

BOBALOO
05-16-2006, 01:40 PM
I would hope that the first one built is by somebody here so we can get pics of the build progress. The concept looks good.

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 02:22 PM
Doesn't seem like there's very much seating on that DCB concept.. A deckboat should be a party bardge right? Not just an open bow performance cat.
Given the 2 choices that were suggested in the subject of the thread I'd pick the e-ticket. Taller freeboard (he said "sea") and twins for reliabillity. I couldn't imagine how bad it would suck to have some minor engine malfunction maroon a bunch of clients out in the middle of nowhere. Atleast one will always get ya home. Just my .02 cents..
What's with all the harshness towards the Trident in this thread? Sounds more personal then anything.
RD

riverracerx
05-16-2006, 03:46 PM
I heard the Trident is sugar free!
Anyone seen the new Nordic deck boat? I have! :p

RiverDave
05-16-2006, 03:56 PM
I heard the Trident is sugar free!
Anyone seen the new Nordic deck boat? I have! :p
Actually the old one was pretty bad ass as well.. Never got the recognition I felt it deserved becuase there's so many cats out there. I love that thing though.. Saw one running 80+ at the regatta a few years back.. past me like I was standing freakin still! :D
What's with the new one? Any pics?
RD

Phat Matt
05-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Actually the old one was pretty bad ass as well.. Never got the recognition I felt it deserved becuase there's so many cats out there. I love that thing though.. Saw one running 80+ at the regatta a few years back.. past me like I was standing freakin still! :D
What's with the new one? Any pics?
RD
I have a friend who has one of hte old ones. He is partly to blame for me getting a deck boat. I was on his boat and I loved all the open room.

Phat Matt
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
Buy the Howard, I heard from my cousins, brothers,baby momma that the E-Ticket has problems.............. :crossx:
missing a weekend on the water. See ya soon Matt :rollside:
I am trying to get my money's worth. Problem is, every weekend I go out cost me more money. :crossx:

riverracerx
05-16-2006, 04:32 PM
I have some bad photos on my cell phone. If your cell accepts photos let me know.
It is the 27 Thor with a new top deck. But very sexy and Nordic in design. I think it will do well. Wish it was a tad bigger though.
Should be done this fall I believe??
(I also hear the 43' Vee is SICK!!)

Roaddogg 4040
05-16-2006, 05:07 PM
Hey Froggy
It looks like you pissed in someones Cheerios!!! Are you sure you don't know who that guy is? (It's only money)
Steve

Froggystyle
05-16-2006, 06:53 PM
Hey Froggy
It looks like you pissed in someones Cheerios!!! Are you sure you don't know who that guy is? (It's only money)
Steve
No... but you are right. There are a couple anonymous haters on here... I love the big internet talkers with zero clue.
Saw a bunch of manufacturers out on Elsinore today. Of course I was on my trailer apparently...
Oh well... I probably wouldn't sell them a boat anyway.

nodigg
05-16-2006, 07:17 PM
I am not a fireman but I REALLY like the Howard. Fireman = Howard? If I was not a Cheetah Cheerleader it would be a Howard for a single and an MattTicket if I wanted twin bills.

Beer-30
05-16-2006, 08:41 PM
Hey LUKI, did you see this one?
http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115081

BoaterX
05-17-2006, 06:48 AM
I am not a fireman but I REALLY like the Howard. Fireman = Howard? If I was not a Cheetah Cheerleader it would be a Howard for a single and an MattTicket if I wanted twin bills.
Thats funny. First time I heard Fireman=Howard. Got a buddy who's a fireman and guess what.....he has a Howard. Gotta go give him a hard time now. LMAO

yeah,right
05-17-2006, 07:09 AM
Why don't you guys start another thread about deck boats in general. THIS thread was about Howard and E-ticket, NOT Nordic, DCB, Trident, Eliminator or any other. I'm just waiting for the usual Ultra, Shockwave, Cobra cheerleaders to come into this thread and jack it too.
Froggy, I don't consider myself a hater. Just telling it like most are actually thinking but don't want to say.

Froggystyle
05-17-2006, 08:47 AM
Who the hell are you to question Froggy and his intentions? He IS the man around here. You better not be bashing him or he might just have to offer for you to go down to his shop so he can prove to you why his boat is the best thing to ever hit the trailer. I would say water, but it seems that his boat spends more time on the trailer than on water.
Froggy, I don't consider myself a hater. Just telling it like most are actually thinking but don't want to say.
Well, nobody who has seen the boat has been left with anything but the highest praise. The money is where the mouth is... we are on the water a lot, and taking lots of folks out on it.
You never took me up on my offer to come on down. I have a better idea now. You name where you want me to be on Sunday with the boat, and I will bring it up and show you one-on-one. I am busy polishing my trailer Thurs-Saturday and checking it for over-use stress or I would make it earlier. We are testing and tuning again on Elsinore today... again all on the trailer but you get the picture.
The offer is sincere. You name which Wal Mart parking lot, Denny's driveway, lake, river or otherwise you want me to be in on Sunday and I will bring it there for you. This will give you a much better lever with which to slam me with I would imagine... wouldn't you?
You aren't saying what "people" think... you are saying what you think. And if they were for some reason thinking about how much they would like to ridicule from afar but "dont want to say" in public... there is a reason for that. It is called manners and class. It is a moderating level that we have in our cognitive thought process that allows us to keep negativity to ourselves instead of looking like a dick by ignorantly blasting away at things we have little grasp of and only a peripheral understanding of at best.
The invitation is there.

RiverDave
05-17-2006, 08:54 AM
Why don't you guys start another thread about deck boats in general. THIS thread was about Howard and E-ticket, NOT Nordic, DCB, Trident, Eliminator or any other. I'm just waiting for the usual Ultra, Shockwave, Cobra cheerleaders to come into this thread and jack it too.
Guy asked for information on 2 deckboats.. The guy also mentioned he's from europe so maybe he doesn't know about the other ones? I dunno.. I've always been a big believer that more information the better.. I can sift through the stuff I don't want, and concentrate on the stuff I do. Strangely enough I've often ended up buying things that were totally different then what I set out too, once I started looking at all the info at hand.
Incidentally, a good way for yourself to know whether or not your being Genuine or not. Would you say it in conversation to somebody if they were standing right in front of you? Or is it simply being said because you don't care and it's only the internet.
Now I'm not sticking up for Trident/Wes here as he's more then capable of doing that himself. I'm just simply saying that I (as well as others) don't stock alot of faith into some random on the internet.
For example
RD =
Dave Johnson
949 - 678 - 8369
2656 Cazadero Carlsbad CA 92009
riverdave@rivertoys.com
FroggyStyle =
Wes Inskeep
619-448-8584
1677 N. Marshall Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020 (during normal biz hours)
Yeah Right = anonymous guy.. sitting behind a desk at some boat mfg. ;)
RD

Cole Trickle
05-17-2006, 09:40 AM
riverdave@rivertoys.com[/email]
FroggyStyle =
Wes Inskeep
619-448-8584
1677 N. Marshall Ave, El Cajon, CA 92020 (during normal biz hours)
Yeah Right = anonymous guy.. sitting behind a desk at some boat mfg. ;)
RD
Your both geting a drunk dial this weekend!!! :crossx:
Keep your phones close to ya around 3am Friday night!!! :p
<------ Brandin Adams :)

riverracerx
05-18-2006, 09:22 AM
NOT Nordic, DCB, Trident, Eliminator or any other
Oh, now there are rules on the internet? I must have missed the memo.

Froggystyle
05-18-2006, 06:14 PM
Well... no phone call yet. I am going to go to the river instead I think...
Anyone up for Martinez this weekend?

Mandelon
05-19-2006, 11:24 AM
I'll be there. I have yet to see the boat on the water so I am looking forward to it.

Froggystyle
05-19-2006, 02:20 PM
I'll be there. I have yet to see the boat on the water so I am looking forward to it.
See you there. We are going to leave tonight. Will be in the MOHO...

Luki
05-21-2006, 11:35 AM
Sorry, I was not at home for the last about 10 days...
No, the Eliminator is to small and the single 496 Mag HO is too weak for or more people on it. And a single engine is not reliable for that weight, and, of course, too slow.
I decided to go with the E-Ticket and twin Mag HO's with Maximus Props.
I hope that Hot-Boat or Powerboat will do once a test with Deckboats and 10 or more people on it.

Phat Matt
05-21-2006, 04:09 PM
No, the Eliminator is to small and the single 496 Mag HO is too weak for or more people on it. And a single engine is not reliable for that weight, and, of course, too slow.
I hope that Hot-Boat or Powerboat will do once a test with Deckboats and 10 or more people on it.
Congrats! :)

SDLifesaver
05-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Congrats on your choice. Nick

My Man's Sportin' Wood
05-22-2006, 03:36 PM
Why don't you speak for yourself and let everyone else speak for his or herself. We are all perfectly capable of speaking our own minds here and don't need you (whoever you are) doing it for us.
Thanks for thinking of the rest of us, though. You seem to be quite the giver. :D

Luki
10-07-2007, 02:24 PM
Hello,
I'm back...
I've started another business in summer 2006 here, but i never could forget my idea with the Luxury-Cat...
A lot of things have changed, and so i will go on with Eticket finally...
I'm very glad that i can talk with Larry again, he is very kind and has a lot of patience.
I wrote a pm to Matt, but he didn't answer...

Phat Matt
10-07-2007, 08:24 PM
Double post

Phat Matt
10-07-2007, 08:26 PM
Hello,
I'm back...
I've started another business in summer 2006 here, but i never could forget my idea with the Luxury-Cat...
A lot of things have changed, and so i will go on with Eticket finally...
I'm very glad that i can talk with Larry again, he is very kind and has a lot of patience.
I wrote a pm to Matt, but he didn't answer...
I tried to send you a PM back and left you a message in Cats and Tunnels. I got a message saying you couldn't receive PM's. :confused:
http://www.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166095

Luki
10-09-2007, 07:07 AM
Hi Matt,
I don't know what's wrong...
Have to check my settings...

Phat Matt
10-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Hi Matt,
I don't know what's wrong...
Have to check my settings...
Got yours. Email sent. :)