PDA

View Full Version : Knockin Boots

Boa1277
12-28-2005, 10:53 PM
Ok, folks I am about to purchase a new pair of boots, and I have worn Tech 8s for 5yrs or so, and I was about to buy a pair of Tech 10s but all of my friends are wearing the Sidi boots they swear by the hinged boot. I would love to get some comments on what you wear and why you like it, 400 bucks is alot for new boots so all opinions are appreciated..(actually I get dealer cost, but it is still expensive) Thanks and Happy New Year

Woodster
12-28-2005, 11:01 PM
The Gaerene Sg10's are awesome boots..Go check them out. I would buy Tech 8's again over tech 10's. Just my opinion

upsman105
12-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Can wear whatever I want, but I always get Tech 6s.

Chubby4Life
12-28-2005, 11:24 PM
I used the Tech 8's also and recently swithched to the 6's. They seem a little more comfortable and not quite as stiff.

piper
12-29-2005, 12:15 AM
I use Sidi's and AlpineStars. The Sidi's are lighter.

Clayton Bigsby
12-29-2005, 07:19 AM
Tech 6 for me too, but the next ones will be Sidis. I have problems with the Alp's soles chunking at the balls of my feet.

sigepmock
12-29-2005, 07:26 AM
I tried them all on and ended up with the Tech 6's again. They just seem to fit my feet better. The Sidi are nice but didn't fit as well as the Tech 6's.
Chris

tcook33
12-29-2005, 08:02 AM
I saw a kid out at Comp Edge yesterday that was wearing the new Berik's. He has been wearing tech 10's and says that the Berik's are way more comfortable. He was a fast intermidiate that knew his shi t, not some beginner. I personally wear the tech 8's with no complaints, soon to step up to the tech 10's.

PowellScooter
12-29-2005, 08:16 AM
Full Bores on my vintage Husky baby

NOTALENT
12-29-2005, 08:18 AM
I stick with the tech 8's. Great price, comfortablity and great looks...I dont like the looks of the sidi, but I have tried then on and they were comfie.

Froggystyle
12-29-2005, 08:19 AM
I have Sidi boots for the street and shoes for the Mountain bike.
I have the Vertigo Corsa for the street and love them. I have read first hand accounts of people crashing in them and with the feet walking away unscathed. I personally think they are the most comfortable I have ever worn, although not cheap by any stretch of the imagination.
Also not cheap are the Dominator 4's I have been wearing for three years on the mountain bike. Same deal, very comfortable, I love them. Great shoes.
With my experience in these two genres, I would say that they probably make a phenomenal dirt boot. If you like them, I would recommend them.

Jordy
12-29-2005, 08:24 AM
I tried the Tech 8's and every time I put them on and took them off, they fit different. Sometimes they were comfortable, other times, crippling, so I went with the Tech 6's and love 'em. :D

THOR
12-29-2005, 09:26 AM
I havent tried Tech 6's, but my 8's are great.

SoCalHD
12-29-2005, 10:59 AM
I use Tech 8's on the dirt, and the Sidi Vertebres for the street bike. Love both.....

ROZ
12-29-2005, 11:08 AM
Try a Mack 10 in the ghetto. It's a blast :D

Boa1277
12-29-2005, 03:04 PM
Wow, it seems like Tech 6s are the popular boot, I went and tried a pair on and they are comfortable, but they sure diddnt feel like they were as responsive as the Tech 8s, granted both of the boots were new, do the tech 6s get better after they break in. (what I mean by responsive is shifter and brake feel) I still need to go and try on the Sidis. Thanks for all of the replys.

wright27
12-29-2005, 03:26 PM
I tried the 10 s did not like the feel. I stick with the 8 s. Go to you local shop and try on all of them. The dam things cost to much to not be happy with.
anyone want a 2004 yz 250 f for a great price?

tcook33
12-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Wow, it seems like Tech 6s are the popular boot, I went and tried a pair on and they are comfortable, but they sure diddnt feel like they were as responsive as the Tech 8s, granted both of the boots were new, do the tech 6s get better after they break in. (what I mean by responsive is shifter and brake feel) I still need to go and try on the Sidis. Thanks for all of the replys.
There are 2 items in motosross you don't mess around with. Helmets and boots. Ride in Jeans and a tank top if you'd like, but spend the $$$ on these two things. It's well worth it.
If you care about your ankles, get the 8's or 10's. There isn't one pro who rides on the 6's. For good reason. It's a lower end boot with less support than the 8's and 10's.

Just Electric
12-29-2005, 04:20 PM
i second that

Caribbean Jet
12-29-2005, 05:19 PM
I wear the tech 8 and will buy them again when I need a new pair. My brother in law wears the Alpine Star Vetcor which seems to be a cross between the Tech 8's and Tech 10's. They're also very nice.
Try them all on and buy what most comfortable.

Hallett Bill
12-29-2005, 07:35 PM
get the tech-8's, you need the strongest boot you can find, and that's the tech 8, unless you ride a suzuki then you need to balance the need for protection with the comfort needed when you push your bike back to your truck. :rollside:

tcook33
12-29-2005, 09:06 PM
got some new beriks and i wear em even when i'm "not" riding. by far the "most" comfortable boot i've ever had, i've been a alpinestar "ho" forever and absolutely swear by em' .... plus it helps i have an "in" on them ... sshhhhhh :rollside: - keyes
ur so bitchen.... :D
I went to comp edge yesterday. First time there. really good...other than the crowd.

tcook33
12-30-2005, 02:49 PM
smart ass :rolleyes: :boxed: - was the crowd bad, as in your way or just not enough room for everyone ? d-no
As far as in my way....no, that part was fine. They split up practice. Pros/Intermidiattes....Novice/Beginner....Ladies/80's. I rode with Pro/Intermidiatte, so I had no issue with people in my way. The problem is you ride a 20 minute moto, then wait for 40 minutes. Not cool. 20 minutes is barely good for 1 moto and your warm. Then you gotta cool down for 40 minutes. I need to go on a day where there is noone there. Then it will be really good because they probably won't split up practice.
Next time one of your insiders rents the track, let me know. I'm down.... :D

RidinRed
01-01-2006, 01:31 AM
I had been in FOX Forma's forever. This year made the switch to SIDI, givin that FOX prices were catching up with the rest and no more padded sole. The SIDI is fantastic fit and function. Mostly, it depends on your foot though. Even with the adjustments and alternate padding I cant stand A-star, but many swear by them too.
Just remember the bottom line is; it's only a few bucks for the right boot!