PDA

View Full Version : just got Laid Off

mach1alaska
05-06-2005, 03:50 PM
I found out wed. night that I am getting laid off next wed. The upper management wanted my boss to wait till the last day to tell me but fortunately he had more integrity than that but it still sucks.
Does anyone out there need a mechanic with 25 years experience in automotive and light diesel equipment ?? I would like to stay in the northwest but that is not written in stone.
Kevin Nelson mach1alaska@hotmail.com

AZKC
05-06-2005, 03:54 PM
Sucks dude :( I know here in AZ the dealerships are allways looking but its alot different than the Northwest :sqeyes:

HCS
05-06-2005, 04:05 PM
That sucks.
We always need techs out here. We need techs right now. But I'm in California.
Were flat rate and not very busy right now but that's just the way the business is.

Floored
05-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Just saw an ad for San Bernardino county looking for just that in Needles area. Motor Fleet Mech pay is 35-4400 per mo. plus bennies www.sbcounty.gov/hr 1-909-387-8304

MsDrmr
05-06-2005, 04:30 PM
Gosh, I am so sorry to hear about that. I understand and appreciate your position, I was laid off on Monday with no notice at all......Hope all goes well for ya

Huckleberry
05-06-2005, 04:37 PM
Too bad you're not a high performance marine mechanic. I think I could have hook ya up!

Jrocket
05-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Too bad you're not a high performance marine mechanic. I think I could have hook ya up!
No kidding..I can think of 2 guys that would like to run their boats sometime I the near future!

Huckleberry
05-06-2005, 04:55 PM
No kidding..I can think of 2 guys that would like to run their boats sometime I the near future!
LMFAO on that one!!! :D :D :D

KACHINA KEN
05-06-2005, 04:58 PM
Can you work on marine??? if you can I may have a contact for you

Silver
05-06-2005, 05:09 PM
I will keep my ears open if I hear of anything. Best of luck!

JetBoatRich
05-06-2005, 06:04 PM
Sucks about the job :yuk: you must have a good relationship with your boss :cool:

bullseye
05-06-2005, 06:12 PM
if you want to come to cali i know some one that is probabley looking wwe are 3 hours from havasu

RitcheyRch
05-06-2005, 06:39 PM
Sorry to hear about the layoff. Hopefully you will find another job. They say everything happens for a reason.

outboardrick
05-06-2005, 08:24 PM
I'm a shop foreman in a Havasu dealership, PM a resume if interested. The earning potenial is raising here and we are in the forefront.
Rick

shadow
05-06-2005, 09:43 PM
which dealership in Havasu?

SoCalKev
05-06-2005, 09:43 PM
sorry to hear....
...not to hijack your thread, but I DO live in Socal, and would LOVE a job at a boat shop.... :mix:

outboardrick
05-06-2005, 09:49 PM
Kev,
Most of the boat shops here are waaay too buisy, always looking for quality people. Send a resume or stop by any of them, I'm sure they will respond favorably. Most shops here are top notch.
Rick

dbddbd
05-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Feel for ya MACH 1, good luck with that... Bravo to the manager...

SoCalKev
05-06-2005, 09:55 PM
Kev,
Most of the boat shops here are waaay too buisy, always looking for quality people. Send a resume or stop by any of them, I'm sure they will respond favorably. Most shops here are top notch.
Rick
awesome!!! I totally know I will make it my own and accell,.... The problem is I dont know where to go.
I'm fairly new to Socal.
I lived in Nor Cal (Sonoma County) for 20 years.
I would like to learn all aspects of motor assembly, gel coats, upholstery, etc.
I liked Ultraboats.com That would be ideal in working on siiiick a$$ boats!
I more look forward to getting out to the lake every day!!! http://www.goodkevin.com/images/12

outboardrick
05-06-2005, 10:02 PM
Kev,
Here in Havasu we work twice as hard for half the pay. Don't expect much lake time.
Rick

SoCalKev
05-06-2005, 10:07 PM
Kev,
Here in Havasu we work twice as hard for half the pay. Don't expect much lake time.
Rick
Is that concidered a cali residence? I surrre could use a nice tax break for re locating to another state!

shadow
05-07-2005, 05:48 AM
Kev,
Rick
:confused:
Luzzi treats you that good huh?Remind me to stay over @ Ford. :D
I try to work half as hard and boat twice as much as in So Cal.

hoolign
05-07-2005, 06:14 AM
I found out wed. night that I am getting laid off next wed. The upper management wanted my boss to wait till the last day to tell me but fortunately he had more integrity than that but it still sucks.
Does anyone out there need a mechanic with 25 years experience in automotive and light diesel equipment ?? I would like to stay in the northwest but that is not written in stone.
Have you ever thought about pulling wrenches in the oil and gas industry? Some of the bigger drilling companies are always looking for competent personell. NABORS is about the biggest and I know they have rigs in Montana. We just shipped a big one down there for us. Might be an avenue worth looking into. They have rigs all over the world!

hoolign
05-07-2005, 07:30 AM
My wife's uncle is a tool pusher for Nabors Drilling, I think he's working in Montana right now.
right on..there is quite a bit going on there right now..alot of very deep wells.. I was thinkin on going down there to put in a couple of hitches.

mach1alaska
05-07-2005, 03:47 PM
Have you ever thought about pulling wrenches in the oil and gas industry? Some of the bigger drilling companies are always looking for competent personell. NABORS is about the biggest and I know they have rigs in Montana. We just shipped a big one down there for us. Might be an avenue worth looking into. They have rigs all over the world!
Actually I am (or should say was) working in the oil fields in prudhoe bay Alaska and am used to 90 hr weeks. so I would definately be interested.
Thanks for everybodys support . I Have so many ways I could go right now and so much is up in the air. I would be interested in working in the montana oil fields.If anyone has connections that would be great.

Kachina26
05-10-2005, 05:41 PM
try www.needtechs.com , some decent stuff on there.

THATJEFFGUY
05-10-2005, 08:59 PM
So you got an early warning on the lay-off, maybe you should "accidently" slip and fall at work tomorrow. Disablity makes for a nice little vacation, especially during boating season...not to mention a little paycheck to help out on the gas and beer ! :cool:

mach1alaska
05-13-2005, 07:42 PM
I started my new job resterday. I am still working in the frozen armpit of the universe(prudhoe bay Alaska) but at least I am still working.
I am planning on selling a bunch of stuff when I get home. No I am not selling my Vdrive or jet but am intending to sell my 2002 TransAm convertible and 2004 chevy Avalanche.
Kevin N