PDA

View Full Version : Bailing out on Havasu

mtndewdrops
05-06-2005, 08:43 PM
We had a great time while it lasted, but we are calling it quits. We are selling the house in Havasu and the boat if anyone is interested. See spam in Hot spots west and Hot boats. Looking to get rid of the gas guzzlers and do some travelling for a change of pace.
Have fun everyone and stay safe.

outboardrick
05-06-2005, 08:51 PM
Can't blame you, moved here two years ago, not happy. Too many Cali problems cropping up. Wish you the best, but wish you'd stay here and fight for the old times like me.
Rick

mtndewdrops
05-07-2005, 07:59 AM
Thanks Rick, All good things must come to an end, I suppose.

dicudmore
05-07-2005, 08:30 AM
sorry to see you calling it quits, but good luck with your sales.
I'm sure it will go quick, property is HOT and that's a good lookin' Essex

Kegel King
05-07-2005, 09:12 AM
I hear Barstows nice this time of year...good luck

mtndewdrops
05-07-2005, 07:40 PM
sorry to see you calling it quits, but good luck with your sales.
I'm sure it will go quick, property is HOT and that's a good lookin' Essex
Thanks, It is a great boat. The house is awesome, we really looked around before buying it. We will miss both, but we want to go to Hawaii and take a cruise. You can do alot of vacations for the cost of owning a vacation home and a boat, along with the vehicle to pull it. We'll be selling the Yukon XL next. I don't want to become a slave to the oil companies.

JetBoatRich
05-07-2005, 07:42 PM
I don't want to become a slave to the oil companies.
:cry: :cry: It is difficult :cry:

franky
05-07-2005, 09:35 PM
Thanks, It is a great boat. The house is awesome, we really looked around before buying it. We will miss both, but we want to go to Hawaii and take a cruise. You can do alot of vacations for the cost of owning a vacation home and a boat, along with the vehicle to pull it. We'll be selling the Yukon XL next. I don't want to become a slave to the oil companies.
Wow, I am sorry it did not work out. Can you take about 100 of your friends with you also?

phebus
05-08-2005, 09:06 AM
You can do alot of vacations for the cost of owning a vacation home and a boat, along with the vehicle to pull it.
If you look at the cost of boating, we would all quit, but it's the value of boating that keeps us in the sport.

NashvilleBound
05-08-2005, 09:11 AM
If you want to visit TN let us know....just dont sell the boat till you see the lakes and homes! Let me know if you want some current listings.... just to look at.

Perfect Mixer
05-08-2005, 10:58 AM
If you look at the cost of boating, we would all quit, but it's the value of boating that keeps us in the sport.
Well said!

mtndewdrops
05-08-2005, 12:40 PM
Wow, I am sorry it did not work out. Can you take about 100 of your friends with you also?
Sorry, I still have friends that are staying, so I will be out there occasional to visit. BOYZ trip coming up!
I am not saying that the VALUE of boating is not worth the cost. I am just getting tired of running ragged maintaining all the toys and spending tons of money on Insurance, Fuel, Maintenence costs let alone a House with a swimming pool that loves to suck electricity. In the summer the pool runs 10-12 hours a day whether you are there or not.
I only get 2 weeks of vacation a year and take a few additional weekend trips. I would like to sit on my assets and let someone else worry about the boat while I am sipping on Mai Tais...

mtndewdrops
05-08-2005, 12:44 PM
If you want to visit TN let us know....just dont sell the boat till you see the lakes and homes! Let me know if you want some current listings.... just to look at.
Tenessee sounds good, send me a link! I am always interested in looking at different places.

malibuken
05-09-2005, 06:57 AM
Not to worry Dennis, you can always give a shout if you want to hit the water. :)
And we can always hit Zigs place for a party, just do not tell him we are doing it. ;)

Havasu Hangin'
05-09-2005, 07:09 AM
I would like to sit on my assets and let someone else worry about the boat while I am sipping on Mai Tais...
No kidding. Maui is sounding pretty good when I'm sweating (and bleeding) all over the damn boat sometimes...

cola
05-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Nice boat.

NOTALENT
05-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Hey Nashville...can u send me the link as well...just curious to see whats to offer...thanks. :D

carbonmarine
05-09-2005, 07:59 AM
I think this is a trend we shall start to seemore and more since most homes are 2nd homes. Thing are getting tight.
I have three neighbors opting out all together as well ( all mid to young 40's ). They say they cant take the younger chit head/punk attitudes, the drugs in the channel, tweakers & theft in town and of course the rising cost's associated...
All three have had break-in's and insurance was a nightmare to get resolved( both boat & home owners )...
:cool:

mtndewdrops
05-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Not to worry Dennis, you can always give a shout if you want to hit the water. :)
And we can always hit Zigs place for a party, just do not tell him we are doing it. ;)
Great Idea!!! Thanks Ken

mtndewdrops
05-09-2005, 08:24 AM
Nice boat.
You should know, Mike...Thanks Sure you don't want it back???

Essex502
05-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Dennis - sorry to hear you bail....before you do have you investigated renting that house? That way you can maintain the equity that can grow. Selling and using the money elsewhere will certainly be fun but in the end you don't have your investment. Something to think about.
Either way....keep in touch.

Ducatista
05-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Good luck to you, I'm sure that it was a very tough decision. We have had several friends pull out of Havasu for all the above reasons, and they are all happy with there decisions. They may visit a couple times a year to get their "fix", and are doing all kinds of fun stuff like you want to do, travel etc. Take care... :cool:

Mrs.Racer277
05-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Sorry to jack...
Ducatista, I saw a duc rider with the loud clutches shirt this weekend.
I laughed out loud, more so for what boats are going through right now.
Ok, back to your programmed thread.....

mtndewdrops
05-09-2005, 09:24 AM
Dennis - sorry to hear you bail....before you do have you investigated renting that house? That way you can maintain the equity that can grow. Selling and using the money elsewhere will certainly be fun but in the end you don't have your investment. Something to think about.
Either way....keep in touch.
Yes, the rental market is not that favorable, especially with a pool. The liability is a factor.
Will definately keep in touch. We will still visit Ziggy, and our friend Karl.
Maybe I can ride in that fancy new boat of yours when you get it.

mtndewdrops
05-09-2005, 09:25 AM
Good luck to you, I'm sure that it was a very tough decision. We have had several friends pull out of Havasu for all the above reasons, and they are all happy with there decisions. They may visit a couple times a year to get their "fix", and are doing all kinds of fun stuff like you want to do, travel etc. Take care... :cool:
Thanks for the positive feedback, it is nice to hear that others have made the same move and aren't regretting it too much.
Been looking at used Vettes on the internet...uh oh :)

Ducatista
05-09-2005, 10:00 AM
Sorry to jack...
Ducatista, I saw a duc rider with the loud clutches shirt this weekend.
I laughed out loud, more so for what boats are going through right now.
Ok, back to your programmed thread.....
That's my favorite t-shirt! (I have my stock exhaust tucked away somewhere just in case I get poped) :D

riverroyal
05-09-2005, 11:31 AM
dont EVER look at the overall cost of boating,it will give you ulsers,it is scary

JBmagic
05-09-2005, 11:35 AM
dont EVER look at the overall cost of boating,it will give you ulsers,it is scary
Hey. Did you go out?

riverroyal
05-09-2005, 11:50 AM
left at 6 am,got home at 6pm,long drive...going back out wednesday at noon,when are you going?

JBmagic
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
left at 6 am,got home at 6pm,long drive...going back out wednesday at noon,when are you going?
Probably get in around 7-7:30 friday. Leave early monday. What the hell was so important to do that heroic roadie?

riverroyal
05-09-2005, 11:53 AM
going out wednesday?

Ziggy
05-09-2005, 11:56 AM
Or we can overload your trailer Ken :hammerhea
And you better tell me cuz I want to be there to party too :wink: :p

NashvilleBound
05-09-2005, 11:57 AM
Tenessee sounds good, send me a link! I am always interested in looking at different places.
http://www.tennesseelakeinfo.com/ Middle TN is where we are. Center Hill and dale Hollow are the best. 40 minutes....and whala..on the water.
Your always welcome to take a ride. The water on the link page is what it looks like ALL summer ....oh...all day! hope that doesnt scare you away....