PDA

View Full Version : Any Nissan Dealers on the board????

Rod-64
05-07-2005, 01:39 AM
Titan..............to be specific.

99 232 baja
05-07-2005, 05:11 AM
Titan..............to be specific.BUY USA, FORD,GM OR DODGE. You can get a good discount from GM with their"GM in the Driveway" program. Ask your local dealer or PM me.

NashvilleBound
05-07-2005, 06:18 AM
04 Armada...6 brake jobs in 10 months. The salesman over at Magic has a Titan...same thing. Be carefull.

Mor's Lavey
05-07-2005, 06:23 AM
Titan..............to be specific.
Do a search on ( Nissan Titan? ) There is a thread on this.

bilgewiper
05-07-2005, 07:12 AM
05 Armada...6 brake jobs in 10 months. The salesman over at Magic has a Titan...same thing. Be carefull.
my buddies Titan is in the same situation. I don't think he had 500 mi on it before the rotors warped.

XtrmWakeborder
05-07-2005, 07:52 AM
Any truth to the bad suspension geometry on the titan?

Perfect Mixer
05-07-2005, 07:58 AM
Two front brake repairs. Two attempts at correcting a right pull condition. Two attempts at correcting a noise in the front end. Two attempts at repairing my radio that displays the RDS incorrectly. One drivers window regulator and two oil changes in 6000 miles. As far as the front end goemetry, I can't get over a speed bump at a resonable amount of speed without it bottoming out in the front. I'd think again! Waiting for the brake rotors to warp again so I can call the Lemon Law attorney back to get rid of it!
Ok, I'm done now

Rod-64
05-07-2005, 08:42 AM
I have heard about the brake probs with the 2004 models but have heard that they were fixed with the 2005...........ceramic was the word used.
The one I was looking at is the LE with the Big Tow package with the leather and bells and whistle on it. Has the flip over cargo extender and back up sensors. Dealer here wants 2k over what it should be. Will be checking Vegas in 2 weeks.

HCS
05-07-2005, 10:35 AM
I work for Nissan. What's up?
Titan/Armada brake fix is in the works. If anyone wants the info, PM me a fax#. I'll fax it to you. :cool:

JESSE
05-07-2005, 01:47 PM
i have a 05 titan 4 wheel drive a could not be haper with it but it only has 2500 miles on it it also has the off road pkg on it. i traded in my 02 chevy on it with the 4.8 liter and the titan out tows that night and day. i loved my chevy just wanted the 4 x 4 and the room in the back seats and could not swing the chevy HD

havasujoe93
05-07-2005, 04:19 PM
Buy A Titan, You Won't Get Half The Shit From Any Domestic Manuf. I Bought Mine In Nov. Of 2004, And I Love It, It Walks All Over Gm And Fords Any F'in Day.

dicudmore
05-07-2005, 04:25 PM
nice truck overall but the brake concern IN NOT fixed as of yet...

NashvilleBound
05-07-2005, 06:10 PM
I think your in the clear with that one.....

HCS
05-07-2005, 09:01 PM
nice truck overall but the brake concern IN NOT fixed as of yet...
You think Nissan is just spankin the monkey! :rolleyes:
They just don't want to have to replace the whole front spindle, calipers, rotors, pads and all.
They (f)ucked) up! :boxed:

99 232 baja
05-08-2005, 04:39 AM
Buy A Titan, You Won't Get Half The Shit From Any Domestic Manuf. I Bought Mine In Nov. Of 2004, And I Love It, It Walks All Over Gm And Fords Any F'in Day.Man are you dreamin, walk all over a Ford or a GM, come on! Keep buying those foreign cars,because you may have to eat them in theend.

sorry dog
05-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Dunno about Ford, but I'm afraid for GM. It just looks like the stuff they are putting out now isn't very competitive. I mean how the fock did the Aztec get by the marketing filters? The trucks are good, but most of mainstream cars except Cadillac don't seem to have improved much. They are behind on hybrid models and they don't have a car-ute that is anything close to a highlander or pilot. It's kinda sad when I'd rather drive a Sonata compared to anything GM puts out in the same class of car.
I'll buy American as long it's as good or close but...

99 232 baja
05-08-2005, 11:14 AM
Dunno about Ford, but I'm afraid for GM. It just looks like the stuff they are putting out now isn't very competitive. I mean how the fock did the Aztec get by the marketing filters? The trucks are good, but most of mainstream cars except Cadillac don't seem to have improved much. They are behind on hybrid models and they don't have a car-ute that is anything close to a highlander or pilot. It's kinda sad when I'd rather drive a Sonata compared to anything GM puts out in the same class of car.
I'll buy American as long it's as good or close but...AGREE 100 %, GM needs to make a car that is wanted and liked by the public. Right now they have nothing but trucks.

NashvilleBound
05-09-2005, 08:12 AM
NISSAN SUCKS ASS!! We opened a claim with them in April...they said they would call and get things rolling....I sent a certified letter out the 11th of April....they were supposed to write back within 10 days..... NOTHING. So I called today and they said they never recieved it. thankfully I have sig confirm on my receipt. I opened a new claim with the BBB today for the Re-purchase. I will NEVER buy another Nissan and make sure, if its the last thing I do, is discourage as many people I know from buying them.

Perfect Mixer
05-09-2005, 09:21 PM
NISSAN SUCKS ASS!! We opened a claim with them in April...they said they would call and get things rolling....I sent a certified letter out the 11th of April....they were supposed to write back within 10 days..... NOTHING. So I called today and they said they never recieved it. thankfully I have sig confirm on my receipt. I opened a new claim with the BBB today for the Re-purchase. I will NEVER buy another Nissan and make sure, if its the last thing I do, is discourage as many people I know from buying them.
I don't know if you checked out the lemon law lawyers sites, but they did mention not to bother with the BBB. I will not work to your advantage. I did, and now I'm paying the consiquences. Now I have to wait until the steering wheel shakes during braking. Oh well live and lern.

NashvilleBound
05-10-2005, 03:44 AM
I don't know if you checked out the lemon law lawyers sites, but they did mention not to bother with the BBB. I will not work to your advantage. I did, and now I'm paying the consiquences. Now I have to wait until the steering wheel shakes during braking. Oh well live and lern.
We have already spoken to an attorney as well. We decided on this as its been in for service twice the needed times for a lemon law re-buy. Its pretty straight up. We are supposed to hear today sometime with some news from Nissan. I'm not holding my breath.

Essex502
05-10-2005, 06:06 AM
Sounds like a repeat of my experience with my '95 Nissan Pathfinder. Ate brake rotors. That situation was NEVER resolved by Nissan. That truck spent more days in the shop for warranty work that any 5 other vehicles I've owned. They replaced the transmission, differential, exhaust (include one exhasut manifold that cracked), driveshaft, shocks and half the emission system - all under warranty. The rotors? Not covered. 4 sets of rotors and pads went into that truck before I traded it in 9 months early on the lease for an American made vehicle. Funny thing is...the '91 Pathfinder was outstanding. No warranty work. Changed the oil and had the same regular scheduled maintenance (same dealer) and 90+K miles later with only a front brake PAD (only the pads!) replacement I traded it in for the '95. Shoulda' kept the '91.
Would I buy another Nissan product? Not likely.

OGShocker
05-10-2005, 06:09 AM
Buy
American!

Artv
05-10-2005, 06:31 AM
I just received all the parts for the updated bulletin for one of the qx56 that has been in our shop eight times for brake issues. I now work for Midway Infiniti in Phoenix. I came from corporate, I just got off the phone with the warranty manager at Nissan corp and he told me that the customers should be receiving a letter in the mail in the next few months.
Any questions Pm me.

Essex502
05-10-2005, 06:41 AM
I just received all the parts for the updated bulletin for one of the qx56 that has been in our shop eight times for brake issues. I now work for Midway Infiniti in Phoenix. I came from corporate, I just got off the phone with the warranty manager at Nissan corp and he told me that the customers should be receiving a letter in the mail in the next few months.
Any questions Pm me.
But will it fix the problem?

Artv
05-10-2005, 06:44 AM
Per Nissan it will work.

Essex502
05-10-2005, 06:49 AM
Per Nissan it will work.
You know how they "fixed" the clunking coming from the differential of my 1995 4x2 Pathfinder? By replacing the transmission with a 4x4, replacing the exhaust (because it is routed differently on a 4x4) and replacing the driveshaft. According to the service manager at Valencia Nissan at the time, the design of the truck prevent ANY other solution. Now, granted, I didn't have to pay a dime for the "fix" but driving 50+K miles with the clunking that started at 8K miles was pretty annoying. That and the fact that the same service manager told me all along that there was nothing "wrong" with the truck. If I hadn't continued to badger the service writers every visit to the "Stealership" I wouldn't have received the "fix" at all. No notice, no recall, no service bulletin sent to the owner - nothing but persistence.
I hope for the owners of the vehicles that Nissan fixes it correctly. Their past history with me makes me skeptical.

NashvilleBound
05-10-2005, 07:06 AM
Even with the letter coming, the phone calls going on by people who's second language is English.....we are still racking up miles and are going to get whacked for them in the end. How many miles of my total were driving a vehicle that was in disrepair??? Most of them! Do the care...NO. Did I enjoy my new vehicle...yes for about the first 5000 miles then it just started falling apart...will they take that into consideration...no. They dont give a rats ass about me.... but if I have my way they will. I am involving a pretty high profile attorney in CA that is going to guild me through this. Friend of a friend so to speak. I think in the end it will work out to a fair settlement...thats all I ask for.

Essex502
05-10-2005, 07:23 AM
Even with the letter coming, the phone calls going on by people who's second language is English.....we are still racking up miles and are going to get whacked for them in the end. How many miles of my total were driving a vehicle that was in disrepair??? Most of them! Do the care...NO. Did I enjoy my new vehicle...yes for about the first 5000 miles then it just started falling apart...will they take that into consideration...no. They dont give a rats ass about me.... but if I have my way they will. I am involving a pretty high profile attorney in CA that is going to guild me through this. Friend of a friend so to speak. I think in the end it will work out to a fair settlement...thats all I ask for.
My EXACT experience - in 1995! Sad to see some things never change.

HCS
05-10-2005, 08:16 AM
But will it fix the problem?
I have all the info on the current fix. It's hot off the wire.
It's a vendor problem. It's not so much Nissan, It's the vendor that supplies the parts.
Nissan has issues with the vendor.

Essex502
05-10-2005, 09:15 AM
It's a vendor problem. It's not so much Nissan, It's the vendor that supplies the parts.
And they didn't test the vendor's product before including them on the vehicle? What about quality control and incoming inspection? Left to the vendor? Are these Nissans built in the US or imported? US vendor or Offshore vendor?

HCS
05-10-2005, 09:32 AM
Quote:
Nissan's primary supplier has experienced technical issues on their production line, which have caused a delay in countermeasure part production ramp-up. Nissan production engineers have worked ceaselessly with the supplier to help resolve these issues. There is a small increase in parts supply in May,
which many force-feed dealers will see reflection in their weekly allocation quuantities. Nissan is confident there will be a significant increase in countermeaser parts availability in mid June.
Bottom line. There's a limited parts supply. Wait in line or bitch enough so they move you to the head of the pack.

HCS
05-10-2005, 09:38 AM
And they didn't test the vendor's product before including them on the vehicle? What about quality control and incoming inspection? Left to the vendor? Are these Nissans built in the US or imported? US vendor or Offshore vendor?
It's a US vendor. We have sevaral buy back issues here at our dealer. Nissan is telling us the new countermeasure parts are the fix. For Nissan's sake they better hope so.

Essex502
05-10-2005, 09:51 AM
So if I read you posts correctly...the original problem is not due to a vendor but the delay in getting replacement, corrective parts IS due to the vendor.
I too hope that customers get their vehicle corrected in a timely manner. It sucks to have to deal with faults or defects on a brand new car or truck.

Rod-64
05-10-2005, 11:26 AM
Lots of good info here, guys............ :boxed:
I guess it's hit or miss an ANY manufactorer. I own a Jeep GC LTD and have heard about their crappy transmissions and transfer cases. I have not had any probs with those.
My Jeep just turned 83000 miles. ('97). What did die is the cd player no longer accepts cds........I'm guessing the mechanism died since the radio still works........The right rear speaker blew (too much Pantera, I think) and the front brakes are effing up again. I've needed new brakes and rotors every 2 years on the thing, speaking of those.
I think you can find probs with any make of vehicle. Someone somewhere has bought a lemon POS. I once bought an 89 Trans AM GTA right off the showroom floor and it was a night mare. I had a stack of warranty papers 2 inches high. I think they built that car at 3 o'clock on the Friday before Memorial Day and finished a 4! :yuk: If I mentioned all the probs on that mother no one would believe me.
Think I'll just air up the tires on my Fuji 18 speed. :D

NuckinFutz
05-10-2005, 11:33 AM
There's good and bad in every builder, but after my Frontier 4 door experience in 2001 I can say I'm pretty confident I'll never own another Nissan.

HCS
05-10-2005, 11:50 AM
I had a Nissan truck and sold it when it hit 295,000 miles. I got $2000.00 bucks for it when I sold it. :mix:
Now I drive my wifes x Nissan Sentra to work. It has 250,000 miles on it. :mix:
And I just bought my wife a 2005 Altima. :mix:
Ofcourse I work for Nissan. Kinda makes a little difference. ;) :coffeycup

Rod-64
05-10-2005, 12:04 PM
I had a Nissan truck and sold it when it hit 295,000 miles. I got $2000.00 bucks for it when I sold it. :mix:
Now I drive my wifes x Nissan Sentra to work. It has 250,000 miles on it. :mix:
And I just bought my wife a 2005 Altima. :mix:
Ofcourse I work for Nissan. Kinda makes a little difference. ;) :coffeycup
So what do you get for the LE with the big tow pkg???......No DVD or Nav.

NashvilleBound
05-10-2005, 12:05 PM
So now its MY problem THEY had a problem with their vendor. Its F'd up. Like what was previously stated...what ever happened to taking responsibility for the product? Customer service? We called this morning and my wife sat on hold for over 10 minutes before hanging up.. No way will we call back for that. The next time they called my office is instructed to place the agent on hold for several minutes checking in with them every two or three.

HCS
05-10-2005, 01:51 PM
So now its MY problem THEY had a problem with their vendor. Its F'd up. Like what was previously stated...what ever happened to taking responsibility for the product? Customer service? We called this morning and my wife sat on hold for over 10 minutes before hanging up.. No way will we call back for that. The next time they called my office is instructed to place the agent on hold for several minutes checking in with them every two or three.
Don't get me wrong. I'll agree. Nissan (f)ucked up. IMO. It's their first adventure with a full size truck. They under estimated how much breaking power it would need. IMO. I really think they didn't know what they were going to do to fix the problem. IMO. That's what took so long for them to come up with a solution. Nissan is going to have to replace every set of brakes on every Titan/Armada. Even the 2005's. I would think their engineers would want to be sure that the new countermeasure parts are going to fix the problem. Or they wouldn't release them. I would hope. :squiggle:
In the mean time the dealers are suppose to keep replacing your brakes with the old set up until the new set comes in. It's a pain in the ass, but what else you going to do beside piss the truck back on them. Like your about to do. There's alot of people out there that want to do the samething.
Personally I would wait for the upgrade and see how it goes. We have installed several now with no comebacks. So far so good.

HCS
05-10-2005, 02:00 PM
So what do you get for the LE with the big tow pkg???......No DVD or Nav.
I work in parts. I could go up front and ask, but I'd probably get a bogus answer. :messedup:
If your shopping the best bet is to look for the add cars. You know, the 2 at this price deal.

TheEduKATor
05-10-2005, 03:26 PM
I was thinking about the Titan as well.
I owned a 98 Chevy Tahoe. Tranny went out, master cylinder went out and rear end completely blew the gears out of the casing around 60k. The upper control arm completely peeled off of the frame.
I got into a new 03 F-250 two years ago. It kept cutting out as I was driving. Everytime I took it in to get serviced they said, we tested it and couldn't find anything. "If it happens again, bring it back in."
I got rid of it and I'm now in an new 04 F-150 since October. It's been in twice. 4x4 engaged itself when in reverse and it knocks when going up hill sometimes doing 40mph. Now I can't get the 4x4 to work. Tried it on sunday at the launch ramp and wouldn't engage. I'm taking it in again and if they can't fix it, i'm going to see an attorney about the lemon law.
Foreign or Domestic, I don't think it matters they all have their problems.

HCS
05-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Talking with a Nissan rep. If that's their only major problem they have with the Titan/Armada, is the brakes. They believe it's a good first release for a full size truck.
They will fix the brake problem.
That's, major problem. Their not including creeks, rattles, wheather strip problems and so on. All that stuff is covered under the normal warranty.