PDA

View Full Version : new mufflers... thanks Jordy!

DogHouse
05-07-2005, 03:15 PM
Just installed the new Gibsons today and fired it up on the trailer... Much more quiet than with the CP Super Cylones I had before. Don't know if it'll get me into the marina but it's a big improvement over what I had. It'll be interesting to see how it does while running down the lake. Maybe we could even hold a conversation inside the boat, wouldn't that be nice! I would also expect these to make a little more power since there's a good size pass-through hole whereas the old muffs had a full block plate.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/313mufflers2.JPG
Thanks Jordy!
:D

Jordy
05-08-2005, 08:28 AM
Not a problem Mr. Doghouse. Those look great on. Can't wait to see what they do for you on the water. :D

roln 20s
05-08-2005, 11:06 PM
So Brian--when are we going out to test it out! I'm free tomorrow afternoon...and Tuesday...and Wednesday...and I'm sure I can fit thursday and friday in as necessary :) Those look bad ass--hope the results are good too.
Roln 20s

Havasu Hangin'
05-09-2005, 03:56 AM
Can you make them any longer? I have muffler envy!
:notam:
PS- I would think it would be quieter just from exiting past the swimstep (AKA- the "echo chamber")...

DogHouse
05-09-2005, 05:01 PM
Can you make them any longer? I have muffler envy!
:notam:
PS- I would think it would be quieter just from exiting past the swimstep (AKA- the "echo chamber")...
...Hence the "length"... Coincidence? Maybe not!
Some guys buy really big boats to compensate for er, well nevermind. I couldn't come up with the $$$ for that so I had to settle for really big mufflers!

DogHouse
05-09-2005, 05:06 PM
So Brian--when are we going out to test it out! I'm free tomorrow afternoon...and Tuesday...and Wednesday...and I'm sure I can fit thursday and friday in as necessary :) Those look bad ass--hope the results are good too.
Roln 20s
Does that mean we have to bring your boss since we're goofing off during the workday? :D
I'll probably go out somewhere this weekend. Not sure where yet but I'll keep ya posted...
:cool:

roln 20s
05-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Does that mean we have to bring your boss since we're goofing off during the workday? :D
I'll probably go out somewhere this weekend. Not sure where yet but I'll keep ya posted...
The boss is definately NOT coming, but I'll pretend to be in a work mood so that I don't have to take vacation time :) You have my number, give me a call :)

MAINEVENT
05-09-2005, 10:18 PM
Be the first to join the newest club on the river. The Over the Limit Club tm. Save your money on mufflers and buy a shirt. We've got his and hers styles to choose from.
We're temporarely renting space at:
www.havasunow.com/olc.htm (http://www.havasunow.com/olc.htm)
or contact us by e-mail at olc@rraz.net
This guy is killing me :rolleyes: this spam is like a roach it keeps popping up :220v:
BTW nice Mufflers too bad the have to be on though :mad: :rollside:

DogHouse
05-15-2005, 07:57 PM
Went to Havasu marina and got tested... 81.8 db! Hard to believe, but this thing is super quiet now. Performance doesn't seem to have suffered. Factor in the price, and these Gibsons are a winner all the way around.

OutCole'd
05-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Brian, it was great to finally meet you Saturday. I never did get a chance to go check out your boat. There is always next time.
Bill

DogHouse
05-15-2005, 08:03 PM
Brian, it was great to finally meet you Saturday. I never did get a chance to go check out your boat. There is always next time.
Bill
Likewise! BTW your boat is much cooler than a Honda Accord... but that was a great analogy, LOL!

Essex502
05-16-2005, 07:18 AM
Brian - great to meet you this weekend and hopefully see you again on the water!

HavasuHome
05-16-2005, 08:17 AM
Brian, we enjoyed having you as a house guest this weekend. You are welcome anytime.
Bill

Jordy
05-16-2005, 08:18 AM
You are welcome anytime.
Bill
Be careful what you wish for. :D :D :D
Glad those mufflers worked out for ya Brian. :D

DogHouse
05-16-2005, 04:54 PM
Brian - great to meet you this weekend and hopefully see you again on the water!
Great hangin out with you and Lisa as well! Hope to see a new Bullet on the lake sometime soon...
ps: Almost forgot, thanks for introducing me to the Goose! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-005.gif

DogHouse
05-16-2005, 04:56 PM
Be careful what you wish for. :D :D :D
Ok that was pretty funny! :D
Bill & Scott & Julie (hope I spelled that right), thank you again, it was a great weekend all around and we sure appreciate the fine hospitality, Havasu Home/Havasu Dreamin style!

Essex502
05-17-2005, 06:09 AM
Great hangin out with you and Lisa as well! Hope to see a new Bullet on the lake sometime soon...
ps: Almost forgot, thanks for introducing me to the Goose! http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-005.gif
You're more than welcome to the 'Goose anytime...you know where it is!

Reaper1
05-24-2005, 03:20 PM
Hey, that transom pic looks awfully familiar. :wink:
Looks like you will also be doing some aqua ladder relocating. :boxed:

DogHouse
05-25-2005, 07:27 PM
Hey, that transom pic looks awfully familiar. :wink:
Looks like you will also be doing some aqua ladder relocating. :boxed:
Yeah no kidding! Right now I'm just using the outdrive to climb on, but that's probably not a great long term solution. I should fix the ladder, and maybe a few other things too!
You still planning on the dam run dealio?