PDA

View Full Version : RRL has made a few changes

hot_diggity_dog
05-08-2005, 06:56 AM
We have completed all of the upgrades now.
Including the ability to upload pictures up to 800x600 right from your computer.
Come by for a visit and let us know what you think!
HDD

6 Dollar Boat
05-08-2005, 08:42 AM
I tried it...my pics are too big... :mad: :(

Jrocket
05-08-2005, 09:23 AM
SPAM!!!

WetWillie
05-08-2005, 09:32 AM
man the pics out of my kids Disneyland camara are bigger then that. Someone needs to come up with an auto resize feature.. :notam:

hot_diggity_dog
05-08-2005, 09:47 AM
man the pics out of my kids Disneyland camara are bigger then that. Someone needs to come up with an auto resize feature.. :notam:
Cool set us up Mr Wizard!
HDD

hot_diggity_dog
05-08-2005, 09:47 AM
SPAM!!!
Thanks for the bump know go drink your Kolaide :rollside:
HDD :cool:

Jrocket
05-08-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the bump know go drink your Kolaide :rollside:
You spelled my drink wrong but no big deal..LOL Just a question here though,I understand you want more people to come over and check out RRL...but you also have most of the people over there saying that the people on ***boat here are just pricks for coming over only when ***boat goes does?Now thats not exactly the way to be friendly now is it?So do you want more traffic there from here or not,if so you might want to have some of the people lighten up on what they say about people on ***boat.. For me I could care less what they say,it doesnt bother me,but some of these people here might not take it so easy.
BTW,I think 800x600 is a good enough size for pic viewing.Nice to see you can upload right to the site now.

hot_diggity_dog
05-08-2005, 11:39 AM
You spelled my drink wrong but no big deal..LOL Just a question here though,I understand you want more people to come over and check out RRL...but you also have most of the people over there saying that the people on ***boat here are just pricks for coming over only when ***boat goes does?Now thats not exactly the way to be friendly now is it?So do you want more traffic there from here or not,if so you might want to have some of the people lighten up on what they say about people on ***boat.. For me I could care less what they say,it doesnt bother me,but some of these people here might not take it so easy.
BTW,I think 800x600 is a good enough size for pic viewing.Nice to see you can upload right to the site now.
KOOLAIDE
JR the people they are referring to is probably the same peeps you wouldn't want over there either! The Drama attention whores etc.
As far a lightning up, the peeps that feel that way are usually the ones we are talking about, the others could care less.
I bet if We changed D-Row to DCB-Row and made Charley and you the moderators there would be more traffic then Rocky, Alfonzo, and MBrown posting in the D-row section!
The boards are just a year old it takes time!

TheLurker
05-08-2005, 12:20 PM
HDD,
Just an observation on my part, It doesn’t matter what a section is called if there are too many of them; it has the effect of segregating people into their own world. When the D-Row forum was started it kind of pulled people out of the Channel section. This had the effect of limiting Internet / posting contact between members and reduced the banter going back and forth among different groups. There are a lot of different groups on all of these boards. I’m sure the D Row crowd is a blast to hang with but since I don’t I can’t really relate to a lot of their threads.
Sort of the dilution theory. Then people tend to drop off when not much happens.
RRL is a great site but needs more traffic. I’m sure you already know that.

hot_diggity_dog
05-08-2005, 01:16 PM
HDD,
Just an observation on my part, It doesn’t matter what a section is called if there are too many of them; it has the effect of segregating people into their own world. When the D-Row forum was started it kind of pulled people out of the Channel section. This had the effect of limiting Internet / posting contact between members and reduced the banter going back and forth among different groups. There are a lot of different groups on all of these boards. I’m sure the D Row crowd is a blast to hang with but since I don’t I can’t really relate to a lot of their threads.
Sort of the dilution theory. Then people tend to drop off when not much happens.
RRL is a great site but needs more traffic. I’m sure you already know that.
Good point that's why we originaly kept only a few sections.
We thought the the D-row section would evolve into the Offshore poker run and bigger boats section. It still has potential. We did add the lower river section due to numerous request.
Our next section will be the KOOLaide factory! LOL
thanks for the imput
HDD

Kachina26
05-08-2005, 01:27 PM
Great new look Glenn! I like to be able to hover over a topic and get a quick preview, I also like to use the "new Posts" feature. I'm very glad you guys made the changes. The colors are much easier on the eyes as well. Thanks :D

hot_diggity_dog
05-08-2005, 01:29 PM
Great new look Glenn! I like to be able to hover over a topic and get a quick preview, I also like to use the "new Posts" feature. I'm very glad you guys made the changes. The colors are much easier on the eyes as well. Thanks :D
What do you want your own section now! :2purples:
HDD

Kachina26
05-08-2005, 01:37 PM
My own section :idea: Hmmmmmm
Can I dedicate it to illegal immigration issues?

Havasu Hangin'
05-08-2005, 02:36 PM
HDD- One quick question...if you don't want the "Drama" that goes on Hot Boat over on RRL, why do you constantly SPAM RRL on Hot Boat?
:confused:

hot_diggity_dog
05-08-2005, 03:06 PM
HDD- One quick question...if you don't want the "Drama" that goes on Hot Boat over on RRL, why do you constantly SPAM RRL on Hot Boat?
:confused:
Personally I don't care if there's drama or not! I just like to keep the peeps updated on what's the latest on RRL. It kinda doesn't make sense for me to host pictures and post them on HB, waste of bandwidth?
HMMMMMMM I don't think I'm spamming either, not selling or doing mass E-mails??? We aren't selling anythin either. Now Cutting Edge Marine & Boat bling, and all the boats for sale are spam for sure.
Hope that answer's your???
HDD

Charley
05-08-2005, 03:13 PM
I like the look and feel of RRL, I really do.... for me it is as simple as the fact that Im a creature of habit... I would have to assume that if HB.com keeps having reliability and speed issues at one point I am going to jump ship cause it seems to be getting less and less "available" ... I'm also pretty Miffed that all of my pictures are gone.... I understand if it was a storage issue, but I think a 2-3 week warning in the form of a sticky would have been alot cooler than just dumping my files! I do appreciate this website and everything it offers i just hope someone turns it around... and soon

Havasu Hangin'
05-08-2005, 03:29 PM
I don't think I'm spamming either, not selling or doing mass E-mails??? We aren't selling anythin either. Now Cutting Edge Marine & Boat bling, and all the boats for sale are spam for sure.
Whether you are selling something or not, HB has a rule against multiple forum spamming (like selling stuff, soliciting traffic for a site, etc).
I would think the "don't treat people how you wouldn't want to be treated" rule would go along way.
As for Hot Boat Charley...there isn't any admin right now, so things are falling apart worse than a DCB just outta warranty. Who knows what the future holds.

Charley
05-08-2005, 03:48 PM
As for Hot Boat Charley...there isn't any admin right now.
so who do I have to thank for dumping my image center?

Havasu Hangin'
05-08-2005, 03:54 PM
so who do I have to thank for dumping my image center?
It dumped itself. Since there is no admin, I don't imagine the site is being backed up daily.
However, if it makes you feel any better, you can blame me.

Charley
05-08-2005, 04:15 PM
hey HH I'm not gonna feel better blaming someone, especially not you... I appreciate what you do for the board...It takes alot of time and work to be a mod... I'm just curious if it was a f-up by the interim or new admin(s)...

Jrocket
05-08-2005, 04:36 PM
JR the people they are referring to is probably the same peeps you wouldn't want over there either! The Drama attention whores etc.
I hear ya and also agree on this with you.
Now about Charley and I having are own section.....Dont forget Im way taller than he is!Much better looking too. :D

Havasu Hangin'
05-08-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm just curious if it was a f-up by the interim or new admin(s)...
No...I don't think so. In the past, when the site when down (and the server had to be re-booted), Craig was all over it. Right now, there is no one.
It may have been the hosting company that brought it back up? The data could still be there, but the address is not pointing it in the right direction. Either way, data loss is not good.
There were plans to re-do the site, including integrating all the content (like OSO). I saw an early version, and it looked really cool. However, when Craig left, so did all his work to get it implemented.

Jrocket
05-08-2005, 04:41 PM
HDD,
I was just over at RRL and I think the site is way better than before.The hover over a topic to see whats up thing is by far better then before.Thats an option thats great to have,also the larger pic files are cool as well.dont take what I have said in my earlier posts as a negative thing,that wasnt my intention,more of a different view to your post is all.No harm meant to be done,keep up the good work...Now go hide behind a trash can and get some girlie pics. :D

Jrocket
05-08-2005, 04:42 PM
So can one take on this new job of admin from his home computer or what?

Charley
05-09-2005, 06:49 AM
HDD, empty yer box!

hot_diggity_dog
05-10-2005, 03:27 PM
HDD, empty yer box!
Done dealio :wink: