PDA

View Full Version : Park Moabi launch.....

bunny 166
05-08-2005, 10:07 AM
Anyone know if it's open yet? Are those damn curbs gone? :p

racecar.hotshoe
05-08-2005, 10:09 AM
Anyone know if it's open yet? Are those damn curbs gone? :p
Happy Mothers Day Cindy...............Didnt mean to Highjack the thread. :D

Scream
05-08-2005, 10:50 AM
What's wrong with the curbs...I like em. Actually they can be a pain in the ass IMO, but they do thier job in keeping others out of your lane.

bunny 166
05-08-2005, 10:56 AM
What's wrong with the curbs...I like em. Actually they can be a pain in the ass IMO, but they do thier job in keeping others out of your lane.
I want those suckers gone!.....obviously you have not done a rail grind with everyone on their golf carts laughing their asses off at you..... :p :p
How are you doing Matt? So sorry for your loss.....hope you're OK--thinking of you today. ;)

Scream
05-08-2005, 11:02 AM
Well I usually get it throught the asphault gauntlet unscathed...
I'm fine. We as a family are still getting together today. Almost 40 of us now and we have plenty of Mothers to love and hug, so all's not lost. I'm not as sad as I think I should be. My mom was a really incredible woman. Just the story of her life is enough to make some wonder if she was some sort of pioneer. I think the reason I'm doing so well is that I was with her when she passed, we all were. As experiences go, I don't wish having to whitness you mother passing on anyone, but it's really been a help for me to get on with life. It may hit me later, but for now I'm glad I got to say "I love you Mom" and have her say she loved me just before she died.
Thanks for your thoughts, I do appreciate it.

bunny 166
05-08-2005, 11:05 AM
You sound like you're doing well. She must have been a wonderful lady! ;) Tell Deb Happy Mother's Day and I hope you all have a great party--sounds fun with so many people there to talk with and laugh with. :p Take care, hun ;) Cindy
P.S.--do you know if Moabi is open?? :D

Coach
05-08-2005, 11:07 AM
They should be done by now. They said they were looking at the 7th as the completion date. Give them a call (760) 326-3831. We have just launched from site 1 the last few times it is very hard packed there now with everyone launching, but I the biggest boat we have launched is a 23 Jet with a lifted F-250.
I actually love the curbs so we can use all of the lanes. Plus it make for great afternoon entertainment. I love watching all of the dumb fights between couples over putting a boat in the water. :D

bunny 166
05-08-2005, 11:11 AM
They should be done by now. They said they were looking at the 7th as the completion date. Give them a call (760) 326-3831. We have just launched from site 1 the last few times it is very hard packed there now with everyone launching, but I the biggest boat we have launched is a 23 Jet with a lifted F-250.
I actually love the curbs so we can use all of the lanes. Plus it make for great afternoon entertainment. I love watching all of the dumb fights between couples over putting a boat in the water. :D
:p Thanks for the phone # Coach--I'll give them a call. Not sure if site 1 will work for us....where is that exactly? As far as afternoon entertainment, we have been the main attraction once, hopefully never again... :( It's frickin' funny now, but when it's in the moment, you are not laughing :boxingguy
Fight ON!!!

TheLurker
05-08-2005, 11:20 AM
Not sure if site 1 will work for us....where is that exactly?
That would be peninsula site #1. You see it on the left just before you leave the no wake zone to the river. It is not paved.
I liked the curbs. :D

bunny 166
05-08-2005, 11:26 AM
That would be peninsula site #1. You see it on the left just before you leave the no wake zone to the river. It is not paved.
I liked the curbs. :D
:cool: Gotcha--I know where that is now....and those curbs are evil :skull: I think we are too big to launch at site 1, so we'll wait for the ramp I guess. I'll call tomorrow to see if it's done :smile: We can also go to Needles Marina, or if the water is high enough, at our place....thanks Lurker :p :p

TheLurker
05-08-2005, 11:50 AM
Needles Marina Park will be plenty deep enough. That’s where I launch. It may be deep enough up by you but I get nervous going up river as I pass Rainbow Resort and never go past the house with all of those palm trees on the Cali side with that big reef in the water out front of them.

parker1356
05-08-2005, 11:58 AM
Just called Park Moabi, they will open the launch ramp Memorial Weekend. They said to call ahead to make sure.

Coach
05-08-2005, 11:59 AM
You can launch at Topac as well. The ramp is steep and you can't see the boat for part of the launch, but is is closer than Needles. BTW Topac is much better than before with the new owners. The service was actually good and so was the food. Gas prices not so good $3.75 2 weeks ago.

tmatson
05-08-2005, 12:23 PM
I'd vote to get rid of the curbs. Slows down the folks not use to them and as often as not they result in the people being so out of alignment that they block the adjacent lane once they get out from between the curbs on the water side. After all it is all about getting on and off the ramp quickly.

TheLurker
05-08-2005, 12:38 PM
You can launch at Topac as well. The ramp is steep and you can't see the boat for part of the launch, but is is closer than Needles.
Now that depends on which direction you are comming from.
BTW Topac is much better than before with the new owners. The service was actually good and so was the food.
My experience was the opposite. We ordered from the breakfast menu because the owner said they were not serving lunch yet. It took so long to get the order that we could have ordered lunch. It was a verry verry long wate. So long that I started thinking the cook did not show up on time. The owner knew it we were talking to him the whole time. Then 1 of the 7 meals that was ordered they forgot to make ooops. The wife says since they have not made it yet change it to a burger. The girl says OK then comes back and says they just started the other order.
I dont expect much in the way of food or service from there.
After all it is just a place on the river but it was a bad experience none the less. At this point it will still take a few more of those before I stop going in.