PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Chicago??

jdogginla
05-08-2005, 10:49 AM
Alrighty.......heading to Chi town for the week. Places to hit, other than Lou Malnatti's?

racecar.hotshoe
05-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Alrighty.......heading to Chi town for the week. Places to hit, other than Lou Malnatti's?
Dont go.................. :coffeycup :D

mickeyfinn
05-08-2005, 11:22 AM
Make sure you hit buddy guys place. Ask any cabby they can get you there. It is a dive but some of the best blues you will find. A lot of local pickup bands will play there.
If you like sea food the best place I have found is Shaw's Crab house. Very good dungeoness
If you like ribs there are places all over that have great ribs. Look in the more urban areas where you find the row houses. You will find hole in the wall places that serve the best ribs in town.

Lake Ape
05-08-2005, 11:31 AM
Places to Go:
Wrigley Field Bleachers
Places not to Go:
Cabrini-Green Homes on North/Clybourn
Robert Taylor Homes off the Dan Ryan Expressway
Just stay away from anything that has Homes in the title...

jdogginla
05-08-2005, 11:46 AM
I've got nothing to do on Monday.........I might go see the cubs/mets. Wrigly is one of the few stadiums that I want to see a ball game at that I have yet to visit.

VelocityDriver
05-08-2005, 05:02 PM
Hit the bars in Licoln Park, Buckstown, Old Town, New Town, Rush Street. Cubby Bear Inn right across from Wrigley after/before the game.

Kilrtoy
05-08-2005, 05:03 PM
If you dont see MRS. KPHAYES.......
You havent seen all of chicago

dicudmore
05-08-2005, 05:45 PM
If you dont see MRS. KPHAYES.......
You havent seen all of chicago
that's for damn sure :D :D

Woodster
05-08-2005, 05:49 PM
Hit the Weber grill for dinner..That place is really really good.I cant remember what street but im sure somebody on here knows :D

racecar.hotshoe
05-08-2005, 07:14 PM
that's for damn sure :D :D
I third that........................ :coffeycup :D

jdogginla
05-08-2005, 08:05 PM
Isn't KP Hayes the guy that set up the fund for the guy who lost his leg?

bear down
05-08-2005, 08:18 PM
Go to Chicago twice a year...Here are my favorites:
Gino's East- The original on Rush. Best pizza in town...hands down!
Go to ESPN zone..Pretty cool spot to check out
Wrigley field is the bomb..but if you can't make the game go to the Cubby Bear...Good times there
Ron of Japan is a great restaurant (Teppan Grill) right of Magnificent Mile (michigan Ave)
Lincoln Park area (college town) lots of bars and drinks....
If you are into Clubbing go to Crobar. They also have a club in South Beach and in New York! All the clubs are great...Really like the one in South Beach!
Red Head Piano Bar is really cool for drinks and a piano bar atmosphere so is Howl on the moon.
Rush and Division is a tourist trap..but they have super good food and beer and music. Any other ???'s just PM.!

Phat Matt
05-08-2005, 08:35 PM
After you are done hitting the bars you have to stop by the Weiner's Circle (http://chicago.citysearch.com/review/3677757?order_by=positive&ulink=profile_2_memberreviewheader_510___review__1 ) and tell the fat bitch behind the counter you want a phucking hotdog. If you don't say it like that they won't take your order. Oh, and they will cuss right back at you...probably before you. Greasy food and insults. Gotta love it. :D

Kilrtoy
05-08-2005, 08:38 PM
The ever hot MRS KPHAYES and she likes WACKERS
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/225pasties.jpg

Jordy
05-08-2005, 08:39 PM
Gino's East- The original on Rush. Best pizza in town...hands down!
I haven't been in years but that is my suggestion. Unbelievably good pizza. :D

jdogginla
05-08-2005, 08:52 PM
Thanks for the suggestions.............Phatt Matt, I'm def going to hit up the Weiner Circle.
Now....I am off to play with chocolate for a week!@$#% Woo hoo

KACHINA KEN
05-08-2005, 09:46 PM
Crobar. They also have a club in South Beach and in New York!
Crobar is dope, we did a show there when I was with BT and we destroyed the place, Metro is cool also with Smart bar in the basement.

schmaubba
05-08-2005, 09:47 PM
if ya go to da ball game..go to the wild hair also...right down da street frum cubby bearzzz....

carbonmarine
05-09-2005, 05:48 AM
FOOD:
Malnatti's
Mi Pi
Gibson's
Charley Trotters
Super Dog
:cool:

Ion
05-09-2005, 06:51 AM
For pure memorable sights, try to take a walk along the lakeshore, from about Oak Street up to North Ave. The view out to the lake looks like you're looking out into the ocean, while the view back to the skyscraper-lined skyline is monumental. There are a few piers that jut out into the lake, giving you a better view of the skyline, which at night is a sight to behold. A bit further south from Oak Street (Congress St.) is the world-famous Buckingham Fountain, which is very cool during the day, but illuminated with changing colors at night. If the weather is warm, there will be tons 'o bikini babes sunning themselvels along the route I mentioned earlier, ending up at North Ave. Beach, where you're likely to see rows upon rows of beach volleyball nets. Many of the good eateries have already been mentioned, but none have touched on the yummy Tapas Bars (Spanish, NOT Mexican) in town. Cafe Iberico on La Salle, or Emilio's on Fullerton, as well as the ever-popular Cafe Ba-Ba-Reeba on Halsted. Either way, you'll have a memorable dining experience. Oh...if you're going to be on Fullerton, you should walk down & check the butt-load of bars on the strip on Halsted Street. It's where most of the DePaul students (as well as other college-aged kids) hang out.

schmaubba
05-09-2005, 07:46 AM
holy sheet...i forgot about chinns crab house!!!

CARLSON-JET
05-09-2005, 09:03 AM
If you like a good view from 100 stories up try the observation deck at the hancock building. The museum of science and industry has alot to see. Check whats at the house of blues. A cruze on the river or the lake is always cool as you get to see chicago from a different perspective. there is more to chicago then getting loaded and fat, but the locals here are unaware of it.. :D R.B.

bear down
05-09-2005, 03:56 PM
Crobar is dope, we did a show there when I was with BT and we destroyed the place, Metro is cool also with Smart bar in the basement.
Pluse there is a strip bar right next door!!! :idea:

kphayes
05-10-2005, 09:50 AM
Sorry for chimming a little late. You are coming out here about 3 weeks to early. We could have taken you out on our Chain-O-Lakes where every Thursday night thay have boat drags on one of the lakes. They run from Memorial Day to Labor Day. It's at a bar in the middle of a lake called Blarney Island. It goes off. We boat Thursday night thru Sunday night all summer long. Ramp is about 25 mins. from house.
The mrs has infiltrated out here(from the west coast) and brought the thongs and pasties to the ladies. Needless to say she has brought it up a notch around here. Now it's thongs and pasties on alot of the girls where it used to only be a few.