PDA

View Full Version : Help needed for hauling a Northwest boat South.

CircleJerk
05-08-2005, 03:53 PM
Would anyone know of someone capable of hauling a circle boat and trailer from Washington to Houston Texas? I havent computed the miles but so far the shipping charge is $2000. I'm not sure of its exact weight but is there someone out there that can beat this fee? I would sure appreciate any help, since the sale of my boat depends on it. It needs to be in Texas by May25.

BILLY.B
05-08-2005, 05:23 PM
Would anyone know of someone capable of hauling a circle boat and trailer from Washington to Houston Texas? I havent computed the miles but so far the shipping charge is $2000. I'm not sure of its exact weight but is there someone out there that can beat this fee? I would sure appreciate any help, since the sale of my boat depends on it. It needs to be in Texas by May25.Better compute the mileage via Idaho / Utah / Nevada / Arizona, to Texas. Lavey's aren't allowed to cross the California border :jawdrop: according to the latest "WASTE MANAGMENT" code book :D :D :D

olbiezer
05-08-2005, 06:25 PM
Lmao!

GofastRacer
05-08-2005, 06:43 PM
Better compute the mileage via Idaho / Utah / Nevada / Arizona, to Texas. Lavey's aren't allowed to cross the California border :jawdrop: according to the latest "WASTE MANAGMENT" code book :D :D :D
C'mon Billy ease off a bit there, after all that is my old boat and it was one of the better ones!, LMAO!.. :D :D :D

Hud
05-10-2005, 10:20 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119DSC00153.JPG For Sale

Hud
05-10-2005, 10:21 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119DSC00155.JPG

vdriver4ever
05-11-2005, 06:01 AM
Sir jerkus....
We will let you have safe passage through Idaho.... hehe

CircleJerk
05-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Gee thanks guys,,,,what are friends for? I knew I could count on at least Hud and Art! Mr. b-blingie is SOOOOOO funny at times I could almost laugh! Thanks for posting, I still dont have a deposit nor passage :D so its anyones for $4 less engine. Plus a chrome fendered, tandem, removable tongue trailer built by Rich Hallet himself, formerly under E-tickets Barron 'Warlock'.
1974 L-boat formerly Glen Stones, 'Coming Thru' super stock, driven on occasion by Paul Grichar. Still has dash plaques where last raced and all its original hardware: 10 degree with whirlaway and lightened 12s, D&J prop, new cav hardware, upolstery, gauges, with original style Moon stringer tank in the trunk, trunk lid is cherry with aircraft latches, original gel coat, and most important: NO chine repair or hull damage! (except the tiney chip I installed) Monkey bar down pedal and Finishline lockout handle, manual tach (broken). This boat qualified in the fast 6 at every race I entered with a mild 9 to 1 bbc396 so I know it has a fast bottom and may be one of the lightest L boats left around. Jerkisoid :p

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-11-2005, 08:25 AM
Gee thanks guys,,,,what are friends for? I knew I could count on at least Hud and Art! Mr. b-blingie is SOOOOOO funny at times I could almost laugh! Thanks for posting, I still dont have a deposit nor passage :D so its anyones for $4 less engine. Plus a chrome fendered, tandem, removable tongue trailer built by Rich Hallet himself, formerly under E-tickets Barron 'Warlock'.
1974 L-boat formerly Glen Stones, 'Coming Thru' super stock, driven on occasion by Paul Grichar. Still has dash plaques where last raced and all its original hardware: 10 degree with whirlaway and lightened 12s, D&J prop, new cav hardware, upolstery, gauges, with original style Moon stringer tank in the trunk, trunk lid is cherry with aircraft latches, original gel coat, and most important: NO chine repair or hull damage! (except the tiney chip I installed) Monkey bar down pedal and Finishline lockout handle, manual tach (broken). This boat qualified in the fast 6 at every race I entered with a mild 9 to 1 bbc396 so I know it has a fast bottom and may be one of the lightest L boats left around. Jerkisoid :p
Why do you want to ship it to Houston? Maybe you should sell it first and leave it to the buyer pick it up. :notam: BTW, If it was a B boat it would have allready sold :D

Hud
05-11-2005, 08:36 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119DSC00163.JPG

dmontzsta
05-11-2005, 09:09 AM
If I only had the space to park it. :)

vdrivenman
05-11-2005, 02:55 PM
a word to say that i am in the INFANT stages of trying to purchase a boat from up in washington. so if anyone is intersted in CJ's ride maybe we can do a double half way something or another.
or maybe get a little better rate on 2 instead of one.
food for thought !
and HUD U R DA MAN thanks!

GofastRacer
05-11-2005, 06:28 PM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119DSC00153.JPG For Sale
I see someone repainted the numbers on the side!.. :frown:

SK48
05-11-2005, 07:04 PM
Circle Jerk, a week ago Sunday I was leaving Burley and driving to
Salt Lake and passed a yellow Lavey without a motor going north.
Was that you? it was behind a white Ford crew cab.

CircleJerk
05-11-2005, 09:47 PM
SK48, No, not me. The boat you passed might have been the 'Hotter Canary' of the Faulkner family. Possibly, it still had the SS70 on its side? I heard a rumor it was heading North from Utah. Cant say anymore.....Shhh

CircleJerk
05-11-2005, 09:52 PM
Art, yes Mr Davis put new #s and name vinyl on then I polished the poop out of it! It would be under the cover but the 65 Riviera had to move from the patio! Bosses orders so the L sits with its own waterproof one. You are observiant!

CircleJerk
05-11-2005, 10:33 PM
:notam: BTW, If it was a B boat it would have allready sold :D
QUOTE Gordon Jennings: "The Lavey was probably the fastest hull out of the mold and if someone would put todays technology into it like we are on the current Super Stocks it would be even better."
QUOTE George Nordling: "I forgot just how hard it was to drive one of those compared to the Bezer. A 'B boat' can make the poor driver look average or even good. I just wanted the challenge of getting into one again. They were real good to me for a long time!" examples: SS225 'Your Taxes Too' PC671 'Sweet Caroline'
Quote Mike Conti: (Yankee Steeler fame) "I wish I could find mine again, I once saw it at the local boat ramp and ran to catch the guy before he drove out. Friends thought I was crazy. I'll keep looking." I've raced b-boats also with success but want the L back!
Quote Boyd Schnell: "If it werent for the good looks of our Lavey SK87 at the Seattle Swap Meet we never would have bought our first v-drive boat period! Blondie said she especially liked the trunk lid that would keep other boats wakes from swamping us! She's right! Hurrah for good looks and it turns on a dime!
QUOTE Paul Grichar: "When we took SS26 Gone Broke down South we were told by the inspector that nothing could run that fast and must be illegal. We had about 10 mph on the field and after the teardown, nothing was found to be illegal! It was just that fast!"
Quote Robin Schnell: "I'm proud to be a Lavey owner and will never sell mine! Jerk has too many boats and that one hurt him so its like a lovers spat! I told him to get the AquaCraft done or else, so I guess he is parting with the fastest one." Laveys still win a lot of races up here Jerr so pipe down! :D Someones getting a great buy.

GofastRacer
05-12-2005, 05:20 AM
But it's still a fact thai if it was a "B" boat it would have sold "quick"!.. :D :D

CircleJerk
05-13-2005, 07:55 AM
But Art, you and jerr are sooo right and its great to see such interest in CBs but,,,,,,its so much fun to slam the ugly (in my opinion) little carbon copies calling them (b-boats and the name has stuck!) and get the pack all riled up!! Notice how Jerry wouldnt or couldnt come back! And Billies off in Bling-bling land, probably trying to make a living :cool:
I would just possibly have to surrender my name if I didnt slam something! I know better than to slam a drag boat :rollside: Besides, if L-boats (cant use the l or folks would think I called it #l) were more popular, and bring higher resale prices, we wouldnt have two at very reasonable prices,,,,,comprende :rollside: Have a good one and might see you at Burley??

Tahiti350
05-14-2005, 10:57 AM
[QUOTE=CircleJerk]Gee thanks guys,,,,what are friends for? I knew I could count on at least Hud and Art! Mr. b-blingie is SOOOOOO funny at times I could almost laugh! Thanks for posting, I still dont have a deposit nor passage :D so its anyones for $4 less engine. Plus a chrome fendered, tandem, removable tongue trailer built by Rich Hallet himself, formerly under E-tickets Barron 'Warlock'.
I'll give you the $4 for it!! :D And no, I didn't chop your post, that's what you said, so where do I pick it up :idea: . I'm in Tacoma. :hammer2:

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-14-2005, 04:33 PM
QUOTE Gordon Jennings: "The Lavey was probably the fastest hull out of the mold and if someone would put todays technology into it like we are on the current Super Stocks it would be even better."
QUOTE George Nordling: "I forgot just how hard it was to drive one of those compared to the Bezer. A 'B boat' can make the poor driver look average or even good. I just wanted the challenge of getting into one again. They were real good to me for a long time!" examples: SS225 'Your Taxes Too' PC671 'Sweet Caroline'
Quote Mike Conti: (Yankee Steeler fame) "I wish I could find mine again, I once saw it at the local boat ramp and ran to catch the guy before he drove out. Friends thought I was crazy. I'll keep looking." I've raced b-boats also with success but want the L back!
Quote Boyd Schnell: "If it werent for the good looks of our Lavey SK87 at the Seattle Swap Meet we never would have bought our first v-drive boat period! Blondie said she especially liked the trunk lid that would keep other boats wakes from swamping us! She's right! Hurrah for good looks and it turns on a dime!
QUOTE Paul Grichar: "When we took SS26 Gone Broke down South we were told by the inspector that nothing could run that fast and must be illegal. We had about 10 mph on the field and after the teardown, nothing was found to be illegal! It was just that fast!"
Quote Robin Schnell: "I'm proud to be a Lavey owner and will never sell mine! Jerk has too many boats and that one hurt him so its like a lovers spat! I told him to get the AquaCraft done or else, so I guess he is parting with the fastest one." Laveys still win a lot of races up here Jerr so pipe down! :D Someones getting a great buy.
My come back is...I don't disagree with any of this but B boats are still better. :boxed:

olbiezer
05-14-2005, 07:07 PM
B-Boats.......hmmmmmmmmm that stands for barron's right? LMAO

CircleJerk
05-15-2005, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE=CircleJerk]Gee thanks guys,,,,what are friends for? I knew I could count on at least Hud and Art! Mr. b-blingie is SOOOOOO funny at times I could almost laugh! Thanks for posting, I still dont have a deposit nor passage :D so its anyones for $4 less engine. Plus a chrome fendered, tandem, removable tongue trailer built by Rich Hallet himself, formerly under E-tickets Barron 'Warlock'.
I'll give you the $4 for it!! :D And no, I didn't chop your post, that's what you said, so where do I pick it up :idea: . I'm in Tacoma. :hammer2:
Whoops, left out a K..teehee....Boat is sold for $4.85....sorry, the wife bought it! Dumb blonde!!!

CircleJerk
05-15-2005, 05:05 PM
My come back is...I don't disagree with any of this but B boats are still better. :boxed:
Ya and better resale for sure!!! where am I going to spend all my $4.85? Burger King! :D

dmontzsta
05-15-2005, 07:59 PM
Whoops, left out a K..teehee....Boat is sold for $4.85....sorry, the wife bought it! Dumb blonde!!!
So you are keeping it?

BILLY.B
05-16-2005, 05:55 AM
Ya and better resale for sure!!! where am I going to spend all my $4.85? Burger King! :DDriving an "L" boat and having only gotten $4.85 for it I think you'd be better off going to McDonalds and getting a KIDS MEAL :D :D :D . Sorry JeRkStEr I could'nt resist. :) :)