PDA

View Full Version : Slow rollers + common courtesy

Not So Fast
05-08-2005, 06:36 PM
Does it piss off any of you guys (or gals) off when you are sitting out side of the bouy line waiting to be picked up ( and that IS WHERE you should wait, not right in front of the ramp) and the infamous 24' Chapperal or Crownline deep "V" comes cruizin in about 15 mph putting out some humongus rollers and it almost turns you over. then they look at you like "Whats the matter dude" Hate to profile but that type of boat is the usual offender. Just wondering if it was just me because I hate the damn things. :cry: NSF

LUVNLIFE
05-08-2005, 06:39 PM
Hey Bob I was the reciepient of some of those rollers one time. Too bad I was in the 19' Daytona :frown: BLUBBLUB, sunk :burningm:

Mrs Luvnlife
05-08-2005, 06:58 PM
I just hate the people that lurk in front of the ramp period!!! :mad: Move on out!! :hammer2:

Kilrtoy
05-08-2005, 07:09 PM
Come on NO-ONE would ever block the ramp........
i wish i could swim under their damn boats and pull there plug....

JetBoatRich
05-08-2005, 07:15 PM
No respect :devil: towing situation and they come right next to both boats :devil:

Mrs.Racer277
05-08-2005, 07:17 PM
I just hate the people that lurk in front of the ramp period!!! :mad: Move on out!! :hammer2:
No Shiat! Do they think the trailer will get there faster blocking other peoples way. :mad:

Kilrtoy
05-08-2005, 07:55 PM
No Shiat! Do they think the trailer will get there faster blocking other peoples way. :mad:
Actually alot of AZZHOLE think this will help....
The other day at windsor, there were some many AZZHOLES blocking the ramp... My trailer was in the water and i could not even get to it because they were all blocking the ramp.......

Kachina26
05-08-2005, 08:00 PM
Actually alot of AZZHOLE think this will help....
The other day at windsor, there were some many AZZHOLES blocking the ramp... My trailer was in the water and i could not even get to it because they were all blocking the ramp.......
Is that why you drove through the rocks?

JetBoatRich
05-08-2005, 08:03 PM
That Hurt :rolleyes:

WetWillie
05-08-2005, 08:06 PM
Then just tie up and sit there?? Then the driver runs up and gets his truck.. No one can move the boat and basically shuts the damn sit down!!
My oppinion is the offenders are not hot boaters.. bayliners chaperells and fishing boats.. Damn them. :burningm:

Kachina26
05-08-2005, 08:07 PM
Then just tie up and sit there?? Then the driver runs up and gets his truck.. No one can move the boat and basically shuts the damn sit down!!
My oppinion is the offenders are not hot boaters.. bayliners chaperells and fishing boats.. Damn them. :burningm:
Actually, I saw some jackball in a new DCB last year blocking ALL of the docks and the left 3 lanes. :mad:

Kilrtoy
05-08-2005, 08:10 PM
Actually, I saw some jackball in a new DCB last year blocking ALL of the docks and the left 3 lanes. :mad:
I got mine this year.......

Kachina26
05-08-2005, 08:10 PM
I got mine this year.......
:D

Krazy K
05-08-2005, 08:39 PM
That's exactly what I thought when the big boats (21' and up) started taking over the river and washing out our shoreline...

Dusty Times
05-08-2005, 08:45 PM
The wind driven waves here washes out our shorelines even if there isn't a boat on the water.
That's not controllable.
The guys that have no idea what a No Wake is.
That's controllable.

Squirtin Thunder
05-08-2005, 09:16 PM
Alot of the Bigger boat people seem to have way too much on there minds to give a shit about of low freeboard boaters. I know that they are so morgaged to the hilt that they are trying to figure new stock options while boating, and don't seem to notice the little guys unless we have half naked woman on board. Or they give you thumbs up as they are sinking you !!! It sucks to be the small fish in the pond sometimes !!!

Dusty Times
05-08-2005, 09:19 PM
Courtesy and stupidity come in all sizes. I try not to let the latter come from me if I'm in an innertube or a cruise ship. Just respect.

Havasu Hangin'
05-08-2005, 09:30 PM
Alot of the Bigger boat people seem to have way too much on there minds to give a shit about of low freeboard boaters. I know that they are so morgaged to the hilt that they are trying to figure new stock options while boating, and don't seem to notice the little guys unless we have half naked woman on board. Or they give you thumbs up as they are sinking you !!! It sucks to be the small fish in the pond sometimes !!!
That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard.
I've owned small and big boats...it depends on the idiot behind the wheel. The reason you low freeboard boats don't get as much grief is because since your boat is the same size as a PWC, it doesn't make much of a wake to begin with.
The (20') wakeboard boats, cruising with full bladders make more of a wake than my boat...

Tom Brown
05-08-2005, 09:33 PM
I know. I hate that. Those big boat guys seem to think they own the lake. :mad:
Nobody gives a shit about the little guy anymore. :(

Squirtin Thunder
05-08-2005, 10:31 PM
That's the biggest crock of shit I've ever heard.
I've owned small and big boats...it depends on the idiot behind the wheel. The reason you low freeboard boats don't get as much grief is because since your boat is the same size as a PWC, it doesn't make much of a wake to begin with....
The (20') wakeboard boats, cruising with full bladders make more of a wake than my boat
Dammmmm your right !!! Now those guy could really give a shit !!!
Stereo basting beverage flowing and the fat sack full running 15mph !!!

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 07:13 AM
Or what about when you're sitting tied up to a few other boats and about 5 boats come by and do the same thing? :mad:

Not So Fast
05-09-2005, 07:14 AM
And I'll bet there was a Ranger parked right there and didn't say s--t. I have gone to the trouble of E-mailing (my thing now that I'm retired) the State Parks and even going down to talk to the head Ranger (Brian Pendley -email bpendley@pr.state.az.us) about the ridiculous layout of the courtesy docks on the north ramp and why on a busy weekend they do not have a couple of Rangers stationed there to make things go smoother, I mean it is a real cluster f--k and although I don't want more regulations it is badly needed especially at Windsor. From Idiots who either dont give a crap or those God Damn rental outfits who think they own the ramp. Anyway the answer was the same, NO BUDGET. Hard to believe with what they charge isn't it. We live here and believe me I shudder when I think of having to launch on any Saturday becuase it is flat out DANGEROUS. and if the wind comes up :boxed: LOOK OUT, WOW. The other email is - rknotts@pr.state.az.us- Regional Manager in case you too think the situation sucks at Windsor. NSF

RiverOtter
05-09-2005, 07:19 AM
Does it piss off any of you guys (or gals) off when you are sitting out side of the bouy line waiting to be picked up ( and that IS WHERE you should wait, not right in front of the ramp) and the infamous 24' Chapperal or Crownline deep "V" comes cruizin in about 15 mph putting out some humongus rollers and it almost turns you over. then they look at you like "Whats the matter dude" Hate to profile but that type of boat is the usual offender. Just wondering if it was just me because I hate the damn things. :cry: NSF
I own a 23' Chap and never do or would do that. Just because I don't own a $100,000 + boat without a windshield doesn't mean I don't know how to drive or exercise common courtesy. :rolleyes: If you had blamed it on a Bayliner I would have to agree :D

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 07:22 AM
I own a 23' Chap and never do or would do that. Just because I don't own a $100,000 + boat without a windshield doesn't mean I don't know how to drive or exercise common courtesy. :rolleyes: If you had blamed it on a Bayliner I would have to agree :D
YOU RANG...............

Not So Fast
05-09-2005, 07:24 AM
Sorry Otter but that just happened to be the brand of boat that almost capsized me yesterday at Winsdor while I WAITED OUTSIDE THE BOUY LINES for my trailer. I'm sure you are a great driver ;) NSF

RiverOtter
05-09-2005, 07:29 AM
Sorry Otter but that just happened to be the brand of boat that almost capsized me yesterday at Winsdor while I WAITED OUTSIDE THE BOUY LINES for my trailer. I'm sure you are a great driver ;) NSF
Just curious, how did a 24' Chap almost sink a 28' Magic Deck (assuming that is the kind of boat you own)? Is the freeboard that shallow? I am asking because I am fantacising about buying one. :idea: Gotta be able to keep up with my buddy NashvilleBIGMONEYbound. :D

NashvilleBound
05-09-2005, 07:34 AM
Just curious, how did a 24' Chap almost sink a 28' Magic Deck (assuming that is the kind of boat you own)? Is the freeboard that shallow? I am asking because I am fantacising about buying one. :idea: Gotta be able to keep up with my buddy NashvilleBIGMONEYbound. :D
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :notam: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

RiverOtter
05-09-2005, 07:36 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :notam: <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
LOL! Gotchya! :D

NashvilleBound
05-09-2005, 07:46 AM
LOL! Gotchya! :D
lol..pretty much. But you know how those guys that drive Chaps are.

RiverOtter
05-09-2005, 07:48 AM
lol..pretty much. But you know how those guys that drive Chaps are.
Yes, we approach all launch ramps 1/2 on plain and tie up to other boats with no fenders. Unfortunatly there are those out there. :hammerhea

Sane Asylum
05-09-2005, 07:56 AM
That's wrong...........Very funny, but wrong....Those whacka props are exxxxxxpensive..........But Overton's does have a sale on the plastic one's occasionally.....

Sweet Addiction
05-09-2005, 08:02 AM
I was getting ready to get furious about the whole Chaparral thing, but I understand there are aholes out there. I own a Chaparral, and even though its old and did not cost me much I treat it likes its worth 100k and I sure as hell try to be polite at the dock and when waiting, wait out in the channel away from the launch area. Only thing I am guilty of is tying to the dock and have to get the truck when I take the girlfriend out, but thats only because she can't drive the truck. :D just my 02.

Tom Brown
05-09-2005, 08:04 AM
I own a Chaparral...
Ban him. :mad:

Sweet Addiction
05-09-2005, 08:12 AM
Ban him. :mad:
:eek:

bigkatboat
05-09-2005, 08:13 AM
The same problems can be said for the channel. Some people 'get it, some don't. The dock areas and no wake zones have had such loose self interpretation of "NO WAKE" that people seem to go as fast as they please. This entire topic goes back (IMHO) to the loss of respect over the years. Back in the 60's and 70's, boaters (HOT and NOT) respected themselves and the others around them. Often the boat owner was also the mechanic, caterer, and detail guy. I too have had small (low) and large (high) freeboard boats. I too have yelled at people who abuse the water around their boat, "the vessel owner is responcable for his wake", THAT IS THE LAW! Also the boat operator is responcable for his own boat, passengers, and behavior, so please try to think about others, when boating near others. I feel that the channel is like a show, or a 'cruising spot', it's so busy that speeding and wakes are just stupid. As for the ramp areas, they are 'safety zones', if there were a REAL EMERGENCY, could all of the boats get out of the way? Keep the ramps/ docks clear as quickly as you can, (go in, drop people, get out) and observe what other boats are doing around you. Weekends are 'pontoon only' for us, because of the abundance of 'selfish boaters', and the lack of respect.

Tom Brown
05-09-2005, 08:23 AM
:eek:
Perhaps I over reacted a little. :D

Sweet Addiction
05-09-2005, 08:26 AM
Perhaps I over reacted a little. :D
No offense taken. ;)

Tom Brown
05-09-2005, 08:38 AM
No offense taken. ;)
:)
I own a Chaparral, and even though its old and did not cost me much...
I hope it doesn't come down to wealth discrimination. My boat is extremely modest. It's approaching 30 years old and is only 16 feet long.
I'd like to think that most boaters would be just as courteous to the guy putting the 12' aluminum boat on the top of his car as the arrogant Dennis Rodman impersonator power winching his 40' Cigarette onto his triaxial trailer.
I hate to be on topic but I will mention that my engine will not idle down very well and stay running with a huge chopper prop. The boat is small and light so my slowest speed is 8~9 km/h.
Our no wake zones are marked as 7 km/h and I've never been cited. I'm hoping that the small size and light weight of my boat will allow me to exceed the limit a wee bit because I don't push much of a wake at idle. If I am forced to obey the 7 km/h thing, I will be reduced to paddles so it'll take two people about an hour to get out of the 7 km/h zone after launch at the Grand Hotel in Kelowna.
It's not something I feel good about but I try to be extra courteous and make sure I'm well clear of the bouys before making a wake so that I don't draw attention to myself.

mbrown2
05-09-2005, 08:48 AM
Sounds like a lot of bitter boating up in Havasu....

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 08:49 AM
I hate to be on topic but I will mention that my engine will not idle down very well and stay running with a huge chopper prop. The boat is small and light so my slowest speed is 8~9 km/h.
I think most peole are ok with and understand that some boats imply will go a little faster than otehrs at idle. It's the idiot cruising in at obviously above idle speed that people are talking about.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 08:51 AM
Sounds like a lot of bitter boating up in Havasu....
I don't know if it's bitterness. But I certainly feel people on here that frequemnt Havasu are getting tired of the problems and attitudes.

Havasu Hangin'
05-09-2005, 08:53 AM
I'd like to think that most boaters would be just as courteous to the guy putting the 12' aluminum boat on the top of his car as the arrogant Dennis Rodman impersonator power winching his 40' Cigarette onto his triaxial trailer.
That would never happen...
...Cigarette does not make a 40' boat.
:hammerhea

mbrown2
05-09-2005, 08:57 AM
I don't know if it's bitterness. But I certainly feel people on here that frequemnt Havasu are getting tired of the problems and attitudes.
That is exactly what I mean...seems like every weekend folks are bitching about this, that or the other...(with good reason most times)...I try to stay south or north of the city while I am on the lake....

Havasu Hangin'
05-09-2005, 08:58 AM
That is exactly what I mean...seems like every weekend folks are bitching about this, that or the other...(with good reason most times)...I try to stay south or north of the city while I am on the lake....
Yeah...nobody ever has problems at Parker... :sleeping:

jackpunx
05-09-2005, 08:59 AM
I think that some People just don’t have any clue what they are doing and how it affects other boaters.. And I think that when you get the opportunity inform them .. we should do this in a friendly way.. but there are people out there that you cant tell anything too..
Those are the ones that get my prop wash :crossx:

Havasu Hangin'
05-09-2005, 09:02 AM
Those are the ones that get my prop wash :crossx:
You make people wash your prop? :confused:

jackpunx
05-09-2005, 09:16 AM
You make people wash your prop? :confused:
you dont have people to wash your prop?..

Tom Brown
05-09-2005, 09:19 AM
..Cigarette does not make a 40' boat.
Don't forget about the 5' ego pulpit. :D

Not So Fast
05-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Otter; If you own one of these boats and dont understand how a 23' or 24' deep "V" could swamp a 28 Magic then I have to assume you have never looked behind you when you are doing the famous 10mph bow to the sky thing that a lot of that type of boat owners seem to enjoy doing. Not being a smart ass but the wakes put out while doing this manuver, while I doubt it would swamp my boat does cause some serious rockin & rollin and flat out inconsiderate, not that there's anyhting wrong with that (Seinfeld qoute) :D
It seems to me that everybody on the boards knows how to drive a boat and understands the situation so where do these meatheads come from, :frown: NSF

mbrown2
05-09-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah...nobody ever has problems at Parker... :sleeping:
Nope...100's of problems, bitchy people in new bayliners, 15mph wakeboard boats with 2000lbs of ballast, blind drivers with seeing eye dogs that can't reach the steering wheels, and 40' boats made of concrete that take out river front homes with their wakes....you don't want any part of the boating down here.. :idea:

Tom Brown
05-09-2005, 09:28 AM
Maybe part of the problem is drivers who develop T-Rex arms and can't reach the throttle handle?

jackpunx
05-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Nope...100's of problems, bitchy people in new bayliners, 15mph wakeboard boats with 2000lbs of ballast, blind drivers with seeing eye dogs that can't reach the steering wheels, and 40' boats made of concrete that take out river front homes with their wakes....you don't want any part of the boating down here.. :idea:
I agree.. Oh.. and every overhang in the city is 5' 11".. I think it has something to do with the water.. but everyone is short in Parker..
so be carefull.. You'll hit your head on everything

Racer277
05-09-2005, 10:09 AM
I agree.. Oh.. and every overhang in the city is 5' 11"..
so be carefull.. You'll hit your head on everything
Oh, I don't know JP. I could jump up and down in that town and not hit a damn thing. :cool:

ChumpChange
05-09-2005, 10:13 AM
If I'm about to trailer my boat and I'm on my last speed run of the day or weekend, I plan on using all the space provided and take my boat all the way to the marker at WOT. Got to end the weekend on a good note, right? :mix:

Havasu Hangin'
05-09-2005, 10:14 AM
.. I think it has something to do with the water.. but everyone is short in Parker..
I keep telling you guys not to swim in the water downstream from Havasu!
No wonder you guys are starting to look like a bunch of Oompa Loompas...it must be the piss...
:confused:

jackpunx
05-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I keep telling you guys not to swim in the water downstream from Havasu!
No wonder you guys are starting to look like a bunch of Oompa Loompas...it must be the piss...
:confused:
yep..Im shrinking ,my hair is turning red and my teeth are falling out..
You must be drinking some good stuff up there..

gnarley
05-09-2005, 11:29 AM
Funny thing about this thread is I've read it on other boards before about other boats.
If you have a boat you prepare for the worse and hope for the best, but you know sooner or later you will have to deal with someone who doesn't know boating etiquette and you being smarter and experienced are prepared for those who just don't know any better. If you aren't prepared you will soon learn to be :smile:

Nord
05-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I used to be guilty of waiting in that area, but now that I read this thread I wont. :) I think it depends on which launch ramp though. :confused: