PDA

View Full Version : My Experience with Shockwave

hurleyr
05-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Case closed, I received an apology!
Let the fiasco come to an end.

slink
05-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Shoulda followed up with a phone call before you drove the 3 hrs on "Mothers day" :hammerhea

riverracerx
05-09-2005, 08:52 AM
Don't let one woman's answer on the phone ruin your whole perception of the company. They build a quality boat and are very accomodating. Call and ask for Barry, problem solved!

hurleyr
05-09-2005, 08:53 AM
Shoulda followed up with a phone call before you drove the 3 hrs on "Mothers day"
Thats why I called the previous Friday. To verify hours open.

rivercrazy
05-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Sounds like an unfortunate miscommunication. Nobody's perfect but in my experience, their service has been exemplary. Call Barry direct and I'm sure he will be more than accommodating.

Tom Brown
05-09-2005, 08:57 AM
Thats why I called the previous Friday. To verify hours open.
Your story portrays some real suckage but I would like to point out that mistakes happen. If you like the boats, why not use this as an opportunity to see how the company deals with issues? Tell them what happened and listen to their response. Maybe you will be impressed with them?
Everyone is great when there are no problems but nobody is perfect so...
:)

cc322
05-09-2005, 08:58 AM
Shoulda followed up with a phone call before you drove the 3 hrs on "Mothers day" :hammerhea
Yep just to confirm the hours for that day, but other then that I have always herd good things about them. FYI Lavey is in corona ;) as well as some others, If your gonna make the drive why not look at them all. good luck.

OutCole'd
05-09-2005, 09:01 AM
Everyone is great when there are no problems but nobody is perfect so...:)
Great line.
Bottom line, anyone can sell anything when it all goes right, the difference in customer service is how do they handle it when something goes wrong.

It's Only Money
05-09-2005, 09:11 AM
Is this the same "Barry" that promised a guy a certain price on his boat then stiffed him and sold it to someone else? Did that ever get "resolved"?
See this thread (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43249&page=1&pp=25&highlight=barry+shockwave+deposit)

hurleyr
05-09-2005, 09:20 AM
Yep just to confirm the hours for that day
I did confirm hours (the previous Friday). Are you guys suggesting I should have called twice?

hurleyr
05-09-2005, 09:23 AM
FYI Lavey is in corona ;) as well as some others, If your gonna make the drive why not look at them all. good luck.
Yep, I'm planning to take a "new" look at all of them, which will certainly include a drive to San Diego this time around.

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2005, 09:25 AM
All right seeing how no one else on this board likes to bash Shockwave I'll tell you about my first experience.
I'm in the market for a new boat. I'm wanting to get at least a 28' this time around. So, after hearing all the good things about this company on the boards I'm getting really serious about their 29' Magnitude.
I've been busy as Sh$& with work lately so have not had a chance to get down to talk to them in person until yesterday (Mother's Day). Now I know most shops are closed on Sunday however I had the day free and really wanted to move ahead on getting our new boat so I called Shockwave on Friday to see if they were open on SUNDAY. The gal that answered the phone said yes they are open from 9-3. I said "really" she said yes 9-3 so I told her I would plan to come down and see what they had on the floor.
Mind you this is Mother's day so I'm already feeling pretty guilty about dragging my wife to look at a new boat but she was cool about it because she knew how busy my business had been lately. She even gave me the go ahead to purchase the new ride.
So I pack the wife and kids in the car (did I mention it was Mother's day) and we drive nearly three hours (one way) to Corona (with checkbook in hand) only to find the doors locked. I now realize the gal that answered the phone on Friday most likely gave me their Saturday (NOT SUNDAY) business hours.
I'm pissed! Not only am I not going to purchase a new boat, but it just became clear to me that we had wasted six hours of Mother's Day driving LA freeways.
If your reading this thread this may seem like a minor issue, but for me and my family, we are seriously disappointed. And this is a direct reflection of Shockwave's custom service. Shockwave may make a decent boat but I'm not so sure the customer service is as good as it's advertised.
Hey Rob,
Sorry for your dis-appointment. Please do not let this discourage you for keeping Shockwave on the top of your list. Everything we have PM'd back and forth to gether has been truthful and reliable. Let the Shockwave crew make things right for ya. My offer still stands on that demo when ever you would like, the dates I already gave you are written in stone :) Please keep me informed of your relationship with Barry (Shockwave Sales) and crew. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out.....
Barry, dont loose this one....if you can do it for Leon then do it for Rob. :mad:

lucky
05-09-2005, 09:26 AM
howards up in your neck of the woods - their 028s' hot

Chico&Zeus
05-09-2005, 09:38 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, but for those of you that say he should have called that day to confirm....it's a 3 hour drive, maybe he wanted to be there at 9:00 when they open, it's hard to call ahead when you are road tripping it half way across the state. I just know that I would want to be there early, and not blow my whole day!

RiverToysJas
05-09-2005, 09:56 AM
I did confirm hours (the previous Friday). Are you guys suggesting I should have called twice?
I think so, it's possible that poor lady got off the phone with you and THEN noticed Sunday was Mother's Day, but had no way of contacting you back. IF you were so shocked they would be there Mother's Day, you should have reminded the lady on the photo of that.
If you're not spending over 100K with them and are so upset because of this ladies mistake on a 20 second phone call, I don't think they don't need you as a customer anyway. Please avoid Lavey Craft also. ;)
RTJas :D

RiverToysJas
05-09-2005, 10:06 AM
Being just a bit tough on him aren't you Jason?
Well I am, because he puts FULL blame on Shockwave and condems the whole company for what sounds like an innocent mistake. I know Shockwave will bend over backwards to make things right because that's what they do. I don't think he had to take it to this level on the boards to get a reaction though. BUT he wanted a reaction, he got one. ;)
RTJas :D

INSman
05-09-2005, 10:07 AM
I think this is a simple miscommunication !!
Shockwave is usually closed on Sundays, but have been open a few if not most Sundays after the boat show because of how busy they have been. Jennifer up front probably forgot it was Mothers Day and/or whomever was supposed to be there (maybe Dave) never planned on being there that particular Sunday to begin with.
This is ceratinly not a reflection of their Customer Servive, as you are not a customer just quite yet, but I assume all will get resolved and you will join the loving family soon enough :D

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2005, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry to hear that, but for those of you that say he should have called that day to confirm....it's a 3 hour drive, maybe he wanted to be there at 9:00 when they open, it's hard to call ahead when you are road tripping it half way across the state. I just know that I would want to be there early, and not blow my whole day!
At 9am? sorry, I know Shockwave opens their doors at 11am - 3pm on sundays for the past few months.....
Sorry INSman, your mis-informed :D called the lady (Ms. Jennifer) @ Shockwave...she'll inform you

jbone
05-09-2005, 10:08 AM
Sorry to hear about your unecessary road trip.
I did buy a Shockwave and WAS completely satisfied with every aspect. It seems to me they are not open on Sundays. The schedule you got 9-3 sounds like their Saturday schedule.
You are right to take customer service into consideration. However, this may have been a simple mistake by a receptionist/secretary (No offense Jennifer). Now is when the customer service will come in and help make this situation right.
Good luck on your new purchase.
J

dicudmore
05-09-2005, 10:10 AM
Shockwave is usually closed on Sundays
At 9am? sorry, I know Shockwave opens their doors at 11am - 3pm on sundays.....
Can you guys please get your stories straight :wink: :wink:

Sherpa
05-09-2005, 10:11 AM
so the next time to talk with a sales guy, and ask WTF about the secretary,
and demand a price break because she wasted your 6 hours on a sunday,
then poor $8.25 phone-answering gal gets fired, all because of you went
on a sunday, holiday, pretty much amazed a boat business would be open...
--bummer, but certainly no reason to bag the entire company, let alone get
someone in trouble.......
--Sherpa

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Can you guys please get your stories straight :wink: :wink:
Just did. Just talked to Jennifer as of a few minutes ago.....

DAB
05-09-2005, 10:17 AM
I think this is a simple miscommunication !!
Shockwave is usually closed on Sundays, but have been open a few if not most Sundays after the boat show because of how busy they have been. Jennifer up front probably forgot it was Mothers Day and/or whomever was supposed to be there (maybe Dave) never planned on being there that particular Sunday to begin with.
This is ceratinly not a reflection of their Customer Servive, as you are not a customer just quite yet, but I assume all will get resolved and you will join the loving family soon enough :D
Right after the LA show they started opening on Sundays (11-3) Saturdays 9-4 and M-F 9-5.. And when I help them out on Sundays I'm normally there early. Hurleyr, it was just a mistake.. I'm truly sorry that you drove down there Sunday morning but I really don't think they intentionally did that. I'm on my second SW and they really do have stand up customer service.
David

Garrddogg
05-09-2005, 10:20 AM
I dont own a Shockwave but I know many people who do, and can not think of one person that is unhappy with any dealing with them, I would suggest give them a chance, you prolly wont be dissapointed! :D
Forch 26
PS, iffin you happen to go to phoenix theres Kachina too.. :rollside:

cola
05-09-2005, 10:24 AM
Ok if you aren't happy with Shockwave, don't call Essex. J/K :cool:

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2005, 10:27 AM
If your reading this thread this may seem like a minor issue, but for me and my family, we are seriously disappointed. And this is a direct reflection of Shockwave's custom service. Shockwave may make a decent boat but I'm not so sure the customer service is as good as it's advertised.
Reading your post made me wonder exactly what kind of business you're in? I'm sure it's the kind of business where the customer service is the absolute best and no one at your company ever says or does anything that could lead to customer disappointment :rolleyes:
Seriously, what business are you in? BTW, somehow, even Disneyland manages to disappoint some people. :rollside:
Perhaps you might think about how YOU could have avoided being disapppointed especially since it was Mother's Day. Maybe YOU weren't clear on the phone. Or maybe the Shockwave person on the other thought you were asking about Satuday (that's the day after you called on Friday).
If I were you I'd definitely not consider buying a high quality boat like Shockwave because you're disappointed in how they handled your first phone call there :220v: I already feel sorry for the company that ultimately does sell you the boat. It sounds like you're gonna be a handful.

hurleyr
05-09-2005, 10:28 AM
Thanks, but I never planned too!!!

RiverToysJas
05-09-2005, 10:30 AM
I already feel sorry for the company that ultimately does sell you the boat. It sounds like you're gonna be a handful.
YEP! :D

cola
05-09-2005, 10:34 AM
Thanks, but I never planned too!!!
It was a joke. They don't have customer service. :) Just nice boats.

hurleyr
05-09-2005, 10:36 AM
Sorry, bad call. :(

LHC30Victory
05-09-2005, 10:41 AM
Having spoken to Barry on many occassions, I am confident he will make it right. Hekk, I didn't even buy a boat from him (wish I would have :cry: ) and think very highly of his customer skills = and product.

cola
05-09-2005, 10:42 AM
Just buy the 30' Ultra with twin 600's. Bad Ass boat.

Racer277
05-09-2005, 10:46 AM
So you guys will write threads where you bitch about the rain, the wind, the cigarette someone threw out, the ripple that got water on your boat, blah blah, blah.
This guy burns a whole day on the word of an employee that the company will be open, and he's the ass hole when he posts about it?
Jeezus.
I understand the company bashing gets bad on here, but I have read threads on the smallest shit, and everyone thought it was great.
I love this place. :rolleyes:

hurleyr
05-09-2005, 10:48 AM
Clearly, some of you guys are taking this personal.
There was no reference (or fault) given to the gal that answered the phone (everyone makes mistakes). Nor to the quality of Shockwave boats (I wouldn't have been there had I thought that was an issue). My post was merely to vent my frustration and honestly to inquire more closely the issue of customer service.
If Shockwave does have "the BEST customer service in the industry" as they advertise then they need to know when things didn't go right. A reputable company (which I bevieve them to be) would respond to that issue.
Dam, this is a tough crowd.

cola
05-09-2005, 10:49 AM
So you guys will write threads where you bitch about the rain, the wind, the cigarette someone threw out, the ripple that got water on your boat, blah blah, blah.
This guy burns a whole day on the word of an employee that the company will be open, and he's the ass hole when he posts about it?
Jeezus.
I understand the company bashing gets bad on here, but I have read threads on the smallest shit, and everyone thought it was great.
I love this place. :rolleyes:
It's the Internets fault.

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Well, they do have Amy. :coffeycup

Racer277
05-09-2005, 10:52 AM
It's the Internets fault.
:D
It sure is

Essex502
05-09-2005, 10:52 AM
There was no reference (or fault) given to the gal that answered the phone (everyone makes mistakes). Nor to the quality of Shockwave boats (I wouldn't have been there had I thought that was an issue). My post was merely to vent my frustration and honestly to inquire more closely the issue of customer service.
If Shockwave does have "the BEST customer service in the industry" as they advertise then they need to know when things didn't go right. A reputable company (which I bevieve them to be) would respond to that issue.
Has Shockwave responded?

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2005, 10:53 AM
My honest suggestion is you chalk this up to MISCOMMUNICATION. Yes, you and your family wasted a few hours of time. The good news is you can still give them a chance to prove they're worthy of your hard earned money. BTW, I hope you have a sense of humor (here and in real life). If you don't I have another suggestion for you - get out of here now while there's still time ;)
Give Barry a call this week and start over. It'll be worth it.
Good luck (to you both :D ).

Havasu_Dreamin
We've never had bad customer service with Essex.

Essex502
Well, they do have Amy. :coffeycup
MMD - I haven't personally heard Amy at Essex bad mouth another company's products like I have heard another, unnamed boat company sales manager bad mouth Essex and other manufacturers.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 10:55 AM
MMD - I haven't personally heard Amy at Essex bad mouth another company's products like I have heard another, unnamed boat company sales manager bad mouth Essex and other manufacturers.
Agreed. And we're probably talking about the same person. :idea:

Essex502
05-09-2005, 10:55 AM
We've never had bad customer service with Essex.
Neither have we. Exceptional customer service while we owned the boat. That boat is sold now but if they had another boat I desired to buy I wouldn't hesitate is buying it. New of course - never used.

Essex502
05-09-2005, 10:56 AM
Agreed. And we're probably talking about the same person. :idea:
You heard it too? My experience was at the 2003 L.A. Boat Show.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 10:59 AM
Yep, same show for me as well.

cola
05-09-2005, 11:00 AM
Easy boys it's only Hot Boat. :cool:

cc322
05-09-2005, 11:02 AM
If Shockwave does have "the BEST customer service in the industry"
In the industry???????? and I thought it was another builder ;)

Essex502
05-09-2005, 11:03 AM
Easy boys it's only Hot Boat. :cool:
Easy? Being easy is not naming names. I just won't buy a boat from any company that bags on another manufacturer's products. That's what Amy was alleged to have done.
And BTW...I never received a free t-shirt or squat from Essex. I did have a very nice dinner at last year's regatta 'cause I got there 1/2 early! ;)

cola
05-09-2005, 11:03 AM
I've had nothing but great dealings with Essex as well. Like I said it was only a joke. Now pass the popcorn. :cool:
Late, Mike

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Now pass the popcorn. :cool:
Late, Mike
Aint that the truth!

Waldo
05-09-2005, 11:04 AM
I don't have any experience with Shockwave personally, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn last night!!!
Call her back today and ask WTF??? If that doesn't work...well then...
BTW = Backhand That Woman!

cola
05-09-2005, 11:06 AM
Easy? Being easy is not naming names. I just won't buy a boat from any company that bags on another manufacturer's products. That's what Amy was alleged to have done.
And BTW...I never received a free t-shirt or squat from Essex. I did have a very nice dinner at last year's regatta 'cause I got there 1/2 early! ;)
Some people have all the luck. :rolleyes:
I'am just trying to get the post count to 1000 today. :sqeyes:

phebus
05-09-2005, 11:07 AM
Dude, I hope you understand that you are messing with the Shockwave "cult". Chances are, when you get home from work, you will find shockwave symbols painted all over the sides of your house, and a group of incomprehensible people mumbling the Shockwave mantra (Barry, Barry, Barry) and carrying pots of smoking incense.
Please, protect your family and yourself. You don't realize what ugly things you have opened up here.
May God bless........ :D

cola
05-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Neither have we. Exceptional customer service while we owned the boat. That boat is sold now but if they had another boat I desired to buy I wouldn't hesitate is buying it. New of course - never used.
I didn't jump ship, I'am on my second Essex. New of course. :wink:

hurleyr
05-09-2005, 11:13 AM
Dude, I hope you understand that you are messing with the Shockwave "cult". Chances are, when you get home from work, you will find shockwave symbols painted all over the sides of your house, and a group of incomprehensible people mumbling the Shockwave mantra (Barry, Barry, Barry) and carrying pots of smoking incense.
Please, protect your family and yourself. You don't realize what ugly things you have opened up here.
The sleeping giant has awoken! :D

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2005, 11:21 AM
Well, maybe you haven't but my wife and I heard it a couple of times from said female "salesperson" at Essex. She especially enjoyed badmouthing Shockwave like she holds a grudge against them. Probably because they're offering more value for the money and taking away customers. Essex offers terrific quality but that salesperson isn't representing them the way she should. This has all been covered in great detail in other threads. :hammerhea

redneckgirl
05-09-2005, 11:24 AM
LMAO That right there is funny!!!!! :D :D Gotta love the Shockwave "cult"
RNG

Nord
05-09-2005, 11:35 AM
My friend has the 29 magnitude, and is very happy with it. Couple of probs at first, but that comes with every company and new boat. I would check all of the boat places in that area. I live up the street from Shockwave/Carrera, and know that Ultra and Caliber 1 are there as well. I own an Eliminator and am very happy and they are about another 20 minutes up the 15 to the 60!
Good luck! But make your own choice in brands. ;)

jackpunx
05-09-2005, 11:41 AM
You should just buy some cowboy boots from Nord and forget the boat :eat:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 11:41 AM
This has all been covered in great detail in other threads. :hammerhea
Yep, with you calling people not very nice names.

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Yep, with you calling people not very nice names.
Ouch! What did I say? :confused:

Tremor Therapy
05-09-2005, 11:44 AM
I'm on my second Shockwave as well, and I am extremely satisfied. Did they get the answers right on every call I made to them...no. Did they try real hard to make it right, and make it as pleasant an experience as possible...yes. Thats customer service.
People like to "bash" the Shockwave cult....but did they take the time to think that there might actually be a reason why that kind of loyalty exists?
Barry is off on Mondays, and once contacted, he will do his best to help you....that being said, I have met some of the Shockwave bashers, and quite frankly, based on some of the personalities here on HB, you couldn't make them happy if you gave them the boat for free.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 11:45 AM
Perhaps it was not you and it was in the thread in general. My memory of it is not as clear as one would hope. But I thought you started thread and that is what led me to think it was you when thinking back about it. If I am mistaken, I am man enough to apologize. But I do remember names being thrown about. And names that we all know we don't use.

Nord
05-09-2005, 11:46 AM
, and quite frankly, based on some of the personalities here on HB, you couldn't make them happy if you gave them the boat for free.
Amen to that
:messedup: ;)

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2005, 11:49 AM
Perhaps it was not you and it was in the thread in general. My memory of it is not as clear as one would hope. But I thought you started thread and that is what led me to think it was you when thinking back about it. If I am mistaken, I am man enough to apologize. But I do remember names being thrown about. And names that we all know we don't use.
Well, you might just want to go find that thread and see if your memory is correct. :idea:

Nord
05-09-2005, 11:52 AM
Only on HB would this thread go sour! :wink:

Essex502
05-09-2005, 12:02 PM
I didn't jump ship, I'am on my second Essex. New of course. :wink:
The only reason, as discussed elsewhere, that I left the Essex "fold" is that they do not have a boat model that I am interested in at the present time. Waiting for the new 27'er wasn't an option.

Essex29
05-09-2005, 12:07 PM
That is so true! Really bitchen boat's, but the service..... :rolleyes:
give them another chance! :cool:

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 12:11 PM
Shit happens.... and YES IT SUCKS to happen on mothers day and yes you drove damn far...
Give them a call and a second shot.... Shit, you had check book in hand....
Ask for the owner and explain what had occurred.. Im sure he will make it right with you...
If not then its THEIR loss.....
Drop a mothers day card off for the secretary on your way in...... :cool:

CBLavey
05-09-2005, 12:16 PM
I'm pissed! Not only am I not going to purchase a new boat, but it just became clear to me that we had wasted six hours of Mother's Day driving LA freeways.
If your reading this thread this may seem like a minor issue, but for me and my family, we are seriously disappointed. And this is a direct reflection of Shockwave's custom service. Shockwave may make a decent boat but I'm not so sure the customer service is as good as it's advertised.[/QUOTE]
It seems to me like a minor miscommunication that resulted in a major inconvenience for your family. Whether you called them on Friday or not, you're a brave man to load the family in the car for a three hour drive on Mother's day without calling ahead first. I'm still not sure how this directly reflects on their customer service though I do know that they build great boats and are very customer friendly....If you can talk to them in person.

Essex502
05-09-2005, 12:17 PM
Well, you might just want to go find that thread and see if your memory is correct. :idea:
As you must know well, Dan, the Amy bashing thread was removed long ago. I don't remember who actually called her a biatch but I thought it was you as well. No offense...my memory is getting old and tired so if you didn't I apologize. There was a lot of name calling on that particular thread.

jackpunx
05-09-2005, 12:18 PM
See.. Now if you really loved your family.. You would have been happy just to spend 3 hrs talking while you sat in traffic... :D

phebus
05-09-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm pissed. I had to go somewhere on Mother's day, and the traffic was terrible. Where was everyone going? :D

jackpunx
05-09-2005, 12:28 PM
I'm not sure if Shockwave's customer service is good or bad, we bought our boat in 2001 and have never had the need to go back for anything. The boat is as solid as a rock. If they'd only make a deck, maybe one with twins and $50,000 worth of options included in the standard price. :D
See.. now your onto somthing. they need to splash the Skater 32 flat deck.. :D

Ultrafied
05-09-2005, 12:30 PM
Remind me to never vent any type of frustration about Shockwave on this forum! :D

little rowe boat
05-09-2005, 12:31 PM
As stated earlier in the thread Howard Custom Boats is very close to Ventura.You should give Mike Willen a call,their 28' Bullet is Bad ass.

Essex502
05-09-2005, 12:33 PM
That being said...go see a Howard and how it's made. The performance is outstanding as well.

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 12:37 PM
As stated earlier in the thread Howard Custom Boats is very close to Ventura.You should give Mike Willen a call,their 28' Bullet is Bad ass.
Very nice boat, bring two check books as he does not deal......

Burley1
05-09-2005, 12:38 PM
All right seeing how no one else on this board likes to bash Shockwave I'll tell you about my first experience.
I'm in the market for a new boat. I'm wanting to get at least a 28' this time around. So, after hearing all the good things about this company on the boards I'm getting really serious about their 29' Magnitude.
I've been busy as Sh$& with work lately so have not had a chance to get down to talk to them in person until yesterday (Mother's Day). Now I know most shops are closed on Sunday however I had the day free and really wanted to move ahead on getting our new boat so I called Shockwave on Friday to see if they were open on SUNDAY. The gal that answered the phone said yes they are open from 9-3. I said "really" she said yes 9-3 so I told her I would plan to come down and see what they had on the floor.
Mind you this is Mother's day so I'm already feeling pretty guilty about dragging my wife to look at a new boat but she was cool about it because she knew how busy my business had been lately. She even gave me the go ahead to purchase the new ride.
So I pack the wife and kids in the car (did I mention it was Mother's day) and we drive nearly three hours (one way) to Corona (with checkbook in hand) only to find the doors locked. I now realize the gal that answered the phone on Friday most likely gave me their Saturday (NOT SUNDAY) business hours.
The story sucks but the part when you asked and she said yes and you said "Really" that to me means you didn't believe it yourself so I would have called sunday am, in the past if something seems hard to believe most likely it ain't true.
Just my $0.02
I would give them a second shot :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 12:40 PM
Not worth my time. Again, if it wasn't you, I apologize, that was/is my mistake. Take that for whatever you want to.

phebus
05-09-2005, 12:41 PM
That being said...go see a Howard and how it's made. The performance is outstanding as well.
Forget it. I went there on Christmas day, and they weren't there, just some boatless guy named Patrick camped out in front. I'm never going back. :D

Havasu_Dreamin
05-09-2005, 12:42 PM
He doesn't need to deal.

rivercrazy
05-09-2005, 12:59 PM
This stuff always cracks me up. Seems like whenever a company has a long list of satisfied clientele, the haters show up calling it a cult thing. Or "cheerleading" their own favorite brands.
One thing is for certain. There are very few complaints I've ever come across regarding Shockwave, either in person or on all the boating message boards. Their mfg quality, performance, rigging, and customer service are well known.
Bottom line is do your research, choose the model and mfg that best suits your needs, and have a great time. Isn't that the point?

FRENCHIE
05-09-2005, 01:16 PM
well....it would only be a matter of time before i respond!! i will keep it simple!! THe problem is miscommunication!! not customer service, not quality of boat, nor boat price!! THis could have happened with any boat mfg, and probably has!! If your looking for 100 % perfection from a boat builder, you probably should go somewere else, because i dont recall anyone as much.... as even myself have been thoroughly behind thier customer service and product...say that they are perfect!!!??? and if you do find a perfect 100% builder id like to know who it was!!! I agree with someone else, you might not be the type of client that Shockwave needs, if this is your reaction to a miscommunication!!??
Im not saying your wrong for reacting this way as everyone is different, and handles things differently!! that is your prerogative!!! :cool: As others have said i would contact Barry if your still interested, ...oh and btw he is not perfect either!!! :p ive found out in life ..."only my wife is!!' :D
Good luck, i think personally you should think deeply about your expectations, wants and needs!!?? I have shopped around myself, and can be tough to deal with myself...but SHOCKWAVE seemed to exceed all my expectations...which are very high also!! At the same time, i have also tryed to work with them on things....as IT TAKES TWO!!!! Good luck..Leon :cool:

rivrbrat
05-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Hurleyr, I applaud you for venting. This is what these forums are for.... Screw everyone who thinks you were bashing this company. I would have been venting big time had I drove all the way out there and then home wasting 6 hours of my day...
Classic example of the effect of the 1 10 100 rule....

Jordy
05-09-2005, 01:18 PM
Or "cheerleading" their own favorite brands.
Hey, what does DCB have to do with any of this??? :D :D
I do believe that anything to do with "cheerleaders/cheerleading" is trademarked to Dave's Cult Boats. :D

Essex502
05-09-2005, 01:19 PM
WHAT? Gene not deal? He deals - it's all in the approach! :D

djunkie
05-09-2005, 01:22 PM
WHAT? Gene not deal? He deals - it's all in the approach! :D
It must be because Kilr is of Spanish decent.
J/K kilr :D

Bre
05-09-2005, 01:23 PM
Don't buy new...buy used.... no matter what boat you buy it's gonna go way down in price as soon as you get it. ;)
Sorry what were we talking about? ;)

Essex502
05-09-2005, 01:23 PM
It's prolly the badge thing! :D

Essex502
05-09-2005, 01:25 PM
Don't buy new...buy used.... no matter what boat you buy it's gonna go way down in price as soon as you get it. ;)
Sorry what were we talking about? ;)
Don't buy used - buy new....it's the same as adopting versus your own...would you rather make your own or save the fun, the labor, the medical costs? :D

Bre
05-09-2005, 01:30 PM
Don't buy used - buy new....it's the same as adopting versus your own...would you rather make your own or save the fun, the labor, the medical costs? :D
I'd rather buy something... use it for a season or two then sell it for what I bought it for ;)

phebus
05-09-2005, 01:31 PM
Buy used, be discriminating, take your time, and get "satisfaction" every time you look at your bank account. :D Also, register in AZ. and save the tax money to boot!!

Essex502
05-09-2005, 01:38 PM
I'd rather buy something... use it for a season or two then sell it for what I bought it for ;)
Then you miss the experience of making your own unique piece of art. AH...that's what makes the world go round and round...various approaches.

Bre
05-09-2005, 01:41 PM
Then you miss the experience of making your own unique piece of art. AH...that's what makes the world go round and round...various approaches.
I'll take someone else's piece of art when they are done with it :D
Bre <---- cheap ass. :jawdrop: :D

Steamin' Rice
05-09-2005, 01:44 PM
I understand your frustration, unfortunately it sounds like there was a miscommunication - I believe that the shop is typically open on Sun, but Barry does not work on Sun or Mon. Jennifer and Barry have always been great to deal with. I suggest you get in touch with Barry and either make an appt to come see him or let him know when you will down there. I just dropped my boat off there today and I still called before leaving to make sure that they were there and had room for it. Shockwave is not perfect, but my experience has been that Barry will do everything he can to make things right if you give him the chance.

Debbolas
05-09-2005, 01:46 PM
I dont own a Shockwave but I know many people who do, and can not think of one person that is unhappy with any dealing with them, I would suggest give them a chance, you prolly wont be dissapointed! :D
Forch 26
PS, iffin you happen to go to phoenix theres Kachina too.. :rollside:
What he said..................(in his P.S. ask for Louie, tell them Deb & Matt sent you :cool: )

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2005, 02:02 PM
Bre, REALLY? my ex said "I was a piece of art" come get me :cool:

Bre
05-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Bre, REALLY? my ex said "I was a piece of art" come get me :cool:
I love leftovers :p :wink:

It's Only Money
05-09-2005, 02:08 PM
How cheap? :mix:

Bre
05-09-2005, 02:09 PM
How cheap? :mix:
Right now very cheap LOL :D :wink:

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2005, 02:10 PM
I love leftovers :p :wink:
Cool, I love Willy Wonka's "Ever Lasting Gob Stoppers" :idea:

Bre
05-09-2005, 02:11 PM
Cool, I love Willy Wonka's "Ever Lasting Gob Stoppers" :idea:
tell me more LOL

It's Only Money
05-09-2005, 02:13 PM
Right now very cheap LOL :D :wink:
Why? Whats happened? :( ?

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2005, 02:16 PM
tell me more LOL
Bre, sorry I am not good at telling, but have been told I produce mirricles (sp) by showing (hands-on) :devil:

Bre
05-09-2005, 02:19 PM
Why? Whats happened? :( ?
I am just kidding :D

Bre
05-09-2005, 02:20 PM
Bre, sorry I am not good at telling, but have been told I produce mirricles (sp) by showing (hands-on) :devil:
hummmm :idea: ;)

Havasu Luvr
05-09-2005, 02:24 PM
hummmm :idea: ;)
hummmmm :idea: I wonder too ;)

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 02:25 PM
It must be because Kilr is of Spanish decent.
J/K kilr :D
That would be not to far from the truth.......

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 02:28 PM
What did you expect?

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 02:29 PM
i will keep it simple!!
18 lines of typing and you call that simple? LOL :D

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 02:35 PM
18 lines of typing and you call that simple? LOL :D
and the beatings continue :hammer2:

FRENCHIE
05-09-2005, 02:41 PM
and the beatings continue :hammer2:
AH YES....BUT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!!
:idea: ;) :)
OH AND 18 LINES WAS KEEPIN IT SIMPLE FROM ME!!! :D

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 02:54 PM
AH YES....BUT WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND!!!!
:idea: ;) :)
OH AND 18 LINES WAS KEEPIN IT SIMPLE FROM ME!!! :D
I'd hate to hear the long version then. :p

FRENCHIE
05-09-2005, 02:58 PM
I'd hate to hear the long version then. :p
i dont blame ya!!!
:rolleyes: :p :D

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 03:06 PM
The long version includes pictures and a limited edition signed lithograph.
Where can I get my copy.....
I guess im second behind SWBOB

Kachina26
05-09-2005, 03:52 PM
I think this has to be some kind of a joke, I don't know how many times I've forgotten the shop was closed for a holiday. Told someone "see ya Monday" or whatever only to have them remind me of the holiday. Perhaps if this really happened you should have said something like "even though it's Mother's Day?" Or maybe I'm too much of a skeptic.

purrfecttremor
05-09-2005, 04:34 PM
i agree with kachina 26.if it sounds to good to be true it usually is.why would a boat co.be open on mothers day?
shockwaves customer service is top notch.please dont point the finger at jennifer.if you do buy shockwave its service along with jennifers help will be a pleasant experiance.
sounds like a unfortunate misunderstanding.give them a chance and see how they handle it.

jbtrailerjim
05-09-2005, 05:25 PM
Hey, what does DCB have to do with any of this??? :D :D
I do believe that anything to do with "cheerleaders/cheerleading" is trademarked to Dave's Cult Boats. :D
Is that what DCB stands for? :confused: I thought it was Dave & Charleys Boats? :)

Domn8er
05-09-2005, 06:10 PM
Hurleyr, I applaud you for venting. This is what these forums are for.... Screw everyone who thinks you were bashing this company. I would have been venting big time had I drove all the way out there and then home wasting 6 hours of my day...
Classic example of the effect of the 1 10 100 rule....
I agree. I know I'd be pissed if I drove that long with expectations high and walked up to locked doors after confirming TWICE that they would be open. :idea:

Kachina26
05-09-2005, 06:19 PM
I agree. I know I'd be pissed if I drove that long with expectations high and walked up to locked doors after confirming TWICE that they would be open. :idea:
His story only mentions 1 call.............
And trust me when I say I ain't no Shockwave cheerleader.
That would be the French man:D

Domn8er
05-09-2005, 06:38 PM
My bad...I thought he had called a second time on Friday to confirm that they would be open. Either way, I'd still be upset and he can post his frustration all over here. I really don't think that someone looking to buy a shockwave is not going to buy one because of this incident. This guy is just fired up and I would be too.

FRENCHIE
05-09-2005, 06:39 PM
......Another simple problem turns into a 5 page thread....amazing how the drama loves to go on and on and on!!!!
ill skip the cheer leading on this one..1. its unecessary and 2. this thread will be upto 10 pages in no time!!!!!
:wink: :)

Kachina26
05-09-2005, 06:55 PM
......Another simple problem turns into a 5 page thread....amazing how the drama loves to go on and on and on!!!!
ill skip the cheer leading on this one..1. its unecessary and 2. this thread will be upto 10 pages in no time!!!!!
:wink: :)
Oh, it'll hit 10 with or without you ;)

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 07:46 PM
You have to remember that the world loves drama.,wether its right or wrong.
Now Frenchie I have never met you so there is no reason for me not to like you.Right?And honestly I have nothing against you,BUT it doesnt seem right for you to say in one breath "amazing how the drama loves to go on and on and on!!!!" and in the same breath start a thread "Im back!!!!!!!!!" and dont forget about all the stuff that lead up to "Im back!!!!!!!!!!" and theres quite a few other posts that will always have some people in here just dieing to know whats going on.See what Im saying?So its not "amazing how the drama loves to go on and on and on!!!!" Not bashing just showing you 2 sides to the coin is all,so dont take it as intentional....
Now I have to get back to a DCB vs Eliminator war down south! :supp:

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 08:23 PM
WHAT, Im inbound......

phebus
05-09-2005, 08:25 PM
You have to remember that the world loves drama.,wether its right or wrong.
Now Frenchie I have never met you so there is no reason for me not to like you.Right?And honestly I have nothing against you,BUT it doesnt seem right for you to say in one breath "amazing how the drama loves to go on and on and on!!!!" and in the same breath start a thread "Im back!!!!!!!!!" and dont forget about all the stuff that lead up to "Im back!!!!!!!!!!" and theres quite a few other posts that will always have some people in here just dieing to know whats going on.See what Im saying?So its not "amazing how the drama loves to go on and on and on!!!!" Not bashing just showing you 2 sides to the coin is all,so dont take it as intentional....
I think the nail has been hit on the head. :squiggle:

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 08:42 PM
WHAT, Im inbound......
Dave C is picking on me again! LMAO

INSman
05-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Okay, I've had enough and have decided to put my new 2005 Shockwave 29' Magnatude with all of 6 hours up for sale, first $175k takes her !!! :D

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 08:52 PM
Okay, I've had enough and have decided to put my new 2005 Shockwave 29' Magnatude with all of 6 hours up for sale, first $175k takes her !!! :D
Did you put number 6's on the back end........

INSman
05-09-2005, 09:01 PM
Did you put number 6's on the back end........
negative, no need, not enough HP and not enough $$$$$$ :D
but you knew this :idea: ;)

Kilrtoy
05-09-2005, 09:02 PM
negative, no need, not enough HP and not enough $$$$$$ :D
but you knew this :idea: ;)
Oh so you are kidding about the 175, I hope.....

INSman
05-09-2005, 09:10 PM
Oh so you are kidding about the 175, I hope.....
Hell no !! Someone could get desperate this time of year !! :messedup: :supp: :D

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 09:15 PM
Fill it up with gas and I'll give ya an even $2 bucks.Ahhhh nevermind its a Veeee bottom,yeeeeeoooooooouch! :D

INSman
05-09-2005, 09:20 PM
Fill it up with gas and I'll give ya an even $2 bucks.Ahhhh nevermind its a Veeee bottom,yeeeeeoooooooouch! :D
Yeah I hear ya' .. If I didn't have (2) adorable young girls, I would have bought a bitchen CAT for sure !!! :(

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 09:24 PM
Yeah I hear ya' .. If I didn't have (2) adorable young girls, I would have bought a bitchen CAT for sure !!! :(
You need to have a serious talk with your little girls and talk them into letting you buy a cat....LOL :D
My 2 year old girl can call if needed.

INSman
05-09-2005, 09:26 PM
You need to have a serious talk with your little girls and talk them into letting you buy a cat....LOL :D
My 2 year old girl can call if needed.
I can hear it now !! :D Cat, V, Cat, V :argue: :jawdrop: :D

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 09:28 PM
I can hear it now !! :D Cat, V, Cat, V :argue: :jawdrop: :D
Naaaaa its all good! :p

INSman
05-09-2005, 09:33 PM
Naaaaa its all good! :p
Truth be told, I am hoping to buy a DCB next time around and almost rolled into a 28' V this last go around. That new 32' Cat is gonna' be tough to pass up when it is ready :2purples: :2purples:

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 09:35 PM
Truth be told, I am hoping to buy a DCB next time around and almost rolled into a 28' V this last go around. That new 32' Cat is gonna' be tough to pass up when it is ready :2purples: :2purples:
The 32 will be nice but my next DCB will be a 29.I know of 2 28's that are up for sale and their both really nice boats.

INSman
05-09-2005, 09:37 PM
The 32 will be nice but my next DCB will be a 29.I know of 2 28's that are up for sale and their both really nice boats.
Whatch ya' got right now and what power ??

Jrocket
05-09-2005, 09:42 PM
Mach26,building a twin turbo efi motor.Drive breaker more or less.
The more I look at your boat the more I like that gel scheme!

INSman
05-09-2005, 09:45 PM
Mach26,building a twin turbo efi motor.Drive breaker more or less.
The more I look at your boat the more I like that gel scheme!
It's certainly a lot of color, but I like it and it has some nice pearls in it that make it look even better up close in the sun.

FRENCHIE
05-10-2005, 06:19 AM
I've followed this thread and I have only one post defending Jennifer. SHE RUNS Shockwave. If you need something done you call her. She'll get Barry and Bob together and make it happen. I f you need a loan call her she get it done. That woman busts her but for the company but especially the customers. Give her a break and some kudos on the other 99.9 things she does everyday.
my .02
good point...jenn has always gone above and beyond for me whenever ive been at the ...'PALACE'....and thats on top of answering 5 phone lines all the dam time too!!!!
;)

redneckgirl
05-10-2005, 07:22 AM
I've followed this thread and I have only one post defending Jennifer. SHE RUNS Shockwave. If you need something done you call her. She'll get Barry and Bob together and make it happen. I f you need a loan call her she get it done. That woman busts her but for the company but especially the customers. Give her a break and some kudos on the other 99.9 things she does everyday.
my .02
I hear ya...Jennifer rocks!!!! If you need something she always gets it done and immediately!!! Give the girl a break nobody is perfect!!!! :D :D
RNG

Steamin' Rice
05-10-2005, 07:43 AM
I'll beat that.. New 2005 34' Shockwave 525 EFI's with 6 hours, vacuflush head, monster gauges, intercom, shorepower, electric bolsters, etc etc etc for sale for $165k.. :jawdrop: :D

purrfecttremor
05-10-2005, 09:07 AM
i love the ending ITS OVER!

Essex502
05-10-2005, 09:13 AM
I'll beat that.. New 2005 34' Shockwave 525 EFI's with 6 hours, vacuflush head, monster gauges, intercom, shorepower, electric bolsters, etc etc etc for sale for $165k.. :jawdrop: :D
"...Electric bolsters..."? I thought that was "one more thing to go wrong" ....??

Steamin' Rice
05-10-2005, 09:39 AM
"...Electric bolsters..."? I thought that was "one more thing to go wrong" ....??
I don't know what you're talking about.. :D :D

Essex502
05-10-2005, 09:48 AM
I don't know what you're talking about.. :D :D
Conversation I heard about. :D :D :D Congrats on the boat, BTW.

Essex502
05-10-2005, 10:05 AM
So, how about an update on what is going on? If you don't update us you will lose credibility here on HB. Just my opinion though.....
Agreed...the original poster should have had plenty of time to call Shockwave and get some sort of reply.

hurleyr
05-10-2005, 10:25 AM
I cut and pasted our PMs (between Barry and myself). This is how it ended. Now don't get all teary eyed on me.
Re: Very sorry
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by shockwavebd
Very sorry for your trouble on Sunday I don't know what happened as today was my day off and just saw this. I too would be pissed if this happened to me regardless , .....Give me a call and I will make every effort to make your next experience ( if there is one )a more enjoyable one.....I can even come down on my day off to meet with you if I know in advance , or wait late if you need me too. Again very sorry for the miscommunication
Barry
Thanks Barry,I guess I just needed to know someone over there gave a rat's ass for my trouble.
I think it was an honest mistake. As you might understand I was a bit frustrated at the time and it carried over to this morning when I posted that message.
That post got a hell of a lot more attention than I had planned. I received more replies in a day than I had recieved in the last two years combined on other topics.
Also, the girl I spoke with was very polite so I hope my rant doesn't reflect poorly on her because that really was not my intention.
Clearly, you do have a great product and excellent customer service otherwise that post would have never made it off the ground.

hurleyr
05-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Now can't we all just get along?
Where's the love on this board anyway? :)

hurleyr
05-10-2005, 10:46 AM
Most likely. Providing I didn't rock the boat to badly.
Since this thread began I also made a few promises to take a look at a couple others before I buy.

Tremor Therapy
05-10-2005, 01:00 PM
Since this thread began I also made a few promises to take a look at a couple others before I buy.
Very smart! I narrowed the list to 4 before I re-committed! Do the same, and you will make the best decision for you!
Now, back to our regular scheduled programming! :devil:

FRENCHIE
05-10-2005, 03:23 PM
Most likely. Providing I didn't rock the boat to badly.
well done!!! id be more than happy to welcome you to the shockwave family, if we pick you up...and if not i wish you luck in which ever direction you end up!!!...sincerely ...Leon
:cool:

FRENCHIE
05-10-2005, 03:28 PM
What exactly does that entail? :idea: Personally, I'm hoping the initiation is not "pants optional." :p
here we go!!!!
:rolleyes: :p

FRENCHIE
05-10-2005, 03:31 PM
You know how we do it. :D
man i need a few beers after this week o9n here!!!
:rolleyes: :wink:

rivercrazy
05-10-2005, 03:33 PM
Just keep da clothes on and all this will go away!

dexman38
05-10-2005, 03:46 PM
frenchie i will have a few cold ones for you on merioral day. :rollside:

FRENCHIE
05-10-2005, 03:48 PM
Just keep da clothes on and all this will go away!
SAVE IT!!
:lightsabe who said i wanted it to go all away!!!?? :p :D

FRENCHIE
05-10-2005, 03:49 PM
frenchie i will have a few cold ones for you on merioral day. :rollside:
sweet man...we got some catching up to do...i gots sum 411 for ya!!!! and you??? ill need the latest!!
:wink: :cool:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-11-2005, 08:02 AM
Apparently my recollectioin was incorrect MMD was not the one that made any derogatroy comments. I apologize to the entire HB forums making an incorrect statement.

Essex502
05-11-2005, 11:18 AM
The "bashing Amy at Essex" thread is no longer available so the world will never know for sure...I do know there was a lot of "bitch" used in that thread. Can't say I am exactly sure who used the term. I do know who didn't.

hotlavey
05-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Being just a bit tough on him aren't you Jason?
What's the problem with Lavey?? Great product, great people.

cc322
05-11-2005, 12:19 PM
What's the problem with Lavey?? Great product, great people.
I think he was being sarcastic :idea: Jason loves his Lavey family :D