PDA

View Full Version : Question for injury attorney, Oceanside, Ca.

Havasteve
05-09-2005, 10:31 AM
Are there any injury attorneys out there in the San Diego Oceanside area, I'm recently disabled due to a docking accident which crushed my foot. Have many questions. Thanks
Steve

cola
05-09-2005, 10:45 AM
You can't sue yourself.

Mandelon
05-09-2005, 10:47 AM
I know a New York Jewish personal injury attorney but he works out of Mission Valley. I've never used him but I do know he is a real asshole. :hammerhea :wink:

MagicMtnDan
05-09-2005, 10:48 AM
You might win the case but it's going to be tough to get money from a dock :jawdrop: :D

cola
05-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Maybe it was a rogue wave from a overloaded wakeboard boat driven by a tattooed white boy. :cool:

Scream
05-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Maybe it was a rogue wave from a overloaded wakeboard boat driven by a tattooed white boy. :cool:
LMAO, that was funny.

Quality Time
05-09-2005, 10:57 AM
or another one of those egotistical "big" boat owners :umm:

NashvilleBound
05-09-2005, 12:47 PM
Chris 760-535-7345 He's my brother in law and got Whacked in a car accident that was the cities fault. They really like the attorney....give him a call to get the number. I think he's in Oceanside.....Good luck.

OGShocker
05-09-2005, 01:07 PM
Chris 760-535-7345
I bet he loves you putting his Ph. # is the World Wide Web.... :D

Boozer
05-09-2005, 01:08 PM
Are there any injury attorneys out there in the San Diego Oceanside area, I'm recently disabled due to a docking accident which crushed my foot. Have many questions. Thanks
Steve
Were you docking next to Frenchie?
:D :hammerhea

RiverDave
05-09-2005, 01:33 PM
Steve
Lets hear the rest of the story.. I'd hate to think that it was just an "accident" (regardless of the disablement) and your trying to pull money for no legitamate reason?
RD

NashvilleBound
05-09-2005, 02:23 PM
I bet he loves you putting his Ph. # is the World Wide Web.... :D
Everyone call call the shmuck....I dont give a rayts azzz....

coolchange
05-09-2005, 03:40 PM
Put your foot between the boat and dock and have to sue someone?

ROZ
11-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Everyone call call the shmuck....I dont give a rayts azzz....
I feel the love :D

riverroyal
11-23-2005, 10:15 AM
Steve
you talking about this awhile back,,,still dealing with it,,,that sucks

Jordy
11-23-2005, 10:17 AM
you talking about this awhile back,,,still dealing with it,,,that sucks
Look at the date. 5/9. Old thread. ;)

riverroyal
11-23-2005, 10:19 AM
im sleepin,,,who brought that back?

Ziggy
11-23-2005, 11:14 AM
im sleepin,,,who brought that back?
Who else but the pool boy.........he;s been dragging up all kinds of old shit lately :)

HavaPaul
11-29-2005, 10:43 AM
Hello Ziggy, The pool boy? HeHe. You must know who were talking about. The trimaran right? Not to mention names here. Small world. I guess the owners rep is preceding him.
I can speak for HavaSteve as I am his twin brother and the EX- first mate on this Trimaran. I will give some minor details on what happened. But first, I no longer am part of this boat. Reasons being is the lack of responsability of the Owner ( I dont say captain because he definately lacking in this catagory.) The owner in more interested in who he can sleep with rather than developing the sailing skills of the captain and first mate/ he and I. We are both totaly new to sailing and the ocean. And yes we were taking people out into open water. As first mate I was given/rather took/ the topside duties having the captain at the helm, as it should be. A big factor here is mainly the lack of the captain to insure that there is a plan of action to any situation that can occur in oper water. I had a real hard time ,with no success,to try to adopt self training and procedure for Man Overboard and Docking and sailing in general. No one has ever been in danger while under sail while I was on the boat. I always had a plan in my head for me to exicute, knowing the captain didnt have a clew. I simply applied my survival skills (fear of mother natures lethality) and an aviation mentality(being very procedure oriented to minimize risk). To cut this short because I could go for days, the captain didnt have us close enough to the dock for egress. HavaSteve and I were on the sarboard bow, the command was given to go for it , he jumped I didnt. Were talkin large freeboard and a concrete dock.
One week later I approached the owner obout the situation. I had a docking procedure on the board to insure a successful docking under any wind or personal physical condition. The owner basicly didnt think we needed a docking procedure, I persisted, we got in a fight, I threatened to quit, I got my way.
HavaSteve is gimped for life. Could any of you guys live on disability?
The owner is responsible for anyone on his boat. I have drilled this into his head from the day he purchased the boat. HavaSteve was acting and functioning as auxiliary crew on that day. Acting under the command of the captain, as it should be. OK, your oppinions please. :argue:
Where is the darn spell check on this thing.

topless
11-29-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm thinking if someone told him to jump off a bridge and he did it would be his own fault. People need to stop blaming others. Why didn't you jump to the dock as well? I guess you are the twin with the extra brain cell.

Her454
11-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I'm thinking if someone told him to jump off a bridge and he did it would be his own fault. People need to stop blaming others. Why didn't you jump to the dock as well? I guess you are the twin with the extra brain cell.
ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rollside:

uvindex
11-29-2005, 10:56 AM
The owner is more interested in who he can sleep with rather than developing the sailing skills of the captain...Sounds like your standard boat owner to me. :)

ROZ
11-29-2005, 10:57 AM
Hello Ziggy, The pool boy? HeHe. You must know who were talking about.
Actually Zig was referring about me.. I dug up this thread as well as a few other oldies, and I'm a pool guy....lol
Incidentally, I was standing at the docks in the oceanside harbor when all of a sudden my sack fell from my shorts hit the dock and rested at the side at the moment the dock shifted rocking a boat right into my nuts. Yep gravity is a bitch and it hurt like hell.. Should I sue the city of Oceanside, or the boat owner?

JB in so cal
11-29-2005, 11:01 AM
Actually Zig was referring about me.. I dug up this thread as well as a few other oldies, and I'm a pool guy....lol
Incidentally, I was standing at the docks in the oceanside harbor when all of a sudden my sack fell from my shorts hit the dock and rested at the side at the moment the dock shifted rocking a boat right into my nuts. Yep gravity is a bitch and it hurt like hell.. Should I sue the city of Oceanside, or the boat owner?
Wow. That's quite a tale. Are you gonna have drawings in court or actual pictures?
Wait'll CourtTV gets ahold of this one.

ROZ
11-29-2005, 11:06 AM
Wow. That's quite a tale. Are you gonna have drawings in court or actual pictures?
No drawings needed. Ever since the accident, I've had to cart them around in my wheel barrel...So they'll be able to see the damage caused.. I had Tony's upolstery line it with satin, have a nice don comforter, and an A/V system, so it's not so bad. It is a horrible memory though.
Who needs court tv when we have texas justice and jerry springer :cool:

malibuken
11-29-2005, 11:10 AM
A Should I sue the city of Oceanside, or the boat owner?
I say you should sue Mother Nature for giving you such enormous nads for that to happen in the first place. :D :D
Then go after the City for not making the docks semi intelligent so they would stay in position relative to the closest boat, no matter how big the wave.
Then go after the owner of the boat that smooshed your jewels, they should have known there was not enough room in the marina for their boat and your stuff. :D

Ziggy
11-29-2005, 04:31 PM
I say you should sue Mother Nature for giving you such enormous nads for that to happen in the first place. :D :D
Then go after the City for not making the docks semi intelligent so they would stay in position relative to the closest boat, no matter how big the wave.
Then go after the owner of the boat that smooshed your jewels, they should have known there was not enough room in the marina for their boat and your stuff. :D
ROZ, you crack me up.........Ken, the extra stretch Roz has got in the sack is from Mama(aka wife) pulling him around, not mother nature. LOL :p
Remember the Bobitt :D :D :D

Sane Asylum
11-29-2005, 04:32 PM
I don't care who ya are.....that right there.......LMAO

Sane Asylum
11-29-2005, 04:38 PM
or another one of those egotistical "big" boat owners :umm:
Scott........What's new?? Probably was one of those azzholes in a Sunsation that did it......

ROZ
11-29-2005, 04:43 PM
Remember the Bobitt :D :D :D :jawdrop: :D

Ziggy
11-29-2005, 04:46 PM
:jawdrop: :Dhmmm, hit one close to home did I ROZ? :cry: :D

HavaPaul
12-02-2005, 07:22 PM
Ok, to end this. Nobody is going to sue anyone. This was a jugment call that resulted in an injury. I am a firm beleiver in self accountability. My attitude and my brothers comes from being real pissed off about the whole thing , in a serious way. Yeah I did more than cover the owners butt for a year and a half. By the way the boat on approach to the dock was in a committed position. A situation I had warned the owner about, but it just didnt register.
I stressed that he must always approach a dock with a plan of excape if things didnt go right. He lost control of his boat. Period. So it was pretty much up to us to save the frikin day. The only man on the dock to catch a dockline was down. Thats another thing, this guy actualy thaught it was ok to use manpower to pull a 40,000 lb. boat into the dock with a brease blowin off the dock. My docking procedure was implemented only after shoving it down his throat. Things got ugly. Anyways , i am going to try to remember the good times I did have on this boat. The sailing was just a joke. I had my hands tied.

rrrr
12-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Uh, if it comes down to me, a 40,000 lb boat, and a bad docking approach....I'm just gonna hold my nuts and grin because the boat owner and the insurance company are about to become close friends.
Bad decisions aren't insurable.