PDA

View Full Version : Question on used DCB?

mbrown2
08-22-2002, 09:49 PM
Anyone know the history on the 2001 Mach22 at DCB with the twin 200XS's. Talked to Dave a couple of weeks ago and he told me something to extent of the owner wanted to get rid of it (I forget the exact reason since I have been looking at a number of boats lately). Also, I got a funny response about this boat on another board...like check the maintenance history..The boat has low hours and such, but wondered if anyone had any additional info on this particular boat or knew any of its history...before I call Dave back to get more info..any info would be appreciated.

TOBTEK
08-23-2002, 09:59 AM
mbrown2:
Anyone know the history on the 2001 Mach22 at DCB with the twin 200XS's. Talked to Dave a couple of weeks ago and he told me something to extent of the owner wanted to get rid of it (I forget the exact reason since I have been looking at a number of boats lately). Also, I got a funny response about this boat on another board...like check the maintenance history..The boat has low hours and such, but wondered if anyone had any additional info on this particular boat or knew any of its history...before I call Dave back to get more info..any info would be appreciated.I was also looking at that boat, not a bad boat BUT....that thing has a few problem that i can see. 1. the colors, gray base with teal and a magenta strips. 2.that 3rd seat in the front/middle, which can be removed just takes more money to repair where the two outside seats, where grap handles will have to be removed. 3. The motors! If your gonna spend the dollars for a twin Mach22 you need 2.5's. Top speed will be the same as a single 300x. and with the twin200's you get the pleasure of maintaning both motors and the extra weight of the second motor!
the thing is LOADED to the gills, with killer stereo/hard wired,ect,ect. I threw out a low number which I would buy it at, and they didnt seem at all into it. For the money for that twin you can get a new 2003 with 300x with tons of options, or a used with 2.5's......have you seen the 98 with 2.5's low 60K's and the thing is BAD! Its on Daves web site,(not as a boat forsale, when it was being built) go into shop tour, its all white w/ yellow and blue colors...its very loaded...if you want I'll dig up a website with all the info.....also recieved some email's from a guy in fallbrook that has a 2001 or 02 I forget, with a 22 300x for mid 50K's if your interested.....BTW I orderd a new 03 22 with a 300x......good luck

mbrown2
08-23-2002, 10:37 AM
From the pic's I kind of like the color scheme on the Grey boat...need to see it in person though. I do like the 1998 in Idaho, but not sure if I want the maint. involved with 280's (Blue carpet??). I am figuring this boat with the 200s should be near a 100, but will run quicker with heavier loads than the single 300x. Have also heard these engines are trouble-free and put out more horse than is designated. (from Scream and Fly) On the same boat, they are faster than the old Pro-max 225's that is why they had to beef it up to the 225x. Compromises..compromises...decisions, decisions, I definitely want twins though.

TOBTEK
08-23-2002, 12:29 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by mbrown2:
[QB]From the pic's I kind of like the color scheme on the Grey boat...need to see it in person though. I do like the 1998 in Idaho, but not sure if I want the maint. involved with 280's (Blue carpet??). I am figuring this boat with the 200s should be near a 100, but will run quicker with heavier loads than the single 300x. Have also heard these engines are trouble-free and put out more horse than is designated. (from Scream and Fly) On the same boat, they are faster than the old Pro-max 225's that is why they had to beef it up to the 225x. Compromises..compromises...decisions, decisions, I definitely want twins though.[/
Dave and Joe at DCB said those motor are bullet-proof!
dont get me wrong, the boat is really nice! I would be very proud to own it. I just dont think its worth mid 60K's Have you seen it? its flawless, other than a few scufs on the motor cowls that may rub out. Im on my way down there today as a matter a fact. to show mis Tobtek what we are getting! :D

mbrown2
08-23-2002, 02:07 PM
Tobtek,
Good luck on your visit with the misses...I am sure she will be pleased. I have been lurking around this board for sometime and have known from your posts that you "really" wanted the 22 with single 300x..great to hear you got it on order..great looking boat/engine combo.

TOBTEK
08-23-2002, 07:17 PM
mbrown2:
Tobtek,
Good luck on your visit with the misses...I am sure she will be pleased. I have been lurking around this board for sometime and have known from your posts that you "really" wanted the 22 with single 300x..great to hear you got it on order..great looking boat/engine combo.we where down in Elcajon this afternoon doing a little biz (her's) and we thought it would be in better tast to stay away from DCB, with the 26 getting stolen last night and all. Im sure Dave isn't in the mood for a million questions from me and the misses. We did a drive by though and it looked pretty mello in there.......did you see the 98 mach22 for sale on the trader? 36K with a 2.5L