PDA

View Full Version : Drive Tech (Nascar Racing)

DMVQUEEN
05-10-2005, 05:39 PM
I bought my husband a cool B-Day present, a day at Fontana Speedway for a real NASCAR experience, racing against other fools on the track for about 25 laps, anyone been?????
And, BTW, I was fool enough to order the Ride A Long with a Pro Driver going about 150 MPH around the track, (thank goodness I'm not driving, just being a side seat driver) LOL
Just wondering if anyone has done it and what to expect, fun or (pooping pants) scary!!!!
Imput would be great!!
Thanks
Sara

LevoeDCB22
05-10-2005, 05:45 PM
How much was it? Id love to go back.. I did the Petty school and it was way cool

NoCal NoBoat
05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
DMV Queen -
I did the Richard Petty ride-along at Orlando.
It was awesome, once I remembered to breathe, and it ended much too soon.
If I remember correctly, it was three laps - but that included pit road getting up to speed and about a half lap cool down. I thought we were going fast on the pit road, and then we hit the track.
What's it like ? Very cool. You're looking down track at the banked turn, and it looms like a big wall you're going to drive into. From driving your street car, you wait for the driver to lift as he enters the turn, but, of course, he doesn't. The car goes through the corner like a train on rails. You sit there and wonder "What's this like at 190 with 42 other cars" ???
Top speed at Orlando was about 140.
It totally ruined "Test Track" at Epcot Center for me. (j/k) 60 wasn't shiat after the big track.
I hope you enjoy your ride. I KNOW your husband is going to enjoy his !

DMVQUEEN
05-10-2005, 05:54 PM
We are going this weekend, have never been, so it was fun??
Not TOOOOOO scary???
Thanks for the imput
Sara

DMVQUEEN
05-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Thanks NO Cal, very excited but a little aprehensive, but thanks, I KNOW HE WILL HAVE A BLAST. I can just hear him now at the meeting, "I watch ESPN, I learned everything I know about NASCAR from ESPN" LOL
Will post pictures on Saturday afternoon.
See ya

Parker Dreamin
05-10-2005, 05:57 PM
We are going this weekend, have never been, so it was fun??
Not TOOOOOO scary???
Thanks for the imput
Sara
I sat shotgun at Atlanta Speeway and did 3 laps for $100. It was off the hook and so awesome you can not even explain it it anybody. Well worth it, I can only imagine what it is like to drive sollo..... have a good time.

burtandnancy
05-10-2005, 06:01 PM
My kids bought me the advanced drive at Richard Petty at Las Vegas. It was incredible. Nancy did a 3 lap ride along (at about 20/30 mph faster than I was allowed to go) up against the wall. She loved it as well. Many friends have done the Fontana experience and it sounds like it was cheaper and got more laps. You will love it regardless...

LUVNLIFE
05-10-2005, 06:05 PM
That's cool Sarah. Mark will love it and so will you. :rollside:

Racer277
05-10-2005, 06:20 PM
I am sooo jealous at you!
That is the coolest gift ever! You guys will have a blast!
Some how I can see you in the car with the guy, going 140 through the corner, talking and carrying on the whole time, LOL. :D :D :D
I know Dia would be.... :rollside:
I'd Love to be in the GTO on the way home from the racetack, doesn't that thing do about 140? :squiggle: If you time it right the 210 may be fun....

DMVQUEEN
05-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I'd Love to be in the GTO on the way home from the racetack, doesn't that thing do about 140? :squiggle: If you time it right the 210 may be fun....
Ya I've been on the I40 in the GTO with Mark out to Havasu doing about 130 until I started yelling and hitting him in the arm, probably not a good thing to do when he is driving that fast, but then again, I probably wasn't thinking :hammerhea
Hopfully I will not have a mike in my helmet hooked up to the driver for the ride along, I just may make him pull over and throw me out!!!! :2purples:
Sara

racecar.hotshoe
05-10-2005, 06:40 PM
You will dig it I know....................Make sure you go potty first.. :D :D

DMVQUEEN
05-10-2005, 06:50 PM
You will dig it I know....................Make sure you go potty first.. :D :D
Thanks for that racecar!!!! :2purples:
Sara

Mrs.Racer277
05-10-2005, 06:51 PM
Sara thanks I think you just cost me some money. :hammer2: :wink:
That is awesome. I can't wait to hear about it and see the pics. I would love to do it. When I did auto cross I told Sean I was just going to cruz the first lap. Once I saw that green light.........I HIT IT!!!!! :2purples: :2purples: You was holding on for dear life. HEHEHEHE
Have a great time.

Krazy K
05-10-2005, 07:03 PM
I am totally going to do it when I get out to Vegas. This one time, going out to the river.....My dad was driving my mom's T-Bird SC out of Desert Center. I woke up when he hit the first dip. How fast are you going, Dad? About 140, oh and went back to sleep!

DMVQUEEN
05-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Will do, I am a secret racecar driver, I drive the GTO to work everyday, and will only admit this one time only!!!
I raced ( and beat ) a 2004 BMW down Chandler in Sherman Oaks about 2 months ago and then slapped myself!!! (but boy did i have fun!!!!)
I CAN NOT WAIT, and will take lots or pics, plus we get an in car video of Mark, will bring it to the next get together!!

SoCal_fun
05-10-2005, 07:04 PM
Have a blast you guys!!! I wish I was going but I will wait for the video!!
What a cool gift!! Marina, are you reading this?? :hammerhea

MOBrien
05-10-2005, 07:15 PM
I CAN NOT WAIT, and will take lots or pics, plus we get an in car video of Mark, will bring it to the next get together!!
bring it to the next get-together?? post the pics and the vid up here....we want to see that shiat! Great gift!! I'd love my wife for at least another year if she got that for me. :D LOL :D j/k she's great and that's the kinda present she'd do. What fun! Enjoy

Hallett19
05-10-2005, 07:15 PM
Will do, I am a secret racecar driver, I drive the GTO to work everyday, and will only admit this one time only!!!
I raced ( and beat ) a 2004 BMW down Chandler in Sherman Oaks about 2 months ago and then slapped myself!!! (but boy did i have fun!!!!)
What a great street race on, two lanes on each side and patrolled by LAPD, they dont care what you do as long as you arent shooting at anyone :) My ex lived on albers off of chandler and I used to race ricers in my honda all the time on that street.

Kilrtoy
05-10-2005, 07:27 PM
What a great street race on, two lanes on each side and patrolled by LAPD, they dont care what you do as long as you arent shooting at anyone :) My ex lived on albers off of chandler and I used to race ricers in my honda all the time on that street.
They have been working Chandler hard lately...
Hell, come over and Ill take you 170MPH for free....

LVJAKAZ
05-10-2005, 07:29 PM
I was on the 30 freeway this morning going over 90 and passed a Suburban, does this count? HAHAHAHA:):):):):)

DMVQUEEN
05-10-2005, 08:11 PM
Is that in the VET or in the DCB???????
Please let me know?????
If it's the Vett i can do that in the 04 GTO (not quite 170 but oh well, had it up to 140))
but in the boat IM IN!!!!!
Let me know
Sara

raff
05-11-2005, 07:20 PM
Just need to thanks to Sara for the gift, and everyone for the in put..
Looks like I'm going to have fun on Saturday :)
Thanks, Mark

PHOTOGLOU
05-11-2005, 07:22 PM
On the back of the bike???? :D :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
05-11-2005, 07:24 PM
Just need to thanks to Sara for the gift, and everyone for the in put..
Looks like I'm going to have fun on Saturday :)
Thanks, Mark
Enjoy. Have a great time. :cool:

raff
05-14-2005, 03:16 AM
The day has come whis me luck.. ;) will post some pix when we get back home....

essexjet
05-14-2005, 03:24 AM
The day has come whis me luck.. ;) will post some pix when we get back home....
Have fun and take some pictures for us. :D

RitcheyRch
05-14-2005, 03:25 AM
You guys will have a blast. A few years ago my girlfriend bought me the 10 lap special out at Bakersfield Raceway. I had such a good time that I bought the video of me driving.

Procraftkev
05-14-2005, 05:24 AM
You will have a great time I did the California raceing experance in fontana 22 laps six cars on the track you can pass if you want. Pay the extra money and get the in car video and the on the track pics.I was running 165 mph the cars were bush cars and there set up great It was harder to go staght then in the corrners. Have Fun! :cool:

DMVQUEEN
05-14-2005, 12:12 PM
Well got up at 4 am this morning, to be there by 7:00 am ( hey, give me a break, I need my coffee lol) and WE HAD A BLAST!!!!!! :D :D :D
Mark is taking a nap, so pictures will follow.
I CAN NOT TELL YOU HOW MUCH FUN I HAD!!!! :2purples: :2purples:
And I only did the ride along!!!!
I will tell you this, the guy that has a job toting people around that track for ride alongs has THE BEST JOB EVER!!! I cannot put into words HOW COOL :D :D that ride was, I now have a greater respect for race car drivers!!! Pictures will follow later, if anyone likes fast cars, at least do the ride along, ($95) not a bad price, is WELL WORTH IT, just for one time only!!!
They will be seeing me again!!!!
Sara (still dazed) out

JustMVG
05-14-2005, 12:45 PM
I wish i had read this thread last night, would have come on over to meet and say hi. The Drivetech deal is a good one, there is also an Open Wheel version, you can drive the cars or ride along as there is a 2 seater car thats been built so you can get out there and get up to 175 185 depending on the day and not worry about driving.
Glad to see that you had a great time.
Mike VG

life's a river
05-14-2005, 08:17 PM
I am going to watch my friend Andy tomorrow at California Speedway. I wish I was a driver and not a spectator! Anybody else going tomorrow?
LAR

raff
05-14-2005, 08:59 PM
My wife did a ride along today when I was driving, SHE HAD A BLAST!!!
If you are only spectating, spend the $95 and DO THE RIDE ALONG!!!!
She cannot describe how FUN IT WAS!!! WOO HOO She has not stopped talking about it since she got home, but now she wants to drive one, God help us!!
I on the other hand had a TERRIFIC time, would do it again in a heart beat, despite the cost!!! Was too short, but was incredible, I now have a new respect for NASCAR drivers, insane.
Getting Ready
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/875before-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/875before1-med.jpg
Getting in the car
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/875before2-med.jpg
READY TO GOOOOOOO
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/875in_car-med.jpg
GREEN GREEN GREEN
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/875start-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/875driving-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/875back1-med.jpg
Sara took some great shots, hope you all enjoy, would HIGHLY recomend it, also got an in car video, but discovered today that our VCR doesn't work!!!!
If I ever figure out how to post video on here I will do it!!
Mark out
Oh, by the way, Sara on her ride along passed me on the back straight away passed me doing about 160, scared the CRAP out of me lol.

raff
05-15-2005, 04:46 PM
I am going to watch my friend Andy tomorrow at California Speedway. I wish I was a driver and not a spectator! Anybody else going tomorrow?
LAR
So how was it? Did you do the ride along?
Mark out

Mrs.Racer277
05-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Glad to hear you guys both had fun.
I can not imagine Sara still talking about it?!?!?!? ;) ;) J/K
As usual the pics are great. Thanks for sharing. :D

life's a river
05-15-2005, 09:46 PM
So how was it? Did you do the ride along?
Mark out
No ride along, Bummer, I had my 5 year old doughter with me and we could not stay too long due to company at the house. Watching was not as fun as it would be to drive. I think I would rather try the Skip Barber School. I like turning right and left!
LAR