PDA

View Full Version : Grammar Lessons A Must

Not So Fast
05-10-2005, 05:40 PM
Holy Crap Batman: I'm not saying I'm a smart guy but for God's sake some of these threads & replies are enough to make a third grade teacher turn over in the grave. I make mistakes for sure but trying to keep up with some of this spelling and train of thought requires a real effort! :rollside: NSF

mike37
05-10-2005, 05:43 PM
Holy Crap Batman: I'm not saying I'm a smart guy but for God's sake some of these threads & replies are enough to make a third grade teacher turn over in the grave. I make mistakes for sure but trying to keep up with some of this spelling and train of thought requires a real effort! :rollside: NSF
hey I resemble that remark :mad: :D

Kilrtoy
05-10-2005, 05:46 PM
Stop making fun of me......
Im getting better

Todd969
05-10-2005, 05:53 PM
And dammit Miguel, would you please put the "S" in Chatsworth. It's been driving me nuts for months. on a side note, I'm planning on showing up to Los Toros, wanna take the cobra for a spin?????

Nord
05-10-2005, 05:55 PM
<-----stupid :redface:

burtandnancy
05-10-2005, 05:56 PM
thank ewe

Not So Fast
05-10-2005, 05:59 PM
Stop making fun of me......
Im getting better
you are excused Kilr because Mrs Kilr is HOT :cool: NSF

coolchange
05-10-2005, 06:09 PM
And dammit Miguel, would you please put the "S" in Chatsworth. It's been driving me nuts for months. on a side note, I'm planning on showing up to Los Toros, wanna take the cobra for a spin?????
NO SHIT!!! I've been saving that one for a while. Los Toros? Man have some bean dip for me. :burningm:

MagicMtnDan
05-10-2005, 06:16 PM
Next thing I know your going to ax us sum questions bout speling too. I should of know better than to post hear cuz this threds' onely going to get me in truoble. :D
(I just wish folks knew the difference between "your" and "you're") :idea:

mike37
05-10-2005, 06:27 PM
Next thing I know your going to ax us sum questions bout speling too. I should of know better than to post hear cuz this threds' onely going to get me in truoble. :D
(I just wish folks knew the difference between "your" and "you're") :idea:
MagicMtnDan if you were talking with some one face to face
and they said you're an ass would you know if they spelled it right :idea:

GHTRIM
05-10-2005, 06:56 PM
Da problum is, is dat da spel chek don't work. Dats da fokin prob.. I is a lot smartr wif it workin.. :p

Froggystyle
05-10-2005, 07:05 PM
The last time someone posted a thread like this they spelled "Grammar" wrong in the title.

Mrs.Racer277
05-10-2005, 07:08 PM
I type fast and do not check cuz I am posting from work most of the time. :D I will work on it from now on. :rolleyes: :D

Mrs.Racer277
05-10-2005, 07:09 PM
The last time someone posted a thread like this they spelled "Grammar" wrong in the title.
LOL :D :D

Kilrtoy
05-10-2005, 07:21 PM
Trying to get me in trouble arent you......

Dusty Times
05-10-2005, 07:26 PM
Are you making fun of my peache impedumun?

HM
05-10-2005, 07:27 PM
Are you making fun of my peache impedumun?
Gimme back my staplur.

Rexone
05-10-2005, 07:27 PM
ahhh you been readin Hansons stuff huh :smile:

Kachina26
05-10-2005, 07:32 PM
I did that, but it wasn't a thread, just a post.

Kilrtoy
05-10-2005, 07:33 PM
That is because you posted it in SPANGLISH

Kachina26
05-10-2005, 07:37 PM
That is because you posted it in SPANGLISH
No habla the spanglish!
Heck, I don't even habla Hansen........................
"As far as stumped, I still seem to be replying to your nothings and you are stumped...get off that v-drive guy now, he will be riced soon..........( . )( . )........Just for you thats when you get a midget and need some release of that little bit of pent up anger......piss-ant! Ringleys is looking for a clown, make some extra bucks RiceBoy!

ClownRoyal
05-10-2005, 07:38 PM
OK...you're off the hook. Post is nothing. If it was an actual thread then we would have to hunt you down and gut you like a fish. :D

Kachina26
05-10-2005, 07:42 PM
OK...you're off the hook. Post is nothing. If it was an actual thread then we would have to hunt you down and gut you like a fish. :D
I think they just did that to Frenchie :messedup:

MagicMtnDan
05-10-2005, 08:00 PM
MagicMtnDan if you were talking with some one face to face
and they said you're an ass would you know if they spelled it right :idea:
And if I typed "running it hard in Beaumont" is a wannabe signature would you be able to read that? :messedup:

mike37
05-10-2005, 08:06 PM
And if I typed "running it hard in Beaumont" is a wannabe signature would you be able to read that? :messedup:
your just jealous :p

Havasu_Dreamin
05-10-2005, 08:30 PM
Hukt on fonicks wurkd fore mi. :2purples:

Mandelon
05-10-2005, 08:45 PM
A couple I notice regularly.....
The word etcetera is abbreviated with etc, not ect.
Voila is not walla.....
Its probably, not prolly.
I do admit to throwing in a gonna or dunno but it is done on purpose.
Its only the internet, not a resume. But I would have to agree that mispellings and poor grammar do reflect the reader's opinion of the writer.
I had a physics teacher in college who was absolutely brilliant, but he couldn't spell his way of a cardboard box....... :D

MagicMtnDan
05-10-2005, 09:05 PM
And it's could have NOT could of
A couple I notice regularly.....
The word etcetera is abbreviated with etc, not ect.
Voila is not walla.....
Its probably, not prolly.
I do admit to throwing in a gonna or dunno but it is done on purpose.
Its only the internet, not a resume. But I would have to agree that mispellings and poor grammar do reflect the reader's opinion of the writer.
I had a physics teacher in college who was absolutely brilliant, but he couldn't spell his way of a cardboard box....... :D

moneypit
05-10-2005, 09:23 PM
And it's could have, not could have. Capiltalizing in the middle of a sentence is also wrong. Now find my error. :D

phuggit
05-10-2005, 09:27 PM
There
Their
They're
:confused:

Rexone
05-10-2005, 09:28 PM
Sounds like me I spell ok sum of the time butt cant seem to get the context wright or member apostrophes have the time. You mean prolly isnt a word your ashitin me now wright.

Rexone
05-10-2005, 09:31 PM
Capiltalizing in the middle of a sentence is also wrong.
I Never do that. It's Always towards one end.

Rexone
05-10-2005, 09:32 PM
Hell I coulda told ya that.

mike37
05-11-2005, 05:44 AM
all that matters is if you can spell boat correctly

Not So Fast
05-11-2005, 06:32 AM
As I said, I'm not a smart guy but smart enough to ask my wife how to spell "Grammar". My spell check does not work on post's. NSF

boxscore
05-11-2005, 06:57 AM
I Love The Dumbasses Who Capitalize Every Word.

INSman
05-11-2005, 07:24 AM
I see TOO often, the word "to" used instead of "TOO" !! :D

HM
05-11-2005, 07:26 AM
....some of these threads & replies are enough to make a third grade teacher turn over in the grave. ... NSF
The problem is that these guys started "Running it hard" in boymont in the second grade.....you know how they do it. So, they never made it to third grade.....rumor has it that their second grade teachers are very proud. :D

Mrs Luvnlife
05-11-2005, 07:30 AM
H%^&$(*#*@& ate%^@#()*!_() ;ier*(&$%^%*(@!!!!!
:D :D :D
Hey BV....how are ya?? :)

Mandelon
05-11-2005, 07:31 AM
>>>>>>>DON'T BE DOGGING ON BEAUMONT<<<<<<<<< :hammerhea :wink:

HM
05-11-2005, 07:34 AM
>>>>>>>DON'T BE DOGGING ON BEAUMONT<<<<<<<<< :hammerhea :wink:
I dated this girl who asked me to kiss her where it stinks, so I took her to Beaumont.
fixed the grammar before I got quoted

uvindex
05-11-2005, 07:37 AM
I see the word "definitely" misspelled so often here that it is definitely disturbing. Just for fun, I searched for "definately" (the way it is most commonly misspelled around here) and got 500 hits! (There are probably way more, but I think the search function stops at 500.) :p
Remember folks, the word is definitely. :D

Mandelon
05-11-2005, 07:39 AM
Couple more,
tract home, not track home
duct tape, not duck tape

HM
05-11-2005, 07:42 AM
separate, not seperate

BowTie Rick
05-11-2005, 07:53 AM
And it's could have, not could have. Capiltalizing in the middle of a sentence is also wrong. Now find my error. :D
"It's" reflects possession such as "It's mine." "Its" is used to show the omission of letters such as "It is (its) hot today". Am I right?

uvindex
05-11-2005, 07:58 AM
"It's" reflects possession such as "It's mine." "Its" is used to show the omission of letters such as "It is (its) hot today". Am I right?Sorry, but you have it backwards.
It's is a contraction: It's hot today.
Its is possessive: The boat is old, and its CF numbers are falling off.

BowTie Rick
05-11-2005, 07:58 AM
Story of my life, 180 degrees out :hammerhea :crossx:

uvindex
05-11-2005, 08:00 AM
And it's could have, not could have. Capiltalizing in the middle of a sentence is also wrong. Now find my error. :DYour error is that you spelled "capitalizing" incorrectly. :p

BowTie Rick
05-11-2005, 08:07 AM
Your error is that you spelled "capitalizing" incorrectly. :p
Damn, totally missed that!

Not So Fast
05-11-2005, 08:44 AM
H%^&$(*#*@& ate%^@#()*!_() ;ier*(&$%^%*(@!!!!!
:D :D :D
Hey BV....how are ya?? :)
Doing pretty good, how about you?? Your Havi trip is coming pretty soon no?? Let us know and we'll hook it up. :p BV

Mrs Luvnlife
05-11-2005, 09:10 AM
Doing pretty good, how about you?? Your Havi trip is coming pretty soon no?? Let us know and we'll hook it up. :p BV
It is indeed! ;) We will definitely get with you before then and plan to hook up for sure!! :) We are doin good, trying to keep up with time...it's flyin by!! :hammer2:

Scream
05-11-2005, 11:00 AM
No offense peeps, but not livin in the greater LA basin, this last part of the question has me worried. It doesn't spit does it? :eek: :eek: :2purples:

Todd969
05-11-2005, 11:11 AM
"No offense peeps, but not livin in the greater LA basin, this last part of the question has me worried. It doesn't spit does it?"
With all that you've been through lately, I'm going to leave that alone. Hope all is getting better.

roostwear
05-11-2005, 11:14 AM
As I said, I'm not a smart guy but smart enough to ask my wife how to spell "Grammar". My spell check does not work on post's. NSF
Spellcheck wouldn't help on "post's". It's not a contraction or possessive, just plural.

Not So Fast
05-11-2005, 11:50 AM
Spellcheck wouldn't help on "post's". It's not a contraction or possessive, just plural.
AH-HAA, the third grade teacher arises (?Correct?) Like I said, I ask the wife but she is at the market. :D NSF

Froggystyle
05-11-2005, 09:51 PM
Why would funding something in the middle of a sentence be wrong?

MagicMtnDan
05-11-2005, 10:28 PM
And by the way, there is no such word as "supposably"
The word is "supposedly" :rollside: