PDA

View Full Version : Any fans of "24" on here???

Froggystyle
05-10-2005, 07:14 PM
I think this is hands-down the best show on TV. It is the only show I have ever altered my schedule to make sure I can watch. I leave work early to catch it every Monday.
Anyone see this week? Awesome!!!!

MagicMtnDan
05-10-2005, 07:19 PM
Good show but Deadwood and Carnivale (no longer on) are way better and the upcoming series "Rome" will be something else :cool:

shadow
05-10-2005, 07:20 PM
I think this is hands-down the best show on TV. It is the only show I have ever altered my schedule to make sure I can watch. I leave work early to catch it every Monday.
Anyone see this week? Awesome!!!!
Thought you were talking about another Revolution, (24' Trident) :D

DEEZ NUTTS
Love it! Seen every season.

MOBrien
getting ready to watch it on the Tivo....I'm gettin off this thread!
Best show on TV, hands down. We're hooked on LOST too, but 24 takes it.

FRENCHIE
uh sign me and Phat Matt up on that!!! He got me and the mrs watching it, bought us episode 1, we borrowed three adn only got two to get!! not mised once of ep 4 yet!!! :cool:

racecar.hotshoe
05-10-2005, 07:24 PM
Sh*t I thought he was talking about Jeff Gordon......... :2purples:

Goldilocks
05-10-2005, 07:27 PM
This show is by far the best show I have ever seen on TV!!!! Matt and I have watched it religiously since the 2nd season. I got the first season on DVD and watched that one recently as well. Just bought the 2nd season to watch again and am on hour 6 already.
Last night's episode was intense (as they all are) :)

77charger
05-10-2005, 07:38 PM
about the only tv i watch besides discoverys deadliest catch,and monster garage

CornWater
05-10-2005, 07:45 PM
uh sign me and Phat Matt up on that!!! He got me and the mrs watching it, bought us episode 1, we borrowed three adn only got two to get!! not mised once of ep 4 yet!!! :cool:
wow.. (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78823)

That Guy
05-10-2005, 07:51 PM
24 Rocks....we love Chloe...

Froggystyle
05-10-2005, 07:53 PM
If an American city actually gets nuked (after Jacks performance in season 3 with his boss I put nothing past him...) it will be officially the best show ever!
It is borderline reality too. They are a little more high-speed than we are with re-tasking satellites and such, but for the most part they play the tactical part pretty straight, and bring up some amazing quandries for Jack.
Killing Paul was huge... what a dillemma!!!!
Maybe I should have a final episode of 24 party in a couple of weeks...

Kilrtoy
05-10-2005, 07:53 PM
Im gonna have to disagree,
AMERICAN IDOL
Ok.....
DEADLYIST CATCH is great.....

Froggystyle
05-10-2005, 07:54 PM
24 Rocks....we love Chloe...
This is a crisis situation... I don't have time for your personality disorder Chloe!

JustMVG
05-10-2005, 07:56 PM
Have loved this show since it started, the wife and kids had not watched it until this season so we had to go and buy the dvd sets of seasons 1 2 and 3, they are now 24 junkies!!!
Had to love when Chloe told Jack she'd be there for him if he needed to talk, what a great look Jack gave her!!!!!

JustMVG
05-10-2005, 07:57 PM
After breaking all known rules Jack tells the Secret Service guy to trust him!!!
Bauer for President!!!!

Froggystyle
05-10-2005, 07:58 PM
Have loved this show since it started, the wife and kids had not watched it until this season so we had to go and buy the dvd sets of seasons 1 2 and 3, they are now 24 junkies!!!
Had to love when Chloe told Jack she'd be there for him if he needed to talk, what a great look Jack gave her!!!!!
I am with you on that look. I cracked up when they showed it.
Just a ".........what?" look.

Burley1
05-10-2005, 08:01 PM
Im gonna have to disagree,
AMERICAN IDOL
Ok.....
DEADLYIST CATCH is great.....
You must be F*#@ing kidding comparing 24 to idol. :mad:

Burley1
05-10-2005, 08:05 PM
I have been a 24 fan for years now, I was bored one day and the wife and kids were gone so I went to Blockbuster and rented the first 2 disc's of season 1. I got hooked and watched the whole first season straight thru.
I want your opinion on this, I think this season is the best to date, what do you guys think

Burley1
05-10-2005, 08:06 PM
This is a crisis situation... I don't have time for your personality disorder Chloe!
That was classic!! :D

Froggystyle
05-10-2005, 08:10 PM
I have been a 24 fan for years now, I was bored one day and the wife and kids were gone so I went to Blockbuster and rented the first 2 disc's of season 1. I got hooked and watched the whole first season straight thru.
I want your opinion on this, I think this season is the best to date, what do you guys think
Without a doubt. Bringing in the old President Palmer kicked ass too.
What a great storyline. The only "twist" that I have called so far was that Paul was going to get kicked out of ER to save the terrorist.

That Guy
05-10-2005, 08:28 PM
That was a laugh out loud moment.... :crossx:

H20 Toie
05-10-2005, 09:10 PM
I worked on the show on and off for the first three seasons and it sucked becuase i would find out part of what was going on before the shows aired but the people were great to work with. i missed the last 6 shows from last year so i have not watched any from this season but have them all on tivo it's just to addicting.

ShowSumSkin
05-10-2005, 09:28 PM
I got hooked last season and I never miss an episode!!!! :D

Phat Matt
05-10-2005, 09:48 PM
This show is by far the best show I have ever seen on TV!!!! Matt and I have watched it religiously since the 2nd season. I got the first season on DVD and watched that one recently as well. Just bought the 2nd season to watch again and am on hour 6 already.
Last night's episode was intense (as they all are) :)
I watched the first season but Jen didn't. She has watched it on DVD now. She refuses to believe that I watched the first season without her. She doesn't think it's possible. But anything is possible with Jack! :D
They have brought back most of the old key people. Now we need some of Kim getting out of a shower or something. ;)

OGShocker
05-10-2005, 09:54 PM
24 and TiVo were made for each other. We cover the 24 hours in 40 minutes. :D

Magic34
05-10-2005, 11:26 PM
Never miss an episode. The best show on TV.
Missle away, there is no way to stop that thing. A city is going down.

Not So Fast
05-11-2005, 06:03 AM
We have not missed one episode and Jack Bauer plays it like it should be played :cool: No BS, just get the job done and screw the rules!! Can't wait for the new show "OVER THERE" looks awesome. NSF

schiada96
05-11-2005, 06:57 AM
cool show

boater72
05-11-2005, 07:04 AM
Great show. Be a good two hours comming up!

BoatFloating
05-11-2005, 07:08 AM
Hi Edgar Stiles can I help you"....... "Edgar you don't have to say it's you we know who we're calling"
Great show....

LaveyJet
05-11-2005, 07:15 AM
Got hooked late, bought all the dvd's.
Favorite Jack Bauer quote'
"I'm going to need a hacksaw"

I Feel the Need...
05-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Never miss an episode. The best show on TV.
I agree... If you haven't seen #3 rent at blockbuster, it's #4 on STERIODS!

STV_Keith
05-11-2005, 08:01 AM
Never watched it unil this season. My roommate said he liked it, so we watched the season opener. I WAS IMMEDIATELY HOOKED.
I've seen every episode this season, and started season 1 on DVD this past weekend. Some focker is taking advantage of the Blockbuster "bring it back whenever" deal and I haven't been able to get disk 2 yet!
Great show though...Jack's the man.

Ducatista
05-11-2005, 08:46 AM
There are only two shows I got to catch each week...The Shield & 24! :cool:

AZKC
05-11-2005, 09:39 AM
Bowers a scrauny little bastard, but kicks some butt. Great show our Mondays rotate around it. :D

Froggystyle
05-11-2005, 09:44 AM
Two possible alternate scenarios in my mind...
The first, like in season one is that they are going to get telemetry on the missle and divert it somewhere where it only kills a million people, but mostly spares a city.
Second, I think they may smite the missle with Aegis or a missle defense system like the Patriot. That would be bad ass. If it is headed for Washington, the missle doesn't stand a chance against an Aegis ship parked at the Washington naval yard. Period. There is ALWAYS an Aegis cruiser at the Washington Naval Yard these days. If it is headed for something that is away from the major military centers or a port an Aegis cruiser may be in... a city is going down.
Either way... I can't wait for the next shows.

JustMVG
05-11-2005, 10:26 AM
I think the missle is running it hard towards Beaumont!!!!

AZKC
05-11-2005, 10:31 AM
The first, like in season one is that they are going to get telemetry on the missle and divert it somewhere where it only kills a million people, but mostly spares a city.
Second, I think they may smite the missle with Aegis or a missle defense system like the Patriot. That would be bad ass. If it is headed for Washington, the missle doesn't stand a chance against an Aegis ship parked at the Washington naval yard. Period. There is ALWAYS an Aegis cruiser at the Washington Naval Yard these days. If it is headed for something that is away from the major military centers or a port an Aegis cruiser may be in... a city is going down.
The missle to missle thing is do-able, but I'm going with the take over telemetry scenerio.

AquaBoogie
05-11-2005, 11:49 AM
Never watched an episode and they film it right around the corner from here.

Raskal
05-11-2005, 03:01 PM
i love that friggen show by far the best every on tv
its like crack cocaine you watch one and you can't stop :D

Stealth Marine
05-11-2005, 04:50 PM
Absolutely LOVE the show, but I NEVER watch any of it on TV.
I wait till the whole season is out on DVD, then sit down and watch all 24 episodes in a single day marathon with the whole family.!
Awesome way to spend a day.

JustMVG
05-11-2005, 08:25 PM
What about the Airborne Laser System just happens to be in the air, remember this is 24, and takes out the missile. Or maybe Chloe will get that assault rifle and blow the thing away.

Froggystyle
05-12-2005, 07:54 AM
What about the Airborne Laser System just happens to be in the air, remember this is 24, and takes out the missile. Or maybe Chloe will get that assault rifle and blow the thing away.
My guess is still in the two earlier scenarios. I hope a city gets it though. Jack will be unstoppable next season. Carte Blanche... open season on booger eaters.

boater72
05-12-2005, 09:00 AM
My guess is still in the two earlier scenarios. I hope a city gets it though. Jack will be unstoppable next season. Carte Blanche... open season on booger eaters.
Next season will be all about China I would think.

JustMVG
05-12-2005, 02:57 PM
Well we don't know whats happened to the guy who programmed the bomb, the boyfriend, maybe he'll turn and get the missle headed for the Chinese Embassy, now that would be a twist.
Will Tony and Michelle make up?
Will we see Kim Bauer running by the end of the season?
How many more rules can Jaack break

Froggystyle
05-17-2005, 07:03 AM
Well, other than the weak premise that somehow the magic missle can fly 1800 miles without refueling at 600 miles/hour...
What a show!!! Jack kicks ass.

AZKC
05-17-2005, 07:10 AM
Decent show but kind of blah blah blah :cool: The 2 hour finale should be something. That Morwan guy has more people than CTU sneaking around :eek:

Froggystyle
05-17-2005, 07:20 AM
Decent show but kind of blah blah blah :cool: The 2 hour finale should be something. That Morwan guy has more people than CTU sneaking around :eek:
Yeah, I think he would have had a bigger problem maintaining secrecy.
One thing we have learned from this episode... CTU needs to get a lot better at securing a perimeter. Not to mention, but with 15+ people in the area, a helicopter and a SWAT team... CTU does an opposed room entry with 2 people???? I wouldn't clear a phone booth with two people.

boater72
05-17-2005, 07:27 AM
Yeah, I think he would have had a bigger problem maintaining secrecy.
One thing we have learned from this episode... CTU needs to get a lot better at securing a perimeter. Not to mention, but with 15+ people in the area, a helicopter and a SWAT team... CTU does an opposed room entry with 2 people???? I wouldn't clear a phone booth with two people.
I would have to agree with this one. And you think they would learn by now never put your gun down. :rolleyes:

Phat Matt
05-17-2005, 07:52 AM
Tony and Michelle are about to live happily ever after...too bad he's going to die.

I Feel the Need...
05-17-2005, 07:56 AM
Tony and Michelle are about to live happily ever after...too bad he's going to die.
I read that She will try and commit suicide...

Phat Matt
05-17-2005, 03:12 PM
Well we have 2 more years...
Tue May 17, 8:37 AM ET
NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - After several weeks of negotiations, Fox Broadcasting Co. has sealed a deal to bring back real-time political thriller "24" for two more seasons.
The network has also given a last-minute renewal to reigning best-comedy Emmy winner "Arrested Development," which has been on the bubble since the network cut back the show's second-season order in the spring because of underwhelming ratings.
Both shows are produced by Fox's News Corp. sibling, 20th Century Fox TV, and Imagine TV, the small-screen arm of Ron Howard and Brian Grazer's Imagine Entertainment.
While there has been a lot of buzz about "Arrested Development" getting a short order for next season, Fox's decision to pick up a full-season, 22-episode order of the quirky series, comes as somewhat of a surprise.
"'Arrested Development' is one of the best comedies on television," Fox's recently appointed entertainment president Peter Liguori said. "The decision to order another season becomes easy when you consider its amazing cast, creative brilliance, critical acclaim and advertiser appeal."
In addition to its returning series, Fox, which will announce its fall schedule Thursday at City Center Theater, will present to advertisers its new shows for next season, the comedies "Kitchen Confidential" and "The War at Home" and the dramas "Reunion," "Head Cases," "Bones" and "Deviant Behavior."
Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

MOBrien
05-17-2005, 03:16 PM
last nights episode sucked big time! Been watching 24 since the beginning and it was by far the most disappointing hour yet.
I'm glad Tony's gonna get a bullet .......I'm sick of his whispering anyway. :D

DEEZ NUTTS
05-17-2005, 03:23 PM
Ya just know its gonna happen after Tony and Michelle goo-goo and ga-ga all over each other. But then maybe you are supposed to think that he is gonna get it.

Froggystyle
05-23-2005, 08:04 AM
Taking off work early today to catch this episode.
I am so pumped. The trailers have been really good so far.

JustMVG
05-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Try this link and get even more pumped,
http://www.fox.com/24/video/24_423_hi.asx
:D

NashvilleBound
05-23-2005, 08:35 AM
I will get it two hours before you west coasters...I would be happy to post whats going on if you want it early..... :D :D :D
Nashville 'Magic Boy' Bound

Phat Matt
05-23-2005, 10:21 AM
I will get it two hours before you west coasters...I would be happy to post whats going on if you want it early..... :D :D :D
Nashville 'Magic Boy' Bound
If you want to be banned, go ahead. :D

Froggystyle
05-23-2005, 10:52 AM
If anyone in San Diego wants to see it in HD, come on over. There will be drinking and hooting all night I am sure. Big screen (Thanks Roz) and richter stereo (thanks again Roz ;) )

HBjet
05-23-2005, 11:16 AM
Love this show!
Watched the very first episode of season one just to see how the hell they are going to have a show take place in a 24 hour period and each episode would be 1 hour. Hooked!!! The rest of season one I never took calls or anything. Everyone knew not to bother me during 24. Never missed a single episode and with Tivo it makes it much easier... I will Tivo the shows even when I'm home and just start watching 15 minutes late so I can fast forward the commercials.
These last few episodes have been good, but not there greatest. Can't wait for tonight's... Bringing back David Palmer was great! His presence was needed on this show...
I think its great people are getting hooked, but I can't imagine watching season 2, 3 or 4 without watching season 1 first. People that ask me about it and ask if they should start watching... I tell them to rent all of the DVD's first, watch it in order until your caught up to what's current. I think by watching season one, it just helps you better understand Jack...
HBjet

NashvilleBound
05-23-2005, 04:56 PM
Ok...no hints but its a PRETTY DAMN GOOD EPISODE!!! And it doesnt hurt the terrorist is smokin hot!

Bense468
05-23-2005, 05:00 PM
My brother should be on the show tonight. If it didn't get cut. there is a jag that explodes and he is the hose man with the fire dept putting it out.

NashvilleBound
05-23-2005, 05:02 PM
My brother should be on the show tonight. If it didn't get cut. there is a jag that explodes and he is the hose man with the fire dept putting it out.
It showed a bunch of firefighters...I might have it on tape.... what a twisting episode

Froggystyle
05-23-2005, 05:17 PM
SAY NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blah blah blah blah blah.... I can't hear you!!!!!

NashvilleBound
05-23-2005, 05:23 PM
SAY NOTHING ELSE!!!!!!!!!!!!
Blah blah blah blah blah.... I can't hear you!!!!!
Promise...besides, I can barely see straight....I am crying so hard....

Froggystyle
05-23-2005, 05:39 PM
Promise...besides, I can barely see straight....I am crying so hard....
Yeah... buyers remorse has that effect on people... ;)

Phat Matt
05-23-2005, 10:05 PM
Poor Jack. He always gets the shit end of the stick. :(

HBjet
05-24-2005, 12:15 AM
Poor Jack. He always gets the shit end of the stick. :(
Man what a good and shitty ending...
I think they need to do a new season of 24 this summer, but this time it show's Jack at some tropical island where he can actually relax, bang a few girls, have a few drinks, and maybe kill a dumb tourist or something along they way for kicks!
I still love how he goes to Audrey seeking her back... Probably thinking "I know I killed your husband a few hours ago, but do you think we can share a cup of coffee in the morning?"
So, is Jack coming back, or is that it for his character? And who wanted to see Michelle blow her brains out in her SUV?
HBjet

NashvilleBound
05-24-2005, 02:49 AM
Yeah... buyers remorse has that effect on people... ;)
LOL....uh, ya. Why is it all the guys on the show whisper? My son and I started whisper talking like they do while the show was on......it was pretty damn funny.

JustMVG
05-24-2005, 09:36 AM
Got an inside line on the 5th season, Jack will be seen as one of the Minutemen scowering the border for illegals, i can hear it now A screaming Jack, is there any other, "put the Pancho DOWNNOW!!!!!

Froggystyle
05-24-2005, 10:12 AM
OK... stand by for my opinion.
This show just got amazing. Think about it. Jack is now dead. He is officially above the law. No recourse, no trail of custody to worry about. In case of war, break glass.
Anybody here a Tom Clancy fan? We just got ourselves a new John Clark. John Clark is what happened after John Kelly, (a retired SEAL I might add ;) ) got "killed" in an accident.
No recourse for his actions, nobody to take a fall. He is a ghost, and is going to be amazing at it. He will be available to Bill at CTU, President Palmer and a few others, Tony and Michelle to name a couple.
Jack just got bad ass. He is going to be like Kung Fu!

All IN
05-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Best show in TV. Come on Fox I can't wait til January for new shows. :)

JustMVG
05-24-2005, 11:20 AM
OK... stand by for my opinion.
This show just got amazing. Think about it. Jack is now dead. He is officially above the law. No recourse, no trail of custody to worry about. In case of war, break glass.
Anybody here a Tom Clancy fan? We just got ourselves a new John Clark. John Clark is what happened after John Kelly, (a retired SEAL I might add ;) ) got "killed" in an accident.
No recourse for his actions, nobody to take a fall. He is a ghost, and is going to be amazing at it. He will be available to Bill at CTU, President Palmer and a few others, Tony and Michelle to name a couple.
Jack just got bad ass. He is going to be like Kung Fu!
YUP!!! Totally agree, but do you think the Chinese will demand an Autopsy be performed? Season 5 is just 6 months away, the waiting for season 5 of 24 will be worse than waiting for the Soprano's , will it be this year or next? Does anyone know

JustMVG
06-27-2005, 07:01 PM
Wasn't able to post this then but here it is now. I guess i am a true fan!!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85mvgctu-med.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/85mvgctu2-med.jpg

STV_Keith
06-28-2005, 08:24 AM
This show ROCKS! Season 4 is the first one I watched...totally hooked.
Since Season 4 ended, I have already rented and watched Seasons 1 & 2, and I'm 1/2 way through Season 3.
I must also say, I think I'm in lust for Elisha Cuthbert. JEEZ, what a hottie!
Oh, and Froggy, you ever read anything by Patrick Robinson?

Froggystyle
06-28-2005, 05:31 PM
This show ROCKS! Season 4 is the first one I watched...totally hooked.
Since Season 4 ended, I have already rented and watched Seasons 1 & 2, and I'm 1/2 way through Season 3.
I must also say, I think I'm in lust for Elisha Cuthbert. JEEZ, what a hottie!
Oh, and Froggy, you ever read anything by Patrick Robinson?
No. Who is he?
I just bought season 1 and am halfway through it. The first guy's plan has fallen through and Jack just got away from the burning van.
Don't worry about Elisha... she makes runny eggs.

STV_Keith
06-29-2005, 06:57 AM
No. Who is he?
Don't worry about Elisha... she makes runny eggs.
http://www.patrickrobinson.com/
He writes ficitional technical novels. Mainly dealing with submarine warfare, SEALS, etc. I think you'd like his stuff. Particularly "The Shark Mutiny" which has a lot of text about a SEAL team and it's mission.
He's very technical, like Clancy, which is what I like.
Now, Elisha, who cares about the eggs! She's yummy!
http://www.elisha-cuthbert.com/images/24se111_jpg.jpg

JustMVG
06-29-2005, 07:48 AM
There's a video game of 24 coming out later this year, you get to be Jack, it will be for the PS2 game system.

I Feel the Need...
06-29-2005, 07:49 AM
I'm so hooked I bought seasons 1,2,3... :220v:

Froggystyle
06-29-2005, 10:02 AM
There's a video game of 24 coming out later this year, you get to be Jack, it will be for the PS2 game system.
So it is a game where you are a highly trained and respected spec-ops/field work agent in a high level government position, responsible for numerous classified and extremely sensitive world policy changing decisions while having a hot line to Presidents and a lethal team of operatives at your disposal...
But you are thwarted at every turn by a top heavy bureaucracy that is too busy covering their own asses to do what is right, and wants you in prison for every action?
Sounds stupid... ;)
I think the best part about last season's turn of events was that Jack is officially outside of the scope of influence for these policy making turds. He will be a phantom from now on...
I can't wait.

Froggystyle
07-19-2005, 03:58 PM
OK.... I just finished season one.
OMG!!!!!!
I need the second season before I start going into withdrawls...

Magic34
07-19-2005, 04:12 PM
OK.... I just finished season one.
OMG!!!!!!
I need the second season before I start going into withdrawls...
Finished Season 1 about a week and a half ago. I watched the first 2 episodes of season 2 last night.
This is by far, the best show on TV.

STV_Keith
07-19-2005, 05:05 PM
Neeedddd....24.......havvvvvinggg.....withdddddrra llws.....ccccc'monnnnn FOX!

locogringo
07-19-2005, 05:29 PM
NE body, I have all three seasons and am anxiously anticipating the fourth. Anybody know when it is going to be released on DVD?
If there is someone who wants to "loan" the first three seasons, let me know. I truly believe it is one of the best shows ever.
Daniel