PDA

View Full Version : No Takers on my ESSEX for Sale?

mtndewdrops
05-11-2005, 07:24 AM
There is no finer ESSEX Sterling available right now....I thought I would give fellow Hot Boaters a chance before it comes out in the Boat Trader on Friday. See my SPAM on Hot Boats forum.
Last Chance.... :D

Beer-30
05-11-2005, 07:50 AM
I usually know a few peeps looking for floatation, but all the ones right now are looking at 25s and up. I'll spread the word to anyone looking. Good luck with your sale.
Stay in touch with Keith Sayre. He knows everyone selling and looking for boats.

mtndewdrops
05-11-2005, 09:00 AM
I usually know a few peeps looking for floatation, but all the ones right now are looking at 25s and up. I'll spread the word to anyone looking. Good luck with your sale.
Stay in touch with Keith Sayre. He knows everyone selling and looking for boats.
I should have known that everyone wants a bigger boat...naturally.

Keith E. Sayre
05-11-2005, 09:14 AM
While it may seem like everyone at Havasu has a 28 to 30' offshore or cat,
the 21' to 23' open bow is still the best seller in the western United States.
The Essex name is as popular as any in this area when it comes to resale
you should sell that boat quickly. They get good money too!
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats

Beer-30
05-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Keith Sayre
Conquest Boats
Very True!
If you can, try to target the west coast. Especially northern CA. They like smaller boats to maneuver the Delta and there are not many open bows there. It's like they've never heard of an open bow. It should be appealing to folks up that way.

Essex502
05-11-2005, 11:20 AM
Dennis - make sure you advertise on BoatTraderOnline.com as well as the print version. I've sold mine that way.

mtndewdrops
05-11-2005, 07:30 PM
Thanks Keith, I was hoping to sell it to a fellow HB'er. I am confident that the next owner will be as thrilled to have it as I am. The first one to look at it will buy it.
Dennis - make sure you advertise on BoatTraderOnline.com as well as the print version. I've sold mine that way.
I get a free on-line ad with the print version, I went with the large ad for two weeks to get more verbage.

JetBoatRich
05-11-2005, 08:49 PM
You get no offers :notam: I will give you a hundred bucks for it :D

Coleitis22
05-11-2005, 08:55 PM
There is no finer ESSEX Sterling available right now....I thought I would give fellow Hot Boaters a chance before it comes out in the Boat Trader on Friday. See my SPAM on Hot Boats forum.
Last Chance.... :D
Sorry. You should not have bought a boat that has green. Bad color and bad for resale.

mtndewdrops
05-11-2005, 09:00 PM
Sorry. You should not have bought a boat that has green. Bad color and bad for resale.
Dude, opinions are like assholes...everybody has one and most of them stink :yuk: ANYWAY the boat has purple also and those colors together ROCK
Green also happens to be my favorite color.
Thanks JBR for the back-up offer.

duffster
05-12-2005, 05:47 AM
Dude, opinions are like assholes...everybody has one and most of them stink :yuk: ANYWAY the boat has purple also and those colors together ROCK
What's wrong with GREEN??????????? I think it looks great. He's just bummed it's not PINK.

MagicMtnDan
05-12-2005, 06:21 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/672ShittyThingToSay.jpg

Coleitis22
05-12-2005, 06:55 AM
Very True!
If you can, try to target the west coast. Especially northern CA. They like smaller boats to maneuver the Delta and there are not many open bows there. It's like they've never heard of an open bow. It should be appealing to folks up that way.
Thanks, trying to pawn off a green boat to us Nor Cal folk. We are resistant to certain color combos for resale purposes. Green is one, flames and tribal graphics are another.

Beer-30
05-12-2005, 03:28 PM
Thanks, trying to pawn off a green boat to us Nor Cal folk. We are resistant to certain color combos for resale purposes. Green is one, flames and tribal graphics are another.
I should've been more pacific. BAY AREA personnel genitally do the closed bow, whatever color (doesn't matter), 18-23 foot, small-block boats. Not much room for storage around there, and they often don't have a large rig to pull bigger boats with.
I haven't figured out why they don't opt for the open bow more often? I'm just thinking your open bow model would be a hit around there. Maybe they just don't see what else is out there?

Dave C
05-12-2005, 03:37 PM
sure there is plenty of storage. Its just so expensive that it would be cheaper to rent a house and park it in the living room. :notam:
BTW no open bows.... thats not true..... 9/10 boats in Norcal are comp ski boats. Most of them come with open bows.....
but since you were talking about hot boats and comp ski boats aren't hot boats you are technically correct, since there are barely any newer hot boats up here. :squiggle:
I should've been more pacific. BAY AREA personnel genitally do the closed bow, whatever color (doesn't matter), 18-23 foot, small-block boats. Not much room for storage around there, and they often don't have a large rig to pull bigger boats with.
I haven't figured out why they don't opt for the open bow more often? I'm just thinking your open bow model would be a hit around there. Maybe they just don't see what else is out there?

Beer-30
05-12-2005, 03:50 PM
sure there is plenty of storage. Its just so expensive that it would be cheaper to rent a house and park it in the living room. :notam:
BTW no open bows.... thats not true..... 9/10 boats in Norcal are comp ski boats. Most of them come with open bows.....
but since you were talking about hot boats and comp ski boats aren't hot boats you are technically correct, since there are barely any newer hot boats up here. :squiggle:
Once again, I should have been more pacific ;) . There are alot of tourny boats up there and most only come open. Which is great.
My info comes from a family members friend that has a 1999 Advantage 21 with a 502. First of all, it's a jet. Second of all, it's a jet! Third, it's closed bow. He was griping because he was trying to sell it. He advertised in central CA and southern CA, but no bites. He said they all wanted open bows. DUH!

JetBoatRich
05-12-2005, 07:13 PM
No problem, offer still stands :idea:
I have no problems with the colors :supp:

cola
05-12-2005, 08:30 PM
Crawl back under that rock. The sun is fu*king up your speech.
Late, Mike

cola
05-12-2005, 08:37 PM
No problem, offer still stands :idea:
I have no problems with the colors :supp:
Rich, you'd like this boat. You can leave in the AM with 1/2 tank of fuel & return in the PM with 3/4's. Very good on the gas. It's clean also.
I'll try & make lunch on Wed. this time.
Late, Mike

Coleitis22
05-12-2005, 08:42 PM
Crawl back under that rock. The sun is fu*king up your speech.
Late, Mike
Sorry Bubba, My speech is fine, must be your level of interpretation. Perhaps I should talk on "So Cal" lingo like , Yo Dude or O my gawd. Seems the Julio in you has taken over.

cola
05-13-2005, 04:19 AM
[QUOTE=Coleitis22]Sorry Bubba, My speech is fine, must be your level of interpretation. Perhaps I should talk on "So Cal" lingo like , Yo Dude or O my gawd. Seems the Julio in you has taken over.[/
I'll make this eazy for you. If you don't have anything nice to say. Fu*k off.
Late, Mike

Beer-30
05-13-2005, 08:58 AM
Nice, way to go Coleitis. Screwing up some guys thread about trying to sell a nice boat. Go hit the bong, chill out, and check on your crop.

cola
05-13-2005, 06:39 PM
Don't forget they hate flames & tribal graphics. That about covers all west coast customs. :cry:

Beer-30
05-13-2005, 06:43 PM
Don't forget they hate flames & tribal graphics. That about covers all west coast customs. :cry:
I 'spose you hate checkers too. Don't be hate'n. :cool:

cola
05-13-2005, 08:17 PM
It's not me doing the hate'n, it's Coleitis22. I like the boat, it used to be mine. :wink: I sold it to Dennis.
Late, Mike

Beer-30
05-13-2005, 09:21 PM
It's not me doing the hate'n, it's Coleitis22. I like the boat, it used to be mine. :wink: I sold it to Dennis.
Late, Mike
Cool.
Yeah, colonitis got a little spun over some guy selling a green boat. :confused:

JetBoatRich
05-14-2005, 05:21 AM
Rich, you'd like this boat. You can leave in the AM with 1/2 tank of fuel & return in the PM with 3/4's. Very good on the gas. It's clean also.
I'll try & make lunch on Wed. this time.
Late, Mike
Sounds good, I will be there this week :wink:

Coleitis22
05-14-2005, 06:54 AM
Actually, hard to believe, coming from me and my Bong, I like your boat. It looks clean.

Coleitis22
05-14-2005, 06:59 AM
In the last day, he's insulted green boats, kids and Mexicans. Talk about being on a roll.
Guess that is why we are leaving Calif. Too many of the aformentioned has ruined this state.

Coleitis22
05-14-2005, 07:06 AM
My apology, Too many Bong hits. Good luck selling your boat. Seems green on a boat is like having an ole lady with a giant mole on her face. It never goes away and bothers the hell out of you. Fortunately I never have had either one. But that is just my opinion.

Beer-30
05-14-2005, 06:03 PM
Your opinion came out as a bash against a nice guy trying hard to sell a nice boat. There are just other ways you can word your opinion. That's all.
Thanks for the comment on mine. I appreciate that. Hopefully checkers is one of those things that never really "goes out". :messedup:

Beer-30
05-14-2005, 08:12 PM
Don't let Blythe hit you in the ass on the way out. Good riddance.
Yikes.