PDA

View Full Version : Do you drive any differantly?

Boozer
05-12-2005, 08:30 AM
I'm just curious to find out if anyone else has changed their driving habits since all these Freeway shootings have been occuring. I know I am a little more curteous and don't cut people off or tailgate EVER anymore.

Boozer
05-12-2005, 08:35 AM
It's unfortunate that it took freeway shootings to make that possible.
Not like it was an every day thing. But driving in Orange County all the time it sometimes happens. I just make an effort now to not allow it to happen.

LAFD
05-12-2005, 08:35 AM
I Look In My Mirrors Alot More.

Boozer
05-12-2005, 08:38 AM
I just noticed that I misspelled differently anyone know how to edit a subject?

NOTALENT
05-12-2005, 08:38 AM
If I carried my piece I would def. shoot back, but I dont..I drive the same..but if it were to happen u can damn well believe im gonna run that mother F'er off the road and I wont stop till he is dead!

HM
05-12-2005, 08:41 AM
Nope...I still drive like a bat outa hell.

racecar.hotshoe
05-12-2005, 08:43 AM
All I can say is if they shot me they better kill me.Cause 20 years of racing has taught me a few things about spining someone out..... :D

riverbound
05-12-2005, 08:44 AM
I now drive around looking for the mother f*cker. I will run his ass of the road and then say it was a self inflicted gun wound :D

lucky
05-12-2005, 08:47 AM
NOPE JUST GO ROLLIN WITH MY POSSE AND A PIECE :D

Mrs.charitycase
05-12-2005, 09:15 AM
I drive the same...I drive too fast, but I don't tailgate and I try not to cut people off for those exact reasons. I don't trust other people. I don't pack. And I don't need to deal with the drama before I get where I am going. I have been cutoff and tailgated, I have to admit tailgating...I could care less.....I don't brake check... Cutting me off pisses me the f*ck off!!!!

Captain Dan
05-12-2005, 09:21 AM
Cover me, I'm changing lanes!
Isn't California great? It used to be you could stop on the side of the road and have a little fist-of-cuffs to settle road rage.

RiverOtter
05-12-2005, 09:29 AM
Not much of a problem with that over here but I rarely ever blow my horn. I'd rather avoid the accident then spend my time blowing the horn and get every mad. :cool:

PlyaPlya22
05-12-2005, 10:08 AM
I pretty much stay pissed off these days. So I am ready for an ignorant FOCKER!!! :D

sorry dog
05-12-2005, 11:34 AM
Sounds more efficient to me.

racecar.hotshoe
05-12-2005, 11:42 AM
Just an observation and some good advice.
1. 95% of you drive like sh*t with the cell phone in your ear, your head up your ass, and your brain on hold.
2. Outside a few of our LEO's on this board, YOU don't have a clue about 'right of way' AND who has it.
3.turn indicators. learn what they are for.
4.following distance, and it's purpose.
5. The laws of physics.
6. Most of you DO NOT even have a clue what the markings on the highway mean. (lines, thick, thin, spacing, signs, etc.)
7.COMMON SENSE
And last but not least, COMMON COURTESY !
I don't get paid to be your teacher so I'll leave that to KILR BUT Momma always said "those lil boys and girls that don't listen and learn HAVE TO FEEL!"
I hope that instead of getting your ignorant snoots in a tizzy, you heed my words and think about it cuz it just may save your (your kids maybe) lives.
Rio
Is it that time of the month................................. :D :D

sorry dog
05-12-2005, 11:45 AM
It's not that I don't know the rules of the road... it's just more fun to break them on occasion. I have a game where I try to double the yellow recommended speed sign on curves. :)

Ziggy
05-12-2005, 11:47 AM
1. 95% of you drive like sh*t with the cell phone in your ear, your head up your ass, and your brain on hold.
2. Outside a few of our LEO's on this board, YOU don't have a clue about 'right of way' AND who has it.
5. The laws of physics.
6. Most of you DO NOT even have a clue what the markings on the highway mean. (lines, thick, thin, spacing, signs, etc.)
7.COMMON SENSE
I don't get paid to be your teacher so I'll leave that to KILR BUT Momma always said "those lil boys and girls that don't listen and learn HAVE TO FEEL!"
I hope that instead of getting your ignorant snoots in a tizzy, you heed my words and think about it cuz it just may save your (your kids maybe) lives.
Rio
All great points but you left off one that usually is the cause of alot of problems.
1) Leave your house early or at least on time....alleveates the need to rush and be frustrated. Bad choices are made when you are in pissy mood and late.

phebus
05-12-2005, 11:50 AM
Faster than a speeding bullet!!

HM
05-12-2005, 11:52 AM
5. The laws of physics.
7.COMMON SENSE
Rio
Are you still pissed about when I passed you by crossing the double double yellow into the car pool lane within a few feet of your bumper while I was talking on the phone, eating a burger and driving with my knee and didn't signal? Atleast I slowed down to 110 and threw you the shocker. :) :) :) :)

PHOTOGLOU
05-12-2005, 12:02 PM
It's not that I don't know the rules of the road... it's just more fun to break them on occasion. I have a game where I try to double the yellow recommended speed sign on curves. :)
I just got a ticket for that by a CHPPIE that knew of me. 1st ticket in 7 years so chaulk it up to oh well.

LHC30Victory
05-12-2005, 12:14 PM
I have always tried to be calm and save while driving my own car/truck but at work the rules change.....
I would always have shot back so that option in the poll is a moot one.....
I get my satisfaction this way:
This morning I was driving along the 210 in the right hand lane going to work. Traffic was moving at about 30ish and slowing at times so I was about 2 car lengths back in my new truck ( did I mention Jay was wonderful to deal with?). Just past an on ramp gore point I see a car flying up the on ramp and not even looking for a spot to PROPERLY merge into. She (sorry, it's the facts) drove in the emergency lane for about 200 ft before she finally got to my truck and then proceeded to try to squeeze me out. I kept my speed and distance and she kept coming closer till I began to honk. She looked at me, moved up a little and moved over into my truck! I had enough room to avoid a collision and let her in.
Well, I'm fuming (read REALLY PISSED OFF) but I kept my distance and just chalked it up to AXXholes until (there is a traffic GOD) she got off in my town. So, I did the right thing - I turned on my radio and asked some friends who drive BMW m/c's to come meet my new friend. She wasn't happy getting a ticket :220v: - but I shure was! :yuk:

Ziggy
05-12-2005, 12:39 PM
I have always tried to be calm and save while driving my own car/truck but at work the rules change.....
This morning I was driving along the 210 in the right hand lane going to work. Traffic was moving at about 30ish and slowing at times so I was about 2 car lengths back in my new truck ( did I mention Jay was wonderful to deal with?). Just past an on ramp gore point I see a car flying up the on ramp and not even looking for a spot to PROPERLY merge into. She (sorry, it's the facts) drove in the emergency lane for about 200 ft before she finally got to my truck and then proceeded to try to squeeze me out. I kept my speed and distance and she kept coming closer till I began to honk. She looked at me, moved up a little and moved over into my truck! I had enough room to avoid a collision and let her in.
Well, I'm fuming (read REALLY PISSED OFF) but I kept my distance and just chalked it up to AXXholes until (there is a traffic GOD) she got off in my town. So, I did the right thing - I turned on my radio and asked some friends who drive BMW m/c's to come meet my new friend. She wasn't happy getting a ticket :220v: - but I shure was! :yuk:
She obviously didn't read the "common courtesy" line on her test......I agree, I dislike people who think they are more special than you...but again, she probably left the house late for work.

Dave C
05-12-2005, 01:37 PM
You L.A. folks do know that you drive like a bunch of lunatics right???.....
actually I look forward to it when I come visit. Its quite exciting to say the least.
My neighborhood has a bunch of old folks and adults that just got their license 6 months ago.... talk about rookies with diminished skills. Its like being on the road with a bunch of 16 year olds. :burningm:
If I had the choice between lunatics and rookies, I'd take the lunatics.

LHC30Victory
05-12-2005, 07:38 PM
Rio, I too thought about having an accident that may be her fault, but I dont want to take the time to get things fixed and the general hassle. I will take the right fight but on my terms and others should do the same.

cola
05-12-2005, 07:43 PM
As good of time as any to post the 1000's. I put those cars in the fence, and the ones that think the fast lane ends after they merge in. Fu*k them.
Late, Mike

Perfect Mixer
05-12-2005, 08:45 PM
I drive the same...I drive too fast, but I don't tailgate and I try not to cut people off for those exact reasons. I don't trust other people. I don't pack. And I don't need to deal with the drama before I get where I am going. I have been cutoff and tailgated, I have to admit tailgating...I could care less.....I don't brake check... Cutting me off pisses me the f*ck off!!!!
Ditto here! I used to commute through the 5 - 55 transistion every day, but changed jobs and commute the 405 now. Not as many bullets flying

INSman
05-12-2005, 10:01 PM
Great story !! :wink: