PDA

View Full Version : Chattanooga's New Riverfront!

RiverOtter
05-13-2005, 11:29 AM
Thought y'all might enjoy some pics
http://www.nooga.com/051305waterspout.jpg

Craig
05-13-2005, 12:48 PM
I was just back your way in Oak Ridge this week, man was it green and beautiful! I do wonder about the rivers though :D
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/stuff/Catfish.JPG
Craig

NashvilleBound
05-13-2005, 01:03 PM
You came back to our area and didnt call???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: We could have gone for a ride on the lake in my......uh....oh...THATS WHY YOU DIDNT CALL :( :(
That picture is not off one of the local lakes....at least not one I have seen. The water out here is as clean as I have ever seen!

Rev. Williams
05-13-2005, 01:16 PM
Thought y'all might enjoy some pics
http://www.nooga.com/051305waterspout.jpg
Now that looks a lot nicer then The Road Runner or the beaches of La Paz :D :D
But how are they with public nudity ??? :D :D

Rev. Williams
05-13-2005, 01:33 PM
Where do you park your boat?
I guess maybe under the fountains...... Kinda like a mini boat wash :confused:

RiverOtter
05-13-2005, 03:00 PM
I was just back your way in Oak Ridge this week, man was it green and beautiful! I do wonder about the rivers though :D
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/stuff/Catfish.JPG
Craig
LMAO!! Yes don't eat the fish. Something about "heavy metals" :rolleyes: That is a partial pic of the new waterfront in down town Nooga. TN river runs throught the middle.

RiverOtter
05-13-2005, 03:01 PM
Now that looks a lot nicer then The Road Runner or the beaches of La Paz :D :D
But how are they with public nudity ??? :D :D
Public nudity.... Not cool. We, unfortunately do have a "fun police" issue here :wink:

RiverOtter
05-13-2005, 03:02 PM
Where do you park your boat?
I will take more pics tomorrow. Looking at those steps there is hundreds of feet of tie up along that pier. I bet you could eaisly tie up 200+ boats without double birthing :cool: And it's free ;)

RiverOtter
05-13-2005, 03:03 PM
You came back to our area and didnt call???? :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: We could have gone for a ride on the lake in my......uh....oh...THATS WHY YOU DIDNT CALL :( :(
That picture is not off one of the local lakes....at least not one I have seen. The water out here is as clean as I have ever seen!
That's ok big guy... You can always ride on my POS Chappy :D

NashvilleBound
05-13-2005, 06:04 PM
That's ok big guy... You can always ride on my POS Chappy :D
I would if we would ever get invited..... :hammerhea Sounds like mine should be one schedule even with the ....uh...confusion....3 weeks to go...

RiverOtter
05-13-2005, 06:14 PM
I would if we would ever get invited..... :hammerhea Sounds like mine should be one schedule even with the ....uh...confusion....3 weeks to go...
Come over tomorrow. :idea: We have a ball game at 7:30 then off to the lazer and fireworks show at the riverfront which is less than 1 mile from my POS house. :cool:

NashvilleBound
05-14-2005, 04:17 AM
Come over tomorrow. :idea: We have a ball game at 7:30 then off to the lazer and fireworks show at the riverfront which is less than 1 mile from my POS house. :cool:
Righhhtttt....I dont have any plans a day in advance already.....sheesh. some of us hve to work. :notam: How about you break out some of those engraved invitations and send them out proper and all. POS house....your killing me. :rolleyes:

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:23 AM
Righhhtttt....I dont have any plans a day in advance already.....sheesh. some of us hve to work. :notam: How about you break out some of those engraved invitations and send them out proper and all. POS house....your killing me. :rolleyes:
Well... Looks like the weather is gonna suck anyway :frown: . Hell, we're only 1.5 hrs away (actualy less the way you drive :D ) The pyrotechs, lazer and fireworks go off at 10:20 which is 9:20 your time. :coffeycup and yes... my house is a POS :frown: but it does have those 3 magical things....
Location, Location, Location :D

NashvilleBound
05-14-2005, 04:27 AM
Well... Looks like the weather is gonna suck anyway :frown: . Hell, we're only 1.5 hrs away (actualy less the way you drive :D ) The pyrotechs, lazer and fireworks go off at 10:20 which is 9:20 your time. :coffeycup and yes... my house is a POS :frown: but it does have those 3 magical things....
Location, Location, Location :D
LOL...yes it does. I hope these storms they are calling for miss you. We are having our annual Hamptons Garage sale today.......I am not setting anything out but I have never seen so much white trash coming into this neighborhood...oh...forgot....I am white thrash.. :squiggle: :squiggle: One of my spec ($500k) sold yesterday and they want to close by the end of the month.....I am not even close to ready so I will over there all weekend catching up on the little things so codes passes it.....

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:28 AM
LOL...yes it does. I hope these storms they are calling for miss you. We are having our annual Hamptons Garage sale today.......I am not setting anything out but I have never seen so much white trash coming into this neighborhood...oh...forgot....I am white thrash.. :squiggle: :squiggle:
That white trash is carring cash so just keep smiling :hammerhea

NashvilleBound
05-14-2005, 04:31 AM
That white trash is carring cash so just keep smiling :hammerhea
always...might be upside down but I am always smiling on the inside;) Off to the gym with Fluffy.....have a good one....

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:32 AM
always...might be upside down but I am always smiling on the inside;) Off to the gym with Fluffy.....have a good one....
Tell Fluff I said Hi! :cool:

MagicMtnDan
05-14-2005, 04:33 AM
Where do you dock?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/672Waterfront1.jpg

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:38 AM
Where do you dock?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/672Waterfront.jpg
That pic is of the extreme north end of the pier. The pier runs several hundred feet down to the next bridge. And there is another pier with docking on both sides out from that one. I'd say you could eaisly tie up 200+ boats before you started double birthing. I'll take some pics to day. It is really cool. :cool: I've been trying to find some "stock photos" but have been haven't be able. :mad:

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:39 AM
Where do you dock?
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/672Waterfront1.jpg
LOL!! That's the new boat wash. It's free :D

SmokinLowriderSS
05-14-2005, 04:46 AM
That's the reason I put a cover over my stereo. :D Think it set me back about $20

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:49 AM
That's the reason I put a cover over my stereo. :D Think it set me back about $20
That'd be a bad day for that DCB with the DVD screens in the seatbacks :D

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:54 AM
Here's a drawing that doesn't include the floating dock. Where ever you see concrete that is where you tie up
http://images.chattanoogan.com/photo_images/gallery_6367.jpg

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:57 AM
Here another pic from several weeks ago. You can start to see the size. Almost reached the next bridge
http://images.chattanoogan.com/photo_images/gallery_9771.jpg

NashvilleBound
05-14-2005, 06:43 AM
When will you be back from your world tour in June? I would like to come down and check it out.....

sorry dog
05-14-2005, 07:04 AM
Saw the construction a couple of months ago... I might be game to check it out next time I'm in Mentone.
Jasper races are memorial weekend but it will be hard to make it up on that weekend.

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 08:28 AM
When will you be back from your world tour in June? I would like to come down and check it out.....
June 8 - 13 Mexico City
July 9 - 16 Condos
I took several pics this morning and will take several more tonight (if it doesn't storm :burningm: )

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 08:29 AM
Saw the construction a couple of months ago... I might be game to check it out next time I'm in Mentone.
Jasper races are memorial weekend but it will be hard to make it up on that weekend.
It's only a 30 mile run on the river :rolleyes: :D

NashvilleBound
05-14-2005, 08:32 AM
June 8 - 13 Mexico City
July 9 - 16 Condos
I took several pics this morning and will take several more tonight (if it doesn't storm :burningm: )
Just checked weather.com...all red hour long storm coming right at us.....

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 08:33 AM
Just checked weather.com...all red hour long storm coming right at us.....
Looks like I made the right call NOT going out in the boat today :notam:

NashvilleBound
05-14-2005, 09:22 AM
June 8 - 13 Mexico City
July 9 - 16 Condos
I should be back into TN the thrid week of June. Lets plan on getting the new sled down your way.....check out all the waterways.....and/or party spots;)

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 11:39 AM
I should be back into TN the thrid week of June. Lets plan on getting the new sled down your way.....check out all the waterways.....and/or party spots;)
Sounds good. Downtown with all the restaurants and bars is right there at the pier :idea: :D

NashvilleBound
05-14-2005, 01:59 PM
Sounds good. Downtown with all the restaurants and bars is right there at the pier :idea: :D
sounds good. How far away to launch from the downtown area? From your estate?

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 02:35 PM
sounds good. How far away to launch from the downtown area? From your estate?
:idea: It's pretty far.... 'bout 5 maybe 7 minutes :D

NashvilleBound
05-14-2005, 03:04 PM
:idea: It's pretty far.... 'bout 5 maybe 7 minutes :D
:notam: :notam: :notam: :notam: :notam: :hammer2: Nothing closer? Well, we can just leave a little earlier;)

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 04:29 PM
:notam: :notam: :notam: :notam: :notam: :hammer2: Nothing closer? Well, we can just leave a little earlier;)
You gotta do what ya gotta do :D

Krazy K
05-14-2005, 06:28 PM
Bad Catfish???
Damn, I'm not moving there, then!!

RiverOtter
05-14-2005, 07:22 PM
Bad Catfish???
Damn, I'm not moving there, then!!
Yes, you'll want to stick with the farm raised catfish. Less heavy metals :hammerhea

NashvilleBound
05-15-2005, 05:26 AM
You two clowns come back out here and we'll sick our 'brown units' on you.
You're both really mean. God, wish I was back there!
Rio
No, not the 'brown units.....PAH-LEASE...anything but the 'brown units'... AAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh. Whatever.... :hammerhea I come out there in three weeks there better be some people that want to party........

Craig
05-15-2005, 05:36 AM
I remembered you were back there, if I would have had more time before finding out about the trip I should have posted a note on the board. :) We were busy though and I was only there Sun-Wed. Might be going back in the summer if the system we're looking to buy is completed. One fabricator at the shop has a Baja and said he'd take me out on Watts Bar lake if I come back :D The owner of the company did take me for a ride in his Velocity, but not the boat Velocity, still a cool ride.
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/stuff/plane2.JPG
Craig

NashvilleBound
05-15-2005, 05:41 AM
That plane looks like the one I lost my ass on. I bought heavily into AASI, turned into Mooney Areospace....then went to nothing..... How did that one perform? If you come back send us a note...we'll show you a good time............

Craig
05-15-2005, 07:47 PM
Not being a pilot, the fact that it stayed in the air as long as we wanted, got high marks from me :wink: The owner had a real trick navigation/control system in it, see attached pic. He said it's cruises about 220 knots, tops out at 240. Said with the motor in the back, it won't stall, if you reach it's limits, it just noses over. (I took his word for it) He let me steer it a bit with the joy stick, really reacts to very little input, but again, that coming from a novice! Hopefully I'll get another chance to go back before the end of the summer, I'll shot you a PM! Thanks for the offer!
Craig
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/stuff/plane5.JPG
This sort of took me back when it's the first thing I saw when I crawled into the pass. seat! :eek:
http://www.justanothertoy.com/photogallery/stuff/plane3.JPG