PDA

View Full Version : Buying or building homes in Havasu

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 08:51 AM
I am building a house in Havasu this year, and I used Liberty Properties/Fleary Construction as my builder. Just wanted to know some info. on them, or if any other folks have done the same thing in recent years past. Thanx

Supultlbich
04-27-2006, 09:08 AM
Our home was completed three weeks ago. I have heard both of those names around town, good luck and welcome to hot boat!

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 09:10 AM
Did you get a Hot Boat Discount?
I give discounts of up to $20k to Hot Boaters building with Summit Homes :)
but you got to have more than 1 post :D
BTW welcome to the jungle :cool:

prosthogod
04-27-2006, 09:11 AM
Haven't heard of them , but what do I know. I had one built by Bridgewater home and will have them build another soon.

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 09:18 AM
thanx for the welcome and congrats on new home

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 09:20 AM
Summitkarl discounts are good, I'll work on those post. Can you post a link to Summit Homes.

blownupsleek
04-27-2006, 09:29 AM
My builder has me ready to put a chain around my kneck and go swimming! Really far and deep! None of the builders are ones I used. Make sure they are well established and have a buck or two in the bank!! Mine has been in Havasu for 30 plus years and now that the kid took the company over he is starting from scratch!! NO bueno!!

blownupsleek
04-27-2006, 09:30 AM
My builder has me ready to put a chain around my kneck and go swimming! Really far and deep! None of the builders are ones I used. Make sure they are well established and have a buck or two in the bank!! Mine has been in Havasu for 30 plus years and now that the kid took the company over he is starting from scratch!! NO bueno!! :cry:

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Summitkarl discounts are good, I'll work on those post. Can you post a link to Summit Homes.
your on the Summit Homes web page right now :)
We are having a big Grand Opening for our Osborn Estates Community on May 20th...3192 Oro Grande (corner of H-95 and Oro Grande) just across from the Bashars on the south end of town, come see Several of my new Homes and get some free goodies :)

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
My builder has me ready to put a chain around my kneck and go swimming! Really far and deep! None of the builders are ones I used. Make sure they are well established and have a buck or two in the bank!! Mine has been in Havasu for 30 plus years and now that the kid took the company over he is starting from scratch!! NO bueno!!
The company Name starts with a "V" ?

Kachina26
04-27-2006, 10:18 AM
The company Name starts with a "V" ?
Is that why it takes 19+ months to get one of those?

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
Is that why it takes 19+ months to get one of those? It may have something to do with Bait and Switch on the price :rolleyes:
Summits last 2 closer have come in at 5 months build time and 2 months of my time.....
BTW sheanwater is IP at the city :)

XFactor
04-27-2006, 11:27 AM
I'm working with Rob at Bridgewater. Everything is going well so far. Everyone I talk to says he's great to work with. We'll see! I didn't find to many builders that were willing to do what I wanted. Maybe I should have tried Summit :boxed:

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 11:35 AM
I'm working with Rob at Bridgewater. Everything is going well so far. Everyone I talk to says he's great to work with. We'll see! I didn't find to many builders that were willing to do what I wanted. Maybe I should have tried Summit :boxed:
I got nothing bad to say about Rob and Bridgewater, they are a good builder and you got yourself a quality home :)

Not So Fast
04-27-2006, 11:40 AM
Go ahead and shave your head now, it's less painful than pulling it out later :D It was a very frustrating 10 month ordeal for us :yuk: NSF

XFactor
04-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Go ahead and shave your head now, it's less painful than pulling it out later :D It was a very frustrating 10 month ordeal for us :yuk: NSF
Who did you use?

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 11:45 AM
yup yours was fustercluck..... :rolleyes: Thank God it wasn't a Summit Home :)
how the heck you doing Bobby?

Mrs.Racer277
04-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Sounds like Verde. Oops did I say that out loud :rolleyes:

Mrs.Racer277
04-27-2006, 11:56 AM
I had great luck with our builder. Never lost one hair. :)

Garrddogg
04-27-2006, 12:30 PM
STAY FAR AWAY FROM DREAGER!!

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 01:17 PM
STAY FAR AWAY FROM DREAGER!!
LMAO...
did you ever get the driveway fixed, just courious

INSman
04-27-2006, 01:20 PM
Summit is a GREAT builder !!!!!!!
There are lots of flakes and very SLOW builders out there, buyer be ware.

LHC30Victory
04-27-2006, 01:22 PM
Karl, gotta talk to ya this weekend about plans for our lot and what can be done.....
Got any time, say fri or sun????

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 01:28 PM
Karl, gotta talk to ya this weekend about plans for our lot and what can be done.....
Got any time, say fri or sun????
yea I think I have a opening between 2am and 4am Sunday :rollside:
let shoot for Sunday.....this week is crazy and next week is SWAMPED...
c u @ chuys?
got run .....Karl

USCFAN
04-27-2006, 01:32 PM
Insman do you have a house on S. Kiowa?

LHC30Victory
04-27-2006, 01:42 PM
I think that Chuy's is definitely on our list of things to do.......
What a great job you are doing....

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 01:48 PM
Thanx everyone for the info on some of the local builders. Im doing some more homework for the future.

little rowe boat
04-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Sounds like Verde. Oops did I say that out loud :rolleyes:
Yes you did and it took them 19 months for our home to be completed.

Hallett Bill
04-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Summit finished our house last month and did a great job, I would highly recommend them to anyone. Any questions I had, or problem I saw was dealt with pronto.

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 02:07 PM
IAFF Local. Fellow brother. 19 months, that seems pretty long, are you happy w/ your home?

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Summit homes sounds like they have it together, thanx for the info

little rowe boat
04-27-2006, 02:11 PM
IAFF Local. Fellow brother. 19 months, that seems pretty long, are you happy w/ your home?
It was very long and had many frustrations over the build, but yes now that we have it we do like it.

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 02:39 PM
Im glad your happy, I think i'm on the same path as you, but hope it works out for me sooner than later.

little rowe boat
04-27-2006, 02:45 PM
If I had it to do over, I would see what Summit could do for me.

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 02:50 PM
Im glad your happy, I think i'm on the same path as you, but hope it works out for me sooner than later.
if you decide to go my way......contact either myself or Warlock25 direct, this is how we save you money :)

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Good to know, I'm going to drop them a line.

little rowe boat
04-27-2006, 03:17 PM
if you decide to go my way......contact either myself or Warlock25 direct, this is how we save you money :)
Regardless of who you decide to go with give Michele, Warlock 25 a call, she is the best.

Bling Bling
04-27-2006, 03:42 PM
DITTO, Take some words of advice: Read your contract over 10 times. When you get to the allowance sections for counter tops, tile ETC... whatever they say for the amount add 3 times more. I'm 2 weeks away from finish, and at a 414k contract on house only, I've shelled out 80k in extras. They will fock you blind if you don't watch them like a Hawk. If you do not live in Havasu, they got ya by the balls. Good luck.

Garrddogg
04-27-2006, 03:44 PM
LMAO...
did you ever get the driveway fixed, just courious
It went into Escro today :cry:

dicudmore
04-27-2006, 03:49 PM
It went into Escro today :cry:
hey focker you selling out of Havi?? Call me someday

dicudmore
04-27-2006, 03:50 PM
I think I have seen his boat in that area...

SummitKarl
04-27-2006, 04:11 PM
DITTO, Take some words of advice: Read your contract over 10 times. When you get to the allowance sections for counter tops, tile ETC... whatever they say for the amount add 3 times more. I'm 2 weeks away from finish, and at a 414k contract on house only, I've shelled out 80k in extras. They will fock you blind if you don't watch them like a Hawk. If you do not live in Havasu, they got ya by the balls. Good luck.
Bling Bling...we are not all like that...Summits price is all inclusive with a clearly printed and detailed amenity list.....and a VERY generous electrical package...yes we include the fixtures..unlike some other builders I will not mention.....but yes we do charge for extras and changes just like we should.
it has nothing to do with living here or not...If you need someone to help NUDGE!!! someone out here let me know, for the most part I know all the builders and they know me....

dicudmore
04-27-2006, 04:14 PM
just wanted to make a note here that Michele (Warlock25), SummitKarl and Debbie at River Valley Mortgage are great people to do Havasu business with :cool:

Not So Fast
04-27-2006, 04:22 PM
yup yours was fustercluck..... :rolleyes: Thank God it wasn't a Summit Home :)
how the heck you doing Bobby?
X factor- we used Diamondback/Steve Anderson and built the Pena model. Now that its over we are happy but 4 years ago it was a friggin nightmare.
Karl, you are right on about the fuster cluck. All I can say is there are some good builders here but if you dont live here to watch things as they are being done then HIRE someone to oversee things and take lots of pictures. My doctor put me on Xanax because of the frustration of building a home and especially not being here to see the incompetence of some of the tradesmen and lack of co-ordination/supervision while the house was being built. My advice, find one already built, no kidding either. GOOD LUCK :cool: NSF PS spend the money on 2 speed A/C, it's worth it and as big a garage as you can afford. :D

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 04:27 PM
Thanx Summitkarl, I'll contact you or warlock 25 with some questions for the future.

jojoshow
04-27-2006, 04:32 PM
NSF. Thanx for the heads up on out of town ownership. I'm going to be spending a large part of the summer in Havasu at my friends condo, so hopefully I'll be able to keep tabs. Garage 36x36 is what I have in the plans so far. But we'll see.

Music to my Ears
04-27-2006, 04:52 PM
We are thinking of building again and Michele was and is our realtor. I liked the Summitt models the first time around but they didn't seem to be all that interested in negotiating with me at the time. I'll have to get together with you and see what's possible now. :)

Garrddogg
04-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Michele (warlock 25) sold my house in prolly less than two weeks.. :)

Not So Fast
04-27-2006, 06:55 PM
NSF. Thanx for the heads up on out of town ownership. I'm going to be spending a large part of the summer in Havasu at my friends condo, so hopefully I'll be able to keep tabs. Garage 36x36 is what I have in the plans so far. But we'll see.
I dont know your needs but i thought My garage was HUGE when we first moved here (1300sq ft 56 deep) and now it seems kinda small, like I said go as big as you can because to do it later is much more costly, ask Summit Karl!! In fact if any way possible go RV :D NSF

wing-n-it
04-27-2006, 09:44 PM
If anyone is interested, I am just starting 4 homes at various locations in Lake Havasu City. 3 of the homes are approx. 1700 sq. ft. w/ 18'X75' RV garage + 2 car garage (approx. 1800' total) I have one home that will be 2,300 sq.ft. w/ a 1900 sq.ft. garage. The RV part is 45' deep on that one.
I just build them, supervise their construction, pay for the construction financing, etc...., choose nice fixtures, granite, etc.... and sell them when they are done. I can also do the financing for you.
If you don't want to go through the hassle of trying to build something totally custom, give me a call and I'll be happy to answer your questions. Most of the lots are nice, big, and flat. It's gonna be about 8-10 months till the houses are done. I also have 3 lots that I would consider selling and carrying paper for the right person (OAC).
Debbie Oster
River Valley Mortgage
(928) 854-5363 office
(928) 716-BOAT (2628) cellular
* Karl and Dia - I'm trying to work on that post count :)

Mrs.Racer277
04-27-2006, 10:35 PM
I dont know your needs but i thought My garage was HUGE when we first moved here (1300sq ft 56 deep) and now it seems kinda small, like I said go as big as you can because to do it later is much more costly, ask Summit Karl!! In fact if any way possible go RV :D NSF
So true. We did do RV, but I thought over 1,500 for a garage was huge. Not anymore. :rolleyes: :)

Mrs.Racer277
04-27-2006, 10:39 PM
If anyone is interested, I am just starting 4 homes at various locations in Lake Havasu City. 3 of the homes are approx. 1700 sq. ft. w/ 18'X75' RV garage + 2 car garage (approx. 1800' total) I have one home that will be 2,300 sq.ft. w/ a 1900 sq.ft. garage. The RV part is 45' deep on that one.
I just build them, supervise their construction, pay for the construction financing, etc...., choose nice fixtures, granite, etc.... and sell them when they are done. I can also do the financing for you.
If you don't want to go through the hassle of trying to build something totally custom, give me a call and I'll be happy to answer your questions. Most of the lots are nice, big, and flat. It's gonna be about 8-10 months till the houses are done. I also have 3 lots that I would consider selling and carrying paper for the right person (OAC).
Debbie Oster
River Valley Mortgage
(928) 854-5363 office
LOL
Debbie built my house and I could not be more happy. I never had one problem. I would use her again. And will at some point. :)

Music to my Ears
04-28-2006, 09:39 AM
Debbie Oster
River Valley Mortgage
(928) 854-5363 office
Hey Debbie, I'll give you a call. Is your husband the builder? And where are the lots?
Kurt

dicudmore
04-28-2006, 09:51 AM
Hey Debbie, I'll give you a call. Is your husband the builder? And where are the lots?
Kurt
Kurt I think Debbie is the builder and handles all the subbing etc...
I'm pretty sure Lance runs a boat shop :wink:

SummitKarl
04-28-2006, 09:52 AM
Debbie Oster
River Valley Mortgage
(928) 854-5363 office
ya now go back to hibernation....your cuttin into my commission :p :rollside: :rollside: :)

Family Jewell
04-28-2006, 10:30 AM
Hi Summitkarl
please give me a number to get a hold of you. My house is in engineering stages right now.

SummitKarl
04-28-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi Summitkarl
please give me a number to get a hold of you. My house is in engineering stages right now.
you have...PM :)

Family Jewell
04-28-2006, 10:55 AM
you have...PM :)
I am new on here and tech challenged

Advantage Adam
04-28-2006, 11:37 AM
Did you get a Hot Boat Discount?
I give discounts of up to $20k to Hot Boaters building with Summit Homes :)
but you got to have more than 1 post :D
BTW welcome to the jungle :cool:
I bought a brand new summit home in January. Does that discount still apply to me?

Music to my Ears
04-28-2006, 01:56 PM
Kurt I think Debbie is the builder and handles all the subbing etc...
I'm pretty sure Lance runs a boat shop :wink:
Thought Michele told me he was a builder. My bad. :rollside:

dicudmore
04-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Thought Michele told me he was a builder. My bad. :rollside:
I'm known to be wrong...OFTEN

wing-n-it
04-28-2006, 07:19 PM
Hi Kurt & Everyone,
I use a general contractor but he doesn't advertise to the public. He likes to remain low key - too much aggravation dealing with most of the public.
I have been building specs for about 6 years now - I don't really advertise too much to the public either. Dan is right, I do the houses - Lance does boats. He wants nothing to do with construction, it's not his area of expertise. I'm trying to scale down a bit - call me if you want info on the lots.
Sorry Karl, I AM going back into hiding on Sunday when Lance gets back from the boat races. I won't have the computer to myself anymore :)
Summit does a wonderful job, and Karl is a great guy. I don't want to tread on his territory at all. Just call me for your financing or if you need info. on a lot. Be at Chuy's Saturday night and you will all get to see just how great of a guy Karl is. BTW, Kurt - I hear those folks did rent your house for the month of April?
Debbie

Blown Lavey
04-30-2006, 07:17 AM
Summits last 2 closer have come in at 5 months build time and 2 months of my time.....
I wouldnt count on any builder finishing in 5 mo. With summer its going to be 7-10 mo :220v: .

SummitKarl
04-30-2006, 08:07 AM
I wouldnt count on any builder finishing in 5 mo. With summer its going to be 7-10 mo :220v: .
HEY DUM A$$ :rollside: ......IT's your Honeymoon.....put the computer down :rolleyes: and grab the new wife.... :)

INSman
04-30-2006, 09:44 PM
Yup, pretty close to Aaron from Absolute, around Canyon Cove..

Blown Lavey
05-01-2006, 05:42 PM
HEY DUM A$$ :rollside: ......IT's your Honeymoon.....put the computer down :rolleyes: and grab the new wife.... :)
Came home sat, now crack the effin whip on them boys (or did they take toady off) :crossx: :) .

Mr.Havasu
05-02-2006, 12:52 PM
Came home sat, now crack the effin whip on them boys (or did they take toady off) :crossx: :) .
Hey Gary,
I went by your project on Monday as soon as John and I returned from your honeymoon.
You have wood!
I'll e-mail you pics later this afternoon as soon as I download them.
Michele