PDA

View Full Version : Lasik Eye Surgery

boatnam2
04-27-2006, 08:58 AM
man it is nice to see again.twice ii have lost my prescription sun glasses at the river and couldnt see all day.some of the left over carnage.http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6da06b3127cce88e1cf07b24700000016108AZMmLNw1Yt2

boatnam2
04-27-2006, 08:59 AM
http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b6da06b3127cce88e1cf07b24700000016108AZMmLNw1Yt2

IFTN
04-27-2006, 09:05 AM
Isn't it great, How about being able to read the clock by your bed....without puttin' on glasses!!!

missboatnam1
04-27-2006, 09:07 AM
i got it done too, and its wonderfull!!

WaTchTheGelCoat
04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Did it hurt at all? I watched how it was done on Discovery the other night and it looks like it would hurt.

Totally IncapASSitated
04-27-2006, 09:09 AM
Where did you guys go?
Would you refer anyone to the same place??
I have been wanting to do this for a while....

Stoneman
04-27-2006, 09:10 AM
How's you close up vision?

missboatnam1
04-27-2006, 09:18 AM
well, i hated it at the time but its worth it now...they said i souldent even be driving a car, and i couldent read AT ALL....now, i can see far and close...it cost about 2400.00....no more glasses for me...WHOOO WHOOO
it was laser eye center 800-805-2737
they are all over!!
good luck!!

Totally IncapASSitated
04-27-2006, 09:19 AM
well, i hated it at the time but its worth it now...they said i souldent even be driving a car, and i couldent read AT ALL....now, i can see far and close...it cost about 2400.00....no more glasses for me...WHOOO WHOOO
they are all over!!
good luck!!
Thanks for the info!!!

Captain Dan
04-27-2006, 09:34 AM
I had the consultation through my eye doctor in Murrieta and I'm pulling the trigger for sometime in May. I can't wait. :)
His charge for me and my condition is $3300. I know it's a little more than some others, but the follow up is through him, he's been my doctor for many years, and I refuse to go shopping for a better price considering the subject matter.
So let's hear the stories - good and bad!

It's all Good
04-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Where did you guys go?
Would you refer anyone to the same place??
I have been wanting to do this for a while....
Dr Tooma, www.drtooma.com. He does the Angels, Ducks, pro golfers, etc.
Dr Tooma did my eyes 4 years ago. Absolutely thrilled. The procedure has improved since then.

Quality Time
04-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Thats a good one so is Dr. Manger, Saddleback Eyecenter.
Don't price shop, they are your eyes for heavens sake.

tamalewagon
04-27-2006, 10:08 AM
Thats a good one so is Dr. Manger, Saddleback Eyecenter.
Don't price shop, they are your eyes for heavens sake.
That's great advice...you get what you pay for. My sister in law went the inexpensive route and had to get them redone.

sigepmock
04-27-2006, 10:09 AM
I second Dr. Tooma. I had mine done a week ago Tuesday.....Just had my check up and I'm seeing 20/15. Greatest thing I've ever done...should have done it sooner. Dr. Tooma also has a life time guarantee. If my eyes change again in the future...they'll touch them up for free.
$5200 for both eyes with the newest laser. I felt a little pain in my right eye because the numbing drops wore off too fast...I said something...they loaded up the left eye and I didn't feel a thing. Got them doen at about 8 am went home at 10:30am went to sleep and woke up that night a little sore but I could already see. After a week I still have a little scratching feeling in my left eye that should go away in the next week or so.
Like I said the best money I ever spent, I can see more clearly now than I ever could with my contacts even at 20/20.
Can you tell I'm excited about the results??? :rollside:
Chris

andy01
04-27-2006, 10:34 AM
Skinny, skinny, skinny...... seeing better is not going to help you see your little pee pee, or be able to see your feet again!!!!!!!!!!!!! That comes with WIEGHT LOSS! :) To bad your not going this weekend, I'd do some school'n for ya......
Andy

boatnam2
04-27-2006, 12:27 PM
andy andy andy,i was expecting a call from you now that i can see to push the sticks this weekend.and i have mirrors on my ceiling so i get to see johnson every morning when i wake up.now on the the serious questions.im seeing 20/15 but up close i need reading glasses now i didnt before i use to jave to take my glasses of to read..i didnt like the way the mono vision felt and decided to do both eyes for distance.

little rowe boat
04-27-2006, 01:52 PM
they are all over!!
good luck!!
My wife had hers done at the laser eye center. Her vision went from 20-1000 and 20-900 to 20-25 in both eyes. She loves it.

MrsSigEpMock
04-27-2006, 02:01 PM
andy andy andy,i was expecting a call from you now that i can see to push the sticks this weekend.and i have mirrors on my ceiling so i get to see johnson every morning when i wake up.now on the the serious questions.im seeing 20/15 but up close i need reading glasses now i didnt before i use to jave to take my glasses of to read..i didnt like the way the mono vision felt and decided to do both eyes for distance.
I don't know how old you are but..... IF you are over 40ish, some times they can't get all the correction they can when you are younger. Even if you had it when you were younger, when you get to a certain age, you may need reading glasses or glasses at night. But it still beats glasses all the time. Thankfully it looks like you have a supply to choose from... :p

Essex29
04-27-2006, 02:06 PM
I had mine done by Michael Limberg (http://www.limbergeyesurgery.com/Frame_doctors.html) he was on the first team that did them back in 1986. It might be a little far for you, up in San Luis Obispo, Ca.
Good Luck!

andy01
04-27-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't know how old you are but..... IF you are over 40ish, some times they can't get all the correction they can when you are younger. :p
Well guess this thread is a waste....... nobody can help this guy out! ha ha!!! Skinny, the boat will be back in the salt next weekend! I'll be call'n ya. I need a boat bitch, and your just the guy!
Andy

lalhc
04-27-2006, 02:24 PM
I would recommend lasik to anyone considering it. It was the best $$$ I have ever spent.

John.
04-27-2006, 03:36 PM
I had it done a couple years ago and loved it. No pain during the procedure, but there was some discomfort a couple hours later. I recommend doing it late in the day so you can go home and sleep easily afterwards. or get yourself some sleeping drugs to take afterwards at least. The worst part of it for me was the buring flesh smell for a couple seconds. Plus, when they squeegie the flap of eye back over after the zapping...that was a little wierd.
As I remember, the docs recommended that I stay out of the lake water and pools for a couple months...so be careful if you're doing any swimming.

myoung
04-27-2006, 05:13 PM
Best $3000 I ever spent on my wife. She had horrible vision and constantly complained about the glasses and contacts ritual. $3000 to not have to listen to it anymore sounded pretty reasonable. :p
JK
Actually, we just didn't have the money till I came into a little inheritance and that was the first thing we spent some of it on. Really was worth every penny just to see her happy. I don't know what her vision was before, but it's like 20/15 now. Only thing she had trouble with was halos around lights at night. That went away after a short time and she says her vision gradually improved during the first week till it got to where it is now. I've always had excellent vision so I can't imagine what it's like, but seeing how excited she was I can imagine how much it helps. I can't remember where she went, but I think it was the Laser Eye Center in Los Alamitos. The doctor she went to was highly recomended so she really wanted to go there, but it was a bit more money than others had told her they spent. She didn't want to spend that much, but as others have said in this thread, you don't go cheap on something like your eyes. If that was where she felt comfortable, then I told her to spend the money. Hell, the ammount of money I spend on toys, it was the least I could do. :D