PDA

View Full Version : So... I have a problem..

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Geza & I have mostly hispanics that work for our company. They all want to support the rally Monday, but Monday is payroll.
Here is my thought....they dont show up for work...they dont get their paycheck! I will put them in the mail that day, it will take a few extra days for them to get & I am not doing anything illegal...Right?????
Ideas??? Anyone! :mad:

Jordy
04-27-2006, 09:16 AM
If they don't show up for work cut them 2 checks and send them on their way. ;)

hoolign
04-27-2006, 09:17 AM
Pay them in Canadian funds..they'll quit on the spot :mad:

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-27-2006, 09:18 AM
Do you normally mail them or pass them out on payday? If you pass them out, then just hang on to them until tuesday.

pixilatedpussy
LOL! Thanks retards! I was being serious! :rollside:

CHEETAH24
Best idea i've heard yet

superdave013
I'm with Jordy on this one.

NOTALENT
I concurr with Jordy...there costing you guys time and money for not showing up....its not a national holiday or anything of importance :crossx: ....and I bet they dont even know what there doing it for. Can them if they dont show. oh and Mrs.bordsmnj does payroll...she may know...

Jbb
04-27-2006, 09:19 AM
When they come in Tuesday....pay them in nickels.... :p

pixilatedpussy
Do you normally mail them or pass them out on payday? If you pass them out, then just hang on to them until tuesday.
I normally hand them out, but these guys have not givin notice....I just hear them talking about a free day off! :mad:

hoolign
LOL! Thanks retards! I was being serious! :rollside:
and we werent? :rollside:

YeLLowBoaT
04-27-2006, 09:20 AM
I would make it clear on friday... all those that do not show up for a full shift monday, will not have a job on tuesday.

Ziggy
04-27-2006, 09:20 AM
If they're legal to be here then it should be considered an unexcused day off..
What would you normally do for them if they happen to be off or sick the day of payroll? Hold til next day or mail??? Fine line to walk.
Been stuff on the news here locally about companies that will impose varying disipline to those who do not show to work. Written Memo notice of what the consequences will be have been distributed to all employees

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-27-2006, 09:21 AM
I concurr with Jordy...there costing you guys time and money for not showing up....its not a national holiday or anything of importance :crossx: ....and I bet they dont even know what there doing it for. Can them if they dont show. oh and Mrs.bordsmnj does payroll...she may know...
But it will cost them a hell of a lot more to cut them, rehire, train, and try to keep the biz running at the rate is today. New employees cost a fortune and if the majority of your workforce gets cut, you have a huge expense coming your way.
Let them have the day off, do their thing, and get their ass back to work on tuesday...if they have to stay late until the work gets done, so be it. They owe you 8 hours each.

YeLLowBoaT
04-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Let them have the day off, do their thing, and get their ass back to work on tuesday...if they have to stay late until the work gets done, so be it. They owe you 8 hours each.
Now that will get you in hot water.

MrsSigEpMock
04-27-2006, 09:25 AM
I believe that you can't just switch it up. If you would normally mail a person's who is not there on Monday then you can mail them. If you would normally hold them, you have to hold them. You could send out a memo stating that from now on any EE not at work to pick up check will have their checks mailed, unless previous arrangements made, effective immediately. Also, this way if 50 peeps come in to make arrangements, you know who is not going to be there on Monday@!! however, most memos are sent in Payroll checks..... Post it at the time clocks in engish & espanol. :idea:

SummitKarl
I normally hand them out, but these guys have not givin notice....I just hear them talking about a free day off! :mad:
Sweets, if these people walk out on you for the protest of something not related to your work.........and SHUT YOUR COMPANY DOWN!!!!
no two ways about it................FIRED!!!!!. now thats the Amercian way, I say give'em a taste of what they are protesting for.

Jordy
I just hear them talking about a free day off! :mad:
I'm guessing they're hourly??? At the very minimum they'll be docked a day's pay. I'd draw a line in the sand on this one. What is your company policy on unexcused absences???
I'd post a flier by the time clock:
Anyone choosing to take the day off Monday without a valid excuse, i.e. doctor's note, will be given the rest of the week off without pay and subject to possible termination of employment.
p.s. Have a nice day. :D
Bottom line, they're decision to take the day off only hurts you and your productivity. I'd put my foot down. But I think I'll get my truck washed tomorrow just in case though. :D

uclahater
04-27-2006, 09:26 AM
They are doing there little Holliday with "intent to do harm" :mad Have a little meeting with all of them letting them know that if they take this action towards Simon Auto Body that you will have no choice but to replace them. Put it in writing, and put it in all of their files so its documented :idea:
Good Luck

NOTALENT
04-27-2006, 09:28 AM
But it will cost them a hell of a lot more to cut them, rehire, train, and try to keep the biz running at the rate is today. New employees cost a fortune and if the majority of your workforce gets cut, you have a huge expense coming your way.
True, but its a body shop, so its a profession...no training needed... :p I know your right though.....I personally would not put up with it...I think its bs...but thats just me.

MrsSigEpMock
04-27-2006, 09:29 AM
Anyone choosing to take the day off Monday without a valid excuse, i.e. doctor's note, will be given the rest of the week off without pay and subject to possible termination of employment.
LOVE IT!!!! :rollside:

Mandelon
04-27-2006, 09:31 AM
Call a meeting and discuss it.
Its easy to say fire them, but its not practical. Are you an easy going boss or a hard ass boss? Do you want them to like you or fear you?
IMO It is not worth firing good employees over something like this. Maybe offer them 1/2 day off if you can spare them, or let them have a comp day that they can make up some other time. Or have a nice catered Mex food lunch and all go to the rally together....
Or as a harder line let them know that if they take Monday off, they can take Tuesday off with no pay also.
If you let them off I think you will earn more respect than if you play hard ass. I have always let my guys take time off for family reasons. Most have been with me loyally for many years....

hoolign
04-27-2006, 09:31 AM
True, but its a body shop, so its a profession...no training needed... :p I know your right though.....I personally would not put up with it...I think its bs...but thats just me.
:rolleyes: It may just be me ..but..

Jordy
04-27-2006, 09:32 AM
LOVE IT!!!! :rollside:
Yeah??? I thought the have a nice day thing was a nice touch too. Shows that you really do care about their happiness. :D

WaTchTheGelCoat
04-27-2006, 09:34 AM
Luckly the Hispanic guys that work at my shop laugh at all this nonsence. They realize that supporting the company they work for is way more importand.
Put up help wanted signs next to the time clock with a note attached, "posistions opening Monday May 1st". Put your foot down. Dont let them run your biz.

MrsSigEpMock
04-27-2006, 09:36 AM
My husband is letting them come in early and leave early. The shop guys say it is a peer pressure thing now. They will get heaps of crapo if they don't show up to the rallies. I think there is some negotiating that would make everyone happy.

Run_em_Hard
04-27-2006, 09:36 AM
I'm guessing they're hourly??? At the very minimum they'll be docked a day's pay. I'd draw a line in the sand on this one. What is your company policy on unexcused absences???
Bottom line, they're decision to take the day off only hurts you and your productivity. I'd put my foot down. But I think I'll get my truck washed tomorrow just in case though. :D
I would have to say that this is the best way to handle it...I would just fire anyone who didn't show up.

OutCole'd
04-27-2006, 09:39 AM
I love this line!!
Glad the gardner does my house on Friday!

dirty old man
04-27-2006, 09:45 AM
Lot of very good suggestions, it will be awkward. But what ever you do,
DOCUMENT your actions. It may come back to bite you later

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 09:51 AM
ROTFLMFAO! :crossx:

atomickitn
04-27-2006, 09:53 AM
pixx if your employee came to you and asked for a day off ... you would generaly give it to them ,,, however if they just didnt show up at all then it could be job abandentment, and cause for termination..... on the other hand if all your employee's ask for that day off your business will suffer , if you choose to allow this to happen they must know that there will be some sort of recourse, and that they will not be paid for there time off ,, very simple no work no pay , and they will have to make up the lost day .... just mt 02...good luck guys :boxed:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
Only 2 are hourly. The others are commission pay!
I think I will have a meeting today with them to give them fair warning. "paychecks will be mailed if they are not here Monday & for those that show up...there will be bonus & lunch compliment os Geza & I"
If they dont show up it will DEFINITELY KILL our productivity in the shop for that day!

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 09:55 AM
They are doing there little Holliday with "intent to do harm" :mad Have a little meeting with all of them letting them know that if they take this action towards Simon Auto Body that you will have no choice but to replace them. Put it in writing, and put it in all of their files so its documented :idea:
Good Luck
Thanks Jim :idea:

superdave013
04-27-2006, 09:56 AM
my shop is right across from a home depot.
So does this mean that all the fockin day labors won't be crawling around all over my parking lot on Monday? And they won't be droping their roach coach trash all over the place on Monday? (I banned the roach coach from the parking lot so they just park in the street)
And maybe they won't piss all over behind the dumpster on Monday either.
And maybe, just maybe there won't be crappy wallmart bikes locked to every pole and bush on Monday either.
Hummm .......

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 09:57 AM
Call a meeting and discuss it.
Its easy to say fire them, but its not practical. Are you an easy going boss or a hard ass boss? Do you want them to like you or fear you?
IMO It is not worth firing good employees over something like this. Maybe offer them 1/2 day off if you can spare them, or let them have a comp day that they can make up some other time. Or have a nice catered Mex food lunch and all go to the rally together....
Or as a harder line let them know that if they take Monday off, they can take Tuesday off with no pay also.
If you let them off I think you will earn more respect than if you play hard ass. I have always let my guys take time off for family reasons. Most have been with me loyally for many years....
Geza & I are so easy going! We dop so much for them...I guess thats why I feel so taken advantage of! They expect Geza & I to just say "OK" dont mind us...& the fact that we will have to close down for a day! :mad:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 09:58 AM
My husband is letting them come in early and leave early. The shop guys say it is a peer pressure thing now. They will get heaps of crapo if they don't show up to the rallies. I think there is some negotiating that would make everyone happy.
Good Idea!

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 09:59 AM
pixx if your employee came to you and asked for a day off ... you would generaly give it to them ,,, however if they just didnt show up at all then it could be job abandentment, and cause for termination..... on the other hand if all your employee's ask for that day off your business will suffer , if you choose to allow this to happen they must know that there will be some sort of recourse, and that they will not be paid for there time off ,, very simple no work no pay , and they will have to make up the lost day .... just mt 02...good luck guys :boxed:
I know! I am sooooooooooooooooo confused! :cry:

atomickitn
04-27-2006, 09:59 AM
with your meeting let them know that there job's are very important to them as well as the comp, and that they are needed at work to continue to grow and continue to earn money that all need so very much ....loyalty has its rewards...

Ziggy
04-27-2006, 10:00 AM
Good luck Pix.....I'm glad I don't have that to deal with.....but I'd say you have a good plan there. Makes sense to reward those that show, albeit they should be there anyhow.
This crap is gonna lead to civil war....

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:00 AM
my shop is right across from a home depot.
So does this mean that all the fockin day labors won't be crawling around all over my parking lot on Monday? And they won't be droping their roach coach trash all over the place on Monday? (I banned the roach coach from the parking lot so they just park in the street)
And maybe they won't piss all over behind the dumpster on Monday either.
And maybe, just maybe there won't be crappy wallmart bikes locked to every pole and bush on Monday either.
Hummm .......
Rotflmfao!!!!

Mandelon
04-27-2006, 10:01 AM
How about next payday, you call for a day without whitey....so no whitey no pay checks.
No gueros, no pagar!!!

BADBLOWN572
04-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Our company policy is that if you have an unexcused absence, take the next two days off too. Really hurts when it translates to a couple hundred bucks out of their pocket.
If it was me, I would have a mandatory "safety" meeting at 8:00 Monday morning. Post it in a very visible place. Any technician not in attendance would be considered absent and therefore they would get to take Tuesday and Wednesday off too. Any employee not returning on Thursday will be considered absent again (therefore job abandonment) and will be handled as if they had quit.
It would really piss me off if I was in your position. They are willing to shut down your business so they can take a B.S. holiday!!! F'em! They have no idea, or do not care, what it costs to run a business. If they want to take money out of your pocket, be sure to bang them in theirs twice as hard.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:03 AM
How about next payday, you call for a day without whitey....so no whitey no pay checks.
No gueros, no pagar!!!
OMG!!! ROTF!!!

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:04 AM
Our company policy is that if you have an unexcused absence, take the next two days off too. Really hurts when it translates to a couple hundred bucks out of their pocket.
If it was me, I would have a mandatory "safety" meeting at 8:00 Monday morning. Post it in a very visible place. Any technician not in attendance would be considered absent and therefore they would get to take Tuesday and Wednesday off too. Any employee not returning on Thursday will be considered absent again (therefore job abandonment) and will be handled as if they had quit.
It would really piss me off if I was in your position. They are willing to shut down your business so they can take a B.S. holiday!!! F'em! They have no idea, or do not care, what it costs to run a business. If they want to take money out of your pocket, be sure to bang them in theirs twice as hard.
This is how I feel! Trust me! :220v:

Mandelon
04-27-2006, 10:06 AM
Call the meeting and explain it, how it will cost you a couple thousand dollars in lost revenue, and overhead...
Maybe they can make it up saturday or come in early and then leave early...

MrsSigEpMock
04-27-2006, 10:08 AM
If all the rally people got fired and the companies had to hire new people, all this would be is a very expensive job "reassignement" for businesses. We are not going to replace these jobs with people that won't do the work now. Eccentially we are hiring back the people we fired. I think just compromise. Let them say their peace and get on with work, that is the American way.
They want an uproar, they want to cause controversy. That is what makes people feel indespensible-that is their intention. If we treat it like no big deal, we are conteracting their purpose of the "walk-outs" and saying we are better by comprimising and the real American way is to work things out for everyone's interest. I feel only good employee/employer realtions could come of this if it is handled thoughtfully and respectfully on both ends.

Dave C
04-27-2006, 10:10 AM
I like the mandatory safety meeting idea and any unexcused absense requiring to non-paid days off as a written policy.....
good stuff

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:11 AM
Call the meeting and explain it, how it will cost you a couple thousand dollars in lost revenue, and overhead...
No weekends! Thats our family day! :mad: They know this.
Plus what do I tell the insurance companies & customers Monday? Sorry I cant help you ...we have no employees today! :rolleyes:

NOTALENT
04-27-2006, 10:13 AM
Screw it...If they take the day...doc there paychecks for the money you would have lost....they would now have a reason to come to work...and if not...you still win.... :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:14 AM
If all the rally people got fired and the companies had to hire new people, all this would be is a very expensive job "reassignement" for businesses. We are not going to replace these jobs with people that won't do the work now. Eccentially we are hiring back the people we fired. I think just compromise. Let them say their peace and get on with work, that is the American way.
They want an uproar, they want to cause controversy. That is what makes people feel indespensible-that is their intention. If we treat it like no big deal, we are conteracting their purpose of the "walk-outs" and saying we are better by comprimising and the real American way is to work things out for everyone's interest. I feel only good employee/employer realtions could come of this if it is handled thoughtfully and respectfully on both ends.
No offense..this isnt a job that a white man wont do..............so it doesnt apply! We are not talking about strawberry pickers here.

YeLLowBoaT
04-27-2006, 10:15 AM
Plus what do I tell the insurance companies & customers Monday? Sorry I cant help you ...we have no employees today! :rolleyes:
I don't know about you, but if a company I do biz with told me that. I would not longer do biz with them. so not only do you lose a day, you lose clients. I have swiched suppliers for less then that.

hoolign
04-27-2006, 10:16 AM
No offense..this isnt a job that a white man wont do..............so it doesnt apply! We are not talking about strawberry pickers here.
Sell your autobody buisness and buy a strawberry farm??

fourspeednup
Lets remember one thing...it's the day after poker run weekend. Not like anything was going to get done anyway :p

MrsSigEpMock
Tell them it's a Holiday.... It really is Mexican Labor Day... Go Figure. :p
I like the half day with lunch, a go home early, thanks for showing up, pretend to your compadres you didn't work today, idea. You'll get some work done and they can go do their thing. Everyone happy, I think....

Dave C
its B.S. if it were about free speech, it would be done on Saturday. Not a work day.

MrsSigEpMock
04-27-2006, 10:18 AM
none takin', just a generalization.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:19 AM
I don't know about you, but if a company I do biz with told me that. I would not longer do biz with them. so not only do you lose a day, you lose clients. I have swiched suppliers for less then that.
????? Huh??

pixilatedpussy
Sell your autobody buisness and buy a strawberry farm??
Shut up Hooli! LOL! :rollside:

YeLLowBoaT
Really thats strange I know several "white" body and fender men. "white men" will do any job that they can make a living on.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:20 AM
Lets remember one thing...it's the day after poker run weekend. Not like anything was going to get done anyway :p
LOL! We arent going to the Poker Run! :cry: LMFAO! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
Tell them it's a Holiday.... It really is Mexican Labor Day... Go Figure. :p
I like the half day with lunch, a go home early, thanks for showing up, pretend to your compadres you didn't work today, idea. You'll get some work done and they can go do their thing. Everyone happy, I think....
I agree...I am leaning toward this. :rollside:

fourspeednup
LOL! We arent going to the Poker Run! :cry: LMFAO! :rollside:
:cry: :( :( :cry:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:21 AM
Really thats strange I know several "white" body and fender men. "white men" will do any job that they can make a living on.
Exactly my point! :rollside:

YeLLowBoaT
????? Huh??
If I walk into your shop and you say "I can't help you, we have no employees" I am going to walk right back out the door.

pixilatedpussy
:cry: :( :( :cry:
I know damn it! Dont rub it in! :cry:

hoolign
04-27-2006, 10:22 AM
Shut up Hooli! LOL! :rollside:
Nice..only three words I get out of you in months is "Shut up Hooli! :rolleyes: after all the thought I put into that idea..nice lady...reaaaal nice! :mad:
:rollside:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:23 AM
If I walk into your shop and you say "I can't help you, we have no employees" I am going to walk right back out the door.
Exactly another one of my points!!! What the hell am I going to do???????????????????????????
My husband will be back in his blues banging out dents & tearing down cars like he used to do years ago....just to keep the doors open...God love him! (WHITE MAN) :rolleyes: :rollside:

MAINEVENT
I just had this talk with my old man last night (he was an illegal at one point ) I asked (jokenly) so are you going to the ralley next monday... his reply- Laughing- No I have a job to hold onto although alot of people are going, some companies are going to allow their employees to participate mine isnt and if they did allow us to take monday off i would much rather take off to vegas or the river than to be caught in the middle of their so called "Rally"... No thanks i pay my taxes and all my dues if you really look at the people going to this its all people who work under the table and want to get away with not paying their dues to live in america" Now granted this was all in spanish but you guys wouldn't understand it lol Bottom line as responsible employee if your employer is not letting you go, DONT GO!!!!! It was not said to be a "Free" day for anyone just a bunch of non tax paying low life kids wanting to ditch school and focking illegals taking advantge of our welfare program.... :mad: OK i say shoot them all :mad: In other words T let them know hold a meeting and let it be known their will be consequences if you do not have a valid excuse for their absense on monday... But if they go have them bring back some tacos... :crossx:

Ziggy
I'm glad I don't have to deal with that issue..........

pixilatedpussy
Nice..only three words I get out of you in months is "Shut up Hooli! :rolleyes: after all the thought I put into that idea..nice lady...reaaaal nice! :mad:
:rollside:
:220v: :rollside: :220v: :rollside: :220v: :rollside: I love you Hooli!

Rock-A-Bye-Baby
04-27-2006, 10:24 AM
I don't have the same workforce as you so it's a little harder for me to weigh in on this but my thoughts are the same for all employees: They are hard as hell to get and keep. And if a circumstance like this pops up that drains your labor pool, then you have every right to withhold their wages for the unexcused absence. Your commission aren't going to get paid anyway so they should be able to predict their own consequences. It doesn't matter what they do for you or for me, there is no drop-in replacements on tuesday if you fire them on monday. Your production will cease while you scramble to hire and train. And there is no telling how long it will take to hire because there is no promise they are going to stay with you. I say let them go if they are going to go. No pay. but you do expect to see them first thing tuesday morning.
I am a little torn on the bonus idea. No one should be over rewarded just for showing up for work. BUT..... a loyal employee is the most valuable asset in the business and they should be rewarded. THe lunch is a good idea though and if you give reviews, you should let them know what it meant to you that they came in to work.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:26 AM
I just had this talk with my old man last night (he was an illegal at one point ) I asked (jokenly) so are you going to the ralley next monday... his reply- Laughing- No I have a job to hold onto although alot of people are going, some companies are going to allow their employees to participate mine isnt and if they did allow us to take monday off i would much rather take off to vegas or the river than to be caught in the middle of their so called "Rally"... No thanks i pay my taxes and all my dues if you really look at the people going to this its all people who work under the table and want to get away with not paying their dues to live in america" Now granted this was all in spanish but you guys wouldn't understand it lol Bottom line as responsible employee if your employer is not letting you go, DONT GO!!!!! It was not said to be a "Free" day for anyone just a bunch of non tax paying low life kids wanting to ditch school and focking illegals taking advantge of our welfare program.... :mad: OK i say shoot them all :mad: In other words T let them know hold a meeting and let it be known their will be consequences if you do not have a valid excuse for their absense on monday... But if they go have them bring back some tacos... :crossx:
This is exactly what Geza told our Lead Painter. Some of these guys dont even understand what the hell this is all about. They just want to support the Mexicans! WTF??? This is not even a Mexican / US thing. It is all illegals!

hoolign
04-27-2006, 10:26 AM
:220v: :rollside: :220v: :rollside: :220v: :rollside: I love you Hooli!
prove your love for me by going in the back and kicking one of your employees right in the junk then :boxed:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:28 AM
I don't have the same workforce as you so it's a little harder for me to weigh in on this but my thoughts are the same for all employees: They are hard as hell to get and keep. And if a circumstance like this pops up that drains your labor pool, then you have every right to withhold their wages for the unexcused absence. Your commission aren't going to get paid anyway so they should be able to predict their own consequences. I don't care what they do for you, there is no drop-in replacements on tuesday if you fire them on monday. Your production will cease while you scramble to hire and train. And there is no telling how long it will take to hire because there is no promise they are going to stay with you. I say let them go if they are going to go. No pay. but you do expect to see them first thing tuesday morning.
I am a little torn on the bonus idea. No one should be over rewarded just for showing up for work. BUT..... a loyal employee is the most valuable asset in the business and they should be rewarded. THe lunch is a good idea though and if you give reviews, you should let them know what it meant to you that they came in to work.
I never considered fire them...although there is one guy in particular that is already skating on VERY thin ice!
But as for the great guys that help make my hunny & I a very comfortable living....I just think a gift of "loyaly" for them plus lunch is a nice idea. What do you think?

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:29 AM
prove your love for me by going in the back and kicking one of your employees right in the junk then :boxed:
Does my husband count? :crossx:

jbtrailerjim
04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
My guess is anyone who's first reaction is to "Fire Them" if they don't show up does not own a business where the majority of their employee's are mexican. Twelve out of my sixteen employee's are (legal) mexicans. If they choose not come to work on Monday and I fire them...I'm gonna be in a world of hurt and have a lot of pissed off customers that want there trailers fixed and back. We are slammed with huge back log of work right now and firing them is not an option for me. Good hard working employees are really tough to find.
I'm going to have a meeting with them and let them know how I feel about it if they plan on not showing up on Monday. I do a lot of favors for my guy's when they need something from me. I'm going to keep note of which ones don't show up on Monday and the next time they need a favor the answer will be a big fat "NO" and I will remind them why.

MAINEVENT
04-27-2006, 10:30 AM
I never considered fire them...although there is one guy in particular that is already skating on VERY thin ice!
But as for the great guys that help make my hunny & I a very comfortable living....I just think a gift of "loyaly" for them plus lunch is a nice idea. What do you think?
Just tell them you'll have a case of "Bukweiser" :yuk: for them if they show... They'll be there :rollside: :rollside:

dirty old man
04-27-2006, 10:31 AM
If you want to hear a heavy hitter, watch Lou Dobbs on CNN today at 3PM

Scream
You would need to have the "makeup" time next weekend or incure OT this weekend if you want to work ahead. Most companies work on a Sunday through Sat work week, so working ahead would be an extra day which incures OT.
We've got 55 employees and at least 40 of them are hispanic. I can sympathize with them about this issue, I wouldn't want to be forced back to Mexico either (or any other 3rd world country for that matter), but they should know how much it's going to hurt the company and thier prospects for a "secure future" with it. Employee loyalty, availability and productivity are very major components of any evaluation, and the "walkout" should be included in this process.
Any extraordinary actions by the employer may be considered discriminatory and I would guess that there will be an organized effort to persue "early retirement" by some who are subjected to discrimination at the hands of a white middle class business owner. If your payday is Monday, and they have to be present to get thier paycheck, then that's the rule. If you normally hold the check until they show up, then that's what you should do, if you change the rules without notice, you're setting yourself up for a problem later, IMO.
In our industry, there are just too many companies taking Monday off. We'll be open, but we're not expecting to get much done. We're considering a special treat for those who show up for work, but we're not sure yet. Our feelings on this range from understanding to just plain pissed off. In the end our business should not suffer, we'll figure out who is loyal to the company and who isn't and we'll know what to do if this happens again (and if we let it affect us, it will happen again, you can count on that).
May Day reminds me of the days in Soviet Russia where we'd see goose stepping commies marching behind missiles in front of Fat Cat party members standing in front of pictures of thier "hero's".
Good luck at any rate.
Scream

hoolign
Does my husband count? :crossx:
Your married?? you tramp! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
My guess is anyone who's first reaction is to "Fire Them" if they don't show up does not own a business where the majority of their employee's are mexican. Twelve out of my sixteen employee's are (legal) mexicans. If they choose not come to work on Monday and I fire them...I'm gonna be in a world of hurt and have a lot of pissed off customers that want there trailers fixed and back. We are slammed with huge back log of work right now and firing them is not an option for me. Good hard working employees are really tough to find.
I'm going to have a meeting with them and let them know how I feel about it if they plan on not showing up on Monday. I do a lot of favors for my guy's when they need something from me. I'm going to keep note of which ones don't show up on Monday and the next time they need a favor the answer will be a big fat "NO" and I will remind them why.
THis is how we feel as well.

FLEA DIDDY
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
It all boils down to " DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU " and they don't understand that. It's a shame that they are so ignorant as to want to take advantage of you and cost you money. They know they can get away with it BECAUSE AMERICANS WON'T DO SHIT ABOUT IT. If we did we wouldn't be having this thread. Good luck pixi.

RitcheyRch
04-27-2006, 10:33 AM
Agree. Let them see the American way of life. No handouts for these criminals.
Sweets, if these people walk out on you for the protest of something not related to your work.........and SHUT YOUR COMPANY DOWN!!!!
no two ways about it................FIRED!!!!!. now thats the Amercian way, I say give'em a taste of what they are protesting for.

hoolign
04-27-2006, 10:35 AM
God luck with the BS Geza and PIX...You should still go in he back ad kick em all in the junk :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:36 AM
You would need to have the "makeup" time next weekend or incure OT this weekend if you want to work ahead. Most companies work on a Sunday through Sat work week, so working ahead would be an extra day which incures OT.
We've got 55 employees and at least 40 of them are hispanic. I can sympathize with them about this issue, I wouldn't want to be forced back to Mexico either (or any other 3rd world country for that matter), but they should know how much it's going to hurt the company and thier prospects for a "secure future" with it. Employee loyalty, availability and productivity are very major components of any evaluation, and the "walkout" should be included in this process.
Any extraordinary actions by the employer may be considered discriminatory and I would guess that there will be an organized effort to persue "early retirement" by some who are subjected to discrimination at the hands of a white middle class business owner. If your payday is Monday, and they have to be present to get thier paycheck, then that's the rule. If you normally hold the check until they show up, then that's what you should do, if you change the rules without notice, you're setting yourself up for a problem later, IMO.
In our industry, there are just too many companies taking Monday off. We'll be open, but we're not expecting to get much done. We're considering a special treat for those who show up for work, but we're not sure yet. Our feelings on this range from understanding to just plain pissed off. In the end our business should not suffer, we'll figure out who is loyal to the company and who isn't and we'll know what to do if this happens again (and if we let it affect us, it will happen again, you can count on that).
May Day reminds me of the days in Soviet Russia where we'd see goose stepping commies marching behind missiles in front of Fat Cat party members standing in front of pictures of thier "hero's".
Good luck at any rate.
Scream
Thanks for the info. Good luck to you.
Our company is a much much smaller company. It truly will affect us on Monday.
But as for the paychecks....Im having a meeting today & letting them know what the situation will be & I am tyoing it up & having them sign it..........it will be a general letter to "All employees" Including the white ones! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:36 AM
Your married?? you tramp! :rollside:
You Pimp! :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:37 AM
It all boils down to " DON'T BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS YOU " and they don't understand that. It's a shame that they are so ignorant as to want to take advantage of you and cost you money. They know they can get away with it BECAUSE AMERICANS WON'T DO SHIT ABOUT IT. If we did we wouldn't be having this thread. Good luck pixi.
Thanks babe! :boxed:

hoolign
04-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the info. Good luck to you.
Our company is a much much smaller company. It truly will affect us on Monday.
But as for the paychecks....Im having a meeting today & letting them know what the situation will be & I am tyoing it up & having them sign it..........it will be a general letter to "All employees" Including the white ones! :rollside:
Then give the white guys a paid Tuesday off :D

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:38 AM
God luck with the BS Geza and PIX...You should still go in he back ad kick em all in the junk :crossx:
:crossx: :rollside: Thanks hun! I will be on with status update....as will the rest of you all I am sure....Monday! :mad:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:38 AM
Then give the white guys a paid Tuesday off :D
LMFAO!

hoolign
04-27-2006, 10:40 AM
LMFAO!
Or you could give everyone that showed up on Monday a cash bonus on Tuesday..not to stir the pot or anything :crossx:

91nordic29
04-27-2006, 10:43 AM
or pesos

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:46 AM
or pesos
:crossx: :rollside:

91nordic29
04-27-2006, 10:47 AM
what would you normally do if someone just didnt call or show up?
since arizona is a right to work state, you dont HAVE to have any reason to fire someone. even though not showing up is a good reason.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:50 AM
what would you normally do if someone just didnt call or show up?
since arizona is a right to work state, you dont HAVE to have any reason to fire someone. even though not showing up is a good reason.
Not the same here. Man that really sux..in AZ. :crossx:

pm069
04-27-2006, 10:50 AM
Pixi; I totally understand your feelings as far as the right thing to do...Tough call! Jordy hit the nail on the head, cut them loose and see how they like it. Not knowing your exact situation (mex to crackers), and if your shop can afford to miss a day of production. Tell them if they cause a shutdown at the shop on Monday that they will be fired. If they show up on Monday, allow them to celebrate Friday (Cynco de Mayo), with a day off. Let them choose. I think that they would rather recieve a day off, than loose the job. You'll find out how loyal they really are, and you can get a extra day at the river to reward yourselves! Just make sure that they understand ie. sign-in sheet, in english and spainish. Good luck! ps. There's plenty of whitees that don't mind working in a nice enviroment.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:52 AM
Pixi; I totally understand your feelings as far as the right thing to do...Tough call! Jordy hit the nail on the head, cut them loose and see how they like it. Not knowing your exact situation (mex to crackers), and if your shop can afford to miss a day of production. Tell them if they cause a shutdown at the shop on Monday that they will be fired. If they show up on Monday, allow them to celebrate Friday (Cynco de Mayo), with a day off. Let them choose. I think that they would rather recieve a day off, than loose the job. You'll find out how loyal they really are, and you can get a extra day at the river to reward yourselves! Just make sure that they understand ie. sign-in sheet, in english and spainish. Good luck! ps. There's plenty of whitees that don't mind working in a nice enviroment.
:rollside: Thanks!

hoolign
04-27-2006, 10:53 AM
How many of em post on ***boat?? :crossx:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 10:55 AM
How many of em post on ***boat?? :crossx:
Only the white ones! LOL! :220v: :rollside: See.......... we are hard workers here! :rollside:

little rowe boat
04-27-2006, 11:08 AM
This is the best idea.

pm069
04-27-2006, 11:14 AM
Only the white ones! LOL! :220v: :rollside: See.......... we are hard workers here! :rollside:
Let me know if your looking... I've also been told that I make a great boat beyotch. Ask dicudmore :)

DD_Tahiti
04-27-2006, 11:15 AM
If they are legal, then what are they supporting? This rally/demonstration is for ILLEGAL aliens who want a free pass to become legal. Every legal immigrant I’ve spoken to does not support the illegal aliens (immigrants) including my mother in law who came here legally from Argentina when she was 18. Another thing to look at is one way or another this whole illegal immigration issue is going to come to a head. They are either going to be forced to leave, which I believe in but don’t believe our government has the nads to do, or Bush’s Amnesty (guest worker program) will go into effect. If this happens, the illegal’s are going to have to provide proof that they have been here for X amount of years working. This is going to require paperwork from an employer stating that they have been working for them for X period of time. If they have been paying them under the table, no employer in their right mind is going to fess up to that. For those employer’s who have been hiring illegal’s, weather knowingly or unknowingly can get find up to 10k per illegal, so what happens when one of your “legal” workers comes to you for paperwork? Now, who knows how all this will play out, but it’s not looking good for small business that hire illegal’s, again knowingly or unknowingly.
It all boils down to what is legal and what is illegal. Can you think of any other event or situation where we reward someone for breaking the law?

hoolign
04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
If they are legal, then what are they supporting? This rally/demonstration is for ILLEGAL aliens who want a free pass to become legal. Every legal immigrant I’ve spoken to does not support the illegal aliens (immigrants) including my mother in law who came here legally from Argentina when she was 18. Another thing to look at is one way or another this whole illegal immigration issue is going to come to a head. They are either going to be forced to leave, which I believe in but don’t believe our government has the nads to do, or Bush’s Amnesty (guest worker program) will go into effect. If this happens, the illegal’s are going to have to provide proof that they have been here for X amount of years working. This is going to require paperwork from an employer stating that they have been working for them for X period of time. If they have been paying them under the table, no employer in their right mind is going to fess up to that. For those employer’s who have been hiring illegal’s, weather knowingly or unknowingly can get find up to 10k per illegal, so what happens when one of your “legal” workers comes to you for paperwork? Now, who knows how all this will play out, but it’s not looking good for small business that hire illegal’s, again knowingly or unknowingly.
It all boils down to what is legal and what is illegal. Can you think of any other event or situation where we reward someone for breaking the law?
everytime a politician gets paid :rollside:

abraman1326
04-27-2006, 11:18 AM
IMO I think rewarding the folks that show up on Monday is a good idea. Let everyone know today or tomorrow that you are doing something special for those that are showing up. Lunch, cash, it doesn't matter. I also like the idea of a comp day down the road, but w/ comm employees, this doesn't really work. Maybe you could offer to those that do show up a paid trip to the river w/ you and the Mr. this summer. I'm sure this might do a lot to change their minds about biting the hand that feeds them. Then once you take the good floks that have shown up on Mon, it'll really make the unloyal emps. think twice about biting the hand that feeds them. Just an idea. As far as paycheck, I am a firm believer that you should do something about it, but if there is already a presedence set, you can't change it now. Unfortunately, it sucks owning a business b/c you have such strict laws to follow, although CA is am employment at will state, you'll have all those NAACP, and rights group if you w/ hold paychecks. Good luck and let us know how this turns out...
BRA

DD_Tahiti
04-27-2006, 11:22 AM
everytime a politician gets paid :rollside:
LMAO.... This is true...

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 11:29 AM
Totally! They are legal except for the one that is on thin ice!

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 11:31 AM
IMO I think rewarding the folks that show up on Monday is a good idea. Let everyone know today or tomorrow that you are doing something special for those that are showing up. Lunch, cash, it doesn't matter. I also like the idea of a comp day down the road, but w/ comm employees, this doesn't really work. Maybe you could offer to those that do show up a paid trip to the river w/ you and the Mr. this summer. I'm sure this might do a lot to change their minds about biting the hand that feeds them. Then once you take the good floks that have shown up on Mon, it'll really make the unloyal emps. think twice about biting the hand that feeds them. Just an idea. As far as paycheck, I am a firm believer that you should do something about it, but if there is already a presedence set, you can't change it now. Unfortunately, it sucks owning a business b/c you have such strict laws to follow, although CA is am employment at will state, you'll have all those NAACP, and rights group if you w/ hold paychecks. Good luck and let us know how this turns out...
BRAI will keep you posted. Thanks :rollside:

Wally_Gator
04-27-2006, 11:40 AM
I feel for all of the business affected by this...
Unfortunately in KaliFornia... As an employer you are screwed..
A lunch for the ones that show up, a meeting to explain the circumstances, all sound great to me. The mailing of paychecks for those that do not show up, questionable....
It should go unsaid (if it is said this would be retalitory) that this will be remembered.. Write it down and those that do not show up, write it down. Down the road, oh you need and advance, a day off, need to borrow a piece of equipment? "Remember the day I asked you to coem to work and not affect the buisness? I am sorry I cannot help you with that..."
Raises and reviews should also reflect Monday's events good and bad...
As much as I would want to say Fock them all, one needs to be realistic.

XFactor
04-27-2006, 11:41 AM
Pixi,
I'm in the same business. Good techs are hard to come by. I sent a strong message to my staff. If you don't show on Monday, don't show on Tuesday. You're done. Kind of a risky move but I can't have them dictate to me how my business is going to run. We have over 25 hispanics employed and I don't think any will not show on Monday. 2 non-hispanics in the whole shop. Me and my wife. I know we'll be there. :D

Her454
04-27-2006, 11:44 AM
Pixi,
I'm in the same business. Good techs are hard to come by. I sent a strong message to my staff. If you don't show on Monday, don't show on Tuesday. You're done. Kind of a risky move but I can't have them dictate to me how my business is going to run. We have over 25 hispanics employed and I don't think any will not show on Monday. 2 non-hispanics in the whole shop. Me and my wife. I know we'll be there. :D
Good for you...........................

NashvilleBound
04-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Pixi,
I was going to post this exact idea too...... Good Luck and post the results.
Damn little brown units causing all this trouble............. :mad: :mad:

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
04-27-2006, 12:20 PM
12 OF 15 hispanics at our workplace. The PC police want you to call them hispanic but our work force is proud to be Mexican. I am treating it as a normal day, If you want vacation, schudule it, If you are "sick", call in within an hour of shift start and your good. A no call no show will be treated as a major offence which is spelled out in the employee pledge and dealt with accordingly. If you hire illegals and have a bitch, thatsyourown fault. What is your policy the day after the Superbowl, when Cinco de Mayo falls on a Mon, or World cup finals? Dont get me wrong, if nobody shows up I am going to be pissed.Iwill not do something irrational based on my political beliefs that in turn can bite me in the ass with the Labor board. I am all for some Civil Disobedience once and a while, people need some passion and The United States is getting soft. The Budweiser flu can hit us all.

laveydayz
04-27-2006, 12:25 PM
What he said!! SHIAT CAN THEM!!

XFactor
04-27-2006, 12:34 PM
12 OF 15 hispanics at our workplace. The PC police want you to call them hispanic but our work force is proud to be Mexican. I am treating it as a normal day, If you want vacation, schudule it, If you are "sick", call in within an hour of shift start and your good. A no call no show will be treated as a major offence which is spelled out in the employee pledge and dealt with accordingly. If you hire illegals and have a bitch, thatsyourown fault. What is your policy the day after the Superbowl, when Cinco de Mayo falls on a Mon, or World cup finals? Dont get me wrong, if nobody shows up I am going to be pissed.Iwill not do something irrational based on my political beliefs that in turn can bite me in the ass with the Labor board. I am all for some Civil Disobedience once and a while, people need some passion and The United States is getting soft. The Budweiser flu can hit us all.
Your right. The labor board would have me for lunch if I fired someone for 1 no show. The fact is my employees likely don't know that. Sending a clear message that I won't tolerate the absence gets their attention. They all know it's very easy to find ways to push an employee out. If they ban together and take Monday off, I'll replace them one by one. Not hard, just time consuming. I can't afford a 19k shut down in production.

Eliminator 4 Life
04-27-2006, 12:42 PM
Geza & I are so easy going! We dop so much for them...I guess thats why I feel so taken advantage of! They expect Geza & I to just say "OK" dont mind us...& the fact that we will have to close down for a day! :mad:
Can I get an application. I myself am mexican my dads parents are from mexico and my mom is white and I know I dont look mexican. I myself will never work May 5th so it looks like I get two days off this week haha naw but I am going to work may 1st but not CINCO DE MAYO :)

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 12:42 PM
We let them know that it will be considered an "Unexcused absence" & they CAN NOT use it as a vacation day since the proper paperwork was not filed with Geza or I.
We also explained to them that we respect their decision but cannot guarantee that there will not be reprecussions.
Loyalty pays....we will see what happends. ( Go figure..the ones that are legal are having the biggest problem) :yuk:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 12:43 PM
Can I get an application. I myself am mexican my dads parents are from mexico and my mom is white and I know I dont look mexican. I myself will never work May 5th so it looks like I get two days off this week haha naw but I am going to work may 1st but not CINCO DE MAYO :)
LOL! Your cute too! So this is double good for me! :rollside:

Her454
04-27-2006, 12:44 PM
( Go figure..the ones that are legal are having the biggest problem) :yuk:
They have the least to worry about............... :rolleyes:
Good for you Pixi, I hope they all show up and its business as usual for you - no headaches. And I respect the stand you guys are taking...............

abraman1326
04-27-2006, 12:47 PM
Your right. The labor board would have me for lunch if I fired someone for 1 no show. The fact is my employees likely don't know that. Sending a clear message that I won't tolerate the absence gets their attention. They all know it's very easy to find ways to push an employee out. If they ban together and take Monday off, I'll replace them one by one. Not hard, just time consuming. I can't afford a 19k shut down in production.
But if they are illegal anyway, they have no pot to piss in to begin w/. So I'm all for firing any illegal that no show's on Mon. But we all know how hard that would be to a company. It's a hard call, and I feel sorry for anyone that has to go through it. Thank god I'm not big enough that I need employees yet. LOL
BRA

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 12:47 PM
They have the least to worry about............... :rolleyes:
Good for you Pixi, I hope they all show up and its business as usual for you - no headaches. And I respect the stand you guys are taking...............
Thanks Hunny! :rollside: I will keep ya posted.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 12:48 PM
But if they are illegal anyway, they have no pot to piss in to begin w/. So I'm all for firing any illegal that no show's on Mon...
BRA
agreed.

rmylek
04-27-2006, 12:51 PM
I believe that you can't just switch it up. If you would normally mail a person's who is not there on Monday then you can mail them. If you would normally hold them, you have to hold them. You could send out a memo stating that from now on any EE not at work to pick up check will have their checks mailed, unless previous arrangements made, effective immediately. Also, this way if 50 peeps come in to make arrangements, you know who is not going to be there on Monday@!! however, most memos are sent in Payroll checks..... Post it at the time clocks in engish & espanol. :idea:
Why must we start posting things in spanish, last time I read the national language was English. If they can't ready it, they better learn fast.

jbtrailerjim
04-27-2006, 12:55 PM
Why must we start posting things in spanish, last time I read the national language was English. If they can't ready it, they better learn fast.
I don't post any of our company notices to our guy's in spanish. If they can't read it, they better find somebody that will read it and translate it for them.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 12:58 PM
I don't post any of our company notices to our guy's in spanish. If they can't read it, they better find somebody that will read it and translate it for them.
Totally!!! LMAO!

XFactor
04-27-2006, 12:58 PM
But if they are illegal anyway, they have no pot to piss in to begin w/.
No illegals employed here. All legit!!

abraman1326
04-27-2006, 01:01 PM
I was not trying to single anyone out, it was just a statement. Sorry if anyone took offense...
BRA

Eliminator 4 Life
04-27-2006, 01:08 PM
LOL! Your cute too! So this is double good for me! :rollside:
Thanks honey :)

jbtrailerjim
04-27-2006, 01:08 PM
We let them know that it will be considered an "Unexcused absence" & they CAN NOT use it as a vacation day since the proper paperwork was not filed with Geza or I.
We also explained to them that we respect their decision but cannot guarantee that there will not be reprecussions.
Loyalty pays....we will see what happends. ( Go figure..the ones that are legal are having the biggest problem) :yuk:
This is kind of what I have decided to do also.
Did any of them give you any indication if they were not planning on showing up on Monday?
I'm going to have a meeting with all of them tomorrow morning. I guess I'll see how it goes.

Jbb
04-27-2006, 02:11 PM
The workers in my tire factory ....will be at work on time Monday!... :)
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/181rs0019.jpg

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 04:55 PM
This is kind of what I have decided to do also.
Did any of them give you any indication if they were not planning on showing up on Monday?
I'm going to have a meeting with all of them tomorrow morning. I guess I'll see how it goes.
Yes...it seems that I have a feeling they still wont show. They all sat there quiet. Our lead painter said he will work extra hard today & tomorrow to get everything done before Monday. Good luck.

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Oh geesh JBB!!! LMAO!

hoolign
04-27-2006, 04:57 PM
Christ man..the onein the middle obviously has to pee..where's your compassion...they all look tired! :mad:

Waldo
04-27-2006, 04:57 PM
So I guess I shouldn't bring my wife's car by Monday, huh?? :p

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
So I guess I shouldn't bring my wife's car by Monday, huh?? :p
LMAO! Geza & I will be there babe...but Tuesday would probably be better! :p

hoolign
04-27-2006, 05:05 PM
LMAO! Geza & I will be there babe...but Tuesday would probably be better! :p
Oh yeah thats what the guy needs ,,stare at the bosses wifes tits ...get a smack in the back in the head and a 25% increase on the invoice :rolleyes:

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 05:11 PM
Oh yeah thats what the guy needs ,,stare at the bosses wifes tits ...get a smack in the back in the head and a 25% increase on the invoice :rolleyes:
Hunny..that only happens to you & DJunkie! :crossx:

hoolign
04-27-2006, 05:12 PM
that's it..i'm going to the rally! :mad: Viva la Illegal...Viva la Illegal

pixilatedpussy
04-27-2006, 05:14 PM
that's it..i'm going to the rally! :mad: Viva la Illegal...Viva la Illegal
Well you would fit right in! Ya gonna wave the Canadian flag while your at it??

hoolign
04-27-2006, 05:19 PM
Well you would fit right in! Ya gonna wave the Canadian flag while your at it??
Yeah right..I'm gonna turn it into a smoke show!

bchbum
04-27-2006, 05:31 PM
What will you do if next time they have a rally for 2,3 days or even a week? Let them off easy this time , they will press it .

dicudmore
04-27-2006, 05:33 PM
excellent I'm safe :cool:

Jbb
04-27-2006, 05:53 PM
Christ man..the onein the middle obviously has to pee..where's your compassion...they all look tired! :mad:
Tired ...is just a state of mind.......and they can ...pee....on their scheduled 7 minute break.... :mad:

J540
04-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Luckly the Hispanic guys that work at my shop laugh at all this nonsence. They realize that supporting the company they work for is way more importand.
Put up help wanted signs next to the time clock with a note attached, "posistions opening Monday May 1st". Put your foot down. Dont let them run your biz.
I have guys that work for me that say the same thing, This SHIT is BULL SHIT and laught on how USA has no BALLS. Enforce the F,ING LAW that we have. USA is a GREAT place, Be F,ING cause we made it that way, WTF. Yes you are going to have illegals working here that dosen't mean open the F,ING door to all of them. if F,ing people that hire them wernt so F,ING GREEDY trying to put every penny in ther pocket and hire US CITIZEN and pay them a bit more And dont say that legal people dont want to do thouse jobs cuz they dont pay, That is BULL SHIT i heard of some field workers that make good money. This PRO-TESTICLE rally is BS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I belive the Major told us that we would not get paid for the day off and that we have to follow City pollicy on time off request.
F%^* this shit is so F,ED up.

myoung
04-27-2006, 06:24 PM
When Monday rolls around and you can see who did and who didn't show for work, perhaps that would be a good day for employee evaluations. You could give all the guys that are obviously the loyal ones a small unexpected pay raise just to say thank you. Wouldn't have to be big, just something the others missed out on. That would be something that the no shows would miss out on every single pay day from then on and remind them of their actions. Hit them in the wallet, that's the only thing they understand, especially commision guys.
I used to work in collision, body man, and I know how much something like this could affect a body shop. You are already dealing with angry customers and intolerant insurance companies every day as it is, an entire day when nothing gets done and all your phone calls end in 'Sorry we can't help you today' can be incredibly difficult to sweep under the carpet and get past. The shop I worked at would not have fired anybody in this circumstance, but you sure as hell wouldn't get any favors from them after something like this from that point on. And you know guys that work at body shops love all those perks like getting their cars fixed up and painted for cheap or even free.
In the end, company loyalty just doesn't exist anymore. When these guys are willing to let the boss suffer for something that doesn't even relate to them, what does that say. You could be the most giving employer on the planet, but when something like these rallies pop up they just want to jump on the bandwagon to get a day off work. They could care less what it's going to cost you.
:yuk:

JAY4SPEED
04-27-2006, 07:15 PM
If they do take Monday off and show up for work tuesday, my suggestion is to make them stay 2 hours extra Tues, Wed, Thurs, and Fri to make up for lost production and they have a chance at making up their docked wages. Of course I'd put them on the shit list and no favors for a while.
Jay

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Well I guess monday I will be sitting on my ass at work on ***boat. When they did that last gay ass rally we had hardly no customers. I sell autoparts and a vas majority of my customers are hispanic. The only good thing about monday is that I can float around at work:D That will give me time to get rid of my hangover from the boat drags:D

HOOTER SLED-
04-27-2006, 07:44 PM
Phuck these beaners. Fire them all. :D If they call in sick, it's a sick day. What else u gonna do? Give them their checks when they come back.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
04-27-2006, 08:10 PM
Give them a loooooooooong vacation :crossx:

rivercrazy
04-27-2006, 08:36 PM
If they do not understand the privlidge they enjoy working for your company and take the day off, they are not the good employees you thought you had in the first place. Shit can them and find hard working non-hispanics to replace them. That will send a very clear message who is in charge.

sleekcraft137
04-28-2006, 04:37 PM
Since they love Mexico so much pay em in pesos!

rmarion
04-28-2006, 06:25 PM
If they don't show up for work on Monday, hire temps for replacement and give them the rest of the week off w/o pay..........

HCS
04-28-2006, 09:31 PM
I agree. Don't show up for work. See ya, your fired!

womba
05-01-2006, 04:25 PM
So what happened? Did your employees show up today?

pm069
05-02-2006, 08:06 AM
Yeah, what was the outcome!

XFactor
05-02-2006, 08:13 AM
Not one missing. In fact, they marched down Pico in front of the shop for about an hour at approx 3:00. Not one employee left to join them. I gave all employees the option to join the 4:00 march. Only 5 out of 25 took the opportunity. Time for a company provided BBQ. During their one hour lunch of course. :D

pixilatedpussy
05-02-2006, 08:43 AM
Only 2. :mad:

JB in so cal
05-02-2006, 08:47 AM
Out of how many? That sucks!

OGShocker
05-02-2006, 08:59 AM
We had 100% show up yesterday. We called a MANDATORY meeting on health care issues. Now, our housekeeper is another story. :mad:

womba
05-02-2006, 10:15 AM
That sucks! Maybe reward the two that showed up in front of the other no show mofo's.

jbtrailerjim
05-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Well that sucks. I'm happy to say that all of my guy's showed up to work yesterday. They were warned on Friday that I expected them all to be at work on Monday or they would face some type of disciplinary action against them.

little rowe boat
05-02-2006, 10:41 AM
So, what are you going to do? Kick them to the curb. Say adious,hasta la vista baby.

topless
05-02-2006, 10:51 AM
That sucks! Maybe reward the two that showed up in front of the other no show mofo's.The only reward should be their paychecks. The ones that didn't show up should slowly be replaced. I say start putting up help wanted signs. This whole issue angers me to no end.

abraman1326
05-02-2006, 10:59 AM
I would do a write up for those that didn't show up. If you have a policy in place where after som many write up's, you are gone no matter what, this would be 1 strike against them. I hope it didn't slow down business too much...
BRA

pixilatedpussy
05-02-2006, 11:26 AM
Still trying to play catch up from yesterday. I dont know what we will do....We havent been too friendly toward them today.

topless
05-02-2006, 11:28 AM
Still trying to play catch up from yesterday. I dont know what we will do....We havent been too friendly toward them today.Tell the ones that didn't show that due to loss of business yesterday, they all have to take a pay cut. :crossx: