PDA

View Full Version : First Time in Parker

famaffair
05-16-2005, 05:58 AM
We will be Parker, staying at the Bluewater this weekend. Can anyone give me a few places to hang out and beach? I will have the kids with me :) :) :)
Thanks

riverbound
05-16-2005, 06:00 AM
Directly accross form where you are staying is the lower Sandbar. If you go upriver across from Foxes is another sandbar. Those are very popular places to hang out. You can also go all the way up to the dam and then just float down. Have fun out there.

JetBoatRich
05-16-2005, 06:10 AM
I agree go to the dam up river and float, there are a few places to eat along the river and relax.
Sandbar across from the hotel is nice :rolleyes: kids will like the waterslide at the hotel :D

Mandelon
05-16-2005, 09:03 AM
If you're taking the kids, the little sandbar (that's what us OGs have called it for years, big and little sandbar :D ) across from Sundance is where all the families hang out. Unlike big sandbar, there's a beach and the water is shallow out to 100' from the shoreline. Also, there's a hot dog vendor that hangs out there every weekend, so you don't have to worry about packing lunch for the kids, just buy them a few $2 hot dogs.
That's it. The lower end sandbar across from Bluewater has a lot of rocks and shells in the water, take some slaps or sandals to keep from cutting your feet. My kids love to snorkel there....they find necklaces, glasses and for some strange reason...beer cans! :confused: :D watch out for the rockpile....
Upper sandbar, across from Sundance and the house with the plants on the roof is nice. Go early if you want to stay off the weeds.
Further up are some small beaches if you want more privacy. Motor in slow, trim up and don't suck up sand. Their size will vary depending upon the flow levels.
There's only a few hazards and they are pretty well marked.
Its a great place.

JackieV
05-16-2005, 10:32 PM
Don't anyone stay at the Motel 6 in Parker....sick, sick, sick! :eek: Our room was infested with black water bugs or so that's what I think they were...and it was my first time in Parker too. :yuk:

JackieV
05-17-2005, 09:46 AM
Well they grossed me out! I don't like any kinda bug or spider, harmless or not. I guess I'm just a sissy-la-la! :D

MudPumper
05-17-2005, 10:39 AM
Don't anyone stay at the Motel 6 in Parker....sick, sick, sick! :eek: Our room was infested with black water bugs or so that's what I think they were...and it was my first time in Parker too. :yuk:
Jackie, they were all over Parker not just the Motel 6. Most of the business were having problems with them. They will go away. :D

RiverDave
05-17-2005, 10:51 AM
when you get tired of hangin out on the water and beach, run thru the keyes and follow the empty practice beer (coors light) cans and cigg butts to a place called "rd's" - it's a nice "family" relaxation atmosphere. there will be plenty of "entertainment" there and you might even get a chance to suck on the 6 man beer bong or rev up the 5 hp motorized blender - have fun and kids, go blind folded - keyes
You'll recognize the place because there's a honda sit down jetski on a lift on the dock. Just ask for RiverDean.
RD

RiverDave
05-17-2005, 11:04 AM
i think you could stand up on that thing, but who knows, it's a fixture and has been one for months - may have to break it out mem. day weekend - and hey where's my dice clock ??
Where's my swamp cooler? I'll trade you a dice clock installed, for some used (don't give a shit so long as it cools) swamp cooler installed.. Or atleast supervised installation.
RD :D

RiverDave
05-17-2005, 11:06 AM
You should have said something, I just threw away two perfectly good swamp coolers last month.
Son of a biatch.... I just want one for my garage.
RD

pixilatedpussy
05-17-2005, 11:07 AM
We will be Parker, staying at the Bluewater this weekend. Can anyone give me a few places to hang out and beach? I will have the kids with me :) :) :)
Thanks
Give them some tokens and send them to play video games at Road Runner...while you experience the body shots of Tequila Rose on the bar!!!! FUN! :rollside:

Biglue
05-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Yo Famaffair, how's it hanging? Did you do Perris this weekend afterall? How was it?

mbrown2
05-17-2005, 12:54 PM
If you want a place to get out of the sun and the kids to play some games, stop at Buckskin; just across from Big Bend on the AZ side (north of Echo Lodge and the upper Sandbar)...
Lots of games for the kids and cheap pitchers of beer.

Tequila-John
05-17-2005, 01:03 PM
Parker Dreams!!!!!!

RiverDave
05-17-2005, 01:34 PM
you never said if you wanted a roof mount or a side-wall mount ??
I'd prefer a roof mount so that it blows down into the garage kinda deal. Side mount would probably be easier to install though?? What do you think?
RD

famaffair
05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Yo Famaffair, how's it hanging? Did you do Perris this weekend afterall? How was it?
Yeah , I got out there a little late though. We are headed to Parker this weekend for the first time. Looking forward to it.

bchbum
05-17-2005, 07:26 PM
We'll be at Bluewater this weekend , first trip this year with no kids . We are going see Gallagher perform there Saturday night . Look for the blue & white Ultra jet -open bow . Will be at Road runner Saturday for the Bloody marys

famaffair
05-19-2005, 08:31 PM
looking forward to meeting some of the people from the boards. see you all there

Jordy
05-19-2005, 08:47 PM
I'd prefer a roof mount so that it blows down into the garage kinda deal. Side mount would probably be easier to install though?? What do you think?
RD
Just do a side mount and make it portable. That's what I have for my garage and it worked great on my back porch at my old house too. ;)