PDA

View Full Version : well anybody do anything this weekend?

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 11:13 AM
whats going on? its too quite in here!!!!

esabataj
05-16-2005, 11:18 AM
whats going on? its too quite in here!!!!
Why did ya go and wake me up?????????????????????????
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3115/4867uploaded_DOGTIRE.gif

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Why did ya go and wake me up?????????????????????????
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/3115/4867uploaded_DOGTIRE.gifcause your suppossed to be working!!! whats happening?

Devilman
05-16-2005, 11:21 AM
Hopefully finish the boat... how 'bout you? Your parts ever come in you were waiting for?

esabataj
05-16-2005, 11:26 AM
cause your suppossed to be working!!! whats happening?
Been busy this Am. Have ya made that phone call yet. I'm interested on how they respond to you.
Nothing much new on this end. Didn't get notin done on the 19 this weekend. :frown:
Too much other crap going on.
How about you. Get into any trouble over the weekend?

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 11:26 AM
Hopefully finish the boat... how 'bout you? Your parts ever come in you were waiting for?got everything but the aluminum heads, but if they dont come in time for sommerville all i have to do is put the valve covers and the headers back on and im ready to go.

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Been busy this Am. Have ya made that phone call yet. I'm interested on how they respond to you.
Nothing much new on this end. Didn't get notin done on the 19 this weekend. :frown:
Too much other crap going on.
How about you. Get into any trouble over the weekend?already made that call! they said if i couldnt get the spots and streaks off or if i just didnt like it period to send them back on their $$$ and they would re-coat and polish and mail back to me at their cost even if it were after summer they would still honer the repairs. so they are bustin their hump to make it right.

esabataj
05-16-2005, 11:31 AM
got everything but the aluminum heads, but if they dont come in time for sommerville all i have to do is put the valve covers and the headers back on and im ready to go.
Than the reason you're not coming down for Memorial Day is What :)

Devilman
05-16-2005, 11:32 AM
got everything but the aluminum heads, but if they dont come in time for sommerville all i have to do is put the valve covers and the headers back on and im ready to go.
I hear you. Who woulda thought boats could ever have so many pieces?!? :messedup: :D :D

esabataj
05-16-2005, 11:37 AM
already made that call! they said if i couldnt get the spots and streaks off or if i just didnt like it period to send them back on their $$$ and they would re-coat and polish and mail back to me at their cost even if it were after summer they would still honer the repairs. so they are bustin their hump to make it right.
Thats good to hear!!! Now we know that they stand behind what they do. :D

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 11:38 AM
Than the reason you're not coming down for Memorial Day is What :)you said you werent going cause your too busy!!! haha,i just cant make it, too many things catching up with me,almost through with the fence in front of the house,today will be 8 straight days working on it and im pooped! the pool is warm enough to swim in but i've been too busy to vacum it,,kinda green on the bottom... you know how those alligators can be!!

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 11:40 AM
I hear you. Who woulda thought boats could ever have so many pieces?!? :messedup: :D :Doh yea somthing tells me i should also put the new throttle cable in the boat being the hot foot is laying on the ground beside the boat :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea

Devilman
05-16-2005, 11:50 AM
oh yea somthing tells me i should also put the new throttle cable in the boat being the hot foot is laying on the ground beside the boat :hammerhea :hammerhea :hammerhea
You saying that reminds me, are foot throttles pretty generic? How would I go about IDing what type cable I need? The base of my throttle is broken. I can use it if I really have to, but just kind of a pain getting it screwed down, thought about replacing it. The cable is operational, but leaves a little to be desired if ya know what I mean... I can't find any kind of ID on the cable or the foot throttle.

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 11:58 AM
You saying that reminds me, are foot throttles pretty generic? How would I go about IDing what type cable I need? The base of my throttle is broken. I can use it if I really have to, but just kind of a pain getting it screwed down, thought about replacing it. The cable is operational, but leaves a little to be desired if ya know what I mean... I can't find any kind of ID on the cable or the foot throttle.most cables are pretty much generic in this catagory,when i ordered my cable from rex marine all they ask me was how long it was from thread tip to thread tip and the size of the thread. yea pretty basic..what part is broken on your hot foot?

Devilman
05-16-2005, 12:04 PM
The base... As of right now, the pedal is on one half, and where the cable runs thru & attaches is on the other. It was like that when I bought the boat, looks like its been broken for a long time. Somebody tried to JB weld it to no avail. Like I said, it's usable, cause the 2 halves line up damn near perfectly & there's mounting holes on both sides of the break, but just kind of crappy & a general pain in the rump to get mounted.

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 12:13 PM
The base... As of right now, the pedal is on one half, and where the cable runs thru & attaches is on the other. It was like that when I bought the boat, looks like its been broken for a long time. Somebody tried to JB weld it to no avail. Like I said, it's usable, cause the 2 halves line up damn near perfectly & there's mounting holes on both sides of the break, but just kind of crappy & a general pain in the rump to get mounted.kinda hard to tell without seeing it but i'll bet when we get to sommerville and we put all our heads together we can come up with a solution that will fix it!

Taylorman
05-16-2005, 12:18 PM
Hey old buck, what kind of heads you buy? What did you have coated. Im so ready for Somerville i cant stand it.
Kevin

Devilman
05-16-2005, 12:25 PM
My wife found one on ebay that was going for $65 or something like that. That throttle wouldn't be difficult to replace. Might end up with a couple extra screw holes in the floor, but that's what silicone's for right? Figure I'll use this one for now, get her going, then swap it at a later date. Woo hoo! Did somebody say Sommerville?

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Hey old buck, what kind of heads you buy? What did you have coated. Im so ready for Somerville i cant stand it.
KevinAir Flow Research (AFR) 104cc chamber rect. port. i had the headers and valve covers done at jet-hot.

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 12:32 PM
My wife found one on ebay that was going for $65 or something like that. That throttle wouldn't be difficult to replace. Might end up with a couple extra screw holes in the floor, but that's what silicone's for right? Figure I'll use this one for now, get her going, then swap it at a later date. Woo hoo! Did somebody say Sommerville?that doesnt sound like a bad deal! i havent priced them though? you better do somthing your gonna look real funny with a big string tied to your big toe for the throttle...

Devilman
05-16-2005, 12:35 PM
that doesnt sound like a bad deal! i havent priced them though? you better do somthing your gonna look real funny with a big string tied to your big toe for the throttle...
That'd be somethin wouldn't it!! Too funny, now I've got a back up plan! I think last time I looked at Rex, they were around $125?? Gimme a sec, I've got the Rex site up in another window, I'll just look.

Devilman
05-16-2005, 12:43 PM
Mine doesn't look exactly like those, but pretty similar. Mine would be a push throttle I guess... Here they be:
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/360213.jpg
$97.65
That's like the one on ebay. They go up to the mid $100s from there...

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 12:57 PM
Mine doesn't look exactly like those, but pretty similar. Mine would be a push throttle I guess... Here they be:
http://shopping.rexmar.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/360213.jpg
$97.65
That's like the one on ebay. They go up to the mid $100s from there...thats still not a bad price!

Devilman
05-16-2005, 01:17 PM
Naah, I didn't think so either. Get that & a new cable to go along with it, have the whole throttle situation covered for less than $150 or so!

Taylorman
05-16-2005, 01:25 PM
Air Flow Research (AFR) 104cc chamber rect. port. i had the headers and valve covers done at jet-hot.
Wow AFR's huh, someones big ballin. They are tops from what i hear.
What you mean 104Cc, you have a BBC right? I thought afr's started at 305CC chambers?

Devilman
05-16-2005, 01:41 PM
Well Old Buck, you were asking about the weekend. If the weather cooperates, I'll be finishing these! I'm pretty proud of how they turned out!
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11456&stc=1
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11457&stc=1

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 01:43 PM
Wow AFR's huh, someones big ballin. They are tops from what i hear.
What you mean 104Cc, you have a BBC right? I thought afr's started at 305CC chambers?they do but with the iron heads i have now i have around 9.75-1 on compression with the 305's it would have taken it down to about 8 to 1. the 305cc are made for pop up pistons so they say,all they did was angle mill the new heads to make the chambers 104cc's so they will work well with my flat top pistons and kick the compression back right at 10-1 and i can stay on 87 octane or up if i want to!

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 01:44 PM
Well Old Buck, you were asking about the weekend. If the weather cooperates, I'll be finishing these! I'm pretty proud of how they turned out!
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11456&stc=1
http://www.theinsideline.net/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=11457&stc=1
huh nothing but red X'S

Devilman
05-16-2005, 01:51 PM
I'll be damned! They showed up for me!? Lemme try again...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029new_interior1.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029new_interior2.jpg

Devilman
05-16-2005, 01:52 PM
Not tryin to double post, did they come out that time?!?

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 01:55 PM
Not tryin to double post, did they come out that time?!?yep they came out,,,looking good! looks like one to go and you'll be through!

Taylorman
05-16-2005, 01:59 PM
Oh, 104 chambers. I thought you were talking about the intake runners. Got it. Those should be bad a**. Can't wait to see them.

Devilman
05-16-2005, 02:00 PM
Damn near!! Thank you! Guys, I gotta split! Speak with you gentlemen later!

oldbuck40
05-16-2005, 02:08 PM
Oh, 104 chambers. I thought you were talking about the intake runners. Got it. Those should be bad a**. Can't wait to see them.yea i cant wait till they get here,should lighten up the sj quite a bit! well im outta here too gotta go to my other job,at the honey do ranch!

Greaser
05-16-2005, 02:26 PM
Hey Old Buck, Good to hear that Jet Hot is trying to help you out.
I got to go out to Somerville, yesterday, but kinda had some problems :(

460rogers
05-16-2005, 03:42 PM
Sorry i couldn't make it out Sat., got called in to work.
I heard there was a jet that wasn't running good was that you Greaser?
If so did you find the problem?

oldbuck40
05-17-2005, 05:56 AM
Hey Old Buck, Good to hear that Jet Hot is trying to help you out.
I got to go out to Somerville, yesterday, but kinda had some problems :(you either do or dont,whats this kinda stuff??? what happened?

Greaser
05-17-2005, 08:51 AM
Sorry i couldn't make it out Sat., got called in to work.
I heard there was a jet that wasn't running good was that you Greaser?
If so did you find the problem?
Well, if it was on saturday, it wasnt me. I didnt go out till sunday

Greaser
05-17-2005, 09:04 AM
you either do or dont,whats this kinda stuff??? what happened?
Well, When I launched, everthing went well. But, after about 10 minutes of cruising around, and 1 pass at WOT, I noticed that I wasnt getting my max rpm, so I let off,then hammer it again, and then I get my max rpm. So then I start to slow down, and get into the no wake zone, and get to an idle. After that I notice that My oil preasure is droping. (it droped all the way to zero) So I shut it off, and coast back to shore. I got out, and checked to see if I had an oil puddle, (no) so I let the motor cool down some, and I check my oil. The oil level was higher than normal, really thin, and smelled like gas. Oh, I forgot to mention that when I was at idle, I had alot of black smoke coming from the exhast.
So, I put it back on the trailer, and jumped into my parents boat, and had a great day tubing. :D

Devilman
05-17-2005, 09:42 AM
That sux! There's a lot to be said for making it back to the ramp though. I've done enough "floating broke" to last me already. Hey, you did have a back-up boat though! I've seriously considered buying another run around boat to have on hand for breakdowns or fishing & stuff... :D

Greaser
05-17-2005, 09:51 AM
Yea, my parents have a 20' larson pleasure boat, with a small block ford, with a Volvo Penta Drive. Its not a speed demon, but it holds up to 10 people, and can pull a tube very well.

oldbuck40
05-17-2005, 10:10 AM
hey greaser did you ever check the power valve like we talked about the other day? even when you have the engine shut down after a run there is still enough pressure in the fuel line to fill the bowl,and if the power valve is busted it will dump right in the motor, maybe explaining your oil level problem and no oil pressure cause the oil thinned down so much. you could also have a float level too high!

Greaser
05-17-2005, 01:56 PM
Well, I went to talk to one of our local Drag racers, and he said he would take a look at it. So I took the boat to his shop, so hopefully he will get me going. :D

blowngas
05-17-2005, 02:19 PM
Are you running a mechanical fuel pump attached to the block??---if so, sometimes the diaphrams will come apart and leak gas into the oil---had one do it on an old ford years ago---if not---?????----check with some of the ford guys on the board here----I don't have good luck with fords!!! :(

Greaser
05-18-2005, 09:12 AM
No, I am running a holley blue electric. We tore down the carb, and changed the jets down 2 sizes (I bought the carb used, and the prev. owner had it jetted up), also found some trash in the front fuel bowl. We got it back together, and played with the timing abit and we are gonna try it out tomorrow after work.
Hey Omega...... I finally put a timing light on it :rollside:

baja204
05-18-2005, 02:51 PM
Who will be out on Summerville this weekend, Like to meet a few of you.
Rebell Yell
Bandit 496HO
Katy, Tx.
:) :)

TexasJet
05-18-2005, 05:30 PM
I would sure like to. I will know for sure Friday afternoon. If I make it, I will be lookin' for ya. TJ

sdba069
05-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Hey Jeff........ Did you ever get yours back in the water????????

TexasJet
05-19-2005, 03:58 AM
Hey Jeff........ Did you ever get yours back in the water????????
Check your PM'S

Greaser
05-19-2005, 08:33 AM
Who will be out on Summerville this weekend, Like to meet a few of you.
Rebell Yell
Bandit 496HO
Katy, Tx.
:) :)
I'll be there, as long as we get some good weather :D
Silver and white Southwind jet boat w/ ot headers
I'll be lookin for ya!

oldbuck40
05-19-2005, 08:38 AM
I'll be there, as long as we get some good weather :D
Silver and white Southwind jet boat w/ ot headers
I'll be lookin for ya!did you ever get the carb problem figured out?

Greaser
05-19-2005, 08:41 AM
did you ever get the carb problem figured out?
I think so. We found some trash in the front fuel bowl, and we changed the jets in the carb. And we also played with the timing a bit. We are supposed to go out to the lake when I get off work today to see how it runs :D

oldbuck40
05-19-2005, 08:58 AM
I think so. We found some trash in the front fuel bowl, and we changed the jets in the carb. And we also played with the timing a bit. We are supposed to go out to the lake when I get off work today to see how it runs :Ddid you get an 850? im looking at my book here on the demon 850 and the jet size's are 85 in the front and 93 in the rear. my BBC is just a 491 CI so you should be fine to start in that area,just make damn sure you dont go to lean.....just remember this and you will be ok,,some's good! more is better!! and too much is just enough!!! :D :D :D

Greaser
05-19-2005, 09:12 AM
We put 84's in front and 86's in the rear.

oldbuck40
05-19-2005, 10:15 AM
We put 84's in front and 86's in the rear.i think your front jets would be ok at 84 but the 750 shows to have 83 and your's is an 850 i think i would get it a little closer to 91 or 92 in the rear to be on the safe side. if you lean it out too long you can kiss the engine goodbye.