PDA

View Full Version : The Quagmire (iraq)

Not So Fast
05-16-2005, 12:13 PM
I know,I know, this should be in Political Rhetoric but no one reads that. How do you guys feel about this mess we have going in Iraq. I subscribe to Rolling Stone and their monthly "National Affairs" (plus other articles I read) section covers the war this month. The news is bad and getting worse. Most of the Iraq Police forces trained by our forces are defecting to the insurgents! The cost of the war is now at $192 billion, 1535 brave U.S. men & women have lost their lives, 177 allied troops and 229 private contractors as well. How many soldiers come home to financial ruin and bankruptcy because of this unwanted war ?? The reason for this is the now forlorn "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION" we were told they had which we have never found. We now have 150,000 troops in that hell hole, 11,888 wounded soldiers, 51 dead jounalists and this President says "things are going well" but if you read outside of what the news media tells us and get what I feel is the real truth of whats happening over there it is about to explode in a major civil war. Then where will we be?? There is one semi-safe place called the Green Zone in Baghdad and even in there they say if you wander around at night they will most likely find your headless body the next day!!
What the hell are we still doing there, didn't we learn our lesson in Viet Nam!!
And if you can get your hands on this issue (May) take a look at our President walking in the rose garden at his Texas ranch with the Saudi Crown Prince, HOLDING HANDS AS THEY WALK!!! as oil hits an all time high. The look on the Presidents face is just too much too describe! How does this country still support this man.
I'll be bashed for being unpatriotic or anti Republican but I supprot our troops and the devine right to defend this country and because I am an American I am entitled to my opinion, GOD BLESS THE USA!! NSF

Schiada76
05-16-2005, 12:16 PM
Idiot

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Yep... :2purples:
I agree this belongs in the Political Rhetoric forum... can we get it moved???? :confused:

Blown 472
05-16-2005, 12:28 PM
Dude, don't bring reason into here, these guys are spoon fed from fox news and believe everything they hear.

LHC30Victory
05-16-2005, 12:32 PM
NSF - I will defend your right to your opinion and will suggest to others not to bash you for doing so.
On the other hand, your post sounds like you took an article that was designed to be agains Bush's administration (and the man himself) by using typical journalistic hype to inflame those who either will not or do not know how to find the truth and to balance that information.
I believe that Rollling Stone is a little slanted on their reporting as are other sources of our information.

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 12:33 PM
Reason?
Er um... Ok if you say so... :idea:
And I don't watch Fox news at all thank you very much! :D

Blown 472
05-16-2005, 12:35 PM
NSF - I will defend your right to your opinion and will suggest to others not to bash you for doing so.
On the other hand, your post sounds like you took an article that was designed to be agains Bush's administration (and the man himself) by using typical journalistic hype to inflame those who either will not or do not know how to find the truth and to balance that information.
I believe that Rollling Stone is a little slanted on their reporting as are other sources of our information.
And the corporate owned media that panders to bush isn't???

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 12:37 PM
And the corporate owned media that panders to bush isn't???
You mean like CBS, ABC and NBC, the New York and LA Times (Pravda)? Now that chit's funny. :coffeycup

Blown 472
05-16-2005, 12:39 PM
You mean like CBS, ABC and NBC, the New York and LA Times (Pravda)? Now that chit's funny. :coffeycup
Well considering that most of the media outlets ie radio and tv are owned by 6 companies and they want the restrictions lowered some more to buy up more stuff then yes they are pandering.

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 12:42 PM
Well considering that most of the media outlets ie radio and tv are owned by 6 companies and they want the restrictions lowered some more to buy up more stuff then yes they are pandering.
The bulk of the media is left biased in this country... with out a doubt. They wouldn't be caught dead pandering to Bush. Those that I listed in my post wouldn't be caught dead saying a kind word about him...
I say again, can we get this moved so I can ignore it like I have the rest of this political BS?

LAFD
05-16-2005, 12:46 PM
I say we pull the troops out bomb the place level it take the oil and use the land to ship convicts and other useless idiot outta the us. that ofcoarse is just my opinion. :argue:

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 12:50 PM
I say we pull the troops out bomb the place level it take the oil and use the land to ship convicts and other useless idiot outta the us. that ofcoarse is just my opinion. :argue:
Not a bad one... :coffeycup

wsuwrhr
05-16-2005, 12:54 PM
I hear about "all" the lives lost in Iraq. EVERY soldier IS significant.
I read another article, however slighted I am sure, but last year the number of people killed in gang related violence in LA alone, was staggeringly higher than the casualties of war in Iraq. Funny how nothing was on the news about it.
I don't know from first hand, war is ugly and brutal, and sometimes necessary.
I could find the numbers of soldiers lost during both World Wars if you need to find something to compare.
Dumb to recite it if it weren't true, "We will not falter, and we will not fail."
When I saw the pictures of Iraq, I believe the people need help. From someone. As rich as their "leaders" were, those people live in conditions that are deplorable to our standards.
It is a free country, at least that is what they tell us, and you have a right to your opinion, and I respect that.
Brian
just my worthless .02

Schiada76
05-16-2005, 01:07 PM
Well if you want unbiased "news" well there is always Newsweek...............uuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmm...... ..errrrrrrrrrrrrr. Let me rethink that and I'll get back to you.
"News" from the Rolling Stone, good fcng God. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 02:22 PM
Well if you want unbiased "news" well there is always Newsweek...
Thank GOD they set the record straight after that story about flushing the Koran down the john... too bad it was AFTER the riots and 16 deaths... :argue: :hammerhea

WYRD
05-16-2005, 02:25 PM
Why would you waste all that beautiful sand? that place makes Glamis look like a kitty litter box :crossx:

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 02:29 PM
Why would you waste all that beautiful sand? that place makes Glamis look like a kitty litter box :crossx:
Not wasting it... cleansing it. After all there are tons of mines in them thar dunes... a good air burst would remove those pesky land mines... :hammerhea

Kegel King
05-16-2005, 04:23 PM
I am so sick of hearing from you hand wringing libs crying about "the war For Oil"......I wish it was a War For Oil because our gas would be a buck a gallon.........Just Keep reading crap like Rolling Stone Mag ..I am sure you have to smoke two bowels from the bong before you are alowed to write for that mag I just cant belive anyone who loves fast boats on water would be a party to those who if they were in power the first thing they would do is take away our rights to own fastboats and not alow us to to be on the ecologicaly sensitive river because we might kill some river lice.....

Blown 472
05-16-2005, 05:23 PM
Here, read up.
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=101

MagicMtnDan
05-16-2005, 06:04 PM
* If you're getting your news and Iraqi war status from Rolling Stone you don't need to say any more.
* What about the good news? You don't know any? Just curious, how many lives do you think it would take to free a country of 26 million people? By the way, these people have been given their freedom. Freedom isn't free - now they have to fight to keep it and we are helping them get that capability so they can hold on to what we won for them.
* FYI: One of the world's most violent and deadly dictators has been deposed (Saddam Hussein). He killed tens of thousands of innocents there. That has stopped. Sure there are still killings (what country doesn't have them) but now the enemies of Iraqi freedom are doing it.
* You can stop talking about weapons of mass destruction now. :rollside:
* Final statement/question: How can you and your many other liberal buddies say you "support our troops" and not support the war they're fighting?! That's complete stupidity. You may want our troops to be safe and want them to not be there but you are not supporting our troops in the war they are fighting. It's hypocracy to claim you support the troops when you don't support what they are fighting for.
It`s impossible to support something while at the same time you are trying to undermine it.

hotlavey
05-16-2005, 06:42 PM
* If you're getting your news and Iraqi war status from Rolling Stone you don't need to say any more.
* What about the good news? You don't know any? Just curious, how many lives do you think it would take to free a country of 26 million people? By the way, these people have been given their freedom. Freedom isn't free - now they have to fight to keep it and we are helping them get that capability so they can hold on to what we won for them.
* FYI: One of the world's most violent and deadly dictators has been deposed (Saddam Hussein). He killed tens of thousands of innocents there. That has stopped. Sure there are still killings (what country doesn't have them) but now the enemies of Iraqi freedom are doing it.
* You can stop talking about weapons of mass destruction now. :rollside:
* Final statement/question: How can you and your many other liberal buddies say you "support our troops" and not support the war they're fighting?! That's complete stupidity. You may want our troops to be safe and want them to not be there but you are not supporting our troops in the war they are fighting. It's hypocracy to claim you support the troops when you don't support what they are fighting for.
It`s impossible to support something while at the same time you are trying to undermine it.
Right On!
Give'm hell Dan

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 06:47 PM
Here, read up.
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=101
That site is f'n hilarious, are you signed up as an "activist"? Another leftie organization passing itself off as an unbiased "Fair" organization. I signed up as an activist...(to get emails on issues). I want to see what these yahoos send me... I hope it's as much fun as what I get from the Wilderness Society. :p
I suppose you believe their propaganda... :rolleyes:

Kachina26
05-16-2005, 06:49 PM
NSF, you lost all credibility when Blowing 472 guys took your side.

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 06:49 PM
NSF, you lost all credibility when Blowing 472 guys took your side.
Ya think? :hammer2: :D

Panic Button
05-16-2005, 06:51 PM
Considering that there are embedded reporters in just about every AF squadron over there, and the military is doing alot of great things (yes I have first hand knowledge and my wife will be there in 2 weeks), why doesn't the liberal media report on any of the good things????? i.e Power Plants, building new schools, new water and electrical systems etc. F*CK ROLLING BONE...

TheLurker
05-16-2005, 06:52 PM
MMD,
I could not have said it any better. These boneheads that tell you they support our troups then turn around and undermine them with their very next breath. NUTS

kronikenergy
05-16-2005, 07:21 PM
How do I feel about this mess we have going in Iraq? Hmm. Glad you asked. Well first of all I don’t subscribe to Rolling Stone. I feel that the magazine sucks almost as much ass as the pussy cry-core corporate major label bands that they incessantly promote. Some one interested in conspiracy theory would probably have a field day investigating the relationship between that magazine and the corporate music world. If I did choose to read Rolling Stone I probably would have to take any political piece that they wrote with a grain of salt considering who their audience is and who they are attempting to sell their magazine to.
Back to the topic at hand. Before I begin please allow me to qualify myself. My father is a Vietnam veteran and my little brother is a west point graduate who is currently an officer in the us army. Much of the info that I have gathered on the conditions inside of Iraq has come directly from my brother while he was serving in Iraq. While in Iraq he was not just a foot soldier. He was assigned to work alongside the commanding generals and was privy to top-secret information that few people know. He has spoken with rumsfeld and met with him on his visits to Iraq. “The news is bad and getting worse?” That’s a pretty vague and general statement and although it might seem like things are bad now I happen to feel that things are much better than they were and at least at this point there is a possibility of improvement. As for the statement “Most of the Iraq Police forces trained by our forces are defecting to the insurgents!” Where did you get this statistic? Did you know that there are Iraqi Special Forces being trained by us who in order to become a member they either personally had to have been tortured or have had an immediate family member killed by Saddams’ men? The sad truth is that there is no shortage of these individuals and they are quite happy to take up the cause. As for the other Iraqi forces my brother has personally hung out with and gone on missions with many of them. He explained that most of the people who are drawn to the insurgency do it for purely financial reasons not religious fanaticism. Maybe the insurgency pays better? I wouldn’t want to be on their side though.
As far as the cost of the war. Do you know the cost of terrorism? When you add up the financial costs of airport security, Sept. 11th, the cost of the world trade centers in both real estate and innocent life (plus all the other peoples lives that were negatively affected). Not to mention the financial effect it had on the country, the stock market, the airline industry, the post office etc. etc. (remember the cost of cleaning up all that white powder) and oh by the way, I hope you don’t think that the anthrax was created in a small cave in Afghanistan. All things being equal, what is the most logical source of the anthrax? A rag tag bunch of fruitcakes or a belligerent nation who would love to injure us who, oh by the way had some lying around quite recently. Hint: don’t ask Michael Moore. By the way what do you think things would have been like if they had been a bit wiser in the delivery of that anthrax?
$192 billion, Sounds good to me. Oh by the way how about a few reasons to go to war even without any evidence of WMD? Here are a few…
1. The oil for food scandal. I’d pay the 192B just to right the wrong of saddam paying off French and Russian officials and in the meantime allowing the citizens/children of his country starve to death and die of easily treatable maladies.
2. Russia selling silkworm missiles, brand new rpg9’s right out of the box along with gps jamming hardware and personnel to train saddam’s troops on their use to use against our troops
3. The French selling missiles, explosives, grenades and hardware to saddam (but c’mon what kind of pussies use French weapons)
4. To try Saddam for war crimes and genocide
5. How about just to scare the living crap out of the Arab world so that even if they don’t respect us they will at least fear us because what the hell if every time the us gets F’ed with we invade a country I’d be willing to bet that people won’t F with us anymore.
6. Upset the illegal drug trade that finances much of terrorism.
7. Scare the crap out of Syria and Iran
8. Give the terrorists somewhere to go and something to do in a different part of the world.
9. Last but not least because my little brother says so. Like I said before my brother is privy to info that is not common knowledge. When I asked him what this whole war was about and was it all worth it he said hell ya. Without telling me anything that he shouldn’t he said that in 20 years when people start interviewing primary sources and some of this stuff becomes unclassified he said that yes, history will show that we were in the right. Oh, and by the way my brothers Bradley fighting vehicle was hit and his gunner and commander were killed.
10. Ask a Kurd. Any Kurd off the street. Ask em’ what they think. I’ve met and have known many Iraqi Kurds who grew up in Iraq under saddam hussien. I could tell you stories that they have told to me but I doubt they would be printed in this forum or if you would believe me.
Explode into a civil war? You mean to say that the murdering, raping, lying, stealing, cheating minority can’t get along with the majority of the population that they have tortured, beaten, raped and killed for the last 30 years? Hmm That’s odd. I recall that we had a civil war in this country a while back. Things seem to have ended up pretty well if ya ask me.
What the hell are we still doing there; didn’t we learn our lesson in Vietnam? Yeah, we did. Thanks. My dad got his guts ripped apart by an RPG in Vietnam. He is very proud of his service and believes that we were trying to do the right thing. Don’t believe him though, go to Vietnam. Look around. Ask the first person you meet whom they would rather have won the war.
As for the journalists. I could tell you stories of what they have done that would make you wish you could have killed them yourself. Like how every morning they call by phone (because they don’t leave the hotel) to ask how many soldiers had died the night before. When the answer is none my brother has actually heard a sigh from the other end and an abrupt hang up. They will then dial the next number on their list to try to locate a fatality to report. They do all of their reporting by phone over there, did you know that? What if the person who answers the phone lies to them, how would they know? Curious huh? Do you know how many hospitals they have opened over there? How many have you seen on the news? Schools? Libraries? Water treatment facilities? My brother prepared press kits for our journalists to attend these events. Guess how many showed up? ZERO!!! Al Arabia and al jazeera actually made it to more than we did. It’s no wonder that people think things are actually getting worse over there. Sorry, but I don’t believe it. My brother was there for the election and there was a change after that. What we are seeing may be the death throes of this insurgency who while we are on the subject dupe unsuspecting foreigners into becoming suicide bombers. Did you know that? Did you know that most suicide bombers are innocent foreign workers looking for a job? When they answer the add in the paper the “boss” tells them that they are to drive this delivery truck to this address and deliver a package. Guess what? The truck is loaded with explosives.
We aren’t supposed to be fighting this? We aren’t supposed to be standing up against the people who would do such things? I don’t care how we got there. I don’t care what the reasons. All I know is that I hope every one of these a-holes is dead before we leave.
As for the president and the Saudi prince. Ask Michael Moore about that. I mean the president meeting with a foreign head of state? What would they talk about? What could it possibly mean? He’s the president he meets with people. I find it more difficult to believe that the president has to meet with leaders from Russia and France who sold us out and stabbed us in the back for money. Because yes, countries are self-serving and yes they do what is in their best interest.

Kachina26
05-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Good post kronikenergy.

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Good post kronikenergy.
Indeed, just the right amount of anger and indignation. One minor correction...
Silkworm Missiles are a product of China... maybe they went through Russia though!
Regardless... awesome post!

Dr. Eagle
05-16-2005, 08:24 PM
This is the response I got after joining the email alert from the "FAIR" Web Page... See what you think these people's agenda is all about:
Thanks for joining FAIR-L, the internet mailing list of Fairness &
Accuracy In Reporting (FAIR). You can expect about one message per week
from FAIR. This is not a discussion list, but please feel free to forward
these messages or post them on various discussion groups.
FAIR, the national media watch group, has been offering well-documented
criticism of media bias and censorship since 1986. We work to invigorate
the First Amendment by advocating for greater diversity in the press and
by scrutinizing media practices that marginalize public interest, minority
and dissenting viewpoints. As an anti-censorship organization, we expose
neglected news stories and defend working journalists when they are
muzzled. As a progressive (that means LIBERAL)group, FAIR believes that structural reform is
ultimately needed to break up the dominant media conglomerates, (i.e. those EEEEEVIL CORPORATIONS) establish
independent public broadcasting and promote strong non-profit sources of
information. (Controlled by the "Progressives" In this country).
If you like what you read on FAIR-L, please consider subscribing to
Extra!, FAIR's print magazine. Subscriptions to Extra! are what keep our
organization going and allow us to keep distributing information via email
without charging or including advertisements.(In other words send us money or we'll have to be just like those same corporations we profess to despise) Find out more on our
website at:
http://www.fair.org/index.php?page=4
Our subscriber list is kept confidential, and will never be sold, rented
or given out to anyone.
Let us know how you found out about FAIR at the email address below. And
if you have examples of inaccurate or biased media coverage, please send
those as well.
FAIR
112 West 27th Street
6th floor
New York, NY 10001
212-633-6700
fair@fair.org
I rest my case....... :rolleyes:

bigq
05-16-2005, 11:09 PM
Nice Kronic ...and tell your little brother thanks. :)
I hear "WMD" and I know what's coming next, always the same shallow banter. Lately I have been at odds with the Bush Administration for a variety of issues, but I do believe they are on the right track for cutting back on world terrorism.

SHAKEN Not Stirred
05-16-2005, 11:34 PM
No wepons of mass destruction ?????
Ten's of thousands of bodies buried in mass graves......
Even small arms fire can be a wepon of mass destruction.....
Sometimes in your life you just gotta make a stand.....
We already waited too long.......
Are these people stoned, stupid, or both ?????
Don't you get it ?????
We're fighting for our right to exist !!!!!
Or did you miss that part ????
CJG
:hammerhea

Blown 472
05-17-2005, 04:49 AM
MMD,
I could not have said it any better. These boneheads that tell you they support our troups then turn around and undermine them with their very next breath. NUTS
Perhaps you could join the army and go over there to help out??
Some of you said you would be ok with this war if it were just for oil, is that correct??

Blown 472
05-17-2005, 04:55 AM
How do I feel about this mess we have going in Iraq? Hmm. Glad you asked. Well first of all I don’t subscribe to Rolling Stone. I feel that the magazine sucks almost as much ass as the pussy cry-core corporate major label bands that they incessantly promote. Some one interested in conspiracy theory would probably have a field day investigating the relationship between that magazine and the corporate music world. If I did choose to read Rolling Stone I probably would have to take any political piece that they wrote with a grain of salt considering who their audience is and who they are attempting to sell their magazine to.
Back to the topic at hand. Before I begin please allow me to qualify myself. My father is a Vietnam veteran and my little brother is a west point graduate who is currently an officer in the us army. Much of the info that I have gathered on the conditions inside of Iraq has come directly from my brother while he was serving in Iraq. While in Iraq he was not just a foot soldier. He was assigned to work alongside the commanding generals and was privy to top-secret information that few people know. He has spoken with rumsfeld and met with him on his visits to Iraq. “The news is bad and getting worse?” That’s a pretty vague and general statement and although it might seem like things are bad now I happen to feel that things are much better than they were and at least at this point there is a possibility of improvement. As for the statement “Most of the Iraq Police forces trained by our forces are defecting to the insurgents!” Where did you get this statistic? Did you know that there are Iraqi Special Forces being trained by us who in order to become a member they either personally had to have been tortured or have had an immediate family member killed by Saddams’ men? The sad truth is that there is no shortage of these individuals and they are quite happy to take up the cause. As for the other Iraqi forces my brother has personally hung out with and gone on missions with many of them. He explained that most of the people who are drawn to the insurgency do it for purely financial reasons not religious fanaticism. Maybe the insurgency pays better? I wouldn’t want to be on their side though.
As far as the cost of the war. Do you know the cost of terrorism? When you add up the financial costs of airport security, Sept. 11th, the cost of the world trade centers in both real estate and innocent life (plus all the other peoples lives that were negatively affected). Not to mention the financial effect it had on the country, the stock market, the airline industry, the post office etc. etc. (remember the cost of cleaning up all that white powder) and oh by the way, I hope you don’t think that the anthrax was created in a small cave in Afghanistan. All things being equal, what is the most logical source of the anthrax? A rag tag bunch of fruitcakes or a belligerent nation who would love to injure us who, oh by the way had some lying around quite recently. Hint: don’t ask Michael Moore. By the way what do you think things would have been like if they had been a bit wiser in the delivery of that anthrax?
$192 billion, Sounds good to me. Oh by the way how about a few reasons to go to war even without any evidence of WMD? Here are a few…
1. The oil for food scandal. I’d pay the 192B just to right the wrong of saddam paying off French and Russian officials and in the meantime allowing the citizens/children of his country starve to death and die of easily treatable maladies.
2. Russia selling silkworm missiles, brand new rpg9’s right out of the box along with gps jamming hardware and personnel to train saddam’s troops on their use to use against our troops
3. The French selling missiles, explosives, grenades and hardware to saddam (but c’mon what kind of pussies use French weapons)
4. To try Saddam for war crimes and genocide
5. How about just to scare the living crap out of the Arab world so that even if they don’t respect us they will at least fear us because what the hell if every time the us gets F’ed with we invade a country I’d be willing to bet that people won’t F with us anymore.
6. Upset the illegal drug trade that finances much of terrorism.
7. Scare the crap out of Syria and Iran
8. Give the terrorists somewhere to go and something to do in a different part of the world.
9. Last but not least because my little brother says so. Like I said before my brother is privy to info that is not common knowledge. When I asked him what this whole war was about and was it all worth it he said hell ya. Without telling me anything that he shouldn’t he said that in 20 years when people start interviewing primary sources and some of this stuff becomes unclassified he said that yes, history will show that we were in the right. Oh, and by the way my brothers Bradley fighting vehicle was hit and his gunner and commander were killed.
10. Ask a Kurd. Any Kurd off the street. Ask em’ what they think. I’ve met and have known many Iraqi Kurds who grew up in Iraq under saddam hussien. I could tell you stories that they have told to me but I doubt they would be printed in this forum or if you would believe me.
Explode into a civil war? You mean to say that the murdering, raping, lying, stealing, cheating minority can’t get along with the majority of the population that they have tortured, beaten, raped and killed for the last 30 years? Hmm That’s odd. I recall that we had a civil war in this country a while back. Things seem to have ended up pretty well if ya ask me.
What the hell are we still doing there; didn’t we learn our lesson in Vietnam? Yeah, we did. Thanks. My dad got his guts ripped apart by an RPG in Vietnam. He is very proud of his service and believes that we were trying to do the right thing. Don’t believe him though, go to Vietnam. Look around. Ask the first person you meet whom they would rather have won the war.
As for the journalists. I could tell you stories of what they have done that would make you wish you could have killed them yourself. Like how every morning they call by phone (because they don’t leave the hotel) to ask how many soldiers had died the night before. When the answer is none my brother has actually heard a sigh from the other end and an abrupt hang up. They will then dial the next number on their list to try to locate a fatality to report. They do all of their reporting by phone over there, did you know that? What if the person who answers the phone lies to them, how would they know? Curious huh? Do you know how many hospitals they have opened over there? How many have you seen on the news? Schools? Libraries? Water treatment facilities? My brother prepared press kits for our journalists to attend these events. Guess how many showed up? ZERO!!! Al Arabia and al jazeera actually made it to more than we did. It’s no wonder that people think things are actually getting worse over there. Sorry, but I don’t believe it. My brother was there for the election and there was a change after that. What we are seeing may be the death throes of this insurgency who while we are on the subject dupe unsuspecting foreigners into becoming suicide bombers. Did you know that? Did you know that most suicide bombers are innocent foreign workers looking for a job? When they answer the add in the paper the “boss” tells them that they are to drive this delivery truck to this address and deliver a package. Guess what? The truck is loaded with explosives.
We aren’t supposed to be fighting this? We aren’t supposed to be standing up against the people who would do such things? I don’t care how we got there. I don’t care what the reasons. All I know is that I hope every one of these a-holes is dead before we leave.
As for the president and the Saudi prince. Ask Michael Moore about that. I mean the president meeting with a foreign head of state? What would they talk about? What could it possibly mean? He’s the president he meets with people. I find it more difficult to believe that the president has to meet with leaders from Russia and France who sold us out and stabbed us in the back for money. Because yes, countries are self-serving and yes they do what is in their best interest.
You left out of your list the US selling chemical weapons to iraq and the cia training them oh yeah and rummy shaking hands with saddam as the US did nothing about him gassing the kurds.

bigd1
05-17-2005, 04:59 AM
It's simple: Since Bush was drunk, stoned, and wired during VietNam and missed all the action, he decided to create another one so he could experience the same type of failure. So far so good.

Schiada76
05-17-2005, 07:10 AM
It's simple: Since Bush was drunk, stoned, and wired during VietNam and missed all the action, he decided to create another one so he could experience the same type of failure. So far so good.
This is GREAT! I have finnally found someone with the facts on GW.
When can we meet? Since a liberal would never make a statement like this without PROOF you must have some great sources for these "facts", which, I'm sure you know would be worth millions and millions of dollars to the DNC.
So when can we meet? I need the money.
Imbecile

Dr. Eagle
05-17-2005, 07:55 AM
Imbecile
Certainly not a Savant... or :idea:

bigq
05-17-2005, 08:13 AM
You left out of your list the US selling chemical weapons to iraq and the cia training them oh yeah and rummy shaking hands with saddam as the US did nothing about him gassing the kurds.
Another great argument as old as time :sleeping: . Countries, corporations and even indivisuals do this crap all the time, take advantage of one situation to futher the cause of something else. As shamefull as it may be it's not just one political party that does it. It seems there is always a reason why the US will help one country and not another and obviously most of the time it will be to benefit us in some way.

LAFD
05-17-2005, 09:09 AM
I STILL SAY WE NUC UM :hammer2: . WEVE LOST TO MANY BRAVE SOLDIERS FOR A PLACE SO F*CKED UP. :angry2: BUT BEING THAT IT WONT BE JUST THAT EASY WHY NOT DISARM THE WHOLE FICKEN COUNTRY. EVERY SINGLE PERSON SHOULD BE DISARMED AND THE ONLY ONES WITH THE WEAPONS, WELL DUH JUST US. SO THAT WAY YOU CRUISIN DOWN THE ROAD YOU SEE A PERSON WITH A GUN SHOOT THE M*THERF*CKER. I KNOW IF I WAS OVER WALKIN DOWN THE STREET OR CRUISIN IN A TANK OR WHATEVER AND I SEE SOME TOWEL HEAD JACKASS WITH AN AK 47 IDE WANNA KNOW WHY HE NEEDS IT AND YOU KNOW YOUR ALWAYS GUNNA HAVE THAT FEELIN THAT AT ANY MOMENT THAT PERSON COULD JUST OPEN FIRE ON YA. WE JUST NEED TO SACK UP AND PLAY HARDBALL AND NOT WORRY ABOUT HURTIN SOMEONES FEELINGS. ITS WAR FOR F*CKIN SACS. HOPFULLY SOME OF THIS MAKES SENSE IF NOT SORRY FOR WASTIN YOUR TIME. :D

Dr. Eagle
05-17-2005, 11:19 AM
Another great argument as old as time :sleeping: . Countries, corporations and even indivisuals do this crap all the time, take advantage of one situation to futher the cause of something else.
Excellent point. Just because this may have happened, doesn't mean that the government sanctioned it. There are lots of people that will get you whatever you want for the right $$$$, legal or not.

TheLurker
05-17-2005, 11:41 AM
I missed the boat on that by about 30 years.
One thing in the 30 years since I became an adult I have grown to appreciate the things this country stands for and the opportunities I have had more and more with each passing day.
Some of you said you would be ok with this war if it were just for oil, is that correct??
I honestly don’t think anyone is OK with war if it was only for oil.

bigd1
05-17-2005, 11:59 AM
This is GREAT! I have finnally found someone with the facts on GW.
When can we meet? Since a liberal would never make a statement like this without PROOF you must have some great sources for these "facts", which, I'm sure you know would be worth millions and millions of dollars to the DNC.
So when can we meet? I need the money.
Imbecile
I've got about as much proof as Colin Powell took to the UN. DickHead.

Dr. Eagle
05-17-2005, 12:01 PM
Didn't get the presentation quite as smooth though... :jawdrop:

bigd1
05-17-2005, 01:18 PM
Didn't get the presentation quite as smooth though... :jawdrop:
I thought it quite eloquent. :)

Dr. Eagle
05-17-2005, 09:13 PM
I thought it quite eloquent. :)
:argue: I guess that would be YOUR opinion... :) :wink:

Panic Button
05-17-2005, 09:20 PM
And you served in what branch of the military??

Schiada76
05-18-2005, 09:17 AM
So you also KNOW that Bill Clinton, Vladamir Putin, Tony Blair, John Kerry, Hosni Mubarak, the Mosad, Russian intelligence, the CIA the NES, British intelligence etc. etc. etc. all said the same thing about WMD's?
They all are on record saying the same things about WMD's (on record means they actually made the statements).
Then there is the fact that they used WMD's on the Kurds and Iranians. The fact that the weapons inspectors oversaw the destruction of SOME of the WMD stockpiles plus the fact that some small stocks of WMD"s were found in Iraq.
I'm sure a whizbang like yourself knows all of these FACTS.
I'm sure you think this means Bush lied.
FCKING RETARD :messedup: :notam:
Now where is the proof of GW's drug use of which you expound? I really could use the bucks as swad. How about a named source? OK how about an unnamed source (your as shole doesn't count)? :hammerhea

Dr. Eagle
05-18-2005, 09:27 AM
But how do you REALLY feel? :supp: :D

05-18-2005, 09:30 AM
I know,I know, this should be in Political Rhetoric but no one reads that. How do you guys feel about this mess we have going in Iraq. I subscribe to Rolling Stone and their monthly "National Affairs" (plus other articles I read) section covers the war this month. The news is bad and getting worse. Most of the Iraq Police forces trained by our forces are defecting to the insurgents! The cost of the war is now at $192 billion, 1535 brave U.S. men & women have lost their lives, 177 allied troops and 229 private contractors as well. How many soldiers come home to financial ruin and bankruptcy because of this unwanted war ?? The reason for this is the now forlorn "WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION" we were told they had which we have never found. We now have 150,000 troops in that hell hole, 11,888 wounded soldiers, 51 dead jounalists and this President says "things are going well" but if you read outside of what the news media tells us and get what I feel is the real truth of whats happening over there it is about to explode in a major civil war. Then where will we be?? There is one semi-safe place called the Green Zone in Baghdad and even in there they say if you wander around at night they will most likely find your headless body the next day!!
What the hell are we still doing there, didn't we learn our lesson in Viet Nam!!
And if you can get your hands on this issue (May) take a look at our President walking in the rose garden at his Texas ranch with the Saudi Crown Prince, HOLDING HANDS AS THEY WALK!!! as oil hits an all time high. The look on the Presidents face is just too much too describe! How does this country still support this man.
I'll be bashed for being unpatriotic or anti Republican but I supprot our troops and the devine right to defend this country and because I am an American I am entitled to my opinion, GOD BLESS THE USA!! NSF
Sounds like that article was written by Newsweek :messedup:

Dr. Eagle
05-18-2005, 09:46 AM
Sounds like that article was written by Newsweek :messedup:
:idea: Perhaps there is a CONSPIRACY... liberals just love those! :eek: :2purples: :eek: :D

Schiada76
05-18-2005, 10:03 AM
While we're on the subject I have a sim card from a digital camera (circa 1960) that has pics of GW biting the heads off of live rats while porking male puppies in the arse. I got them from an unnamed source (dan rather) and he swears they are real non photo chopped images from his unnanmed source's digital camera.
I will be selling them on e-bay but thought I'd give our liberal intellectuals here the first shot at them. Again you bun boys don't forget how much these will be worth to the DNC so bid accordingly.
I figure with the cash I make from this I will be able to buy the evidence from the f*cktard on GW's drug use and make a bundle on that also. :jawdrop: :D

bigd1
05-18-2005, 10:45 AM
And you served in what branch of the military??
As a matter of fact I spent 6 years in the Army. Is that enough to have an opinion?

bigd1
05-18-2005, 10:47 AM
CockSucker. :p

Schiada76
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
CockSucker. :p
Don't bring your boyfriend into the debate.
Typical liberal response, no facts, no debate, no brain, no balls so call names. :yuk: :yuk: :cry: :cry: :rolleyes:
Now where are your facts, named sources or unnamed sources for your bitchy little diatribe?

HM
05-18-2005, 11:41 AM
...... so call names. .
Nothing wrong with calling names as long as you work in facts, logic, and reasoning to properly emphasize the level of (fill in the blank) that they are.
Don't ask them to provide facts or proof, they will just dodge the question and think that 6 years in the army is proof(just an example...not pointing to anyone in specific :notam: ). Don't you know, that all they need to do is make the accusation and it is up to the accused to prove that they did not do it? These people sure are glad our court system doesn't work that way....could you imagine? Or if the prosecution did not have to site their sources for their information on the defendant? "Your honor, we have a credible source that says bigd1 killed his male lover with a dildo after his male lover made fun of his small penis. We cannot tell you the source of this information. " Judge "So, bigd1, can you prove that you did not do this? No? O.K. guilty. Death sentence."
The names in this story are ficticious and any resemblance to anyone is purely coincidental. :rollside: :rollside:

HM
05-18-2005, 05:42 PM
Not even an lol on that last post....and I cracked myself up on that one. Turned out to be a thread killa......dote!

05-18-2005, 07:31 PM
Not even an lol on that last post....and I cracked myself up on that one. Turned out to be a thread killa......dote!I thought it was pretty funny too... :rollside:

Schiada76
05-19-2005, 09:38 AM
Not even an lol on that last post....and I cracked myself up on that one. Turned out to be a thread killa......dote!
Ok
LOL!!!!!!!!! :D
This outa kill it!

Dr. Eagle
05-19-2005, 12:20 PM
I thought it was pretty funny too... :rollside:
So'd I... OK OK...
:argue:
I didn't get a LOL outa that guy...
Give the Guvnuh an LOL...
OK! OK!
LOL LOL....
(Harumph harumph!)
It just reminds me too much of Blazing Saddles to pass that one up! :wink:

dbddbd
05-19-2005, 12:24 PM
Man this guy/girl has got to be kidding!?! Will he grow some damn nuts or what? LOL, go kiss a tree and lick a frog's back you nut... :cool:

dbddbd
05-19-2005, 12:27 PM
Hope I run into you on the street so I can shove you aside like a rag doll and take your wallet, cuz you're too much of a wimp hippie to do anything about it. LOL...

HM
05-19-2005, 12:32 PM
So'd I... OK OK...
:argue:
I didn't get a LOL outa that guy...
Give the Guvnuh an LOL...
OK! OK!
LOL LOL....
(Harumph harumph!)
It just reminds me too much of Blazing Saddles to pass that one up! :wink:
LOL...
You guys are the best.
But as much as it was funny, no response by the "libs" of the group to the analogy.....not suprising (this is known as egging).
They remind me of my ex-wife. The more I proved my side in aguments with facts, logic, and reasoning....the more of a-hole I was...which was pretty tough to do, because I am a huge a-hole. :rollside:

dbddbd
05-19-2005, 12:38 PM
Isn't it the truth! LOL ;)

HM
05-19-2005, 12:39 PM
Hope I run into you on the street so I can shove you aside like a rag doll and take your wallet, cuz you're too much of a wimp hippie to do anything about it. LOL...
He ain't so bad...he is all bark and no bite. Did you know that he is registered republican? Seriously!! He has conservative/libertarian views, from an athiest perspective. He questions all goverment, not just republicans. Definitely on the kook fringe element of things, but he would stop you from stepping in front of a bus. He is also one of the best trollers on the boards.
:idea:

HM
05-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Isn't it the truth! LOL ;)
Is that in response me being a huge a-hole? :)

dbddbd
05-19-2005, 12:41 PM
Understood. There is another guy on another website like him, pulled the same, I'm a registered Republican bull crap, it's a load, trust me....

HM
05-19-2005, 12:57 PM
Understood. There is another guy on another website like him, pulled the same, I'm a registered Republican bull crap, it's a load, trust me....
Naw...I have been bantering with this guy for few years now. I believe it as he is no where near the libs in views. You can usually break down the fakers pretty quickly and they ususally go away, especially from this site. He holds his own. He wants less government, less big business involved in government, and is a true athiest. The guy likes Mopar, so, there is some hope. :rollside:

Dr. Eagle
05-19-2005, 03:45 PM
And all this time i thought he was just another commie... LOL. :wink:
Honestly I am an agnostic (meaning I think ALL the religions have it wrong) and hate government. But I hold with the republicans although I don't always agree with them.