PDA

View Full Version : Parting V-drive hull

Tahiti350
05-16-2005, 12:18 PM
In the next few weeks I will be parting out an old V-drive that I'm buying for the trailer. It appears to be a home built flatty hull (glass over plywood) that had a SBC, unfortunately the glass has lifted and the wood is rotten, so it's chainsaw fodder.
On a good note, everything but the motor is there, driveline wise. The steering is mostly intact. I can't remember the brand name on the V-drive box, but I think it started with an "H". I will post all the details and pic's when I get it here, before I start disassembling.

Tahiti350
05-19-2005, 12:04 PM
Just saw another post about a Halsett V-drive, and I believe that is what is in the boat I will be parting out. Still trying to get all the paperwork straightened out, should have it here soon (I hope).

72 superlite
05-19-2005, 09:19 PM
Let us know. A friend and I may be interested in parts.

Tahiti350
06-02-2005, 09:03 AM
Got word a couple of days ago, the paperwork is going through :rollside: . They finally got the okay from the State Police to sell the boat and trailer, now just waiting for the paperwork to get back to the tow company :squiggle: .
SHOULD have this beast home in a week or so, and will get pic's posted. :D This has taken almost 3 months to get to this point, I just want to get it home, get the good parts out of it, and dump it off the trailer so I can get my Witchcraft up off of the blocks and get to work on it.
Hang in there guys, pic's and good deals coming soon!!!

meaniam
06-02-2005, 09:51 AM
maybe looking for battery tray fit between stringers a cool or trick alt setup for bb chevy i have someone maybe for v drive get info ill forward it
mike :devil:

superdave013
06-02-2005, 10:06 AM
if it starts with an "H" I bet ten to one it's a HallCraft v drive. Might be a Hemi though.

Tahiti350
06-02-2005, 05:38 PM
I'll have to double check when I get it here, I think it was a Halsett, but could be a Hallcraft. Iv'e only got one good look at it after I found it, and that wasn't great as it was surrounded by junk.

meaniam
06-07-2005, 09:01 AM
hello i am looking for a oil pan and pick up tube for my v drive engine is a 69 chevy 427 big block i can be reached at meanchevelle@msn.com please email if you have one
thank you mike

Tahiti350
06-14-2005, 09:31 AM
no engine or otehr cool stuff, only the drive and steering. Hope to get it home in the next couple of days, still waiting for the state to finish the paperwork (STILL!!!!).. Pictures soon

Sanger Pete
06-14-2005, 08:51 PM
Could also be a "halibrand"

Tahiti350
06-15-2005, 10:59 AM
I stopped by to check on it today, and the paperwork is still not ready, but I had a chance to go over the boat again, and here is what I found (bear with me, I don't know all the "proper" names for V-drive parts yet):
Approx. 18' Glass over wood true flat bottom, no label's, stickers, or HIN #,
the glass is lifting and the plywood is coming apart, so the hull is junk. :yuk: :cry:
Halibrand Marine Products "V" box (forgot to check gear ratio, sorry)
Debold's 9 degree thru hull prop shaft housing (stuffer box??) with brass (edit) 3 blade prop, all driveshafts, crank flange, flywheel, etc. for a Chevy (had a SBC). V box turns freely, prop shaft is 1" diam. everything appears to be in decent shape
some sort of mickey mouse electric (edit) water pump set-up :confused:
Skag (belly fin) brass
full width trim plate w/stainless turnbuckles, (may keep for my Witchcraft project) :rolleyes:
Nicson stringer mount throttle pedal and cables (definately keeping this for my Witchcraft project)
Thru hull exhaust tips (appear to be aluminum?) :confused:
full cable steering system w/brass (bronze?) rudder, steering head (what the wheel mounts on) , etc. Rudder is rigged with 2" pulleys on each stringer and an 1/4 round cable drive (edit) on the rudder. Steering moves freely.
Pic's posted below
Since I have no idea what this stuff is worth I will have to trust in everyone's honesty to come up with a fair price. :rolleyes:
I know, "it's worth about $15 all together" right??? :devil: :p
If your interested in any of this stuff either post here or send me a PM and let me know what it's worth to you. All reasonable offers considered and buyer pays shipping.

dmontzsta
06-15-2005, 11:06 AM
I just sent you a PM.

Tahiti350
06-24-2005, 11:34 AM
Bump to the top, editied the parts list, should have it at the house today or tomorrow. Pic's will follow as soon as it gets here.

Norseman
06-24-2005, 12:07 PM
Sent you a PM

Tahiti350
06-24-2005, 10:26 PM
Here are the pic's (finally)
Steering parts (upper rudder shaft support not in picture) most parts are Nicson, complete from steering wheel to rudder:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2266steering_system.JPG
V-drive and assoc'd parts (Halibrand Marine Products "V" box, Debold's 9 degree thru hull prop shaft housing, 1" dia. prop shaft, (all pieces from crank flange to prop nut are there)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2266driveline.JPG
Fuel tanks, steel (appear to be about 5 gallons each):
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2266000_0245.JPG
The donor (boat no longer exists) year, make, model unknown, appeared home built, thin glass over wood:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2266parts_boat.JPG
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2266parts_boat_2.JPG

Tahiti350
06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
TTT, one last time.
If interested in any of this stuff let me know otherwise it goes on E-bay on the 5th. I'm looking to get rid of it, so make me a fair offer and it'll probably be yours.