PDA

View Full Version : American-Outdoor Soft Side Coolers

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know their business hours?
My 24 pack cooler sprung a leak over the weekend? They claim to have this no b.s. warranty. I need a replacement before Memorial weekend. :2purples:
I called and left a message, as well as sent them an e-mail, with no response. :hammer2:

MAINEVENT
05-16-2005, 03:02 PM
Does anyone know their business hours?
My 24 pack cooler sprung a leak over the weekend? They claim to have this no b.s. warranty. I need a replacement before Memorial weekend. :2purples:
I called and left a message, as well as sent them an e-mail, with no response. :hammer2:
They dont warranty them if you put them on your head and streak down the street with them :sleeping: :jawdrop:
Do they really last as long as regular cooler i really dont want to get one but i have quite a few trip where i will have to load a cooler in my boat (but i cant fit a decent size one :eat: ) and i was thinking of one of those
Just wondering :confused: :idea:

redi4fun
05-16-2005, 03:04 PM
Scuba did you try and call this number 1-800-336-5208 :idea:

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 03:10 PM
Scuba did you try and call this number 1-800-336-5208 :idea:
lol... yes. :hammerhea :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 03:16 PM
They dont warranty them if you put them on your head and streak down the street with them :sleeping: :jawdrop:
Do they really last as long as regular cooler i really dont want to get one but i have quite a few trip where i will have to load a cooler in my boat (but i cant fit a decent size one :eat: ) and i was thinking of one of those
If you are stingy with the ice, they suck, but if you put enough ice in there they will last all day at the river. Even when the ice is melted the water stays pretty cold. I bought ice on Saturday morning, and I probably still have a few cubes left in the cooler right now. (sitting @ home) :D
I have had mine since Jan 2003, so far so good. Except for now. :mad:

MAINEVENT
05-16-2005, 03:18 PM
Good to know i have had other soft sided ones and they sucked from costco i even convince my dad to go back to the old iqloo :hammer2: but i have heard of alot of peeps liking these so was just curious thanks
BTW i got your mail the other day at 3am :2purples: :hammerhea

redi4fun
05-16-2005, 03:19 PM
Damn, they can't be closed this early. I have always got someone on the phone at that number. No worries about the warranty, they stand by their product. :)

riverracerx
05-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Buy from Jeff at www.theicebear.com
His coolers rock and he is a fellow ***boater! Tell him RRX sent you!

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 03:20 PM
Damn, they can't be closed this early. I have always got someone on the phone at that number. No worries about the warranty, they stand by their product. :)
I called at 2pm, and sent an e-mail yesterday, hoping the would see it first thing this morning. I guess I might have to hit up advantage in Havi, if they do not come through for me. :confused:

WYRD
05-16-2005, 03:22 PM
WHICH HEAD :jawdrop: :D

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Good to know i have had other soft sided ones and they sucked from costco i even convince my dad to go back to the old iqloo :hammer2: but i have heard of alot of peeps liking these so was just curious thanks
BTW i got your mail the other day at 3am :2purples: :hammerhea
Costco soft sides do suck! Big difference between the 2. $$$ for one thing. lol :D
Hey man 3 weeks till the savage party!! :D

MAINEVENT
05-16-2005, 03:23 PM
WHICH HEAD :jawdrop: :D
:supp: :supp: :supp: :hammer2:

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 03:24 PM
Buy from Jeff at www.theicebear.com
His coolers rock and he is a fellow ***boater! Tell him RRX sent you!
The same but different!! Thanks. I'll keep them in mind when I need a new one. :D

MAINEVENT
05-16-2005, 03:25 PM
Costco soft sides do suck! Big difference between the 2. $$$ for one thing. lol :D
Hey man 3 weeks till the savage party!! :D
I know long time since we've partied I will be the guy with NOW long hair as opposed to bald head guy last year :rollside: LOL But you never Know i got the red bull covered dont buy extra I gots this :rollside: going this weekend to pick up 3or 4 bottles of goose at costco baby :rollside: :rollside:

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 03:33 PM
I know long time since we've partied I will be the guy with NOW long hair as opposed to bald head guy last year :rollside: LOL But you never Know i got the red bull covered dont buy extra I gots this :rollside: going this weekend to pick up 3or 4 bottles of goose at costco baby :rollside: :rollside:
I am the bald guy now. lol
I already did my goose, bull & beer shopping, all my ish is at a secret location in HAVI, just waiting for me to start drinking it!! The problem is I am going to start drinking next Thursday. :rollside: I hope to have some left over for the damn run.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366156_5607.JPG

MAINEVENT
05-16-2005, 04:04 PM
Nice dont worry if you kill it I got you covered :messedup: Tecate HMMMMMMmmmmmm :notam: not sure if i am going domestic or import yet :notam:
TTYL bro

bear down
05-16-2005, 04:11 PM
They do have a no bs warranty, problem is you need to send it in to Texas for repair or replacement and send in $10.00 for shipping.. Your best bet is to over night to them and pre pay overnite delivery for the return, but if you do that you might as well buy a new cooler.

El Chingon
05-16-2005, 05:24 PM
I already did my goose, bull & beer shopping, all my ish is at a secret location in HAVI,
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/366156_5607.JPG
If I find the secret location can i drink it??? :)

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 05:26 PM
If I find the secret location can i drink it??? :)
lol.. sure, but you have to wait till we are all together June 4th. :D

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 05:26 PM
They do have a no bs warranty, problem is you need to send it in to Texas for repair or replacement and send in $10.00 for shipping.. Your best bet is to over night to them and pre pay overnite delivery for the return, but if you do that you might as well buy a new cooler.
Thats what I thought. I remeber Trojan Dan telling me he had to pay a crap load in shipping for an exchange. :mad: :hammerhea

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 05:27 PM
Nice dont worry if you kill it I got you covered :messedup: Tecate HMMMMMMmmmmmm :notam: not sure if i am going domestic or import yet :notam:
TTYL bro
IMPORT!!! :D

INSman
05-16-2005, 05:30 PM
http://www.allamericanpromotions.com/Cooler_2005.html

Beer-30
05-16-2005, 05:46 PM
It seem that no matter what subject it is, the fact remains. If something works, stay with it.
I have always had "hard" side coolers. Igloo, Coleman, whatever. They always have ice 5 days later (except in Havasu!). When you go to pick them up, they don't collapse and spill water all over your truck, either. I have tried a few, and just can't get into the flimsy ice chest thing.
Fiberglass has worked all of these years for boats....I don't see people switching to an inflatable! Just my opinion and a thought to ponder.

JackieV
05-16-2005, 05:50 PM
Hey, Scuba....What's the matter with streaking...? LOL :2purples:

cola
05-16-2005, 06:53 PM
It seem that no matter what subject it is, the fact remains. If something works, stay with it.
I have always had "hard" side coolers. Igloo, Coleman, whatever. They always have ice 5 days later (except in Havasu!). When you go to pick them up, they don't collapse and spill water all over your truck, either. I have tried a few, and just can't get into the flimsy ice chest thing.
Fiberglass has worked all of these years for boats....I don't see people switching to an inflatable! Just my opinion and a thought to ponder.
The soft sides are easy on the gelcoat. :cool:

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 07:29 PM
http://www.allamericanpromotions.com/Cooler_2005.html
If I could get the SC logo on it, I would be all over it! :)

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 07:29 PM
Hey, Scuba....What's the matter with streaking...? LOL :2purples:
Nothing... :D :hammer2: :D

Beer-30
05-16-2005, 07:30 PM
The soft sides are easy on the gelcoat. :cool:
Um. As easy as a dog's paws?

phebus
05-16-2005, 07:33 PM
So, what you are saying, is we should all get rid of our computers, and just send letters to each other? :hammerhea

SCUBA STEVE
05-16-2005, 07:35 PM
So, what you are saying, is we should all get rid of our computers, and just send letters to each other? :hammerhea
lmfao!!! :cool: :cool:

cola
05-16-2005, 07:56 PM
Um. As easy as a dog's paws?
She keeps up on her nails, so no scraches on the gel from her either. I only sat her up on the deck for the picture. :smile:
Late, Mike

Dusty Times
05-16-2005, 08:22 PM
That's one cool dog!

Beer-30
05-16-2005, 09:15 PM
No, silly. I probably shouldn't have been that strong about it. That's kind of a sore subject with me, because I have tried a few different brands and they were the same. Get some good heat going outside, and they just don't get near the performance of the regular type. I have watched a buddy of mine order and order and order, looking for one that will hold ice all day and he has been unsuccessful.
Now, poor SCUBA is having trouble with his and it kinda set me off. We just bought two new Igloo 70 quart monsters. Yeah, they take up room and get heavy but they will keep ice for 2 days in Havasu heat. That tells me there is no other thing to look at. That's all I was getting at. :rollside:

cola
05-17-2005, 06:42 AM
That's one cool dog!
Thanks Dusty, trade you for the tug. j/k
Late, Mike

SCUBA STEVE
06-13-2005, 09:17 AM
Just an update on this.
I sent my cooler to Texas, they recv'd it on May 25th, cashed my $10 return posatage check on 5-31... guess what I have no cooler yet!! Wtf? I will give it till the end of the week and before I raise hell. ( Its only been 8 business days) :rollside:

shockwavebd
06-13-2005, 09:45 AM
They were at the boat show thursday to sunday.......................................... no one at the shop

MAINEVENT
06-13-2005, 09:48 AM
Just an update on this.
I sent my cooler to Texas, they recv'd it on May 25th, cashed my $10 return posatage check on 5-31... guess what I have no cooler yet!! Wtf? I will give it till the end of the week and before I raise hell. ( Its only been 8 business days) :rollside:
I figure if you drink your beers fast enough you dont really need a cooler :idea: :hammer2:

SCUBA STEVE
06-14-2005, 04:34 AM
Guess what I got in the mail yesterday. :D Upgraded zipper (lookes to be more heavy duty) and a new liner. :sqeyes: My question is, wouldnt a new cooler be cheaper then to repair my old one? :squiggle: