PDA

View Full Version : NJBA may drags @ ming

jet4fun
05-17-2005, 02:16 PM
whos going to the NJBA drags this weekend? I'm gonna be there with boat #460, jim brock's yellow CP tunnel
kinda curious to see how many jet boats and newcomers are gonna be there, hopefully mike is still planning on making it, i cant wait to see him make a full throttle pass in the new piece :D

cyclone
05-17-2005, 02:28 PM
i just got back into town and found out I wont have the parts to make my pop-off valve work in time for the race so I'm out. :cry:
I'm not rushing this deal and want all my safety gear working for me when I hold the pedal to the floor for a full pass. Hopefully I'll have everything worked out in time for the june race. You guys have fun and be safe.

Willis
05-17-2005, 04:03 PM
Hello every one
:messedup:
Just wanted to say do we have any new players :squiggle:
Well, seems every time I think I've found my "GrimLins", another puppy seems to be hatched.
Got a handle on all the loose parts, no worries for Willis.
Locktight and safety wire!!
Will see all the new blown gas jet people at the rope. :rolleyes:
Willis

CrazyHippy
05-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Any problems w/ a twin engined (21') wakker boat? I know that ODBA wont let twins run, how about NJBA? Nothing fancy just river racer.
BJH

MikeF
05-17-2005, 05:15 PM
i just got back into town and found out I wont have the parts to make my pop-off valve work in time for the race so I'm out. :cry:
I'm not rushing this deal and want all my safety gear working for me when I hold the pedal to the floor for a full pass. Hopefully I'll have everything worked out in time for the june race. You guys have fun and be safe.
Was hoping to make it out there this race to see you run. I'll be in Baja at the time of the next race. Bummer...........but better to be safe! http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/732happy34-thumb.gif

BUSBY
05-17-2005, 05:52 PM
Locktight and safety wire!!
Willis ... now that's funny!
Evreryone knows I'll be there, new engine and all! I know how you must have felt last year Willis ... blowing up sucks! At least I took runner up in my class and stayed in the points!
See you there ...
MikeF, could you hear it running Sunday? I had it fired off about 1pm ... ran awesome.
Mike (cyclone), what were you missing on the pop off? I hope you're still happy with our swap ... let me know if you're not.
Later,
Brian Busby

cyclone
05-17-2005, 05:57 PM
Brian- I need the brain for the pop-off, CO2 bottle, valve etc. All I got from you was the pop-off and hold down bracket. Unless you got that stuff laying around your garage.......?????? Give me a call when you can.
714-342-3466

BUSBY
05-17-2005, 06:32 PM
Mike ... I'll call you
Brian

MikeF
05-17-2005, 06:33 PM
MikeF, could you hear it running Sunday? I had it fired off about 1pm ... ran awesome.
I'm sure if I had heard it I would have been right over! It was my working weekend.......I was too far.
Still trying to figure out how you got that long arm in there! :D

single barrel
05-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Evreryone knows I'll be there, new engine and all! I know how you must have felt last year Willis ... blowing up sucks! At least I took runner up in my class and stayed in the points!
Brian, What classes do you plan on running? What class did you take r/u last race. (Congrats)

screamdreambrad
05-17-2005, 07:11 PM
i'll be there. driving killin time 031.bgj

BUSBY
05-17-2005, 07:26 PM
MikeF ... to bad you were working ... it was awesome, and it's a shorter arm, bigger bore, longer stroke. Stop by after the races and check it out.
Single Barrel, I run the 7.0 - 7.49 second bracket and Top Alcohol Hydro, took runner up in both this race, 1st in TAH during the March race, so I'm leading the points in that class. I don't want to get ahead of myself though, a lot of tough competition coming this race!
Brad ... glad to see you coming back out ... did you fix your steering? That must have been frustrating during March. I know it scared all of us. Your experience helped you handle it though ... anyone else and it would have been a lot worse of a situation!
I'm looking forward to seeing you all out there, stop by and say hi!
Brian

BUSBY
05-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Brad ... wait, BGJ?????????????????????????
Wow ... look out Willis and Ron! I also spoke to Mike (cyclone) and we are working on getting his out there ... I am trying to help him with the pop off issue, we'll see ... maybe another BGJ!
Brad ... I'm coming down to see you in the pits when you get there.
Brian

screamdreambrad
05-17-2005, 07:35 PM
yes brian; bgj. not my boat. a customer of tom's. :) supposed to be able to run with ron.we'll see.

Willis
05-17-2005, 07:53 PM
Hey Brad,
How that new UBFJ?
Willis

Cs19
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
Ill be there, runnin PGJ and 9.0 bracket.
Bummed cyclone isnt going, someone loan him a pop off.
I know of 2 new guys comin out, ones for sure, the other kinda dissapeared. :confused: I hear some new hardware might be showing up too.
CS

BUSBY
05-17-2005, 09:04 PM
All right ... this should turn out to ba a fun weekend! Willis on his game, Brad bringing out a 8 second BGJ ... it'll be like it used to be a 5 or 6 boat field in BGJ! I know Ron will be happier, he hates small fields.
I know of 5 alcohol hydro's ... so my class should be fun as well.
Chris ... Mike has my old pop off, but is missing the pressure switch, set screws and one pin. We are working on making it happen ... he should be coming by the house tomorrow. The brain (electronics) is a no brainer ... the pin Tommy should have, and set screws McFadden Dale. He should be able to make it, if he wants that is.
BB

Cs19
05-17-2005, 09:13 PM
Cyclone, if there is anything I can do to help get you out there, let me know. Im in pretty good shape on having my boat ready, I can spare a few hours tomorrow morning if you need something.
Bring it out and do some half trackers, thats the place to get a feel for it.
Im on the road Friday morning,looking forward to it.
Chris.

NELSON#109
05-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Cs, I Hope I Wasnt The One That Dissapeared. Im Still Planning On Getting There Friday Afternoon. I Still Have To Put The Engine Back Togather, And Tie Up A Few Other Things. Ill Be Running Midnight Marine Hard The Next Few Days. Gonna Take As Much Blocker Out As I Can, And Hopefully Ill Be Able To Get The Thing Off The Line And Into The 8's. Time To Start Stressin. Gonna Have To Pay The Fee's At The Race (i Hope They Let Me). I Wish I Had A Few More Days, But Ill Try. Hope To See Ya There, And Talk About Getting This Thing Goin. Nelson #109.

BUSBY
05-18-2005, 12:58 PM
Nelson ... you can pay the fees on Friday night or Saturday morning. Friday night registration will be at the Rio Bravo Resort (the hotel on the hill) and at the gate on Saturday. If you're not there early enough on Saturday, you might miss the first round. See you there!
Chris, glad to hear that you're making it back out.
See you there also!
Brian

Cs19
05-18-2005, 07:06 PM
Just had not heard much from ya Nelson. :D Ya I was talkin about you. :D
Hey, my advice is get there on Friday by 2 or 3, the earlier the better. We can get your pit set up, get the boat through tech, if you have any problems with tech, you can still make it into town and get parts,etc. Then you can go pay your entry fees,etc., have dinner at the Rio Bravo and you will be all dialed for Sat. morning. You could still show up sat. morning if your in a bind, and you will probably make first round since your running RR, they dont call RR till like 10 or 11 usually. Thats what sucks about RR, the air has gone to shit,etc.
Ive got an extra 5 lb. fire bottle if you need it.
Hopefully Cyclone is making progress with the pop-off.
CS

screamdreambrad
05-18-2005, 07:19 PM
Hey Brad,
How that new UBFJ?
Willis goin to drive another boat. bgj. mine is resting comfortably! :sleeping:

Mrs.Racer277
05-18-2005, 07:24 PM
whos going to the NJBA drags this weekend? I'm gonna be there with boat #460, jim brock's yellow CP tunnel
kinda curious to see how many jet boats and newcomers are gonna be there, hopefully mike is still planning on making it, i cant wait to see him make a full throttle pass in the new piece :D
We won't make it this weekend. Going to the NHRA Drags. Be sure to have a Margi for me. :rolleyes: :) Hope to make it next month. :)

NELSON#109
05-18-2005, 09:37 PM
Busby, Thanx For The Info... Cs, You Said Exactly What Im Plannin.... Too The "t".... I Think I Got Every Ting I Need, I Might Be A Little Low On C02, But I Think Ill Make It. I Have A 5lb Fire Bottle. My Warm-up Bottle Is Actin Up, So That Jus Add's To The List.. But Im Still Making Good Progress. Got The Engine Togather Tonight, Jus Gotta Run It, Pull The Rockers Off, And Re Tourq The Heads... Usein The New Flat Out Copper Head Gaskets N Theyre A Bitch. Gonna Be A Late One Tonight N Tomarrow Night. Hopefully Ill Have Time To Cut On The Loader / Blocker. If All Goes Well Tomarrow, Ill Be Leavin Here Before Noon On Friday. Should Put Me Up There Before 3pm. My Only Worry About Tech Right Now, Is A Fuel Shut Off, Since I Have A Mechanical Pump. We've Always Had To Have One For The Taf Boat. My Roady Is Still Unsure If He's Gonna Bring That Boat Or Not... He Paid His Fee's, But He's Thinkin About Waitin For Redbluff. Hope I Get Her Done... Wish Me Luck!!!!! Nelson #109..

BUSBY
05-18-2005, 10:20 PM
well good luck Nelson. We run the flat out gaskets also, took 3 or 4 re-torques to get the things to seal properly, but when they did they were the sh*t.
I will have Joe Shelfo come see you when you get there (he's one of the Tech's there) to assist with anything you might need. He's a boat builder, and usually carries everything to assist passing tech. I know he's racing this weekend, but is teching on Friday.
I spoke to Mike (cyclone) earlier, he's not going to make it ... has too many issues with the boat (rope deflector, fuel pump prob., pop off, etc.) we are going to address his pop off issue next week and he is going to dial everything else in before the June race. Bummer, I was hoping to see him run, but it's such a nice piece ... I understand why he would rather wait and do it right rather than rush it.
Anyways, I am leaving in the morning for the lake ... so I will be off of the boards after 11am, hope to see you all out there!
Brian

NELSON#109
05-18-2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks Again Busby, I Appreciate Everything You Can Do To Help Me. Joe Shelfo... That Name Sounds Familliar, Isnt He A Ford Guy?... I Get To Go Through The Tourqe, Re-tourqe, Back Off N Bla Bla Bla Tomarrow. Glad To Hear Your Happy W/ The Gaskets. See Ya This Weekend.

Cs19
05-19-2005, 01:13 AM
Nelson, if there is anything I can do to help, call me.
949-294-1394
Chris.

BUSBY
05-19-2005, 09:31 AM
Hey everyone ... I'm off, so I'm off of the boards as of now, leaving for the lake.
Nelson, Shelfo ... yes a Ford guy ... but I don't hold that against him ( lol ), but an excellent boat builder and tuner. He's a great guy to offer assistance, he and his father have been drag boat racing jets and hydros for a long time.
Everyone be safe for those of you who are going, if you need to look me up while you are there, I am boat 061, huge white toy box near the tower/white Frod F350 crew cab dually, Alcohol Hydro. Stop by and say hi!
Brian

ANY&ALL
05-19-2005, 09:40 PM
Hey Everybody If You Guys Get A Min Look For My Cousin Jeff Gregory Will Will Be Running A Blown Alky Fuely Color White He's Just Down There To Get His Top Fuel Lic. Try And Make Him Feel Welcome To The Sport First Time In The Boat Don't Know The # There Puttin It On The Boat Tonight He's From Elk Grove He's Famliy So I Don't Give Him Crap About That Funny Spinnin Thing Under His Boat Thanks Chad Barfield

ssmike
05-19-2005, 10:12 PM
Hey Everybody If You Guys Get A Min Look For My Cousin Jeff Gregory Will Will Be Running A Blown Alky Fuely Color White He's Just Down There To Get His Top Fuel Lic. Try And Make Him Feel Welcome To The Sport First Time In The Boat Don't Know The # There Puttin It On The Boat Tonight He's From Elk Grove He's Famliy So I Don't Give Him Crap About That Funny Spinnin Thing Under His Boat Thanks Chad Barfield
Chad,
are you related to Nelson #109?? :confused: :confused:

ANY&ALL
05-19-2005, 10:34 PM
No Why Name The Same Or Something

NELSON#109
05-20-2005, 12:33 AM
What He Means Is, Well I Hate To Say It, But Im A Bit Of A Drinker... And What You Typed Even Made Me Wanna Say Wtf.. If You Type Like U Talk, Well...... Dont Worry, I Know A Bunch Of Pep's Runnin Blown Alky Fuely's.. Ill Look 4 Him.... Beat It. Btw, The Whole "are You Related To Nelson # 109" Coment... All I Have To Say Is " Hey I Resemble That Comment"........ Beat It.

ssmike
05-20-2005, 08:22 AM
Btw, The Whole "are You Related To Nelson # 109" Coment... All I Have To Say Is " Hey I Resemble That Comment"........ Beat It.
1. why are you posting under both names?
2. since you are posting under both names, why not at least post something funny or silly or at a minimum give yourself some props or something.... :mix:?