PDA

View Full Version : What is the skinny on Cheetah Boats?

Lake Ape
05-17-2005, 04:56 PM
So what's up with Cheetah Boats, they seem to have a lot lower resale price than similar boats. Are they chopper boats or lay up? What about general quality? Are they cheaper than other builders for reason?

pixilatedpussy
05-17-2005, 05:00 PM
I dont know why they are so much more reasonable. Maybe because they have such small overhead?? We have one and love it! :smile:

Beer-30
05-17-2005, 05:01 PM
I looked at them years ago, when I was thinking of new. It was explained to me that they just don't have the overhead of others. They don't advertise, and their shop is pretty old and off of the main strip. The build shop is small in comparison to others I have visited in the area. Most of their completed stuff is outside instead of in. I don't know if this is the reason or not, but I sure see alot of happy Cheetah owners!

caroftheweek
05-17-2005, 05:21 PM
before we purchased our magic, we looked at the cheetah's. They are nice boats but did not seem to have the advancements that the others had, fiberglass inner liners, stainless seat bases, finished glass in the engine bay, etc. This does not make them bad but we had just sold a boat with carpeted wood floors and seat bases and we did not want that in our new boat. but for most people, those things may not be a big deal and $30k less is very tempting. JMHO.
Ryan

Lake Ape
05-17-2005, 05:36 PM
This is the boat that brings up the question in my mind, seems much more reasonable than the other nice newer 21's available around here. I am going to look at this Friday.
http://images.traderonline.com/EMedia/tarchive2/220/328879/00470757214.jpg
Cheetah (http://adcache.boattraderonline.com/6/0/8/78786908.htm)
It's bitch when you have to finance a boat and don't have a ton of cash to put down!!

Mandelon
05-17-2005, 06:42 PM
Perception is key. They have a lower resale because people who know, have the perception that they are not as well built.
There are high end builders, middle tier builders and "value" builders. We all know it. Sure, we all cheerlead our own boat brand, but we know there is a difference.
If a Cheetah was as good as a Schiada or a DCB they'd cost just as much. Why does a Hyundai cost less than a BMW? They are both fine cars....but one costs less......

Havasu_Dreamin
05-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Are they cheaper than other builders for reason?
Yes.

Lake Ape
05-17-2005, 06:51 PM
Perception is key. They have a lower resale because people who know, have the perception that they are not as well built.
There are high end builders, middle tier builders and "value" builders. We all know it. Sure, we all cheerlead our own boat brand, but we know there is a difference.
If a Cheetah was as good as a Schiada or a DCB they'd cost just as much. Why does a Hyundai cost less than a BMW? They are both fine cars....but one costs less......
That was my question in the first place, are they junk or not? I know they aren't a Schiada but I can't finance Jordy's so I am left with what I can afford. Is it junk or not?

Kilrtoy
05-17-2005, 06:59 PM
That was my question in the first place, are they junk or not? so I am left with what I can afford. Is it junk or not?
Only you can decide that question

Havasu_Dreamin
05-17-2005, 07:01 PM
Only you can decide that question
Best post on this thread.

Lake Ape
05-17-2005, 07:14 PM
Yes, this is true but I like to factor others opinions in my decision making process. Weren't we all just commenting on this in a thread about Hot Boat Magazine on how they never say anything really bad about a boat? If a boat is junk and you think so say so damn it! Also since I know hardly anything about boat construction I was hoping to get the input from others. With the above attitude I guess none of us should ever ask a question about anything?
I'm just trying to spend my money the wisest way possible!
Thanks to All!

Kilrtoy
05-17-2005, 07:17 PM
Weren't we all just commenting on this in a thread about Hot Boat Magazine on how they never say anything really bad about a boat? If a boat is junk and you think so say so damn it!!
GOOD POINT and I always say Hot Boat is chicken shit....
I would never, ever, consider one, regardless of the price for any reason.
They are about as low as it gets in my opinion....
Im gonna get blasted for this one.....

franky
05-17-2005, 07:22 PM
I am not chicken shit so I will tell you, cheapest import resins, cheapest lay up schedule, dry wall screws, these boats are the bottom of the food chain. But, whatever gets you on the water......
Ape guy, buy a used higher end boat for the same money. You will be better off all around.
Come to Havasu, shop the trade ins at the local builders, value is to be had.

Mandelon
05-17-2005, 07:24 PM
I agree that the magazine is pretty positive on the boats they review, but nearly all the boats they review are good quality....builders aren't gonna send over their worst work.....
Go and look at it. Pay close attention to how the finish looks when you eyeball down the side of the hull. Look under the seats and rub your hand on the undersides of places you can't see. How is it finished? Is there bare wood under the seats? How thick is the vinyl? The carpet? How good is the stitching? This list will just go on an on...look at everything. Go and look at a higher end boat too and try to find the differences. They will be there. The rigging is neat and tidy? Different colored wires for each gauge and control?
Read more on the forums, have you searched related topics?
And finally check for zip ties, I heard that the more zip ties, the better the boat..... :p
Man----->more diplomatic<-------delon :D

franky
05-17-2005, 07:26 PM
I agree that the magazine is pretty positive on the boats they review, but nearly all the boats they review are good quality....builders aren't gonna send over their worst work.....
Go and look at it. Pay close attention to how the finish looks when you eyeball down the side of the hull. Look under the seats and rub your hand on the undersides of places you can't see. How is it finished? Is there bare wood under the seats? How thick is the vinyl? The carpet? How good is the stitching? This list will just go on an on...look at everything. Go and look at a higher end boat too and try to find the differences. They will be there. The rigging is neat and tidy? Different colored wires for each gauge and control?
Read more on the forums, have you searched related topics?
And finally check for zip ties, I heard that the more zip ties, the better the boat..... :p
Man----->more diplomatic<-------delon :D
Unless the zip ties are holding the transom to the stringers

Kilrtoy
05-17-2005, 07:28 PM
Unless the zip ties are holding the transom to the stringers
OHHHHHHHHHHH F**K :jawdrop:

bordsmnj
05-17-2005, 07:33 PM
did he say "chopper boats?" chopper boats went out alooooong time ago-thankgod.lol popcorn please!

TCHB
05-17-2005, 07:36 PM
I think Cheetah boats are a excellent boat for the money.
The Mercury engine package is the most expensive thing in the boat and it is the exact same as others.
I think it is all perception and marketing in this case. The owner is a no frills guy that has been building boats for over 30 years. In the early 70s he used to produce over 2,000 boats a year. I still see some of the early boats out on the lake and they have held together. Good Luck

moneypit
05-17-2005, 07:53 PM
The question to be answered is.... Are they worth the money that they are sold for? The answer can only be found is by people that have either driven them or by someone who has or does own one. NOONE can else can answer that question honestly...
I have had one. I sold it. I beleive it was worth what I paid for it. I enjoyed the ride very much. The stiletto hull showed some balls in my book.
There have been many threads about why Cheetahs are alot cheaper. Bob (Chetah Bob) will tell you that his boats are cheaper for the following reasons.
1. He owns his building
2. He doesnt advertise in Magazines... Only boat trader.
3. He doesnt pay sales people salaries or commisions.
4. He doesnt pay for a booth at boat shows...
I believed Bob when he told me these things because the reality is that these thing do cost money (alot). I would agree less overhead gives you the ability to sell things for less....
In saying all of this, would Bob be able to sell his product for the same price as Advantage, Commander, Shockwave, Magic/Sleek, Nordic etc... NO absolutely not. I think Bob is smart to stay out of the Mags, shows etc... I dont think Bobs boat is as good a boat as those.
Is Bobs boat worth what I paid for it? Yes
Sorry for any Typo's

Moe_Havi
05-17-2005, 07:56 PM
Hot boat won't review them because they say that the owner won't provide one for testing but we all know they don't buy advertising from HB so no tests. I bet if HB really wanted to test one, a private owner would provide one for testing. Something smells fishy.
Moe

moneypit
05-17-2005, 08:00 PM
Hot boat won't review them because they say that the owner won't provide one for testing but we all know they don't buy advertising from HB so no tests. I bet if HB really wanted to test one, a private owner would provide one for testing. Something smells fishy.
Moe
Old News...

pixilatedpussy
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
The question to be answered is.... Are they worth the money that they are sold for? The answer can only be found is by people that have either driven them or by someone who has or does own one. NOONE can else can answer that question honestly...
I have had one. I sold it. I beleive it was worth what I paid for it. I enjoyed the ride very much. The stiletto hull showed some balls in my book.
There have been many threads about why Cheetahs are alot cheaper. Bob (Chetah Bob) will tell you that his boats are cheaper for the following reasons.
1. He owns his building
2. He doesnt advertise in Magazines... Only boat trader.
3. He doesnt pay sales people salaries or commisions.
4. He doesnt pay for a booth at boat shows...
I believed Bob when he told me these things because the reality is that these thing do cost money (alot). I would agree less overhead gives you the ability to sell things for less....
In saying all of this, would Bob be able to sell his product for the same price as Advantage, Commander, Shockwave, Magic/Sleek, Nordic etc... NO absolutely not. I think Bob is smart to stay out of the Mags, shows etc... I dont think Bobs boat is as good a boat as those.
Is Bobs boat worth what I paid for it? Yes
Sorry for any Typo's
I agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

sdpm
05-17-2005, 08:02 PM
I think Cheetah boats are a excellent boat for the money.
The Mercury engine package is the most expensive thing in the boat and it is the exact same as others.
I think it is all perception and marketing in this case. The owner is a no frills guy that has been building boats for over 30 years. In the early 70s he used to produce over 2,000 boats a year. I still see some of the early boats out on the lake and they have held together. Good Luck
2000 boats a year? Thats 5 1/2 boats a day 7 days a week? :jawdrop: :jawdrop:

slowinhavasu
05-17-2005, 08:09 PM
I never thought I would say this....but....
Take the amount of money you are looking to invest, and go and look at Bayliner boats, you will get more for your money, better re-sale value, and if you get caught in some bad weather, your chances of getting your friends and family back to the dock will be much better !!!
There will be no fancy paint, but I would rather get back to the dock......

Wicked Game
05-17-2005, 08:46 PM
We shopped for 3 years for our new boat. We looked at almost every brand. Toured every factory. Attended every boat show. We looked at the Cheetah, but honestly thought it was a cheap build. That's just my opinion. We ended up with a Warlock just this year. Not the best build, not the worst. Some like em, some don't. But the best for us. Bottom line, it comes down to what's best for you and what you can afford. The only advise I have is shop and research before you buy.

moneypit
05-17-2005, 08:53 PM
I never thought I would say this....but....
Take the amount of money you are looking to invest, and go and look at Bayliner boats, you will get more for your money, better re-sale value, and if you get caught in some bad weather, your chances of getting your friends and family back to the dock will be much better !!!
There will be no fancy paint, but I would rather get back to the dock......
I have witnessed more boats that probably cost $250,000 plus that are being towed back to the dock.
When I owned a cheetah I never broke down. In fact I personally never witnessed a Cheetah broke down (probably happened though just like bayliners).
Ithink your comments should be based more on the engine manufacturer and not the boat maker..

ITS ALL GOOD
05-17-2005, 09:18 PM
ask dicudmore he has a cheetah and appears to be very happy.

bigq
05-17-2005, 09:38 PM
They are less expensive for all reasons mentioned above, but a Bayliner...comon'. I believe the layup is done at the same place where they layup , Stealth, Dominator and another manufacture I cant think of. they are a good value for a new boat and Bob seems honest in what he does, you don't build them that long making crap and ripping people off. Some differences from a DCB, howard would be:
Layup Schedule
-Wood Flooring (not a bad thing)
-not through bolted(most mid to lower end use wood screws)
-Cut out bow instead of two different molds
-Wiring not secured in rigging
-older style hardware that cost less to produce (not that it is any more funtional)
From what i have heard Bob has taken care of any issues customers have had unlike some of the higher priced boats
:frown:
Lastly Cheetah Bob just doesn't have the Hair that Dave at DCB has :D

Kilrtoy
05-17-2005, 09:40 PM
They are less expensive for all reasons mentioned above, but a Bayliner...comon'. I believe the layup is done at the same place where they layup , Stealth, Dominator and another manufacture I cant think of. they are a good value for a new boat and Bob seems honest in what he does, you don't build them that long making crap and ripping people off. Some differences from a DCB, howard would be:
Layup Schedule
-Wood Flooring (not a bad thing)
-not through bolted(most mid to lower end use wood screws)
-Cut out bow instead of two different molds
-Wiring not secured in rigging
-older style hardware that cost less to produce (not that it is any more funtional)
From what i have heard Bob has taken care of any issues customers have had unlike some of the higher priced boats
:frown:
Lastly Cheetah Bob just doesn't have the Hair that Dave at DCB has :D
I dont think DCB was offered in comparison to Chettah... Now Shochwave was and there is a HUGE difference....Shockwave is a lot higher on the food chain....

Lake Ape
05-17-2005, 09:51 PM
Thanks a lot everyone! That was what I was looking for. Basically my situation is this, I make decent money but since I build houses I usually have it all tied up in my next project (spec home). I have great credit though. I don't want to do a home equity loan or a LIBOR loan or I would just buy Jordy's Schiada. I want a low payment and want to put down the minium amount possible so the boat has to sell for somewhere around the book value which is very difficult to find. I almost had that Eliminator Daytona bought but by the time I had the financing all put together the guy sold it the day I was going to pick it up hours before I got there. I just want a nice quality boat that I can have fun on the lake and tow a tube or skier and still get some decent speed out of it. I won't being goint to Mead but I will go to Havasu, Powell, Pleasant and the River so a flat bottom is out of the question, LOL. I have the loan set up now for about $26K. Any suggestions would be great, but the boat has to be around book value for it work.
Thanks,
Lake Ape!

bigq
05-17-2005, 09:51 PM
I dont think DCB was offered in comparison to Chettah... Now Shochwave was and there is a HUGE difference....Shockwave is a lot higher on the food chain....
Didn't even want to come close to saying they Cheetah was compared to a DCB or Shockwave for that matter.I think DCB spends more on zip ties than you can buy a Cheetah for. I would say cheetah was in line with the likes of Commander.

bigq
05-17-2005, 09:56 PM
FWIW, when I went to the "factory" a couple months ago, Bob told me that everything was through bolted now. I did see evidence of this on Jay's boat, but I didn't thoroughly inspect every nut and bolt.
That would be great if he does that now. To me that is a major step in the build process. Takes more time and man power, but it will last longer.

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 09:57 AM
A guy that stays across from us at Big Bend has a five year old, or so, Cheetah and his hardware is literally falling off.
I've personally spent several hours tightening screws on a Hallett too...

jayd_jr
05-18-2005, 10:05 AM
FWIW, when I went to the "factory" a couple months ago, Bob told me that everything was through bolted now. I did see evidence of this on Jay's boat, but I didn't thoroughly inspect every nut and bolt.
Yes everything is through bolted...... As of right now I can not say a bad thing about CHEETAH BOATS. Bob was easy to work with and did a great job. As far as Lake Apes question. I think that a cheetah is well built boat for fun on the lake and river. I dont plan on runnin 100 mph or taking out in big chop. I have a freind that had a boat you are looking at for 10 years not one problem!!!!!!! The decision is yours to make.... I say save your money for better investments in your spec home building!!!!

jayd_jr
05-18-2005, 10:10 AM
A guy that stays across from us at Big Bend has a five year old, or so, Cheetah and his hardware is literally falling off.
I think alot has to do in how you use the boat. We all dont take care of our stuff like others either, everyone is different....

jayd_jr
05-18-2005, 10:15 AM
[QUOTE=ShockwaveBob]From what I have seen, this guy takes better care of his boat than most people. Always cleans it after the day, always pulls it out of the water in the evening, stored in a climate controlled facility in Parker, normal 454 power, normal cruising speeds. Just my observation. I would definately believe that he has not abused his boat.[/QUOTE
Cool deal... I was just putting something out there... At least I can say you saw my through bolted stuff..... ;)

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 10:16 AM
I've never owned a Hallett, nor do I have any experience with them. I was just pointing out what I have seen in my own personal experience with the only Cheetah owner I know.
This will be the fifth summer I've owned my Shockwave, I've never tightened a single nut or bolt on it. Before that I owned an Ultra, in which every gauge "fell out" at one time or another, my teak swimsteps fell off the back and my hatch hinges pulled out, so badly in fact that I had to have a new hatch made before I sold it. I guess we all have good and bad experiences.
Very true on that statement...
You know you'd be more than welcome to tour my boat anytime, please excuse the mess...My 2-yr old has been aboard ;)

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 10:17 AM
From what I have seen, this guy takes better care of his boat than most people. Always cleans it after the day, always pulls it out of the water in the evening, stored in a climate controlled facility in Parker, normal 454 power, normal cruising speeds. Just my observation. I would definately believe that he has not abused his boat.
Cool deal... I was just putting something out there... At least I can say you saw my through bolted stuff..... ;)
You got through-bolted stuff? I feel so robbed :D

jayd_jr
05-18-2005, 10:18 AM
Very true on that statement...
You know you'd be more than welcome to tour my boat anytime, please excuse the mess...My 2-yr old has been aboard ;)
My boat is always open for a tour as well..... Just wave me down....

Beer-30
05-18-2005, 10:26 AM
I just got done re-doing the seat bases on the rear bench of my 4 year old Sleek. You can't through-bolt a seat base. Well, kinda. I ended up putting in T-nuts from the top so they are attached with #10 machine screws instead of woods screws.
My point is that a Hallett, Shockwave, DCB, Cheetah, SleekCraft, will all need some repair at some time. I looked at a '99 Eliminator 28 XP that needed some new attachment of the port engine hatch hinge. It's all equipment, and it will all need maintenance at some point. ;)

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 10:26 AM
My boat is always open for a tour as well..... Just wave me down....
I tried that last time in Steamboat...next time I'll swim over :wink:

Beer-30
05-18-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey Dicudmore: I was going to try to hit BV this Sunday. You gonna be local or at the river?

jayd_jr
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
I tried that last time in Steamboat...next time I'll swim over :wink:
I never saw you "wave me over" ........... You better learn how to swim first.. :boxingguy

Beer-30
05-18-2005, 10:33 AM
They make a top mount version of a t nut. The base mushrooms as you tighten, somewhat like a pop rivet. I'm used them several times, they work well.
The guy put these in the resined wood bases before putting the pillows back on. Put new foam in too. He pulled the T-nuts in with a bolt and washer and "set" them for me. I just go new stainless #10x3/4 bolts and slapped them onto the seat hinges. Works great.
That's good to know, though. If I have any need for them, I know they are out there. :wink:

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 10:44 AM
Hey Dicudmore: I was going to try to hit BV this Sunday. You gonna be local or at the river?
planning to be at the river but we'll be up for a BV trip soon I'm sure :cool:

moneypit
05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Damn Cheetah owners...they rape all the posts. :hammerhea

don johnson
05-18-2005, 12:17 PM
I have to jump in here....
I have a close friend that owns a 24 Cheetah and it is a very nice boat regardless of the whole price/ value debate. I will tell you that I have riden in this boat numerous times and it performs exceptionally well. Takes a very nice set, turns on a rail, has the top end of many catamarans in the same size and handles the chop very well. This boat I make reference to has aged exceptionally well, has no stress related cracking and the interior has stood up very well to the elements.
I happen to own a large Eliminator tunnel and have a pretty sharp eye for detail so I make the above comment from a fairly informed position.

Big Warlock
05-18-2005, 02:09 PM
Wan't it a new Cheetah that was stolen by "family members" and then launched airborne and came apart when landing nose first on a windy day after hitting a wake someplace near Black Meadow Landing?
There was a lot of debate whether any boat could have survived the nose dive into the lake.
I do know that Dan is happy with his and has invited me to go through it next time we find ourselves on the same lake together.
Wicked Game was mistaken on his comments on Warlock. He loves his. We are just getting a couple of Ouerterlimits when a few deals go through!! :hammerhea
Rob

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 02:17 PM
Wan't it a new Cheetah that was stolen by "family members" and then launched airborne and came apart when landing nose first on a windy day after hitting a wake someplace near Black Meadow Landing?
There was a lot of debate whether any boat could have survived the nose dive into the lake.
I do know that Dan is happy with his and has invited me to go through it next time we find ourselves on the same lake together.
Wicked Game was mistaken on his comments on Warlock. He loves his. We are just getting a couple of Ouerterlimits when a few deals go through!! :hammerhea
Rob
Was it a Cheetah?? The report said it was a 25' Cheetah and Bob DOES NOT have a 25' model... ??? So were they wrong about the size or the builder?
Either way I don't know many boats that withstand nose-diving :wink:
Outerlimits its not, but Rob that tour is avail any time...can be scheduled at lake havasu just about any weekend :D
With the exception being the mohave picnic weekend

jayd_jr
05-18-2005, 02:30 PM
Rob
This boat was not a cheetah....... It was speculation and confirmed by the builder that is was not. Please dont bring that up again....

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 02:33 PM
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :devil:

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 02:37 PM
Yes everything is through bolted...... As of right now I can not say a bad thing about CHEETAH BOATS. Bob was easy to work with and did a great job. As far as Lake Apes question. I think that a cheetah is well built boat for fun on the lake and river. I dont plan on runnin 100 mph or taking out in big chop. I have a freind that had a boat you are looking at for 10 years not one problem!!!!!!! The decision is yours to make.... I say save your money for better investments in your spec home building!!!!
I second this............. I wonder what kind of boat I could afford if I sold all my assets just to buy 1 bitchen boat and maybe a couple nice cars........but instead we choose to own an array of items that are COST effective but also fun!!! Great boat and lots of fun!!!! :smile:

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 02:39 PM
This boat was not a cheetah....... It was speculation and confirmed by the builder that is was not. Please dont bring that up again....
anybody know what it was??

jayd_jr
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
anybody know what it was??
Lips are sealed

Havasu_Dreamin
05-18-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm certain there will be some people on here that saw the boat at the salvage yard that will disagree with that. And no, I aint one of the ones that saw it at the salvage yard. But considering two people perished, I really think this topic should not be discussed out of respect.

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 02:45 PM
Lips are sealed
whose? you're killin' me here...

jayd_jr
05-18-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm certain there will be some people on here that saw the boat at the salvage yard that will disagree with that. And no, I aint one of the ones that saw it at the salvage yard. But considering two people perished, I really think this topic should not be discussed out of respect.
I spoke with the family and I agree keep it gone...... cant you tell I am trying...

Havasu_Dreamin
05-18-2005, 02:52 PM
In an effort to try and steer this back to the original question, each boat costs what it costs for a reason. The reasons can vary from builder to builder. Maybe one has less overhead, maybe another hull design is in high demand due to its proven efficiency, yet another might be becasue it is the "it" builder of the momment. Bottom line, get what you can afford, and what will work for what you want to do with the boat. Ultimately, it floats and you're on the water, right?

dicudmore
05-18-2005, 02:55 PM
totally agree...

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 02:55 PM
Nicely put!!! :wink:

Beer-30
05-18-2005, 03:11 PM
planning to be at the river but we'll be up for a BV trip soon I'm sure :cool:
Awight.

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 04:14 PM
I second this............. I wonder what kind of boat I could afford if I sold all my assets just to buy 1 bitchen boat and maybe a couple nice cars........but instead we choose to own an array of items that are COST effective but also fun!!! Great boat and lots of fun!!!! :smile:
And who is this directed at.......

Mandelon
05-18-2005, 05:03 PM
And who is this directed at.......
They didn't mention anything about a pile of glass dildoes so it CAN'T be you.... :D

slowinhavasuskid
05-18-2005, 05:28 PM
So if you want my opinion on Cheetah Boats (and you don't) take a couple of hours and go to their shop and see for yourself exactly how they put their boats together. Do they use Marine Grade Plywood? Do they they Stainless Steel Screws? What is their lay up schedule? etc. These are questions that only you can decide are up to your standards or not. You be the one to decide because no matter what you are going to be the only one that can decide weather or not this is the boat for you! :)

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 05:59 PM
They didn't mention anything about a pile of glass dildoes so it CAN'T be you.... :D
Those are all sold out, how do you think I paid for that DCB.....

FULL BOAT
05-18-2005, 06:55 PM
HI
IN RESPONSE TO YOUR QUESTION:
WE PURCHASED A 24 FT CHEETAH STILETTO IN APRIL. WE ABSOLUTELY LOVED THE BOAT AND IT DID PERFORM VERY WELL ON OUR FIRST TRIP OUT. WE WOULD NEVER HAVE THOUGHT OF TRADING IT IN, BUT AS FATE WOULD HAVE IT AND A POSITIVE INFLUX OF CASH$$ WE WERE ABLE TO TRADE IT IN FOR A 28 FOOT MAGIC CAT, WHICH IS ALWAYS WHAT WE WANTED. THE CHEETAH HANDLES GREAT AND WAS EXTREMELY QUICK. IT HAS EVERY OPTION THAT BOB AT CHEETAH OFFERED WITH THE BEST STEREO AND ALL THE REST! IT HAS A 496 HO AND A WILD PAINT JOB. WE USED THE BOAT FOR A DAY SO IT HAS NO HOURS ON IT AND IS BRAND NEW!!!!! THE BOAT IS ON THE MAGIC POWER BOAT WEB PAGE AT WWW.MAGICBOATS.COM!! TAKE A LOOK AT IT - I AM SURE YOU CAN GET A GOOD DEAL. CALL BRETT IN THE PHOENIX OFFICE - HIS # IS ON THE WEB PAGE. THE BOAT IS IN LAKE HAVASU. BRIGHT YELLOW WITH COLORED FLAMES. BOB AT CHEETAH (HE IS THE OWNER) WAS GREAT TO DEAL WITH - HIS SHOP IS NO-FRILLS, BUT HE IS A FAIR AND HONEST BUSINESS MAN. AS I SAID ABOVE - WE WERE EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THE BOAT. WE JUST CAME ACROSS OUR DREAM BOAT AND WERE ABLE TO MAKE IT HAPPEN. THE STILETTO HANDLES THE CHOP GREAT!!!! GOOD LUCK!! :rollside:

hot_diggity_dog
05-18-2005, 07:35 PM
So if you want my opinion on Cheetah Boats (and you don't) take a couple of hours and go to their shop and see for yourself exactly how they put their boats together. Do they use Marine Grade Plywood? Do they they Stainless Steel Screws? What is their lay up schedule? etc. These are questions that only you can decide are up to your standards or not. You be the one to decide because no matter what you are going to be the only one that can decide weather or not this is the boat for you! :)
45 plus years building custom boats, he must know or a least forgot something? :wink:
HDD :cool:

MOBrien
05-18-2005, 07:39 PM
back in March of '04 we purchased our first boat. A '00 Cheetah Stiletto. It had 105 hours on it and it was what we had in the budget. We had been seriously looking for a boat for about 6 months and we determined it had everything that we needed within that budget. This is our first boat so we didn't choose a boat with all the optioned items that you'll find on the high-end builders. This is because we wanted to make sure that owning a boat is something that we really want to commit to long term. To us, purchasing a boat isn't something that we were going to just go out and drop 100K on without knowing the family would enjoy it and that we'd use it as much as we talked about using a boat....two very different things for different people. I'm a huge fan of the new Howards, Ultra's, Magics, Eliminators, DCB's, etc...etc... and would love to own a custom one some day.....but for now we love our Stiletto. We've had it for just over a year now and have put about 80 really fun hours on it so far. And again, in going with a Cheetah we didn't break the bank "test driving" the hobby of boating. It's fairly quick, takes mid-afternoon chop very well, turns on a dime, and is spacious enough for two families to hit the lake...that was our criteria. Now that we know boating is something we love to do as a family and will commit ourselves to for a long time to come.....we are planning on stepping up, but not because we're unsatisfied with our boat, we just know that we are boaters for life now and we're comfortable with spending more on the next one in another year or so....whatever that next one is. I've seen pics of a lot of sweet boats on these boards that are surely coming up for sale when we're ready to move up.
Cheetah = great boat in that price range.
my $.02
-MOB

Danzo
05-18-2005, 07:43 PM
I got absolutely hammered on a post a few months back about "Commanders and Cheetah's". The truth is I owned a Cheetah stilletto. Dollar for dollar, it is what it is. Less quality all the way around. Cheap carpet, cheap electrical, cheap hardware, very decent gel/paint graphics, cheap fiberglass layup. Yopu better have a decent motor package in the boat you choose because if you dont you will not get on plane in any rough water. That is a fact. All in all I would look at what you can afford and outweigh the pro's vs. con's but anyone and everyone knows that a Cheetah is what it is. A not great boat, but not a shitty boat at an affordable price.
Look at some used boats in the same price range you are looking to spend. There is always a diamond in the rough. Another key is look under the dash at thier wiring, then go look at other boats. Just my .02

hot_diggity_dog
05-18-2005, 07:58 PM
Cheap carpet,
You can choose any carpet you want!
Cheap electrical,
For another 30k I think you could have the whole boat rewired? even under the dash! LOL
Cheap hardware,
You can choose any hardware they make, like Eddie Marine.
All in all I would look at what you can afford and outweigh the pro's vs. con's but anyone and everyone knows that a Cheetah is what it is. A not great boat, but not a shitty boat at an affordable price.
Bingo!!!
HDD

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Where is pixalted pussy, Im still waiting for her answer....

slowinhavasu
05-18-2005, 08:06 PM
I would love to run with this......remember the Ford Pinto....nice car for the money....could of had a Honda.....how about the Hundi....could of had a Toyota....bottom line, you get what you pay for...
And when making a statement you believe to be fact...do your homework....
I would hate to have to say "I told you so".....Boat safe...... ;)

DogHouse
05-18-2005, 08:12 PM
Nothing wrong with a Cheetah. I had one and a couple of my friends have them now. One runs around 90, the other waaay over 100. Layups are pretty standard stuff compared to a lot of other custom builders. Hardware is the usual billet stuff. Interiors are nicely done. The wood that goes into them is the same pressure treated boat board that many other builders use. Wiring is so-so but then again so are some other big name builders. My only real beef with them is that the gelcoats are inconsistent. Some come out bitchen, some look like sh!t when you get Gus on a bad day. The good news is that Bob is willing to fix things (up to and including a whole new hull) until you're happy.
-brian

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 08:19 PM
Where is pixalted pussy, Im still waiting for her answer....
WHY YOU SO DEFENSIVE? ALOT OF PEOPLE DUMP THEIR MONEY INTO 1 CRAZY TOY..... I SEE IT ALL YEAR LONG... YES YOU DO GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT I BOUGHT, A CHEETAH....A GREAT COST EFFECTIVE BOAT. COMING FROM A 84 BAHNER WHERE I PERSONALLY REBUILD THE MOTOR 2 TIMES,REGLASSED THE INSIDE, REPAIRED THE HULL, AND INSTALLED A FULL MSD IGNITION, THIS IS A PERFECT UPGRADE FOR MY FAMILY...
G NOT T

moneypit
05-18-2005, 08:20 PM
Some people act like Bob's shovin' shit in his seats...
Do your homework.....look under the dash... Make sure he tightens his nuts...Get a big engine or it will take forever to plane..? I dont think anyone that has purchased a cheetah thinks he's getting anything other than he bought. I also beleive that if you have read every post made by any of the cheetah owners, you will see that they are appraised of the way their boat was built and its capabilities.. They are not arguing that the cheetah is competing with a higher leveled boat.

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 08:21 PM
so who were your comments directed at

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 08:23 PM
so who were your comments directed at
SO BACK TO CHEETAH TALK, EASE UP M, WE ALL TALK THE SH!T, DON'T WE.... :supp:

DogHouse
05-18-2005, 08:23 PM
Get a big engine or it will take forever to plane..?.
I'm not sure why you say this. My 23 would pop on plane so fast I couldn't believe it, even with just part throttle. Same tunnel bottom as the 24. Perhaps there was something odd about your setup, balance, prop, etc, that made yours sluggish. In general I don't think that's a fair assessment.
:cool:

checkr'd past
05-18-2005, 08:24 PM
Do what I did when we were interested in the 29, make an unannounced visit to the factory and do be shy about inspecting the boats in the process of being built. Not to call names or anything but that turned me away. Drywall screws have no business being in a boat

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 08:24 PM
SO BACK TO CHEETAH TALK, EASE UP M, WE ALL TALK THE SH!T, DON'T WE.... :supp:
Figures no answer.....

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 08:26 PM
Figures no answer.....
M, NO ANSWER BECAUSE YOU ARE ON THE WRONG THREAD, GO FIND ANOTHER PLAYGROUND.

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 08:28 PM
M, NO ANSWER BECAUSE YOU ARE ON THE WRONG THREAD, GO FIND ANOTHER PLAYGROUND.
No I was here before you go back to the sand you are in the wrong sand box...
This is a boating website...

OutCole'd
05-18-2005, 08:28 PM
Drywall screws have no business being in a boat
Depends, were they stainless drywall screws?

moneypit
05-18-2005, 08:32 PM
Yopu better have a decent motor package in the boat you choose because if you dont you will not get on plane in any rough water. That is a fact.
This is what I was eluding to. Amazing what things will be written and then become factual at the same time. :messedup: :messedup:

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 08:41 PM
No I was here before you go back to the sand you are in the wrong sand box...
This is a boating website...
Sounds like you were conceived in a boat,born in a boat,raised in a boat, and educated in a boat. you know everything. your the god of boats. hope you did your homework buying your boat. just to let you know i did before i made my choice.......i hope i'm not ruffling your feathers, if i could afford a DCB i too would consider one. FYI.... my wife has been running the river since the early 70's with her family, as for me I started back in '86. oh by the way, didn't you know that 70% of all glamis people travel to the river. Ya I'm in the right sandbox

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 08:42 PM
This is what I was eluding to. Amazing what things will be written and then become factual at the same time. :messedup: :messedup:
496 mag planes just fine in rough water....... ;)

checkr'd past
05-18-2005, 08:43 PM
No, the screws were the standard black ones from home depot

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 08:43 PM
Do you have trouble dealing with your sexuality?
Do you have trouble with your identity?
Are you a man or a woman.
Im not sure anymore......
I dont know jack shit about boats either, that is why I bought a DCB

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 08:45 PM
. oh by the way, didn't you know that 70% of all glamis people travel to the river. Ya I'm in the right sandbox
I must have missed that poll 70% of the people must be right , a cheetah owner said so.......
wait a minute which one the man or the woman or is it a he/she

Mrs.Racer277
05-18-2005, 08:51 PM
I must have missed that poll 70% of the people must be right , a cheetah owner said so.......
wait a minute which one the man or the woman or is it a he/she
I have no idea what is going on here. :confused: BUT We play in both Sand,Dirt and Water if that helps your poll! :rolleyes: :)

CornWater
05-18-2005, 08:53 PM
Call me ignorant... but I would buy a boat that benefited my needs, my wants, my desires, and primarily my budget.... but do what you feel is right, and be proud of it... I get so tired of this competition shiat.. crap, half the people are buying boats to impress someone else, and know jack shiat about the finer points of their vessel, other than the fact that they think it makes them look cool when they drive it or tell someone about it. Bottom line, do your homework, find out what is important to you, and capital F everyone else... :yuk:

DogHouse
05-18-2005, 08:59 PM
Call me ignorant... but I would buy a boat that benefited my needs, my wants, my desires, and primarily my budget.... but do what you feel is right, and be proud of it... I get so tired of this competition shiat.. crap, half the people are buying boats to impress someone else, and know jack shiat about the finer points of their vessel, other than the fact that they think it makes them look cool when they drive it or tell someone about it. Bottom line, do your homework, find out what is important to you, and capital F everyone else... :yuk:
That's the best post I've read in a loooooong time!
:)

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 08:59 PM
CHA CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW F%KN FUNNY & TRUE!!!!! LOL
MRS PIX :p :p

atomickitn
05-18-2005, 09:00 PM
its funny to here people talk trash about things they realy dont know about first hand, and only go on the asumptions they here of, how does one now any boat, unless they have either owned one or a friend has owned one,, the saying goes you get what you pay for, and being in the boat biz ( building , rigging , repairs) ive seen some pretty lame eliminators, lavys ,, and soo on,, heres one for you, if you want preimium rigging from eliminator you have to pay extra, so that must mean that if you dont pay extra it must be a pile of s***ht........., money talks ans bull s**t walks........ :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:00 PM
I have no idea what is going on here. :confused: BUT We play in both Sand,Dirt and Water if that helps your poll! :rolleyes: :)
LOVE YA SWEETIE!!!! :p

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:01 PM
its funny to here people talk trash about things they realy dont know about first hand, and only go on the asumptions they here of, how does one now any boat, unless they have either owned one or a friend has owned one,, the saying goes you get what you pay for, and being in the boat biz ( building , rigging , repairs) ive seen some pretty lame eliminators, lavys ,, and soo on,, heres one for you, if you want preimium rigging from eliminator you have to pay extra, so that must mean that if you dont pay extra it must be a pile of s***ht........., money talks ans bull s**t walks........ :rollside:
:) :) :) :) :)

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 09:02 PM
CHA CHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOW F%KN FUNNY & TRUE!!!!! LOL
MRS PIX :p :p
Exactly, so why are you here.. Im sure everyone would rather have the other party over you....

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
HUH???? :confused:
The blondie is now confused.......

Mrs.Racer277
05-18-2005, 09:03 PM
LOVE YA SWEETIE!!!! :p
Just trying to help out. :) :) XOXO
And for months I posted under Sean's screen name. BFD! I don't think there was ever a question about my sexuality. :jawdrop: :D
BTW Love the pics on Dove. :)

Mrs.Racer277
05-18-2005, 09:04 PM
Exactly, so why are you here.. Im sure everyone would rather have the other party over you....
WTF?????????? :confused:

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:18 PM
Just trying to help out. :) :) XOXO
And for months I posted under Sean's screen name. BFD! I don't think there was ever a question about my sexuality. :jawdrop: :D
BTW Love the pics on Dove. :)
Oh... I am sure there is enough people who know about our sexuality :eek:
LOL :wink:

Racer277
05-18-2005, 09:23 PM
Funny, that's what we always say about you.....

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Funny, that's what we always say about you.....
WOW The pp have atleast ONE friend on here....

Racer277
05-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Yes, they do. :cool:

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 09:27 PM
6 more to go and they have 70%

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:29 PM
Glad you can add........ :smile:

bigq
05-18-2005, 09:30 PM
LOL....it's amazing how threads turn in this place. :hammerhea

Kilrtoy
05-18-2005, 09:30 PM
Glad you can add........ :smile:
If you go any higher I'll be lost

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:31 PM
Ha ha :wink: LOL !!
All in good fun!!! :D

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Why all the hatin'? Let's get back to bashing and/or defending Cheetah custom boats. Come on people, focus.
Ok I am focused now.... :rollside:

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Hows the Shockwave treatin ya?

DogHouse
05-18-2005, 09:33 PM
Why all the hatin'? Let's get back to bashing and/or defending Cheetah custom boats. Come on people, focus.
Cheetah sucks!
:D

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:35 PM
:boxingguy :D :D Oh Yeah?...........

DogHouse
05-18-2005, 09:40 PM
Lol!

pixilatedpussy
05-18-2005, 09:47 PM
Need a Shock Tsunami? Not a Shock wave!!!!
That comes from the husband...He thought it was funny! :p

Squirtin Thunder
05-18-2005, 10:07 PM
http://www.riverratlife.net/uploads/hdd/Avatars/bouncing_boobs.gif Damn those match my boat !!!

jayd_jr
05-19-2005, 06:45 AM
No, the screws were the standard black ones from home depot
You are wrong........ That is one thing I checked on.....They are not the standard home depot screws..... The ones in my boat arent black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

OutCole'd
05-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Great Post. Green boxes for you!!
Get what YOU want, get what YOU can afford, get what will make YOU and YOUR family happy. Screw trying to keep up with the anyone else.

dicudmore
05-19-2005, 07:36 AM
You are wrong........ That is one thing I checked on.....They are not the standard home depot screws..... The ones in my boat arent black!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
mine either...
cheap yes, but not black :wink:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
mine either...
cheap yes, but not black :wink:
Then you got the high dollar polished screws. :D j/k with you Dan.
I said it earlier in here and many times on other threads and others ahve said it here, get what you want and what will meet your needs. If it's a Cheetah, go for it. If it's a DCB, more power to you. If it's a Bayliner, at least it's a boat.

dicudmore
05-19-2005, 07:58 AM
oh, in case anybody wanted to compare "hardware"
Screws not withstanding...
My boat has Dana HP1000 tabs w/indicators
Beede gauges (trim, temp, oil psi, fuel, volt, RPM, MPH)
Gaffrig stainless offshore shift/throttle
pull-up cleats etc etc
wiring in the engine compartment is wrapped in conduit and zip-tied about every 3"

dicudmore
05-19-2005, 07:59 AM
I said it earlier in here and many times on other threads and others ahve said it here, get what you want and what will meet your needs. If it's a Cheetah, go for it. If it's a DCB, more power to you. If it's a Bayliner, at least it's a boat.
Very well said Scott...get what suits your families needs :D

Essex502
05-19-2005, 08:13 AM
pull-up cleats etc etc
wiring in the engine compartment is wrapped in conduit and zip-tied about every 3"
I'll compare wit' cha'! New boat of course! :D Just yankin' your chain a little Dan! :D

Essex502
05-19-2005, 08:14 AM
You're too damn rational! :D

dicudmore
05-19-2005, 08:27 AM
I'll compare wit' cha'! New boat of course! :D Just yankin' your chain a little Dan! :D
No problem... As you know I'll be expecting a full tour of the new vessel, and a RIDE :D
(I hope that ride doesn't become an expensive itch...)

Havasu_Dreamin
05-19-2005, 08:32 AM
I hope that ride doesn't become an expensive itch...
Tell me about it. :notam:

pixilatedpussy
05-19-2005, 03:14 PM
:p :p :p :p :p :p :p Great Post. Green boxes for you!!
Get what YOU want, get what YOU can afford, get what will make YOU and YOUR family happy. Screw trying to keep up with the anyone else.

Mandelon
05-19-2005, 03:23 PM
Just cuz I never rode in a Yugo doesn't mean I can't talk trash about one. :messedup:
Are you saying I have to ride in a Mercedes to know its well built?
A lower resale is due to public perception......maybe they build the best boat in the world, but if everyone thinks its cheap, then it won't have much, or retain its value well....The question is: How did the public got its perception?

RiverDave
05-19-2005, 04:05 PM
pull-up cleats etc etc
Nice trim tabs
Guages are bottom of the barrel
Shifter Throttle is acceptable
Pull up or pop up?
3 inches.... totally unnacceptable. :D
NO SOUP FOR YOU!! ONE YEAR!!
RD

RP1
05-19-2005, 04:08 PM
pull-up cleats etc etc
You have "pull-up" cleats instead of "pop-ups" you were robbed. ;)

Big Warlock
05-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I need to go to the store for more popcorn!!!!
Can we talk about how a KIA is alot like a benz next????!!! :eek:

Wicked Game
05-19-2005, 08:02 PM
And we all know that buying a new boat is all about the screws we get on it............oh...you're all talk about the kind with threads :D

TCHB
05-19-2005, 08:41 PM
KIA and BENZ Comp
You are not talking apples to apples becuase of the engines, transmission, brakes, safety systems, suspention systems, radios, interior quality, and body structure are not the same. When you compare Cheetah to other boats it is hard to find the major dollar difference when the most expensive parts are the same in both boats. If the engine package is the same price where is the $30K difference in 24 ft boat??

pixilatedpussy
05-19-2005, 09:37 PM
I can't believe I just spent an hour of my life reading about Cheetah Boats and their owners. Amazing what people will write about, and how upset they will get defending their colors (sports team, boat, ford or chevy) whatever they strongly believe.
I always see a yellow & orange 24 deck boat, moored in front of a house in Needles. I have never seen it move, it's in the water and then gone, maybe the owner just puts it in and out of the water? For some reason my eyes are always drawn to it. I don't know if it's the colors or the boat or. I don't have an answer, but it still is a "nice boat" even if it's a so called "Cheep Cheetah". Remember, if you can have a nice Ford, you can have a nice Cheetah.
When I see it, I think it probably is a cheap boat (price) but I still like it, you like what you like that's why there is a choice...
:cool: :cool: :cool: well said

Tom Brown
05-19-2005, 09:55 PM
So what's up with Cheetah Boats...
Well... they're no Glastron.

DogHouse
05-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Nice trim tabs
Pull up or pop up?
RD
Well if you don't approve, step up the the mill and help a brutha out!

jbone
05-19-2005, 10:23 PM
I had a 17' glastron a couple of years ago.
It was cool when I got to tow back a $40,000 custom boat. And no it wasn't a Cheetah. My little 4 cyl got two families and two boats back to the ramp about 5 miles away during a storm on about 10 gals of gas.
I've stepped up now, Shockwave baby!!!!
J

bigq
05-19-2005, 10:34 PM
So ...WTF!!!!!!! are you getting a Cheetah or what?????? :devil: :D

Danzo
05-20-2005, 05:08 AM
I'm not sure why you say this. My 23 would pop on plane so fast I couldn't believe it, even with just part throttle. Same tunnel bottom as the 24. Perhaps there was something odd about your setup, balance, prop, etc, that made yours sluggish. In general I don't think that's a fair assessment.
:cool:
My 23' had the dame problem. I had a scorpion 377. FOREVER TO PLANE!

Big Warlock
05-20-2005, 07:43 AM
Most of the hardware is the same. That makes it easy to figure out where the differences are! But we have been asked not to discuss it for various reasons. I have another favorite boat of mine that we are not allowed to talk about either. Both boat builders have sold to people I have a lot of respect for.
However, make no mistake. I love all of boats, but will one day, hopefully in the near future, be referred to as Big Outerlimits!!! :boxed:

dicudmore
05-20-2005, 08:16 AM
I need to go to the store for more popcorn!!!!
Can we talk about how a KIA is alot like a benz next????!!! :eek:
Rob...a Kia is a lot like a Hyundai :wink:
its a Chrysler thats a lot like a Benz :D

dicudmore
05-20-2005, 08:17 AM
Nice trim tabs
Pull up or pop up?
RD
RD I didn't claim to have the best by any stretch of the imagination...
Just stating whats on there ;)

Danzo
05-24-2005, 11:41 AM
pull-up cleats etc etc
I have seen your boat and it is nice. When I bought my Cheetah I had to upgrade EVERYTHING. Someone in this thread was talking about "heresay". I have owned a Cheetah and would not buy another one. Thats just my opinion. It's not about money. It's about quality. I don't have an unlimited budget to buy a DCB, I have a partner in my boat and that was the only way I could afford it. My last boat was a Essex and I was very happy with the boat but I had alot of complaints about service and "customer service" especially! (sorry if I'm getting a little off the thread).

cheezpanel
06-02-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm thinking about a 24 Fast Cat...Is there a big performance difference between the 496 and the 496 HO? Is it worth the extra couple thou?

dicudmore
06-02-2005, 10:30 AM
I'm thinking about a 24 Fast Cat...Is there a big performance difference between the 496 and the 496 HO? Is it worth the extra couple thou?
a few MPH... Jayd_Jr has the non-HO version in his and it still runs well...
Mid 60's I think he said??
If you plan on an upgrade like the Raylar or something like that then its prob not worth the money to get the HO

jayd_jr
06-02-2005, 10:56 AM
No its not worth it..... I have ran 68 but it runs 63 all day which to me is fast enough :D for now. You need to think about insurance and repairs as well.

cheezpanel
06-02-2005, 11:31 AM
So would you say overall that you're happy with your boat and dealings with Cheetah? I've heard so many different stories, good and bad...thanks for the advice.
No its not worth it..... I have ran 68 but it runs 63 all day which to me is fast enough :D for now. You need to think about insurance and repairs as well.

Teabagger
06-02-2005, 11:31 AM
dicudmore,
Can you post some photo's of your boats interior? Seems to be a nice looking boat from the ouside, I'm wondering what it looks like on the inside.

pixilatedpussy
06-02-2005, 01:13 PM
We love our Cheetah...someone said it is the bottom of the barrel....I beg to differ! You would love it too! :p
As for dealings with Cheetah, we have had ups and downs! Bob Knows his stuff, but just doesn't like to deal with the additionals.....I just take it to his sons shop Stealth! :p

dicudmore
06-02-2005, 01:25 PM
dicudmore,
Can you post some photo's of your boats interior? Seems to be a nice looking boat from the ouside, I'm wondering what it looks like on the inside.
ask and ye shall receive...
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int6.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int5.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int4.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int3.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/6385int2.jpg

dicudmore
06-02-2005, 01:28 PM
Wait! I don't see a single piece of duck tape. :D :p
Kilrtoy has not been aboard to add that yet :wink:

Kilrtoy
06-02-2005, 01:32 PM
Kilrtoy has not been aboard to add that yet :wink:
HEY NOW.....
Dont confuse me and SYA
just because we are MENorities.....

dicudmore
06-02-2005, 01:34 PM
HEY NOW.....
Dont confuse me and SYA
just because we are MENorities.....
my bad...
please accept my apologies over a cold one next trip out :D

jayd_jr
06-03-2005, 10:07 AM
So would you say overall that you're happy with your boat and dealings with Cheetah? I've heard so many different stories, good and bad...thanks for the advice.
All good for the most... You just need to have your ducks in a row when ordering. Make sure you know exactly what you want before you go . Makes it real easy. I type out my order prior so I could turn it in to them. EVRYONE has good and bad dealings with all MFGs.

Lake Ape
06-07-2005, 07:18 PM
Hey All! I just thought I would point out that this guy's Cheetah seems to be working out ok for him. I stole the picture, hope you don't mind!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2316000_1209.JPG

pixilatedpussy
06-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Here is a pic of ours
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2406100_0305.JPG

river chaser
06-07-2005, 08:44 PM
Here's our 24 tunnel....
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/626P1010002-med.jpg

Waldo
06-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Just wondering Lake Ape...why the tourney boat and not a Cheetah/Elim/or other custom boat for the same $$$??

moneypit
06-07-2005, 10:05 PM
Here is a pic of ours
I like the boat.... I also like the quote!!

Waldo
06-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Here is a pic of ours
I like there's also!

Ducatista
06-08-2005, 02:34 PM
dicudmore,
Geez...I go to Havasu for a week and miss a Cheetah thread...here is a couple more of a 6 year old 29 Cheetah with 250 hours on her, thats held up real well, but could a couple of more zip ties...lol
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Picture_041.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Picture_001.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Picture_043.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Picture_044.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/886Picture_035.jpg

Phat Daddy
06-08-2005, 02:55 PM
Hey All! I just thought I would point out that this guy's Cheetah seems to be working out ok for him. I stole the picture, hope you don't mind!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2316000_1209.JPG
That's my boy Atomickitn. He's got the 24' deck with a blown stroker motor in it. He loves the boat and I have'nt heard him complain about anything. Lots of room for storage, big system and a stripper pole :supp:

pixilatedpussy
06-08-2005, 04:37 PM
Geez...I go to Havasu for a week and miss a Cheetah thread...here is a couple more of a 6 year old 29 Cheetah with 250 hours on her, thats held up real well, but could a couple of more zip ties...lol
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Picture_041.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Picture_001.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Picture_043.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886Picture_044.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/886Picture_035.jpg
Very nice!!!!! My husband wanted that cuddy but I like the bed for the kids (or he & I) to use! :D

dregsz
04-05-2006, 10:21 PM
Des anyone who knows alot about Ski Tunnels have any experience with the 23 and 24 Cheetah tunnel boats?
How does the ride compare to a Stoker or Sleekcraft SST etc??
Do these boats pound in a chop or are they smooth like a Vee?
Can these hulls take a real serious beeting like 2-3' real chop on a regular basis?
Do they ride smooth and stable at 70+, 80+ 90 MPH?
Does the hull shudder landing big air or do they have a solid layup that inspires confidence?
Thanks
Evan

BADASS38CHEVY
04-05-2006, 10:29 PM
This months issue of powerboats has a article on the cx29 pretty good reviews except for the finish work on the gel coating.