PDA

View Full Version : Jet Fest

Taylorman
05-17-2005, 06:51 PM
So how many boats are usually at jet fest. Im thinking about going but will most likely be by myself. Is there a campground to camp at?

blowngas
05-17-2005, 07:58 PM
the event takes place on a camping site, but there are no lodging facilitys there---a state park with facilitys is located very closeby and other lodging sites are located in nearby towns----r/v and tent camping is usually the norm at the jetfest site----go back and reread some of the past jetfest posts

mrgoslow
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
there are rooms available on the lake @ Fiesta marina which is a 5 min straight shot boat ride across the lake. they also rent cabanas with A/C. there is a restaurant on site too. unless you want to camp, it would be the best bet. gasoline is the only downfall. i think they only sell 87 octane. you'll definitely enjoy the trip. lots of eye candy. bbq for attendees funded by tee shirt sales. some grudge matches, showboating, bench racing and shit talkin. in the past there has been anything from shitboxes to blown alcohol injected jets. like i said. you'll enjoy it. you'll see more than 50 performance boats in one spot.

Taylorman
05-18-2005, 11:12 AM
90% i'll be there. Can't wait.

Devilman
05-18-2005, 11:22 AM
there are rooms available on the lake @ Fiesta marina which is a 5 min straight shot boat ride across the lake. they also rent cabanas with A/C. there is a restaurant on site too. unless you want to camp, it would be the best bet. gasoline is the only downfall. i think they only sell 87 octane. you'll definitely enjoy the trip. lots of eye candy. bbq for attendees funded by tee shirt sales. some grudge matches, showboating, bench racing and shit talkin. in the past there has been anything from shitboxes to blown alcohol injected jets. like i said. you'll enjoy it. you'll see more than 50 performance boats in one spot.
"Shitboxes"?!? :D :D

Liberator TJ1984
05-18-2005, 12:11 PM
"Shitboxes"?!? :D :D
He's talkin about my " Trailer Queen " :D
Taylorman , at Sunrise Beach ( Jetfest Headquarters ) if you want to bring a tent and camp there they have several restrooms and drinking water faucets/hookups , I need to ask but I think at a couple of the restrooms they have showers too ??? The State Park is right around the corner if you would rather stay there .... approx. 1 mi. from Sunrise by water or roads :idea:
Gopher

Devilman
05-18-2005, 12:30 PM
Sunrise is where we're planning on staying with our trailer.... Supposed to camping with some friends that have gone the last couple of years.
Hey Liberator, the guy that turned me on to the Jetfest deals says he knows you. His name is Ben Moya. Has a brother-in-law named Robbie with a light blue Executive(?) Ring any bells?

Liberator TJ1984
05-18-2005, 12:59 PM
Sunrise is where we're planning on staying with our trailer.... Supposed to camping with some friends that have gone the last couple of years.
Hey Liberator, the guy that turned me on to the Jetfest deals says he knows you. His name is Ben Moya. Has a brother-in-law named Robbie with a light blue Executive(?) Ring any bells?
Benny Moya ? yea....
Robbie ....I know several
but my memory ain't that great since I drink alot and usually don't remember names :rollside: :p

OldFaithful Squirter
05-18-2005, 02:04 PM
Renee & Edshred are working on getting the calenders completed for JETFEST 2005 so make sure everyone marks their calenders and gets down here for this years event!
This is the last blow out of the year and we would like to have everyone whom has ever attended to come back and bring some more jet boat folks! We will get UP IN SMOKE cook team to bring back out the wagon for the best dam eats, T-shirts, Koozies, Boats & Babes Calenders, and all the fun that one can have under the sun with Bikinis -Boats - Beer!!!!!
We for sure will have Renee & Ed out shooting some more of those fine beauty photos, helicopter will be available and maybe we can even get Ed an eye in the sky to shoot some really good photos from the air!! So come on and join us, until then we will Jet'Cha Later!!!!!! Kelly
http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10050/normal_Airial%20Photo%20of%20JET%20FEST%202004.JPG
http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10050/normal_JET%20FEST%20KOOZIE%20ADVERTIZED.JPG
http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10050/normal_Group%20Floating2.jpg
http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10050/normal_Group%20onBeach.jpg
http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10050/normal_Up%20in%20Smoke%20cook%20team.jpg
http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10050/normal_Up%20in%20Smoke%20cook%20team1.jpg
http://texas***boats.com/gallery/albums/userpics/10050/normal_Warhawk%20and%20group%20on%20bank.jpg
SO YALL COME BACK NOW YOU HEAR!!!!
JETFEST 2005 LABOR DAY WEEKEND ON LAKE CORPUS CHRISTI :)

Devilman
05-19-2005, 04:26 AM
Benny Moya ? yea....
Robbie ....I know several
but my memory ain't that great since I drink alot and usually don't remember names :rollside: :p
I hear you on the memory thing! Robbie Camacho(sp?) I'm pretty sure this is his boat:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/2029blueboat.jpg

taylormanss
05-19-2005, 04:43 AM
Yea that's Rob's boat I met him over at Coleto Creek one weekend last year.I'm shooting for jetfest with my centurion,we might make it.

Devilman
05-19-2005, 04:54 AM
Yea that's Rob's boat I met him over at Coleto Creek one weekend last year.I'm shooting for jetfest with my centurion,we might make it.
How is it boatwise over there at Coleto? Couple of buddies are always ragging me to go over there....

Liberator TJ1984
05-19-2005, 05:54 AM
Now that you posted a pic of his wife and boat :devil:
yea, I know THAT Robbie :idea:
what the heck they been up too???

blowngas
05-19-2005, 06:23 AM
I drink alot and usually don't remember names
but you do a good job of walking around and hardly ever fall down!!!! :) :) :) :)

Liberator TJ1984
05-19-2005, 07:10 AM
Practice makes Perfection :p

OldFaithful Squirter
08-17-2005, 09:29 AM
JETFEST 2005 HOT BOAT RALLY- Lake Corpus Christi
The annual big blow out hot boat rally (JETFEST) on Lake Corpus Christi near Mathis Texas off of Interstate Highway 37 is upon us again real soon. Planned for September 3rd thru the 5th 2005. Once again to be held at Sun Rise Beach on the point, off of Interstate 37 then off of Highway 359 South to Park Road 25! We have got the UP IN SMOKE cooking team scheduled to have there BBQ trailer on location again this year for the good food and tunes, David Hobbs is getting the T-shirts & Koozies designed for this years promotions, and with some luck we will have the helicopter out again giving us some fly byes for airial photos! (We hope still have to get with Zac to confirm). If so and the water conditions are correct for us all to go meet at the Blue Pump House on the water we will set up a time for Saturday or Sunday to take a group picture and show those Havasu folks just how we party in Texas Style and maybe someday they will just come and join us!!! Also keep in mind that Tony & Nora Guerra have organized a kick off party for Friday night which as soon as I get a final plan we will post that info. So come get started with us in Orange Grove Texas off Hwy 624 & 359 with a cold beer if you get here by Friday night. So keep me informed if anyone needs more info on the Rally and we look forward to seeing everyone again at JETFEST 2005, till then we will JET'CHA LATER.
thanks Kelly
NOTE NEW EMAIL ADDRESS -kcravenswp@aol.com
NOTE NEW MOBIL NUMBER-361-701-8657

taylormanss
08-17-2005, 05:10 PM
where is robby and his blue boat?I haven't seen it in about a year.Come on down taylorman mathis tx. is only about 3 miles away and orange grove is about 12 miles away there are motels in both places also fiesta marina has a motel that is right on the water but they don't have that many rooms so you better check oh them!

taylormanss
08-20-2005, 10:28 AM
Hey DMAN there weren't but three jets when I was there,duane was there with his flatty,a few fishing boats,and a few ski boats.

taylormanss
08-20-2005, 10:29 AM
14 dayz till jetfest!!!!!!!!!

borderlinecrazy
08-25-2005, 05:32 PM
The Ranch Motel in Mathis, Texas is a very nice place to stay very close to all the activity at Jetfest.
Phone 361-547-3003
Come on down and enjoy the best boating event in the State. And the
biggest. :)

OldFaithful Squirter
08-28-2005, 11:21 PM
Only A Week Away Now, It Has Been Some Mad Crazy Nights At The Midnight Boat Wurks Barn This Past Week, But Have Made Lots Of Progress In Getting More Boats Ready For Jet Fest 2005!
Everything Is Set Up For The Event- Sunrise Beach Is Arranged Again, T-shirts & Koozies Done, BBQ To Be Provided By The Up In Smoke (awesome Pit) Crew, Tony & Nora has organized the kick off party on Friday at Bunky's in Orange Grove, Zac Has Confirmed He Will Fly The Chopper For Us, But It Looks Like I Will Have To Be Taking The Pictures Now. Spoke With Norman And He Said He Will Be Un-able To Attend This Year. So Hope I Can Take Some Good Shots For You Guys, Most Likely The Plan For Airial Photos Will Organized At The Event. We Have Not Decided Whether To Fly Saturday Or Sunday Yet. Mcqueeney Bikini Company Will Be There With Calendars And If They Run Out They Will Be Taking Orders For Mail Out As Well. So We Hope To Have Everyone That Has Come To This Event In The Past To Come Back And Bring Some More Jet Boaters And Babes!! Till Then We Will Jet'cha Later!! Thanks Kelly

LewdAct
09-01-2005, 09:28 PM
allright all you snappa heads,, jet fest is just a couple days away,, hope everyone filled up before the oil companies decided to slide it in without even giving us a reach around,, hope to see everyone there,,, See ya

Liberator TJ1984
09-02-2005, 04:37 AM
allright all you snappa heads,, jet fest is just a couple days away,, hope everyone filled up before the oil companies decided to slide it in without even giving us a reach around,, hope to see everyone there,,, See ya
Fuel ain't a problem ??? Ya see....
I got this brand new rubber hose.............
and
I know where you park your boat ! :hammerhea

mrgoslow
09-02-2005, 05:51 AM
chris, you pull that and we'll all help you top off your tank. hell, we'll top off your whole boat or should i say put under!
anyways! kenneth is right, jetfest is just around the corner. i hope people like roasted corn with their bbq. between greg and myself should have alittle better than 300 ears of sweet corn from the garden.

Liberator TJ1984
09-02-2005, 05:55 AM
[QUOTE=mrgoslow]chris, you pull that and we'll all help you top off your tank. hell, we'll top off your whole boat or should i say put under!
Damn Scotty !!! Who pissed in your CornFlakes this mouning :confused:

mrgoslow
09-02-2005, 06:50 AM
i guess the world. i hope to punish the boat this weekend for it is the root of all evil.

borderlinecrazy
09-02-2005, 07:03 PM
Damn, that post scares me.........and at the same time,. I can deal
with it. Drive the pee pee out of that motor and blow your cheeks
back to your ears. Hopefully, you will be running right next to me
when you are doing it!!!! ;)

mrgoslow
09-03-2005, 05:35 AM
i just wish i will be leading!

oldbuck40
09-03-2005, 06:17 AM
hope ya'll have a good time this year! im going to miss out,,but maybe next year... oh yea it looks like there is going to be alot of rain moving in from further south around mc allen moving towards corpus! maybe it will stay dry for yall!

borderlinecrazy
09-03-2005, 04:05 PM
What are you smoking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:
Geez, I guess I can let off the throttle so you can run close by.
Really didn't want to though. :notam:

blowngas
09-04-2005, 05:47 AM
Wow, what a kickoff party!!!!------good music, cold beer, great barbque,----everyone that made it had a great time------and hangovers!!!! :skull: