PDA

View Full Version : PIT BULL: how many times have ya seen this one...

carbonmarine
05-18-2005, 10:12 AM
By popular vote, these Pit bulls need to be neutered and barred from
from breeding and thus allowed to just fade away like an old general ...
__________________________________________________ ______________
Pit Bull Kills Toddler in West Virginia
May 18, 12:36 PM (ET)
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) - A pit bill that had once bitten a person fatally mauled a young girl before being subdued by firefighters using a fire extinguisher, officials said.
The girl, who was 2 or 3 years old, was pronounced dead at a hospital following the attack Tuesday at the dog owner's home, police Sgt. Dan Underwood said. Her name was not released.
"The girl, her mother and at least two other people were apparently hanging out on the house's porch," Underwood said. "The homeowner apparently told them all to stay out of the house where the dog was."
It was not known what provoked the dog.
Huntington firefighter Jason Price said the dog was wild-eyed and the hair on the back of its neck was raised, and that it rammed the door like a bull.
"Hollywood couldn't have made this dog look more evil," he said.
The pit bull's owner, who also was not identified, had posted several "beware of dog" signs and was keeping the dog inside the house because it had previously bitten another person, said Debbie Young, office manager for Huntington-Cabell-Wayne Animal Control.
"A lot of people are under the impression that once they put those warning signs, they are in the clear. ... They are responsible for that animal," Young said.
No charges have been filed, authorities said Wednesday.
Young said animal control officials will ask a judge to order that the dog be destroyed.

Sleek-Jet
05-18-2005, 10:15 AM
The pit bull's owner, who also was not identified, had posted several "beware of dog" signs and was keeping the dog inside the house because it had previously bitten another person, said Debbie Young, office manager for Huntington-Cabell-Wayne Animal Control.
"A lot of people are under the impression that once they put those warning signs, they are in the clear. ... They are responsible for that animal," Young said.
Yeah... blame the dog.

Mrs CP 19
05-18-2005, 10:19 AM
What a shame...but remember, it's the OWNER.. although I definately agree Pits do seem to have a propensity for attacking with no provocation. Weren't they bred this way originally, to use the strong jaw to kill?? Ive seen a few that were really sweet dogs, just don't quite trust them. Ill take my Golden's and Lab anyday! Even if they will open the door for a burgalar!!

syke-o
05-18-2005, 10:21 AM
They'er like all you drunk boater types on this site: these defective canines are a danger to us all.
what a jack ass statement.... :devil: :devil:
i do feel terrible about the toddler and would agree that the dog that bit needs to be put down, but you cant say we need to bar the continued breeding of this type of dog. anytime a ppit bull type dog does anything it is going to get alot of attention because of the stereotyping that is associated with the breed.
They'er like all you drunk boater types on this site: these defective canines are a danger to us all.
check out the following link
http://www.pitbullproblem.tk/

C-2
05-18-2005, 10:31 AM
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) - A pit bill that had once bitten a person fatally mauled a young girl before being subdued by firefighters using a fire extinguisher, officials said
Guess the dog has two strikes now....let's wait for a third.
Afterall, it's the owner - not the dog, right?

Aqua Boogie1
05-18-2005, 10:35 AM
I do agree the owner is responsible for the dogs actions, but that dog should have been put down after the first bite. Mines bit a kid and I had him put down, cause after that first one, there will be another. Mine was boxer/Pit mix. Now, the phrase "Kill all Pitbulls" is wrong cause there are a bunch of other breeds that bite or kill but don't get the coverage from the news. They just need the proper training and love that you would give any other dog. They were breed to fight, but don't have to be used that way. Bull dogs, english or american, staffenshire Terriers( pitbulls), sharpia(sp?), Akitas, Basenjis, etc. were breed for some hunting or fighting purpose. So get rid of the dog, or regulate the owner. Both are possible. Do one breed, do the rest, which is completely crazy..............................Just my .02

Phat Matt
05-18-2005, 10:37 AM
Pit Bulls make a good story line. If it was Lassie it wouldn't be in the news.

Aqua Boogie1
05-18-2005, 10:38 AM
Pit Bulls make a good story line. If it was Lassie it wouldn't be in the news.
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Brown
05-18-2005, 10:39 AM
Afterall, it's the owner - not the dog, right?
It's probably a sweet dog that is misunderstood.

C-2
05-18-2005, 10:43 AM
EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
A Chihuahahahahahahahahahahh killing somebody is a good storyline. A pit killing somebody is old news.

HammerDown
05-18-2005, 10:46 AM
Actually last week a group of little 4 year old's were riding their bikes in the driveway (just riding by)...they went past a neighbors very big Bit Bull that was on a leash that was looped over a fence post. The Dog went nuts :220v: broke loose and bit the kid on his ass and leg. I ran in my garage where I was standing and grabed a 14 lb sledge hammer ready to open that dogs F'ing head :mad: ...Luckly the dogs owner was there to get the dog off the little boy.

schiada96
05-18-2005, 10:47 AM
The breed needs to done away with.And before you guys jump on me I had one his name was Mister. Sweet dog around me just don't let him around anyone else or any animal. Put him down without a regret.

Phat Matt
05-18-2005, 10:49 AM
A Chihuahahahahahahahahahahh killing somebody is a good storyline. A pit killing somebody is old news.
Yo quiero bebé.

NOTALENT
05-18-2005, 10:50 AM
wow...thats harsh..I feel sorry for the family and little girl..but the owner did take precaution and kept the dog inside and posted signs. Someone posted here before the dog attack ratios...I believe it was the golden retrievers and black labs that had the most attacks..people just tend to point out the pitbulls because of there history and the way some owners raise them. Yes they do have Lock Jaw...once its locked..there aint no breaking it loose..no bat, kicking it in the nuts..or anything works..

Aqua Boogie1
05-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Well years ago, it was the Doberman Pinchers. Known for turning on thier owners and other people. I don't know..................I just don't agree with doing away with the breed. You do that, instead of drug dealers on the corner selling drugs, they'll be selling pit bulls too............................. :confused: Just me guys..............Im done.

Tom Brown
05-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Actually last week a group of little 4 year old's were riding their bikes in the driveway (just riding by)...they went past a neighbors very big Bit Bull that was on a leash that was looped over a fence post. The Dog went nuts :220v: broke loose and bit the kid on his ass and leg. I ran in my garage where I was standing and grabed a 14 lb sledge hammer ready to open that dogs F'ing head :mad: ...Luckly the dogs owner was there to get the dog off the little boy.
It's not just about controlling the dog so it doesn't hurt somebody. Why should the kids in the neighborhood be scared shitless of a mean dog? That's not right, IMO.
With some dogs it's pretty clear that, when the owner isn't around, the dog will try to hurt someone. It doesn't matter what breed it is, one mistake by the owner and someone gets clobbered.
I'm largely against litigation but I believe that if someone wants to take a chance on a mean dog because they think it's really a sweet dog that is misunderstood because of all the saliva spraying from it's teeth when it barks like a savage, the owner should have their balls sawed off in court when the forget to close the gate and the dog hurts someone. If there is no consequence, it comes down to the owner taking a chance with other people's safety with no risk to themselves. Fock that.

NOTALENT
05-18-2005, 10:56 AM
The breed needs to done away with
THATS BS!!! That would be comparable to Genocide!!! Horrible statement...red neg points! :yuk:

Phat Matt
05-18-2005, 10:56 AM
Although pit bull mixes and Rottweillers are most likely to kill and seriously maim, fatal attacks since 1975 have been attributed to dogs from at least 30 breeds.
The most horrifying example of the lack of breed predictibility is the October 2000 death of a 6-week-old baby, which was killed by her family's Pomeranian dog. The average weight of a Pomeranian is about 4 pounds, and they are not thought of as a dangerous breed. Note, however, that they were bred to be watchdogs! The baby's uncle left the infant and the dog on a bed while the uncle prepared her bottle in the kitchen. Upon his return, the dog was mauling the baby, who died shortly afterwards. ("Baby Girl Killed by Family Dog," Los Angeles Times, Monday, October 9, 2000, Home Edition, Metro Section, Page B-5.)
In all fairness, therefore, it must be noted that:
Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner most often is responsible -- not the breed, and not the dog.
An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be likely to bite. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.

Bre
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1543daisy_kitchen-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1543d_and_a-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1543andy_and_daisy-med.jpg
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/1543lola_and_kendall-med.jpg
Luv my pits. Sorry to hear of this happening.

C-2
05-18-2005, 11:02 AM
Although pit bull mixes and Rottweillers are most likely to kill and seriously maim, fatal attacks since 1975 have been attributed to dogs from at least 30 breeds.
The most horrifying example of the lack of breed predictibility is the October 2000 death of a 6-week-old baby, which was killed by her family's Pomeranian dog. The average weight of a Pomeranian is about 4 pounds, and they are not thought of as a dangerous breed. Note, however, that they were bred to be watchdogs! The baby's uncle left the infant and the dog on a bed while the uncle prepared her bottle in the kitchen. Upon his return, the dog was mauling the baby, who died shortly afterwards. ("Baby Girl Killed by Family Dog," Los Angeles Times, Monday, October 9, 2000, Home Edition, Metro Section, Page B-5.)
In all fairness, therefore, it must be noted that:
Any dog, treated harshly or trained to attack, may bite a person. Any dog can be turned into a dangerous dog. The owner most often is responsible -- not the breed, and not the dog.
An irresponsible owner or dog handler might create a situation that places another person in danger by a dog, without the dog itself being dangerous, as in the case of the Pomeranian that killed the infant (see above).
Any individual dog may be a good, loving pet, even though its breed is considered to be likely to bite. A responsible owner can win the love and respect of a dog, no matter its breed. One cannot look at an individual dog, recognize its breed, and then state whether or not it is going to attack.
step away from the google!

Phat Matt
05-18-2005, 11:03 AM
That's why they love people.

Phat Matt
05-18-2005, 11:04 AM
step away from the google!
Yahoo baby! :D

Tom Brown
05-18-2005, 11:04 AM
When a dog attacks someone, doesn't the owner get sued into the stone age?

C-2
05-18-2005, 11:08 AM
When a dog attacks someone, doesn't the owner get sued into the stone age?
Sued into reality I think....
Affirmative defense number one: Chico never mauled anybody before.

NOTALENT
05-18-2005, 11:10 AM
those are beautiful dogs....look at the happiness on there faces!!! and someone would want to destroy there race..geez.

Aqua Boogie1
05-18-2005, 11:13 AM
Had one named Pepper.............if you stomped your foot on the ground, he would take off running. Very timid but a beautiful brindle.

moneypit
05-18-2005, 11:14 AM
How many mis-treated poodles have mauled small children?

schiada96
05-18-2005, 11:15 AM
THATS BS!!! That would be comparable to Genocide!!! Horrible statement...red neg points! :yuk:
Why? It is a breed something man has made.Let me ask a question should we keep lions and tigers at home? Or should there be regulation on keeping them?This breed has killed people and alot of them were kids.Simple solution get rid of the problem.

C-2
05-18-2005, 11:18 AM
Bitten or mauled?
You're starting to sound like one of those SCOPE guys with all the poodle talk. :eek: :eek:

Phat Matt
05-18-2005, 11:19 AM
How about this. You gotta love the internet. :D
http://www.understand-a-bull.com/BSL/OtherBreedBites/2002/PoodleAttack.jpg

BrendellaJet
05-18-2005, 11:20 AM
Lots of mostly good info. Pits are like any other dog-if they are not properly socialized or trained, damge may be done. For me, Ill never own anything but a pit. Ive got two and they are the most lovable, enjoyable dogs Ive ever had. Very protective of the home, and great with kids and strangers outside of the home.

Sleek-Jet
05-18-2005, 11:21 AM
Standard Poodles are hunting dogs... they are big enough to put a hurt on someone.

HM
05-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Pitbulls are the flavor of the decade.
I remember back in the day when Dobermans, German Shepards, and Rotweilers were making headlines in the 1970' - 1980's.
We will probably see Jindos (Korean hunting dog) as the future headline dogs. Jindos can kick the shit out of pitbulls. But, they are already illegal...but that doesn't stop them. Don't don't be confused with the number 1 Korean dog called a Noo Rung Yee....these are bread to eat. Yum Yum. Jindos are big game hunting dogs that actually kill their prey for the hunter. How would you like to see one of these dogs get loose....they don't need to see anyone to want to kill it, it wants to kill period.

Aqua Boogie1
05-18-2005, 11:22 AM
Why? It is a breed something man has made.Let me ask a question should we keep lions and tigers at home? Or should there be regulation on keeping them?This breed has killed people and alot of them were kids.Simple solution get rid of the problem.
Shiada96, I do believe in regulations. In the city of Oakland, you have to have the city certify your area that you are going to use to house the dog. This goes for Pits, Rotties and other dogs listed for the city. The bad part is that if people don't call, what good is the regulation???? Now if you get caught with the dog w/o the cert from the city, you lose the animal. First hand experience, lost two rotties that way................... :frown:

C-2
05-18-2005, 11:25 AM
Standard Poodles are hunting dogs... they are big enough to put a hurt on someone.
Wouldn't it be cool to go into the hood and see a vato, shave head, long shorts, white tank, being drug around by a standard Poodle instead of a pit or rott! Only in a prefect world....
:rollside: :smile: :rollside:

Sleek-Jet
05-18-2005, 11:26 AM
Wouldn't it be cool to go into the hood and see a vato, shave head, long shorts, white tank, being drug around by a standard Poodle instead of a pit or rott! Only in a prefect world....
:rollside: :smile: :rollside:
LOL... I heard that pink is becoming the color of thug... poodles can only be next. :messedup: :D

NOTALENT
05-18-2005, 11:26 AM
wow...thats ignorant...watch the video that Syke-o Posted...and read..do research...this post makes me speechless amongst all the dog attacks each year..pits are not #1 so we should probably destry all "labs" "dobermans" etc as well..!! it is gods creature! unfortunatley alot of humans raise them the wrong way, and use them for the wrong reasons. Look @ the pics bre posted...u would honestly want to put that dog down???

HM
05-18-2005, 11:27 AM
The press has hyped this beyond reality. Tell me, statistically, how this breed is worse than any other breed? What breed has killed the most adults....the most children...and etc? Do you know which animal bites the most and where it bites and what it bites (adult or children)?
Provide some actual data to support you belief that the breed should be ended. And by the way. 99.9% of all breeds are man made...so that argument is invalid.

C-2
05-18-2005, 11:33 AM
wow...thats ignorant...watch the video that Syke-o Posted...and read..do research...this post makes me speechless amongst all the dog attacks each year..pits are not #1 so we should probably destry all "labs" "dobermans" etc as well..!! it is gods creature! unfortunatley alot of humans raise them the wrong way, and use them for the wrong reasons. Look @ the pics bre posted...u would honestly want to put that dog down???
Statistics from the net are about as reliable as this website (both pro and con). Period.

riverbound
05-18-2005, 11:38 AM
Yep..... And loud boats should be banned from the marina.
Are you kidding me??? It is NOT the animal that is the problem it is the way they are raised. I have known more people that have been attacked by non-agressive breeds than by agressive breeds. Forsome reason "child mauled by Golden retriever" doesnt sell as well as "child mauled by Pit bull"
I have raised many pits and rotties and not one of my Dogs has ever been a violent dog. My two ritties that I have right now are the sweetest dogs I have ever had. They only look mean.

Bre
05-18-2005, 11:45 AM
Say it isn't true :jawdrop:
Dog Attacks
$100,000 verdict for 8 year old child mauled by an Akita.
$100,000 settlement for a 3 year old child attacked by a Golden Retriever
found on http://jacquart-lowe.com/CM/Custom/TOCCases.asp ;)

Bre
05-18-2005, 11:47 AM
:supp:
12-year-old boy, Jarrod Dwyer, was mauled to death by his brother's Bull Mastiff-Great Dane cross in an outer-western Melbourne suburb.
The family arrived home to find Jarrod injured in the backyard but he died at the scene from blood loss and "extensive injuries to his face and head".
A detective who arrived at the scene attempted to go to the boy's assistance and the dog attacked him.
He fired two shots at the dog before it fled. It was later destroyed at the family's request.
Apparently this was not the dog's first attack on a child.
This attack is a tragedy in so many ways. For those of us who own pets, the thought of a dog attacking and killing one of its own family is worrisome. Will our own dogs do the same? Are our children and family at risk?
This attack is certainly the exception and not the rule. Dog owners who are sensible about the manner in which they manage interactions between their dogs and their children should have no problems but if there are warning signs from your dog such as barking, yapping or mouthing when it is playing - please don't ignore them.
It worries me the risks that some people take. On air once, a caller asked me an amazing question "My Saint Bernard cross is mouthing my two year old son's shoulder and head when they play. Should I be worried?"
The dog weighed 80 kilograms, the lad 15 kilograms. I'm sure I don't need to emphasise the risk.
The tragedy involving Jarrod was unusual because Jarrod was no infant. He was a 12-year-old boy and, from the photos, a robust and healthy twelve year old too. We may never know what happened but something has gone awfully wrong.
Children are extremely vulnerable to dog attacks because they are often of similar height to the dog. It is not surprising, therefore, that research at the Royal Children's Hospital in Brisbane has shown that the face and head are the commonest sites of bite wounds in children and, where the face is bitten, the lips and nose are more often affected. Three quarters of dog attacks in children occur in boys, and toddlers of about two to three years of age and also children at about 10 years of age are more likely to be attacked. More bites occur on the weekends and one in seventeen cases require admission to a hospital.

Aqua Boogie1
05-18-2005, 11:50 AM
Say it isn't true :jawdrop:
Dog Attacks
$100,000 verdict for 8 year old child mauled by an Akita.
$100,000 settlement for a 3 year old child attacked by a Golden Retriever
found on http://jacquart-lowe.com/CM/Custom/TOCCases.asp ;)
WOW Bre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mean its not a PIT BULL!!!!

Tom Brown
05-18-2005, 11:54 AM
I'm going to defuse nuclear bombs in my garage. I hope I don't make a mistake and kill everyone in the city but it's a chance I'm prepared to take.

HM
05-18-2005, 11:56 AM
I'm going to defuse nuclear bombs in my garage. I hope I don't make a mistake and kill everyone in the city but it's a chance I'm prepared to take.
Anything is better than your bran diet.

Bre
05-18-2005, 12:00 PM
WOW Bre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You mean its not a PIT BULL!!!!
nope :wink:
Dog owners need to step up and take care of their dogs and love them.

C-2
05-18-2005, 12:01 PM
:supp:
12-year-old boy, Jarrod Dwyer, was mauled to death by his brother's Bull Mastiff-Great Dane cross in an outer-western Melbourne suburb.
Now that's a dog. Damn scary one. :eek: :eek:
Nothing like a little cross-breeding to keep things interesting.

HM
05-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Michigan and Pennsylvania restricts breed profiling, and a bill in the Washington state House of Representatives seeks to prevent insurers from banning breeds as well.
Also, gender of the dog, neutering(or lack of), and restrained dogs play more of a role in killings than actual breed as represented by the laws being changed in states to restrict breed profiling.

egg beater
05-18-2005, 01:07 PM
Well years ago, it was the Doberman Pinchers. Known for turning on thier owners and other people. I don't know..................I just don't agree with doing away with the breed. You do that, instead of drug dealers on the corner selling drugs, they'll be selling pit bulls too............................. :confused: Just me guys..............Im done.
I was chased by a pincher at a young age - I made in to a car via the window -- I was safe - except i pissed my pants ----- dam what a rush

Ducatista
05-18-2005, 01:16 PM
In the winter season you will often find a Rott, Shar Pei, and Bull Terrier in our boat...talk about gettin the look from some people as we cruise by. They make terrible boating dogs, hog the seats, and are just plain evil...I say kill them all! :D :D :D :D
Just look at these bad dogs!...http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/886Dcam0012.jpg
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/886Dcam0003.jpg
Our next ones gunna be a Cane Corso! :devil:
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/886LaFaccia_di_Bravo_1_.jpg

moneypit
05-18-2005, 01:34 PM
FOCK. I make a poodle joke. Go to lunch, gym. Then I come back and sse that those poodles kick ass 2... :D :D
Actually I beleive that it has to do with the owner and breeders.
. :sqeyes:

HP350SC
05-18-2005, 01:37 PM
At my old house, the neighbor had a pit bull that scared the shiit out of me. I had a small shop in the backyard and the door was right next to the 4' chain link fence. His dog would go ape shit and I'm sure could have easily scaled the fence. I kept a bat handy right there, probably wouldn't have done any good but I felt better. Here's an interesting read that dispels several myths like locking jaw etc.....
http://www.pethelp.net/pits.html

Rexone
05-18-2005, 01:45 PM
I'm going to take a break and relieve myself in the bathroom. I hope I don't make a mistake and kill everyone in the city by lighting a match, but it's a chance I'm prepared to take.
I knew there was a reason I'm glad I don't live in Regina. :jawdrop:

lucky
05-18-2005, 01:59 PM
I knew there was a reason I'm glad I don't live in Regina. :jawdrop:
can you send him a flyer on power silencers -- and maybe some bubble wrap

riverbound
05-18-2005, 02:00 PM
My dog is a real killer...if you are a boat wake or splashing water
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4852riverpics_027-med.jpg
and this one is even worse.... look at them on the prowl just waiting for their next victim.. the poor water never had achance
http://www.hotboatpics.com/pics/data/500/4852riverpics_026-med.jpg
The most vicious dog I ever owned was a wiener dog. those mother fockers are vicious and have no fear. We should vote to kill all of them too.

lucky
05-18-2005, 02:04 PM
87 year old ladies leg had to be amputated due to horific leg humping by pet poddle

1stepcloser
05-18-2005, 02:05 PM
The most vicious dog I ever owned was a wiener dog.
Huh-huh you said "weiner" Huh-huh-huh.

Indiansprings
05-18-2005, 02:14 PM
Pits are very good stable dogs. Humans do more harm to children than any pit will do. As with any dog, you must watch for any aggression, and do what must be done. If it must be put down, do it. :devil:

syke-o
05-18-2005, 02:18 PM
here is my "killer" staffordshire bull terrier... scary huh...
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/197197DCP_0950-med.jpg

kburn
05-18-2005, 02:42 PM
OMG, that poor child! :p
So how do you guys feel about the thousands of people who die from drunk driving? Should we ban all alchohol and cars? :idea:
What about guns? Should we ban guns because they are dangerous? It's not the persons fault for aiming and shooting it! It's the gun manufacturers fault.
I love my Pit, she is the most gentle and affectionate dog, can't say the same for my "wiener" dog, he will bite your damn hand off if you trespass in HIS territory (under the bed) ;)
Kevin

Tom Brown
05-18-2005, 02:44 PM
So how do you guys feel about the thousands of people who die from drunk driving? Should we ban all alchohol and cars? :idea:
Drunk driving is banned. Perhaps you should choose another analogy. :D

lucky
05-18-2005, 02:44 PM
yea kinda :D

NOTALENT
05-18-2005, 02:46 PM
haha..yeah.the big ol smile looks vicous! :D
nice pic by the way.

Krazy K
05-18-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah, let's get rid of a breed of dog because everyone is scared of it. While we are at it, why don't we get rid of all the illegal mexicans out of the USA! Let's get rid of all the guns! They kill people, oh my god! And let's get rid of motorcycles, because you could lay it down and seriously injure yourself!!! Why don't we just lock ourselves up in a box so nothing will happen to us???
Animals are raised by humans. Humans dictate how they are raised. If you raise them mean, they will be mean. If you raise therm with love, they will give love. Any animal will bite if provoked.
Black Labs statistically bite more people than Pits. Do you see news about that? No. Because people don't fight Labs.
My rant is over. Back to our regular scheduled thread....
BTW, Tom Brown.....you are MIA over at classicglastron. I let them know where you linger now.

kburn
05-18-2005, 03:29 PM
No, I think my analogy is right on. Just because drunk driving is illegal doesn't keep it from happening and thousands are dead, if you got rid of cars or alchohol then you couldn't drink and drive, right? If people were up in arms about drinking and driving as they are against pit bulls then we would be able to save lives, but getting rid of a breed of dog wouldn't save any lives, because there are other types of dogs that would fill the void and could be trained to be just as mean as pits. My 5 year old sister had part of her face ripped off by a chow and it was the owners fault for teaching it to hate strangers. They had strangers go out to its cage and yell at it while shaking and kicking the cage.
BTW I'm not inocent of DD but there are alot of deaths associated to it. I am definately more mature now and I hate it when I see a totally drunk boater acting a fool and being dangerous.
Kevin
Why don't we do a poll on how many injuries we have witnessed involving boats and dogs? and then come to a conclusion of what is dangerous.
I have seen two injuries from dogs and six injuries from boats including a fatality involving a jet ski.

repo man
05-18-2005, 05:23 PM
i love pits they are the best breed of dog period. they don't bite any more than any other breed. the problem is they are 100X better at it. they inflict massive amounts of damage in a few seconds. i have a neopolitan/french mastiff bitch that is 100 times as agressive as my pits. but mastiffs don't ever make the paper because the use them in all the qutesy kid movies and we wouldn't want to ruin hollywoods stereotype .

HM
05-18-2005, 05:25 PM
i love pits they are the best breed of dog period. they don't bite any more than any other breed. the problem is they are 100X better at it. they inflict massive amounts of damage in a few seconds. i have a neopolitan/french mastiff bitch that is 100 times as agressive as my pits. but mastiffs don't ever make the paper because the use them in all the qutesy kid movies and we wouldn't want to ruin hollywoods stereotype .
When is that bitch gonna produce pups? I am waiting, ya' know!
Yup...Mastiff pitbull mix. I am tired of trapping the cats. :rollside:

malcolm
05-18-2005, 05:57 PM
The thing I hate is all these unknowing dog owners (all breeds) that say, "My dog wouldn't hurt a fly!" Then 5 minutes later you're running for your life. :supp:

Nord
05-18-2005, 07:00 PM
I must say that I am a wall walker on this topic. I do know two people that had excellent pit bull's such as Bre's. They were very loving dog's and were raised with a lot of love and were the type of dogs that always good and loving. Both of them snapped! One of them was owned by a girl who works at a animal clinic! When I say snapped....this is the only word that explains what happened.
Needless to say, it is very sad to have to destroy a dog.
I had a Doberman that was a very very good dog. Very good with kids and the whole nine. My Niece, who was his play buddy since she was a baby, tripped and fell on him and he almost killed her.
This is why I am a wall walker and would never own one of these types of dogs again.
Only because I don't want to even take a chance :frown: :frown:

Perfect Mixer
05-18-2005, 08:54 PM
Yeah... blame the dog.
But you don't see this kind of story about a Labrador do you?

mororless
05-18-2005, 09:24 PM
Gotta throw in my .02..I read electric meters for 12 years from Beaumont to Rialto. Grand Terrace to Victorville. I have been attacked by almost every breed of dog from Taco Bell dog to Great Danes and 1 Bull Mastiff. The one dog that all ways scared the $hit of me was the Pits. The only reason was that I could not hurt them to stop an attack. Hit most dogs hard enough or in the right spot and it will yelp and run. But the attacks by the pits were scary. Got chased into a yard by one. It was trying to come over the fence and I cracked my dog stick over his huge head and nothing not a yelp, whimper or even a head shake. Don’t get rid of the dog just make sure that the owners are help reasonable for what they have/breed. And if it bites or mauls outside of a defensive situation then maybe time to put it down.
Sorry for the long post.

Mrs CP 19
05-18-2005, 09:25 PM
Here is a list taken from our Homeowners insurance policy. As of 4/19/2005..
Liability coverage for dogs..The amendatory endorsement excludes liability coverage for losses that arise out of the ownership of, custody of, or care for the following pure or mixed breed dogs.
1. Pit Bull ( also known as American Pit Bull terrier, an American Staffordshire terrier or a Staffordshire Bull Terrior.
2. Rottwieler
3. Bernese ( (also known as a Bernese Mountain dog, a Berner Sennenhund or Bernese Cattle dog)
4. Akita (also known as Japanese Akita or Akita Inu)
5. Canary Dog (also known as Presa Canario or Perro de Presa Canario)
6. Chow Chow
7. Doberman
8. American Huskey, Eskimo Dog or Greenland Dog
9. Karelian Bear Dog
10. Rhodesian Ridgeback
or
11. Russo-European Laika (also known as a Russian Laika or Karelian Bear Laika}
I doubt the list just came out of someone's head. I imagine my insurer (AAA) has facts and statistics and prior claims to include these breeds in the liability exclusion list.

Coleitis22
05-18-2005, 09:30 PM
__________________________________________________ ______________
Pit Bull Kills Toddler in West Virginia
May 18, 12:36 PM (ET)
HUNTINGTON, W.Va. (AP) - A pit bill that had once bitten a person fatally mauled a young girl before being subdued by firefighters using a fire extinguisher, officials said.
The girl, who was 2 or 3 years old, was pronounced dead at a hospital following the attack Tuesday at the dog owner's home, police Sgt. Dan Underwood said. Her name was not released.
"The girl, her mother and at least two other people were apparently hanging out on the house's porch," Underwood said. "The homeowner apparently told them all to stay out of the house where the dog was."
It was not known what provoked the dog.
Huntington firefighter Jason Price said the dog was wild-eyed and the hair on the back of its neck was raised, and that it rammed the door like a bull.
"Hollywood couldn't have made this dog look more evil," he said.
No charges have been filed, authorities said Wednesday.
Young said animal control officials will ask a judge to order that the dog be destroyed.
Pit Bull owners need to be neutered or shot. It is not the Dog. Look at LA, Frickin IllegaLS ARE STEALING DOGS TO TRAIN FIGHTING PIT BULLS. lET'S SHOOT THESE JERKS AT THE BORDER .

bigq
05-18-2005, 09:55 PM
I must say that I am a wall walker on this topic. I do know two people that had excellent pit bull's such as Bre's. They were very loving dog's and were raised with a lot of love and were the type of dogs that always good and loving. Both of them snapped! One of them was owned by a girl who works at a animal clinic! When I say snapped....this is the only word that explains what happened.
Needless to say, it is very sad to have to destroy a dog.
I had a Doberman that was a very very good dog. Very good with kids and the whole nine. My Niece, who was his play buddy since she was a baby, tripped and fell on him and he almost killed her.
This is why I am a wall walker and would never own one of these types of dogs again.
Only because I don't want to even take a chance :frown: :frown:
This I think says it all. I think people forget they are still animals. Hopefully people know there dogs as well as possible. I had two Akitas, a male and a female. Both were raised the same by me and the male at around 125 pounds was very standoff to others. Needless to say I would never trust him to be around any kids or adults without me around. One of the things that makes the pit so deadly in attacks is the preasure of the jaw. Like my Akitas they have a short snout and can apply an extreame amount of preasure compared to a German Shepard.
BTW all the poodles I have met are mean little fockers
:skull:
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the American Veterinary Medical Association:
* Every 40 seconds someone in the United States seeks medical attention for a dog bite-related injury.
* Dog attacks cause 4.5 million injuries annually, 800,000 of which require medical attention.
* At least 25 different breeds of dogs have been involved in the 238 dog bite-related fatalities in the United States.
* Pit bulls and rottweilers account for over half of these deaths.
* 24% of human deaths involve unrestrained dogs off of their owners' property.
* 58% of human deaths involved unrestrained dogs on their owners' property.

Mrs CP 19
05-18-2005, 10:00 PM
"FATAL DOG ATTACKS"
The Stories Behind the Statistics
by Karen Delise
THE STATISTICS - FATAL DOG ATTACKS IN THE U.S. FROM 1965 - 2001 *
The study covers 431 documented human fatalities from a dog attack.
Location of Attack
25% of all fatal attacks were inflicted by chained dogs
25% resulted from dogs loose in their yard
23% occurred inside the home
17% resulted from attacks by dogs roaming off their property
10% involved leashed dogs or miscellaneous circumstances
Number of Dogs
68% of all fatal attacks were inflicted by a single dog
32% was the result of a multiple dog attack
Victim Profile
79% of all fatal attacks were on children under the age of 12
12% of the victims were the elderly, aged 65 - 94
9% of the victims were 13 - 64 years old
The age group with the highest number of fatalities were children under the age of 1 year old; accounting for 19% of the deaths due to dog attack. Over 95% of these fatalities occurred when an infant was left unsupervised with a dog(s).
The age group with the second-highest number of fatalities were 2-year-olds; accounting for 11% of the fatalities due to dog attack. Over 87% of these fatalities occurred when the 2-year-old child was left unsupervised with a dog(s) or the child wandered off to the location of the dog(s).
Boys aged 1 - 12 years old were 2.5 times more likely to be the victim of a fatal dog attack than girls of the same age.
Breeds Involved
Pit Bull and Pit-bull-type dogs (21%), Mixed breed dogs (16%),
Rottweilers (13%), German Shepherd Dogs (9%), Wolf Dogs (5%),
Siberian Huskies (5%), Malamutes (4%), Great Danes (3%),
St. Bernards (3%), Chow Chows (3%), Doberman Pinschers (3%),
other breeds & non-specified breeds (15%).
Reproductive Status of Dogs
Overwhelmingly, the dogs involved in fatal dog attacks were unaltered males.
From 2000-2001 there were 41 fatal dog attacks. Of these, 28 were attacks by a single dog and 13 fatalities were caused by multiple dogs.
Of the 28 single dogs responsible for a fatal attack between 2000-2001;
26 were males and 2 were females. Of the 26 males, 21 were found to be intact (the reproductive status of the remaining 5 males dogs could not be determined).
States with the Most Fatalities - 1965-2001
California, 47; Texas, 32; Alaska, 26; Florida, 22; New York, 19; Michigan, 18; Illinois, 18; North Carolina, 17; Georgia, 16.
While at times informative, statistics on fatal dog attacks can also be misleading. For example, a number of cases were a Pit Bull, Rottweiler or GSD were counted as causing a human fatality were in reality the direct result of gross human negligence or criminal intent (i.e. discarding a newborn in the yard where the dogs were kept, or cases of extremely emaciated animals, or cases were the dog was ordered or encouraged to attack the victim).
This study was conducted not to determine which breeds of dogs caused fatalities, but rather to examine the circumstances and events that precipitated an attack. Knowing how many Pit Bulls or Rottweilers caused a human fatality has little applicable value, only when examining each case individually can we hope to gain insight into the HUMAN and CANINE behaviors that contributed to these tragic events.
The preceding information and statistics are excerpts from the book:
I still cant find anything about maulings by Labs or Goldens? Would like to see the info.

sorry dog
05-18-2005, 11:00 PM
Any dog will bite, but some cause a lot more damage than others.
My Pyr likes to jump other dogs for a show of dominance. She beats on the Rott/Lab mix at least once a day, but it's not to inflict damage- only a bully sort of thing. She is totally sweet to people, but I still have to be careful because most folks don't know that.
Friend has a chow mix that when it gets going it don't let up until strong persuasion to quit is applied.

sorry dog
05-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Drunk driving is banned. Perhaps you should choose another analogy. :D
We should ban cars.
...does that work?

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 05:30 AM
"FATAL DOG ATTACKS"
The Stories Behind the Statistics
by Karen Delise
THE STATISTICS - FATAL DOG ATTACKS IN THE U.S. FROM 1965 - 2001 *
The study covers 431 documented human fatalities from a dog attack.
Location of Attack
25% of all fatal attacks were inflicted by chained dogs
25% resulted from dogs loose in their yard
23% occurred inside the home
17% resulted from attacks by dogs roaming off their property
10% involved leashed dogs or miscellaneous circumstances
Number of Dogs
68% of all fatal attacks were inflicted by a single dog
32% was the result of a multiple dog attack
Victim Profile
79% of all fatal attacks were on children under the age of 12
12% of the victims were the elderly, aged 65 - 94
9% of the victims were 13 - 64 years old
The age group with the highest number of fatalities were children under the age of 1 year old; accounting for 19% of the deaths due to dog attack. Over 95% of these fatalities occurred when an infant was left unsupervised with a dog(s).
The age group with the second-highest number of fatalities were 2-year-olds; accounting for 11% of the fatalities due to dog attack. Over 87% of these fatalities occurred when the 2-year-old child was left unsupervised with a dog(s) or the child wandered off to the location of the dog(s).
Boys aged 1 - 12 years old were 2.5 times more likely to be the victim of a fatal dog attack than girls of the same age.
Breeds Involved
Pit Bull and Pit-bull-type dogs (21%), Mixed breed dogs (16%),
Rottweilers (13%), German Shepherd Dogs (9%), Wolf Dogs (5%),
Siberian Huskies (5%), Malamutes (4%), Great Danes (3%),
St. Bernards (3%), Chow Chows (3%), Doberman Pinschers (3%),
other breeds & non-specified breeds (15%).
Reproductive Status of Dogs
Overwhelmingly, the dogs involved in fatal dog attacks were unaltered males.
From 2000-2001 there were 41 fatal dog attacks. Of these, 28 were attacks by a single dog and 13 fatalities were caused by multiple dogs.
Of the 28 single dogs responsible for a fatal attack between 2000-2001;
26 were males and 2 were females. Of the 26 males, 21 were found to be intact (the reproductive status of the remaining 5 males dogs could not be determined).
States with the Most Fatalities - 1965-2001
California, 47; Texas, 32; Alaska, 26; Florida, 22; New York, 19; Michigan, 18; Illinois, 18; North Carolina, 17; Georgia, 16.
While at times informative, statistics on fatal dog attacks can also be misleading. For example, a number of cases were a Pit Bull, Rottweiler or GSD were counted as causing a human fatality were in reality the direct result of gross human negligence or criminal intent (i.e. discarding a newborn in the yard where the dogs were kept, or cases of extremely emaciated animals, or cases were the dog was ordered or encouraged to attack the victim).
This study was conducted not to determine which breeds of dogs caused fatalities, but rather to examine the circumstances and events that precipitated an attack. Knowing how many Pit Bulls or Rottweilers caused a human fatality has little applicable value, only when examining each case individually can we hope to gain insight into the HUMAN and CANINE behaviors that contributed to these tragic events.
The preceding information and statistics are excerpts from the book:
I still cant find anything about maulings by Labs or Goldens? Would like to see the info.
I ran across this as well...but didnt really help for this discussion because of the fact that the pit bulls attack is much more dangerous and viciousthan a labs would be. you can kick a lab in the nuts when it happens and he will run..but once that pits jaws locked...to bad...so sorry..also this is for FATAL attacks..if u check for attacks in general the numbers change dramatically.

Wild Horses
05-19-2005, 05:49 AM
I ran across this as well...but didnt really help for this discussion because of the fact that the pit bulls attack is much more dangerous and viciousthan a labs would be. you can kick a lab in the nuts when it happens and he will run..but once that pits jaws locked...to bad...so sorry..also this is for FATAL attacks..if u check for attacks in general the numbers change dramatically.
This applies exactly, This thread started with a death by mauling not a bite with a simple punture wound. Gotta keep things in perspective.
Clint

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 06:04 AM
Clint[/QUOTE]
This applies exactly, This thread started with a death by mauling not a bite with a simple punture wound. Gotta keep things in perspective.
Clint
your right..I just did not word that last statement correctly. I had a feeling someone would get me on it. :yuk: the topic has turned into several different topics..Im mainly basing it on the fact that one homo wants to pull a genocide on Pits, and the debate on the most viscous dogs..which this doesnt prove.

Wild Horses
05-19-2005, 06:06 AM
Alright I will go with that. :D
Clint

Mrs CP 19
05-19-2005, 07:15 AM
How about, ANY dog who has shown aggression towards people wears a muzzle when in any situation that warrents it. Seems like an easy solution, once again it is the owners responsibility. Some dogs are just very territorial , not necessarily mean. I am hesitant around some of the dogs listed, but a look at the owners control usually gives me a hint!! I cared for a friends dog for a while, and she just couldnt leave the chickens alone. Lost 2 before I bought a muzzle, and put it on everytime she went out. No more problem.
One more thing, if you are not breeding, FIX YOUR MALE DOG. They are much healthier in the long run and avoid conditions that may otherwise get!! Geez, now I sound like Bob Barber...spay and nueter your pet!!! I guess these ideas only work with responsible pet owners.

FlatUgly
05-19-2005, 07:17 AM
So has anyone mentioned what they were breed for originally in england uhh Childrens Dogs. I think this whole issue is like people and guns guns dont kill people people kill people, just like dogs with bad owners. Im so sick of people attacting me and my dog just becuase of his breed. Its like saying theres a more dangerous race of people theres not its crap. Find something else to bitch about like drunk driving on our waterways!!!

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 07:26 AM
How about, ANY dog who has shown aggression towards people wears a muzzle when in any situation that warrents it. Seems like an easy solution, once again it is the owners responsibility. Some dogs are just very territorial , not necessarily mean. I am hesitant around some of the dogs listed, but a look at the owners control usually gives me a hint!! I cared for a friends dog for a while, and she just couldnt leave the chickens alone. Lost 2 before I bought a muzzle, and put it on everytime she went out. No more problem.
One more thing, if you are not breeding, FIX YOUR MALE DOG. They are much healthier in the long run and avoid conditions that may otherwise get!! Geez, now I sound like Bob Barber...spay and nueter your pet!!! I guess these ideas only work with responsible pet owners.
wow..typical woman!! :hammerhea Chop the mans balls off to take control.. :D I can see no good out of that..I have seen that scar a dog for life..I dont believe in that..but thats just me..who are we to take away there dignity?? The muzzle idea would be great only if we knew everyone would abide by it. The best thing to do is just be aware and very cautious..its one of those things that wont change..IMO
So has anyone mentioned what they were breed for originally in england uhh Childrens Dogs
Really...I never knew that..I thought they were breeded for fighting dogs???

Mrs CP 19
05-19-2005, 07:30 AM
I am sorry if I insultated anyone with a Pit, I personally have had no bad experience. I was just trying to get some info about dog stats on viciousness. I DO have something against people who want thier dogs to be fighters. Nothing breed specific. Pits were not however bred to be a childrens dog. Or not that I have found anywhere.
It has come as a shock to many people in the UK that there are thousands of individuals who want to own a fighting dog. Furthermore, it is now clear that some breeders have spent years trying to develop animals with powerful vice-like jaw muscles, a larger head, superior blood clotting ability, great agility and an exceptional eagerness to fight. The story started in the early part of the 19th Century, when the Bulldog was bred in England for the purpose of bull baiting.

syke-o
05-19-2005, 07:38 AM
I am sorry if I insultated anyone with a Pit, I personally have had no bad experience. I was just trying to get some info about dog stats on viciousness. I DO have something against people who want thier dogs to be fighters. Nothing breed specific. Pits were not however bred to be a childrens dog. Or not that I have found anywhere.It has come as a shock to many people in the UK that there are thousands of individuals who want to own a fighting dog. Furthermore, it is now clear that some breeders have spent years trying to develop animals with powerful vice-like jaw muscles, a larger head, superior blood clotting ability, great agility and an exceptional eagerness to fight. The story started in the early part of the 19th Century, when the Bulldog was bred in England for the purpose of bull baiting.
How are Staffordshire Bull Terriers with children?
The Stafford is known by the affectionate nickname, "The Children's Nursemaid" or "The Nanny Dog." Their tolerance of, and affection for, children is well known
and what kind of dog do you think was on The Little Rascals???

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 07:43 AM
I am sorry if I insultated anyone with a Pit, I personally have had no bad experience. I was just trying to get some info about dog stats on viciousness. I DO have something against people who want thier dogs to be fighters. Nothing breed specific. Pits were not however bred to be a childrens dog. Or not that I have found anywhere.
It has come as a shock to many people in the UK that there are thousands of individuals who want to own a fighting dog. Furthermore, it is now clear that some breeders have spent years trying to develop animals with powerful vice-like jaw muscles, a larger head, superior blood clotting ability, great agility and an exceptional eagerness to fight. The story started in the early part of the 19th Century, when the Bulldog was bred in England for the purpose of bull baiting.
you havent insulted anyone...its a discussion forum..everyone has a right to there own opinion..I found a really informative site that tells alot of info..they were bread for fight originally in a way..."Pitbull Dogs were bred for fighting! To deny that fact of their ancestry would be naive. Traces of that behavior will be present in some pitbull dogs today. I'm not saying that all or most pit bulls are dangerous or vicious, that would be an equally naive and incorrect statement. What I am saying is that in order to train any dog, you need to understand the inherited particulars of the breed. Pit bulls just like any other breed, will become what their breeding, socialization, and "Training" allow them to become. Daniel Stevens is the author of the online best seller
"Powerful Secrets that will TRANSFORM Your Dog's Behavior"
stresses the importance getting your dog to understand why your correcting him, and what behavior will please you. This will remove your dogs frustration and rapidly increase the speed of your dog's learning curve. All good dogs want to please their Alpha pack leaders, (That's You). For pit bull terriers, dedication to their owners is a trait of the breed. This can lead to over protectiveness as well. So proper training is a must for getting the most out of your relationship with your doggie. The problems associated with pitbull dogs, are brought about by dogs that have been poorly bred, or bred to be aggressive. A well bred pitbull dog, bred for temperament and given the proper training, can make an excellent family oriented pet.
www.everything-pitbulls.com

C-2
05-19-2005, 07:46 AM
I think breeding is the deciding factor on a good dog vs bad dog. If you get a dog that was bred to fight, I don’t care how many kisses or hugs you give it – the thing will still be unstable. If on the other hand, you get a purebred sans the interbreeding/mixing, they are cool dogs.
I’ve had many dogs (ranging from Schipperke to Mastiff) including two pits. They were bred to fight and after years of owning them, had to put them both down.
And it’s an instinctive choke-bite that when inflicted by the dog, usually ends up with dire consequences. Big difference between a dog bite (labs, shepherds) and a pit bull mauling. I bet few, few people on this thread have witnessed a pit clamping down with a choke bite.
It’s the homies in the hood that screw the breed up.

syke-o
05-19-2005, 07:53 AM
I think breeding is the deciding factor on a good dog vs bad dog. If you get a dog that was bred to fight, I don’t care how many kisses or hugs you give it – the thing will still be unstable. If on the other hand, you get a purebred sans the interbreeding/mixing, they are cool dogs.
I’ve had many dogs (ranging from Schipperke to Mastiff) including two pits. They were bred to fight and after years of owning them, had to put them both down.
And it’s an instinctive choke-bite that when inflicted by the dog, usually ends up with dire consequences. Big difference between a dog bite (labs, shepherds) and a pit bull mauling. I bet few, few people on this thread have witnessed a pit clamping down with a choke bite.
great post... i researched the dog for many months before deciding to get one, i then researched breeders in the area, and finally found a good one, and paid alot of money for my dog(that came with all the papers and the breed history), i then went with the dog and my wife to puppy school, and then went to the dog park at least 2-3 times a week for its first year, and then it tapered off after we had our first child....
so breeding is as important as setting the dog up for successs by taking the right steps as an owner to train it and socialize it at an early age....

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 07:53 AM
Soooo...true..when I lived in La Puente...I knew people who trained there pits to fight!! one particular one's name was STONE. The biggest chest on a pit I have ever seen..He was nice to those he knew..and were nice but very well trained and quick temper..he finally turned on his owner because he use to beat the dog to make him mean!!! and STONE got him good..we were in SUNSHINE park one day and they saw a stray pit go behind a bush...the guy just said "getem stone" and he went back there..and well we just heard alot of yelping and stone come out! Horrible! The first dog fight I saw...I wanted to shoot the focking owners!! Sadest thing I have seen...

Tom Brown
05-19-2005, 07:57 AM
..but once that pits jaws locked...to bad...so sorry..also this is for FATAL attacks..if u check for attacks in general the numbers change dramatically.
What about dogs with broken jaws? You didn't mention that. ... so sorry, you're post is meaningless because a dog with a broken jaw is less likely to be able to grab and hold it's victim in an attack, as well as less likely to be able to control saliva in general.

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 08:01 AM
What about dogs with broken jaws? You didn't mention that. ... so sorry, you're post is meaningless because a dog with a broken jaw is less likely to be able to grab and hold it's victim in an attack, as well as less likely to be able to control saliva in general.
:confused:
I think u started on the old whiskey a little early tom :hammerhea

bigq
05-19-2005, 08:15 AM
So has anyone mentioned what they were breed for originally in england uhh Childrens Dogs. I think this whole issue is like people and guns guns dont kill people people kill people, just like dogs with bad owners. Im so sick of people attacting me and my dog just becuase of his breed. Its like saying theres a more dangerous race of people theres not its crap. Find something else to bitch about like drunk driving on our waterways!!!
You can't compare a gun to a dog
:hammerhea a dog can have a mind of its own and attack without the help of it's owner. It's hard for a gun to kill someone without human intervention. :rolleyes:

Krazy K
05-19-2005, 10:04 AM
"""I can see no good out of that..I have seen that scar a dog for life..I dont believe in that..but thats just me..who are we to take away there dignity??"""
Yeah, tell that to the millions of dogs that are "put to sleep" because there are not enough homes for them, because of people not spaying/neutering their pets, because they don't want to take away their "dignity".
I work in a shelter and see it all the time.

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 10:26 AM
"""I can see no good out of that..I have seen that scar a dog for life..I dont believe in that..but thats just me..who are we to take away there dignity??"""
Yeah, tell that to the millions of dogs that are "put to sleep" because there are not enough homes for them, because of people not spaying/neutering their pets, because they don't want to take away their "dignity".
I work in a shelter and see it all the time.
Hey look @ all the immagrants..I would rather pay for the dogs..then those fockers!! Put the tax money there instead. like I said..IMO.