PDA

View Full Version : No mooring signs

Kachina26
05-19-2005, 05:31 AM
OK, I want to keep this on a serious note, so those who owned a house for 12 years and have resided in Havasu for 3 need not respond. (Sounds like most of us, non-resident owners)
Anyway, where are these signs? Anyone got pics? When did they go up?

Essex502
05-19-2005, 05:38 AM
I haven't seen them and probably won't until we're out there next trip in 3 weekends from now. It is sad the the actions of the few affect the many. I really didn't frequent the channel except to travel through it instead of going around the island or when we used to stay at the London Bridge Resort before we purchase property and built a house there. Now the idiots that caused the knee jerk reaction by the city will be forced to go elsewhere - thus just pushing the problem into someone else's lap - so to speak. Whether those folks go to the Sandbar, Copper Canyon or some other location more family oriented like Steamboat will remain to be seen. Unfortunately for those that have good public manners and can abide by the rules of society are forced out of a favorite spot. Too bad for them. It sux that the problem has come to this.

Kachina26
05-19-2005, 05:49 AM
I typically don't go to the channel other than to meet up with people and then move on. I do on occasion, like to watch the world go by. But when it gets wild, I pull up stakes and head out.

Havasu Luvr
05-19-2005, 06:13 AM
I can't wait for them to make the channel "One Way". I can see it now :rolleyes: we all roll through and instead of going all the way around the island we all just have the "Worlds Largest Floatilla" in the middle of Thompson's Bay. They think the congestion is bad now? :D
I know most of you guys are against this but I would support a Day Use Permit in the channel..... Number each mooring spot and issue a permit. This will allow a permit holder to have a peice of beach and not worry that it will be gone if he/she decides to go play on the lake for a few hours....or go back to the marina to pick some one up. Make the permit hours 8am - 4pm (afterwards open mooring). By doing this it cuts the congestions down when peep realize there is going to be no parking for them until after 4pm and it will cut down on the congestion on the beach ie...hopefully rowdiness, party peeps etc... also make the permit holder responsible for their site (cleaniness). It just seems we can bitch all we want and the only good coming from it is relieving stress, if at all. I think we need to work together with LHC to try and come up with a solution that we all can agree on. I really do not know the answers to the current problems and all the future problems it may create but to find a solution means working together whether we like or not.....02

Dusty Times
05-19-2005, 06:30 AM
I would be for anything other than taking away parking one section at a time until full closure.
Can I reserve a good sandy spot with no rocks?LOL

Havasu Luvr
05-19-2005, 06:45 AM
Can I reserve a good sandy spot with no rocks?LOL
That would be one of many issues to be resolved. The revenue generated would hopefully help improve beach conditions :cool:

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 06:50 AM
I can't wait for them to make the channel "One Way". I can see it now :rolleyes: we all roll through and instead of going all the way around the island we all just have the "Worlds Largest Floatilla" in the middle of Thompson's Bay. They think the congestion is bad now? :D
I know most of you guys are against this but I would support a Day Use Permit in the channel..... Number each mooring spot and issue a permit. This will allow a permit holder to have a peice of beach and not worry that it will be gone if he/she decides to go play on the lake for a few hours....or go back to the marina to pick some one up. Make the permit hours 8am - 4pm (afterwards open mooring). By doing this it cuts the congestions down when peep realize there is going to be no parking for them until after 4pm and it will cut down on the congestion on the beach ie...hopefully rowdiness, party peeps etc... also make the permit holder responsible for their site (cleaniness). It just seems we can bitch all we want and the only good coming from it is relieving stress, if at all. I think we need to work together with LHC to try and come up with a solution that we all can agree on. I really do not know the answers to the current problems and all the future problems it may create but to find a solution means working together whether we like or not.....02
It seems like a good idea..but man..they would have to be purchased that day otherwise they would be on back order a long time!! :D not to mention having to get the police to kick the dicks out of ur spot when u come back...

schlepy
05-19-2005, 06:57 AM
would the crowds be less in the channel if they opened both the sand bar and copper canyon?? it seems like closing off popular hang out spots only pushes people to go somewhere else like the channel. why cant the city of havasu staff up on busy weekends to patrol and keep everything open for busy weekends?? must be money issues, just think when everyone is sick of the havasu b.s. what money issues Havasu will have.

Mandelon
05-19-2005, 06:58 AM
And the free for all at 4:00..... it'd be like the last day of high school every Saturday... :hammer2:
It may be the future......

Mandelon
05-19-2005, 07:01 AM
would the crowds be less in the channel if they opened both the sand bar and copper canyon?? it seems like closing off popular hang out spots only pushes people to go somewhere else like the channel. why cant the city of havasu staff up on busy weekends to patrol and keep everything open for busy weekends?? must be money issues, just think when everyone is sick of the havasu b.s. what money issues Havasu will have.
Havasu City PD has no jurisdiction up the river or across the lake. They are just stuck dealing with the results of the other enforcement agencies' closures.
They can close the channel and force all the boaters somewhere else. Its not like we will disappear.

Havasu Luvr
05-19-2005, 07:02 AM
It seems like a good idea..but man..they would have to be purchased that day otherwise they would be on back order a long time!! :D not to mention having to get the police to kick the dicks out of ur spot when u come back...
I think a reservation number would work the best....like the Camp America 800 number. Reservations on credit card must occupy by 11am or it's open. I think enough revenue will be generated to absurb the cost of LE on both side of the channel and admin/office for reservations. just a thought. anything is better then closing half the channel.
Looks like I'll be launching 5am the next 2 weekends :(

Havasu_Dreamin
05-19-2005, 07:05 AM
The thing I think everyone needs to remember is that the City wants to reduce the problems in the channel. Part of this is due to liability reasons, the CO related drownings. Another part is due to the other issues, underage drinking, people exposing themselves, people getting into fights etc. The city wans these issues reduced. I think what we are seeing is a Palm Springs type of deal when PS had all of the problems with Spring Breakers.
Unfortunately, things will get worse, in terms of the LE involvement and rules/laws being more strictly enforced, before things get better. I for one think things need to be "cleaned" up. Start enforcing the laws on the books and when they catch someone, throw the book at them. Those that realize they can't continue on with their typical antics will get the point and go somewhere else. Those of us that can follow the rules and respect each other will be incoenvienced in the short-term but will reap the rewards in the long run.
Another thing, this is basically the community park for LHC. People that live there full-time go there to unwind, just like the rest of us that visit on the weekends only. But why is it so many people feel it is ok to go there and do stupid things and engage in acts that they tmeselves would not what to happen in their own city? Honestly, do you want some group doing drugs, getting wasted, blaring their music too loud, exposing themselves, and soemtimes worse, for free beads at the park that you frequent in your city?
Go ahead and flame me, but that is just how I feel.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-19-2005, 07:06 AM
LHC has ZERO jurisdiction over the Sandbar, that's San Bernadino county. Of course, whent he decisions to close the cahnnel LHC probably weighed in on it as did Mohave County. Same holds true for Copper Canyon.

schlepy
05-19-2005, 07:07 AM
Havasu City PD has no jurisdiction up the river or across the lake. They are just stuck dealing with the results of the other enforcement agencies' closures.
They can close the channel and force all the boaters somewhere else. Its not like we will disappear.
just like they did with the sand bar closures, it pushed everyone to go somewhere else like the channel. now the channel has over crowding issues and they dont understand why??? why not close everything and have everyone floating in the middle of the lake??

ClownRoyal
05-19-2005, 07:13 AM
I think a reservation number would work the best....like the Camp America 800 number. Reservations on credit card must occupy by 11am or it's open. I think enough revenue will be generated to absurb the cost of LE on both side of the channel and admin/office for reservations. just a thought. anything is better then closing half the channel.
Looks like I'll be launching 5am the next 2 weekends :(
I see TOTAL CONFUSION. You are going to be kicking people out of your spot all day long. Someone will horndog on your spot anyways till you come back. How they going to enforce this? Right now the LE is overwelmed (sp?). Or so they say. Now they have reservations to enforce? I see TOTAL CONFUSION and lots of fights.

Havasu Luvr
05-19-2005, 07:15 AM
And the free for all at 4:00..... it'd be like the last day of high school every Saturday... :hammer2:
It may be the future......
Obviously you have not paid attention to every sat evening. It's that way already....most of the time we are parked in the channel by 3-4pm to watch what we call "The Parade of Idiots" coming into the channel after a day on he water. Watching 1 out of every 8 boats being operated by an obvious drunk bumping into each other boats or doing other dangerous stunts. So what would be different? The difference would be that I would have a opportunity to at least get a spot in the channel if I so desire it. It would just be a big inconvience to reserve ahead of time. As it is now half the channel shut down so the boaters who were smart enough to launch early to get a peice of beach will opt to NOT leave the channel which does not allow anyone else a chance to beach.....

dicudmore
05-19-2005, 07:17 AM
I kinda like that idea :D

Havasu Luvr
05-19-2005, 07:17 AM
I see TOTAL CONFUSION. You are going to be kicking people out of your spot all day long. Someone will horndog on your spot anyways till you come back. How they going to enforce this? Right now the LE is overwelmed (sp?). Or so they say. Now they have reservations to enforce? I see TOTAL CONFUSION and lots of fights.
You're Right, I see the confusing too :hammerhea

schlepy
05-19-2005, 07:18 AM
Go ahead and flame me, but that is just how I feel.[/QUOTE]
no ones going to flame you, i agree i would not want that to happen in my city, havasu has been known for years as a party town just like maimi, key west and all the other hot spots to party. should they close those too? does anyone go to palm springs anymore for spring break? everyone was run out of that town and now its a bunch of blue hairs. i go to havasu on a busy weekend knowing what to expect, if i wanted a more mellow spot i would go to a different lake.
back to the mooring issue, i think its a bad idea to charge people a spot or to close the channel down. going boating is already expensive enough with food, gas, launch, hotels etc.. now i have to pay for a spot to hang out and meet with friends?? its only going to push all the boaters somewhere else on the lake and make tensions even higher. i think they should open everything up to keep the people spread out over the lake.

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 07:20 AM
Boaters only!!! FOCK THE TOURISTS!!!! :D

Havasu Luvr
05-19-2005, 07:25 AM
Boaters only!!! FOCK THE TOURISTS!!!! :D
There you go ! ! ! put a toll gate at the end of Kokomo's, tourist who want to walk the boardwalk to look at our boats MUST pay a fee...... :rollside:

Havasu_Dreamin
05-19-2005, 07:26 AM
no ones going to flame you, i agree i would not want that to happen in my city, havasu has been known for years as a party town just like maimi, key west and all the other hot spots to party. should they close those too? does anyone go to palm springs anymore for spring break? everyone was run out of that town and now its a bunch of blue hairs. i go to havasu on a busy weekend knowing what to expect, if i wanted a more mellow spot i would go to a different lake.
Then why is it ok if it happens in Havasu? If you don't want it in your town, what is wrong with the residents and city council in LHC doing something to try and stop it in their town? I'm not slamming you, just playing devils advocate here.
back to the mooring issue, i think its a bad idea to charge people a spot or to close the channel down. going boating is already expensive enough with food, gas, launch, hotels etc.. now i have to pay for a spot to hang out and meet with friends?? its only going to push all the boaters somewhere else on the lake and make tensions even higher. i think they should open everything up to keep the people spread out over the lake.
Keep in mind that ANY cove you use on the AZ side of the lake you are obligated to pay the BLM fee. And believe me, the Ranger comes around to collect.
K26, I apologize if I hi-jakced your thread.

NOTALENT
05-19-2005, 07:27 AM
There you go ! ! ! put a toll gate at the end of Kokomo's, tourist who want to walk the boardwalk to look at our boats MUST pay a fee...... :rollside:
EXACTLY!!! Shit..them damn tourist try to party with us..take our woman..our beer...and jump on our boats with sandals on and no permission too!!!!DOWN WITH THEM ALL!!! :crossx:

schlepy
05-19-2005, 07:34 AM
Then why is it ok if it happens in Havasu? If you don't want it in your town, what is wrong with the residents and city council in LHC doing something to try and stop it in their town? I'm not slamming you, just playing devils advocate here.
Keep in mind that ANY cove you use on the AZ side of the lake you are obligated to pay the BLM fee. And believe me, the Ranger comes around to collect.
K26, I apologize if I hi-jakced your thread.
havasu is known as a party town on busy weekends, not yorba linda, ca. if i moved to lake hasavu i would have to consider what happens there on busy weekends. what if i moved next to train tracks and i got sick of the noise, can i just shut down the trains from coming??

Havasu Luvr
05-19-2005, 07:36 AM
back to the mooring issue, i think its a bad idea to charge people a spot or to close the channel down.
You're right... I feel it is wrong to charge me an Entrance Fee to drive through Yosemite Natl Park.... mine and everyone elses taxes pay for upkeep of that and every other natl park....it is wrong for me to have to pay? Unfortunately we will pay if we want it bad enough....
Like everything else when an event OR location (ei, the channel) gets to popular then changes MUST be made. Sometimes it is for the good but most often it is not :mad: We, (us boaters) are NOT in the drivers seat. We can only sit back and observe or become part of the solution, although I do not have the solution.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-19-2005, 07:41 AM
havasu is known as a party town on busy weekends, not yorba linda, ca. if i moved to lake hasavu i would have to consider what happens there on busy weekends. what if i moved next to train tracks and i got sick of the noise, can i just shut down the trains from coming??
I understand that. But if they want to effect change, want to cut down on the problems, as it is their town, is there anything wrong with that? Again, just playing devils advocate. I think something needs to be done but I don't think mooring slips and shutting it down completely are viable options either. As I said earlier, I think it will get worse before it gets any better.

ClownRoyal
05-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Letter:
Dear Mayor and City Council,
As a resident of Lake Havasu for over 5 years I am writing to you concerning
the proposed new boating restrictions for the Channel and other parts of the
lake.
Why are you punishing the 98% of us for the 2% idiots? Do you have (I hope
you do) any idea what the Havasu economy would be without the income that
boaters bring in each weekend for 10 months a year? I would suggest you do an economic impact study before you implement your new 'experiments'. I would also suggest making a trip down to the lake on a Saturday and see for yourself how much revenue is floating on the lake.
Crack down on the 2%. Go after the problem. Don't punish us law-abiding
residents and visitors because you can't handle the 2%.
I bought my house in Havasu because of the lake and the boating. My Dad did the same. My best friend did the same. And so on ...
Drive the boaters away and your City will become a ghost town real soon.
Your town exists because of boaters...from the manufactures who create jobs
to the stores, hotels, gas stations, restaurants, etc. Don't shoot yourselves
in the foot!
Reply:
We have not enacted the items you seem so concerned about. We will be
receiving input from the Chamber and the Tourism Board.
Bob Whelan
I guess you could say the Mayor :hammer2: either doesn't know what is going on or is simply a liar ...

schlepy
05-19-2005, 07:49 AM
Lake Havasu City Price Board
Launch Fee $16
Parking Fee $5
Channel Day Pass $20
Sand Bar Day Pass $20
Copper Canyon Day Pass $20
Cove Usage Fee $20
Water Usage Clean-up Fee $3
Trash Fee $3
Docking Fee $5
Restroom Pass $5
Lake Floating Fee $10
Prices are subject to change without notice.

Havasu_Dreamin
05-19-2005, 07:51 AM
Launch Fee $16
Parking Fee $5
Channel Day Pass $20
Sand Bar Day Pass $20
Cove Usage Fee $20
Trash Fee $3
Docking Fee $5
Restroom Pass $5
Lake Floating Fee $10
You forgot the point a to point b travel fee.

Huckleberry
05-19-2005, 08:08 AM
Launch Fee $16
Parking Fee $5
Channel Day Pass $20
Sand Bar Day Pass $20
Cove Usage Fee $20
Trash Fee $3
Docking Fee $5
Restroom Pass $5
Lake Floating Fee $10
Add these fees to the list:
Mileage tax @ $0.10/mile
High Performance Boat Fee $1.00 per MPH about 45 MPH
Loud Motor Waiver Fee @ $2.00 per decibel over the arbitrary limit imposed by the Lake Havasu Marina
BUI Waiver Fee @$20 per .01% BAC over the legal limit of 0.08% (Allows you to drive while drunk off your ass and not get arrested!)

schlepy
05-19-2005, 08:15 AM
I got it, lets turn Lake Havasu into Newport and Huntington beach. Lets put parking meters everywhere. hahahahaha

ThongMagnet
05-19-2005, 11:35 AM
I think we all need to find another lake to have fun.
Laughlin's Lake Mohave's Cottonwood Cove
Phoenix's Lake Pleasant
Las Vegas's Lake Mead
Page's Lake Powell
The problem's seen at Lake Havasu have to deal with Public access and public intoxication on big weekends.
4% are violent when they drink.
30% are rude to other's when they drink.
20% Drink way to much.
30% Drink moderately.
15% have no business being at the lake and drinking (underage)
1% do not drink
100% are trying to enjoy the lake, but can't.
I enjoy having 5-6 beers at the lake, but I can't enjoy them on the big weekends at Lake Havasu anymore (Memorial weekend 1988-2000). I'm glad they closed the Sandbar and Copper Canyon on the big weekends and I hope the City of Lake Havasu closes the channel to boats as well on the big weekends. It makes my decision to not go to Havasu a lot easier, and go elsewhere. :coffeycup