PDA

View Full Version : Trident Custom Boats Dual Jet

MudPumper
05-19-2005, 11:06 AM
Thought I'd thow this up for discusion. Looks killer.
http://www.highperformancecars.com/froggystyle/trident_rigging.jpg

Hustler
05-19-2005, 11:12 AM
thats going to be one sick deck boat. Wes has dane a tremendous job of building that boat

roostwear
05-19-2005, 11:31 AM
One thing's for sure.... the jar of Vaseline in the fourth shot better be standard equipment.

franky
05-19-2005, 11:34 AM
One thing's for sure.... the jar of Vaseline in the fourth shot better be standard equipment.
Allways lookin for that jar are ya? Just Joking!!

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
05-19-2005, 01:31 PM
Won't those un-jacketed twice pipes get "too hot in the hot tub"

flat broke
05-19-2005, 01:40 PM
The boat looks nice, but how the hell do you install a twin turbo'd deal into a nice looking setup like that and then use a Glenwood 4point mount kit? That thing is a little too nice not to be sporting some baddass railkit with tons of bitchen compound curves incorporated into the design to match the curvy lines of the boat.
Chris

Liberator TJ1984
05-19-2005, 01:42 PM
I like the outside design of the hull .....great job Wes :D
BUT ,Just to be nosey ,
why are all the inside angles so boxy and sharp edged ???? will that be hidden by the interior :confused:

Cs19
05-19-2005, 01:53 PM
The boat looks nice, but how the hell do you install a twin turbo'd deal into a nice looking setup like that and then use a Glenwood 4point mount kit? That thing is a little too nice not to be sporting some baddass railkit with tons of bitchen compound curves incorporated into the design to match the curvy lines of the boat.
Chris
I was thinking the same exact thing.. They've got a friggin CNC'ed transom plate, but a glenwood motor mount kit and bell housing.
Rad boat, and nice work otherwise.
Anyone know what intake they are using? Looks like a one piece intake with one big mounting pad for the suction pieces. I know R&D Marine was having those casted at one time, Id really like to see the keel and inlet side.

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 02:10 PM
In order...
The pipes you see are the template for Bassani to build the mostly jacketed system from. All 4" polished stainless tube. It will be cool to the touch.
Rail kit is forthcoming. I wanted to test the bottom and get the this boat rigged. Turns out getting billet built is the easy part... designing it is the tough part. I don't have a Milling machine, and I don't have any files to go off of for the hole patterns so I needed to start somewhere.
Most of the hard lines you see are covered by interior. They need to be hard to fit a piece of hard board on. The big square thing on the front of the helm is toast too. That is where the DVD player screen goes, but in the helm that is currently being tooled it is all a nice rounded edge about the same front face as the flat part under the gauges.
The interior is mostly curvy. The helm just turned out wrong.
The Dual Drive is a cooperative effort between Gear Manufacturing and R&D Marine. Very nice piece.

HBjet
05-19-2005, 02:17 PM
In order...
The pipes you see are the template for Bassani to build the mostly jacketed system from. All 4" polished stainless tube. It will be cool to the touch.
Rail kit is forthcoming. I wanted to test the bottom and get the this boat rigged. Turns out getting billet built is the easy part... designing it is the tough part. I don't have a Milling machine, and I don't have any files to go off of for the hole patterns so I needed to start somewhere.
Most of the hard lines you see are covered by interior. They need to be hard to fit a piece of hard board on. The big square thing on the front of the helm is toast too. That is where the DVD player screen goes, but in the helm that is currently being tooled it is all a nice rounded edge about the same front face as the flat part under the gauges.
The interior is mostly curvy. The helm just turned out wrong.
The Dual Drive is a cooperative effort between Gear Manufacturing and R&D Marine. Very nice piece.
Right On Wes! Glad you have kept with this... miss ya guys on the water though...
HBjet

Froggystyle
05-19-2005, 02:27 PM
Right On Wes! Glad you have kept with this... miss ya guys on the water though...
HBjet
This is going to be a good year... We will be on the water for sure. A lot!

old rigger
05-19-2005, 03:24 PM
Looks pretty cool. Long time coming.
Congrats.

UBFJ #454
05-19-2005, 05:10 PM
I'm curious as to why Trident Boats went with a "2 Pump System" rather than a larger, single pump?

DeputyDawg
05-19-2005, 06:17 PM
I'm curious as to why Trident Boats went with a "2 Pump System" rather than a larger, single pump?
Does anyone make a larger mixed flow pump? I know there are some huge axial flow pumps being used on ships and tugs.

Ol Yeller
05-19-2005, 06:36 PM
Thats nice............I think I'll take a little out of my next paycheck and buy one.

SmokinLowriderSS
05-19-2005, 07:30 PM
I don't think anyone makes any really larger pumps for speed. I think 2 9.5" pumps will run better than a single 12"er.

RIPPINGNOLEGSKROKER
05-19-2005, 08:50 PM
not to highjack but, Deputydawg did you buy that 21' kevlar daytona if yes how is it????

DeputyDawg
05-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Yes, I did buy the kevlar 21' Daytona. The boat is immaculate and I am very happy with it. I have a 522 out of a street rod that I was going to just re-cam and drop in it for this summer, but I have decided to do a piston swap along with the cam swap and while I am at it I have decided to put a Hampton 8-71 blower on it with a couple of Braswell blower carbs to boot. I won't be on the water until the end of June now, but when I get there I will have a few more ponies than originally planned.

FuelInMyVeins82
05-19-2005, 09:44 PM
Yes, I did buy the kevlar 21' Daytona. The boat is immaculate and I am very happy with it. I have a 522 out of a street rod that I was going to just re-cam and drop in it for this summer, but I have decided to do a piston swap along with the cam swap and while I am at it I have decided to put a Hampton 8-71 blower on it with a couple of Braswell blower carbs to boot. I won't be on the water until the end of June now, but when I get there I will have a few more ponies than originally planned.
Thats it just a cam, pistons, and oh ya blower. Lol. Im not talking shit just though it was funny. thatl be sick when its all said and done though:D

Bense468
05-19-2005, 11:17 PM
Looking good wes. I am sure I am not the only one interested on how it performs. You are right on with the helm...Gell work came out real nice.

396_WAYS_TO_SPIT
05-20-2005, 05:57 AM
Looking good wes;) Keep us posted! That thing is looking sweet as hell. I sure wish I had deep pockets. Maybe in about 5 years I could graduate to one of those;)

Froggystyle
05-20-2005, 09:27 AM
Looking good wes;) Keep us posted! That thing is looking sweet as hell. I sure wish I had deep pockets. Maybe in about 5 years I could graduate to one of those;)
Well, thanks for the good words and with regard to pricing... me too!
This is not going to be priced as a first boat for most people. The clients we are expecting to nail down (and have successfully to this point) are people who have had multiple boats, and bought the very best they could swing every time. If I can't afford the best 28'er, I bought the best 21'er I could. I didn't buy a cheap 28. Same deal here. We are counting on selling to the large number of people who don't think the best on the market is currently good enough. ;)
If the concept falters, it is easy to dumb down a boat. Stock power, outdrive and vinyl graphics are easily within reach. You only get one chance to set the market though, and the first 22 boats so far are going to be built exactly like this. Well... 21 now that Nashville Bound already pulled the trigger on another.
Thanks for the good wishes though everyone. This will be interesting if nothing else.