PDA

View Full Version : Arizona Boat Registration Fees!

Boatcop
05-21-2005, 12:28 PM
The Governor signed the bill on Friday (05/20). Boat Registration Fees will be restructured. No more Registration Fee and a "tax" based on length. It is now just a simple fee, based soley on residency status and length of boat. The new fees (below) will go into effect on September 1st.
Resident Owner:
TWELVE FEET AND LESS $20.00
TWELVE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTEEN FEET $22.00
SIXTEEN FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY FEET $30.00
TWENTY FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY-SIX FEET $35.00
TWENTY-SIX FEET ONE INCH THROUGH THIRTY-NINE FEET $39.00
THIRTY-NINE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTY-FOUR FEET $44.00
SIXTY-FOUR FEET ONE INCH AND OVER $66.00
Nonresident owner,
TWELVE FEET AND LESS $100.00
TWELVE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTEEN FEET $110.00
SIXTEEN FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY FEET $222.00
TWENTY FEET ONE INCH THROUGH TWENTY-SIX FEET $259.00
TWENTY-SIX FEET ONE INCH THROUGH THIRTY-NINE FEET $292.00
THIRTY-NINE FEET ONE INCH THROUGH SIXTY-FOUR FEET $330.00
SIXTY-FOUR FEET ONE INCH AND GREATER $495.00
They are also cross checking boat registration with State Income Tax records to ensure that "Residents" are actually "Residents" and don't simply have an address in AZ.
Hunting and Fishing Licenses fees are also changing.

bear down
05-21-2005, 12:44 PM
Still cheaper than California

slink
05-21-2005, 12:47 PM
Does Arizona have an Actor as a Governor too? :boxingguy

Jordy
05-21-2005, 02:22 PM
Does Arizona have an Actor as a Governor too? :boxingguy
Yeah, she acts like a woman. :D

Dusty Times
05-21-2005, 02:23 PM
She's not a very good impersonator. :hammerhea

voodoomedman
05-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Still cheaper than California but that sucks. They get enough money off of Property Tax from my house and Sales Tax everytime I buy gas and food and furniture and supplies for the house. No offense to Arizona in general just damn government. If they would quit wasting money and get their freaking acts together they wouldn't need to keep raising taxes. I'm glad at least I'm already paid til September next year at the lower rates.

Boatcop
05-21-2005, 03:15 PM
They get enough money off of Property Tax from my house and Sales Tax everytime I buy gas and food and furniture and supplies for the house.
Just to put things in perspective, the Arizona Game and Fish Dept. is funded completely through Boat Registration and Fishing/Hunting License fees. They don't get any Property/Sales/Gas, etc. tax money, nor do they get any State General Funds.
In addition, a portion of the Boat Registration fees goes to the State Lake Improvement Fund Grant program, (to add ramps, rest rooms, campsites, etc. and other improvements to Arizona State Parks and Arizona Lake Recreation Areas) and to the Arizona Law Enforcement & Boating Safety Fund Grants to Counties (to fund County Sheriff Lake Patrol Officer Salaries.)
Basically put, the benefits enjoyed by the State's boaters are paid for by the State's boaters. If not for the way these funds are used, the other things you mention would be a whole lot higher.

beach gomer
05-21-2005, 03:36 PM
My fee's just went from 116.00 a year to 290.00.Thats over double. Nothing like raising it over 100%.

Kilrtoy
05-21-2005, 04:57 PM
Ok thanks BC...
I have aquestion....
If you live and work in cali, but own a house in havasu which would you fall under........

Boatcop
05-21-2005, 05:06 PM
Ok thanks BC...
I have aquestion....
If you live and work in cali, but own a house in havasu which would you fall under........
You answered that question yourself.
Just owning property or having a vacation home in AZ doesn't make one a "Resident" under the law. To qualify as a Resident Arizona must be your primary home. Including, voting, employment, vehicle registration, kids attending school, paying State Income taxes as a "resident", etc. etc.
The Game and Fish Dept. has been pretty lax in enforcing this, pretty much just basing it on addresses. However, there was so much abuse and fraud, (using PO Boxes, friend's addresses, etc.) they realized how much revenue they were losing and have begun imposing the law as written and are now verifying that all persons registering as a "Resident" are indeed "Residents".

Mrs CP 19
05-21-2005, 05:06 PM
If you live and work in Cali, then you are a Cali resident (vote, pay state taxes, etc) An out of state, or any second home, is a vaca, second home, or rental depending on how you do your taxes I suppose.
Since we have had a house in AZ for over 11 years, I was hoping we might only have to pay resident registration fees. Oh well, if they question it, I will gladly pay the higher fee.

Kilrtoy
05-21-2005, 05:08 PM
Thank you, as stated above , BETTER THAN CALI.....

Beautiful Noise
05-21-2005, 05:41 PM
Well it's time to transfer back to California I guess :notam:

Beautiful Noise
05-21-2005, 05:44 PM
NEV is still cheaper :D
Only if I went there.........lol :D Besides California is Cheaper than Az for me after this change so i'll just transfer back :D

Phat Matt
05-21-2005, 06:05 PM
OR is pretty cheap too.

sanger rat
05-21-2005, 07:13 PM
Gee wiz! Only cost me seven dollars and I'm good untill 2008. :D

TheLurker
05-21-2005, 08:12 PM
Alan,
Thanks for keeping us informed. I appreciate it.

Ultrafied
05-21-2005, 08:23 PM
I would rather give my fees to Arizona then California. Geez, Cali gets enough from already!

Bank Boy
05-21-2005, 09:19 PM
I love that I can re-register on line and never have to deal with any DMV B.S. for my AZ registration.
It took me five minutes and 5 days later my new tags are in the mail.

Forkin' Crazy
05-21-2005, 10:28 PM
It went up here too. Sucks when you have more then 3 boats... :rolleyes:

haulina29
05-21-2005, 11:22 PM
California should put a 5000 dollar a load surcharge on all freight that rolls from LA harbor down I 10 to that right to work , producing nothing waste land .

vegasriverjunkie
05-21-2005, 11:38 PM
Hey boatcop or maybe somebody that knows, I have this friend that boat a boat paid full in cash in AZ in 03' through his company. It still has not been registered so no reg numbers have been issued. Is there a sales tax that needs to be paid on this if its registered in AZ. I know in NV they asked for the sales tax to be paid prior to registering. If he sells the boat is the new owner responsible for the sales tax, if he is for what amount the original or the amount it was sold. Just asking and any response would be helpful.

JustMVG
05-21-2005, 11:41 PM
You answered that question yourself.
Just owning property or having a vacation home in AZ doesn't make one a "Resident" under the law. To qualify as a Resident Arizona must be your primary home. Including, voting, employment, vehicle registration, kids attending school, paying State Income taxes as a "resident", etc. etc.
The Game and Fish Dept. has been pretty lax in enforcing this, pretty much just basing it on addresses. However, there was so much abuse and fraud, (using PO Boxes, friend's addresses, etc.) they realized how much revenue they were losing and have begun imposing the law as written and are now verifying that all persons registering as a "Resident" are indeed "Residents".
Now what if you only are using the boat while on vacation and the boat "Resides" in AZ, you have a house there and the boat is used only in AZ, but you live and work in Cali or wherever, c'mon if you own a vacation home or property, and the boat is used primarily there in AZ why not get the "resident" rate?

shueman
05-22-2005, 04:38 AM
Thanks Alan...glad to help support the F'n G.....!!!
Whatever it takes....

Boatcop
05-22-2005, 06:42 AM
Hey boatcop or maybe somebody that knows, I have this friend that boat a boat paid full in cash in AZ in 03' through his company. It still has not been registered so no reg numbers have been issued. Is there a sales tax that needs to be paid on this if its registered in AZ. I know in NV they asked for the sales tax to be paid prior to registering. If he sells the boat is the new owner responsible for the sales tax, if he is for what amount the original or the amount it was sold. Just asking and any response would be helpful.
He needs to show a bill of sale, MSO or invoice to prove that he is the owner. If he paid sales tax when he bought it (to any state) then he won't owe any tax when he registers it in AZ. If he's never paid any sales tax, he must pay it to the AZ Dept. of revenue before AZ will register it.
There is never any sales tax in transactions between privtae parties.

Boatcop
05-22-2005, 06:51 AM
Now what if you only are using the boat while on vacation and the boat "Resides" in AZ, you have a house there and the boat is used only in AZ, but you live and work in Cali or wherever, c'mon if you own a vacation home or property, and the boat is used primarily there in AZ why not get the "resident" rate?
Again you answered your own question. Where the boat "resides" doesn't matter. It's where the owner "resides"
A vacation home or proprty owner from out of state may pay property taxes, sales taxes, etc., but, except for the property tax, only pay that stuff part of the time. They also pay their State Income tax to their home state. Pay vehcile license fees in their home state, etc. The sales, gas tax, etc they pay in Arizona are the same as any other visitor who buys things in AZ.
Property taxes don't go to pay for things like the Game and Fish Dept, Lake improvements, Marine Patrol, etc. They go to pay for County Services, Fire Districts, Schools, etc.
There are no "What Ifs" or "Buts" or "How Comes" or anything else. You're either an Arizona Resident or you're not.

Floored
05-22-2005, 06:59 AM
California should put a 5000 dollar a load surcharge on all freight that rolls from LA harbor down I 10 to that right to work , producing nothing waste land .
Being a trucker, I believe they should put giant wharehouses at the border of cal, in az, nv, ore and if californians want anything just drive to the border and get it yourself. Trucking in cal blows and I refuse to drive there anymore so keep your harbor freight. :crossx:

voodoomedman
05-22-2005, 07:28 AM
Thanks for putting it into perspective. At least it makes a little more sense. What doesn't make more sense is over doubling it. Are there any ramifications for changing to Nevada registration? What are the pros and cons for doing it especially if you own a house in Havasu and your boat is 95% of the time in Arizona?
Just to put things in perspective, the Arizona Game and Fish Dept. is funded completely through Boat Registration and Fishing/Hunting License fees. They don't get any Property/Sales/Gas, etc. tax money, nor do they get any State General Funds.
In addition, a portion of the Boat Registration fees goes to the State Lake Improvement Fund Grant program, (to add ramps, rest rooms, campsites, etc. and other improvements to Arizona State Parks and Arizona Lake Recreation Areas) and to the Arizona Law Enforcement & Boating Safety Fund Grants to Counties (to fund County Sheriff Lake Patrol Officer Salaries.)
Basically put, the benefits enjoyed by the State's boaters are paid for by the State's boaters. If not for the way these funds are used, the other things you mention would be a whole lot higher.

Boatcop
05-22-2005, 08:25 AM
Are there any ramifications for changing to Nevada registration? What are the pros and cons for doing it especially if you own a house in Havasu and your boat is 95% of the time in Arizona?
Where the boat is 95% of the time doesn't matter. It's where the boat is USED 51% of the time. All States' and Federal law require that a boat be registered where it is used more than 50% of the time. If you boat on the Colorado River, you can choose between any of the states that border the River, where you mostly use the boat.
If you boat on Havasu or points south most of the time, you can choose California or Arizona. Mead or Mohave: Arizona or Nevada. Powell: Arizona or Utah.
This is kind of hard to police, since there's no one watching your boat all the time to see where it's being used. Pretty much, the only thing really preventing anyone from committing registration fraud and perjury, by registering a boat in a state where it's not used the most, is your own sense of right and wrong.

OutCole'd
05-22-2005, 08:40 AM
This is kind of hard to police, since there's no one watching your boat all the time to see where it's being used. Pretty much, the only thing really preventing anyone from committing registration fraud and perjury, by registering a boat in a state where it's not used the most, is your own sense of right and wrong.
Good point. Also, since I boat 99.9% in Havasu, I don't mind paying my tax to the people that support my habit.
If everyone tried to get out of paying money to AZ, how poorly would the LE be funded then?

slink
05-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Reading between the lines, looks like Boatcop is getting a FAT new raise come Sept 01 :D

Boatcop
05-22-2005, 09:57 AM
I don't mind paying my tax to the people that support my habit.
Also consider that by paying money to a state you don't boat in, you'll be paying for boating amenities that you won't use.
Kind of like alimony. :cry: :hammerhea

Boatcop
05-22-2005, 10:00 AM
Reading between the lines, looks like Boatcop is getting a FAT new raise come Sept 01
I wish that were true. Unfortunately, our pay is set by the County Board of Supervisors, and they say it wouldn't be "fair" if we got more money than the rest of the Deputies or County Employees, no matter where the funds were coming from. :frown:

slink
05-22-2005, 10:02 AM
I wish that were true. Unfortunately, our pay is set by the County Board of Supervisors, and they say it wouldn't be "fair" if we got more money than the rest of the Deputies or County Employees, no matter where the funds were coming from. :frown:
That's were you need better negotiators....5-10% "special assignment" pay for boatcops.

RiverToysJas
05-22-2005, 10:39 AM
Thank you, as stated above , BETTER THAN CALI.....
Not for everyone, only if your boat is worth more than 20-30,000. ;)
My Az registation only went up just under 300%. :frown:
RTJas :D

voodoomedman
05-22-2005, 04:27 PM
I got ya! It's still alot cheaper than Cali. I guess I was thinking since Nevada is on the other side I could do that but it's not until way past needles and we don't go that far and won't be on Mohave 51% of the time so I'll just deal with it.
Where the boat is 95% of the time doesn't matter. It's where the boat is USED 51% of the time. All States' and Federal law require that a boat be registered where it is used more than 50% of the time. If you boat on the Colorado River, you can choose between any of the states that border the River, where you mostly use the boat.
If you boat on Havasu or points south most of the time, you can choose California or Arizona. Mead or Mohave: Arizona or Nevada. Powell: Arizona or Utah.

Essex502
05-23-2005, 07:36 AM
Looks like we will reg our new boat just in time...i.e. in July and pay this year's fees instead of the new fee structure. At least we'll get a year or so before paying twice as much. Still a LOT cheaper than CA.
Thanks Alan for the info

RiverRatRusty
05-23-2005, 08:14 AM
So how long is the new AZ renewal good for...one year, two, five?
I've never had vessels except Sea-Doo's registered in CA. What are the typical fees for a 23' boat?

RiverToysJas
05-23-2005, 09:57 AM
What are the typical fees for a 23' boat?
I think Ca is like $7/ 2 years for registration (used to be $5/year when i had my jet boat, I'm told it's 7 for 2 now). Then you also have Personal Property tax of 1% of the value of the vessel. So if you're 23' boat is worth less than $25,000 you're better off registering here in Ca. IF your county has the personal property tax for boats, I understand some counties do not. I don't know for sure though.

jbtrailerjim
05-23-2005, 10:11 AM
Well that just sucks. I go from paying $110 last year to having to pay $259 this year. Oh well, it's still cheaper than California. :rolleyes:

Waldo
05-23-2005, 10:12 AM
Me too!
I just renewed last month... :supp:

gnarley
05-23-2005, 10:48 AM
I would rather give my fees to Arizona then California. Geez, Cali gets enough from already!
True, but that's the price you pay to live and work in this state. If you don't like it you can always move, we all have choices. You and everyone else who try to dodge paying taxes by registering your things elsewhere only make the problem worse. If you can't pay the taxes on your toys where you live can you really afford them? When anyone licenses anything out of state you are defrauding California of tax dollars and you are also putting more pressure on the rest of the residents who are taxpayers. By defrauding the state of those funds you are part of the problem. I don't like paying the share that I do, but I still pay. If you can't afford to pay the tax where you live maybe you really can't afford your toys?

Essex502
05-23-2005, 10:56 AM
True, but that's the price you pay to live and work in this state. If you don't like it you can always move, we all have choices. You and everyone else who try to dodge paying taxes by registering your things elsewhere only make the problem worse. If you can't pay the taxes on your toys where you live can you really afford them? When anyone licenses anything out of state you are defrauding California of tax dollars and you are also putting more pressure on the rest of the residents who are taxpayers. By defrauding the state of those funds you are part of the problem. I don't like paying the share that I do, but I still pay. If you can't afford to pay the tax where you live maybe you really can't afford your toys?
Gnarley...
Not all of us that register our boat in AZ are "dodging" our taxes. I for one - like many others - are REQUIRED by USGC regulations to register the boat in the state where we predominantly use or moor the boat. Since we have a house in LHC and the boat is ALWAYS stored in LHC and we boat predominantly on the Colorado river and the lakes formed by it, we are COMPLYING with USCG to register in AZ.
What I take issue on is the personal property tax on boats and planes in CA. When someone buys a house in CA you don't pay sales tax because you are taxed annually via a property tax. On a boat or plane, you not only pay sales tax - in my case upwards of $11K on the next boat - but are also dinged for property tax annually as well. TO me this is double-dipping and taxing the same property twice. Once on transfer and then again annually. When we registered out boat outside of CA we did it completely by the law in CA - out of CA on January 1st and continually stored and almost always used outside CA or in a joint waterway. No fraud here, amigo. Just common sense use of the tax code and the rules of the USCG.

gnarley
05-23-2005, 11:04 AM
Essex 502, I know there are a few people who are required to register the way you have as stated by the USCG, I have no beef with that. There are a lot of other people who defraud and they’re the ones who add to the problem. Double dipping sure sucks but what the hell can you legally do about it? I would rather give my tax dollars to the state I live in then send them out of state where it isn't helping the state where I have chosen to live.

Essex502
05-23-2005, 11:52 AM
Essex 502, I know there are a few people who are required to register the way you have as stated by the USCG, I have no beef with that. There are a lot of other people who defraud and they’re the ones who add to the problem. Double dipping sure sucks but what the hell can you legally do about it? I would rather give my tax dollars to the state I live in then send them out of state where it isn't helping the state where I have chosen to live.
Yeah...the cheaters that store their boat in CA, boat part time in AZ or NV and then register their boat out of state are DEFRAUDING the county where they live in CA. No argument from me. I took it upon myself to store our boat out of state even before we boat our first house in LHC. There are many on this forum that do the same but there are also many who cheat and store their boat in CA register it in AZ.
What can we do about the double-dipping? Nothing. It's another way to take from the "better off" who can afford the luxury items such as a boat or plane and give to the "less well off" who can't. This property tax money is taken by the county the resident who pays it lives in and I would assume goes into the general fund.

Wonderboy
05-23-2005, 03:50 PM
Gnarley...
What I take issue on is the personal property tax on boats and planes in CA. When someone buys a house in CA you don't pay sales tax because you are taxed annually via a property tax. On a boat or plane, you not only pay sales tax - in my case upwards of $11K on the next boat - but are also dinged for property tax annually as well. TO me this is double-dipping and taxing the same property twice. Once on transfer and then again annually. When we registered out boat outside of CA we did it completely by the law in CA - out of CA on January 1st and continually stored and almost always used outside CA or in a joint waterway. No fraud here, amigo. Just common sense use of the tax code and the rules of the USCG.
Think about this: The "property tax" you mention used to be called Luxury Tax. People called BS on it so they just changed the name to property tax. And like boatcop said why give money for boating amenities in Cali that you'll never use. :burningm:

HM
05-23-2005, 04:14 PM
I love the media spin of "tax dodgers" on people who legally reduce and eliminate taxes. California is one of the last states to have personal property tax, and if you can legally eliminate this tax, then why would you not? What...that is not the spirit of the law or something?
Fock CA taxes. The only taxes they get from me are property taxes and sales taxes.

JBmagic
05-23-2005, 04:25 PM
I love the media spin of "tax dodgers" on people who legally reduce and eliminate taxes. California is one of the last states to have personal property tax, and if you can legally eliminate this tax, then why would you not? What...that is not the spirit of the law or something?
Fock CA taxes. The only taxes they get from me are property taxes and sales taxes.
Although I live in California I pay reg. fees to AZ; that said, what am I paying to the Golden State to pay my "fair share"??
Income Tax, Property Tax, Special Assesments, Sales Tax, Gasoline Tax, Sin Tax-Liquor and Cigs, blah, blah blah.
If I can shave a little tax bill legally, Hell Yeah!

Mrs CP 19
05-23-2005, 04:42 PM
Since we bost in AZ and own property in AZ, we have had our boats registered there for 10 years or so now. Because we are not AZ residents, I have no problem paying the higher fees.
For those of you who have been boating there for awhile, have you noticed how many boats are AZ registered these days? Used to be the majority were CA. We have noticed the # of AZ tagged boats going up every year....Az registration is yearly, in the month you initially register.

jbtrailerjim
05-23-2005, 04:54 PM
I would much rather pay money to Arizona for my registration. It is where I boat 100% of the time anyway.
At least I know when I'm paying the Arizona Fish and Game, thats where the money is going. Not like in California where the money is put in some kind of general fund. :rolleyes:

Boatcop
05-23-2005, 05:38 PM
Az registration is yearly, in the month you initially register.
Not necessarily.
The expiration month is tied to that actual number they assign. (The numbers, not the letters) I won't go into detail, but it's designed so we can tell at a glance if the decal is actually for the assigned number, or belongs to another boat.
Believe it or not there are those who steal decals, put on decals from other boats, or "loan" decals to others. Either to avoid paying the fees altogether, they forgot to pay them and want to use the boat without hassle, or to make a stolen boat look legit.
In any event, when you first register a boat in AZ you are signing up for a whole year, (12 months) no matter what the numbers are. The 2nd time you register it, (1st renewal) you might get it registered for anywhere from 7 to 18 months. If it's 6 months or less until your assigned numbers "month" is up, they'll register it for the remaining time, plus an additional year. If it's 7 months or more, they'll register it until the next appropriate expiration month.
The fees are prorated, either higher or lower, depending on where your particular numbers fall. This is why some people pay higher or lower fees the 2nd time they pay for their Arizona registration, and the month doesn't match the first decal they got. It's the second go around that catches the numbers up with the month.
A lot of people say..."Hey! Didn't we just do this 6 months ago?" Probably, and that's the reason why.
Got it? :confused: :confused: :boxed: :rollside: :cry:
Hey. At least WE understand how it works.

RiverToysJas
05-23-2005, 10:39 PM
Not necessarily.
The expiration month is tied to that actual number they assign. (The numbers, not the letters) I won't go into detail, but it's designed so we can tell at a glance if the decal is actually for the assigned number, or belongs to another boat.
AAAHHHhhhh.....That explains why mine expire in April, when the boat was first registered new in Sept or Oct. I was corn-fused. I thought maybe everyone expired in April, but then I saw that wasn't the case. Now I get it!!! Thanks!

Essex502
05-24-2005, 06:33 AM
You said the exact words that are important here: "...if you can legally eliminate this tax,...". The important word is "LEGALLY". Those that live in CA, store their boat in CA, register it in AZ and claim they don't owe property tax to CA are breaking the law. They owe property tax if the boat is not predominantly moored (not only used but stored as well) outside CA and is not in CA on January 1 of the taxable year. Not meeting those requirements and claiming exemption from the county's property tax is fraud. Plain and simple.

voodoomedman
05-24-2005, 06:42 AM
My boat sleeps in it's garage at my house in Havasu. I'm legal. :)
You said the exact words that are important here: "...if you can legally eliminate this tax,...". The important word is "LEGALLY". Those that live in CA, store their boat in CA, register it in AZ and claim they don't owe property tax to CA are breaking the law. They owe property tax if the boat is not predominantly moored (not only used but stored as well) outside CA and is not in CA on January 1 of the taxable year. Not meeting those requirements and claiming exemption from the county's property tax is fraud. Plain and simple.

Mrs CP 19
05-24-2005, 07:54 AM
Thanks for the clarifcation Boatcop. Guess we just got lucky, comes up every May, so has always been a year! Jill

HM
05-24-2005, 09:20 AM
Never said not to meet the requirements and claim the exemption. How you meet the requirements is a different story. ;) It is all in the interpretation depending on the tax liability $$$.

Nordicflame
05-24-2005, 11:39 AM
It actually sounds like you all have it pretty good actually…
Titties and Beer, I’m sure you can relate to this…
Here in our wonderful State of Utah they still have it under personal property tax at a rate of 1.5% of book value, period!!!
We just recently had a local dealer broker a deal for us that involved trading in our 2001 Nordic Heat and purchasing a 2002 Nordic Flame out of Chicago. We did this to save sales tax by using the trade to knock down the delta purchase price.
Well beings our old boat’s registration expired in 2005 “I” had to pay approximately $600 in personal property tax; not the new owner. Then, because the registration from Illinois expired in 2005 also, guess what? I had to pay the personal property tax on that also at a mere $1200. I’m not talking about sales tax; property tax!!! The sales tax was a huge chunk but was at least expected.
Does it make sense?
F#@! NO it doesn’t make sense!!!!!
So, I speak with some of the state reps about where all this discriminating tax money goes hoping to hear that it goes towards Parks and Rec, ramps, facilities, etc… F-No, it all goes into the same pot that the real (home) property tax goes into.
I was told to consider it the same as paying the same amount of property tax on our home with one kid as the guy next door pays and has “ten” kids which is pretty common here. WTF!!!
They also have a law because of Powell that doesn’t fit BoatCops 51% category. If you boat in Utah waters more than 14 days a year you must register and pay the personal property taxes; period!! I’ll take my chances and pay the $75 fine because this will be the last year this F%$@ up state sees my boat money!!
If they just made it fair it would solve all of this BS!!!
Sorry for venting but I just happen to be in the midst of fighting this….
Later :cry: :cry: :devil: