PDA

View Full Version : Trailer wheel bearings?

Havasu_Jet_85
05-22-2005, 06:37 PM
Whats a good place to go to get wheel bearings and seals. Im in the I.E. thanks bryce

JetBoatRich
05-22-2005, 06:40 PM
Need it now :rolleyes: RV shops carry them :rolleyes:

Oldsquirt
05-22-2005, 06:41 PM
Any auto parts store or marine supply should have them. Just make it easy and take one hub apart and take the bearings and seal with you.

JetBoatRich
05-22-2005, 06:43 PM
Not a bad idea to keep a spare :rolleyes: while on the road :rolleyes:

Havasu_Jet_85
yeah have it all apart just seeing what everyone says to go for a good price.

Dr. Eagle
Any auto parts store or marine supply should have them. .
Even the Bayliner dealer... :supp: :D

OneFastOne164
05-22-2005, 06:44 PM
Whats a good place to go to get wheel bearings and seals. Im in the I.E. thanks bryce
I ueed to work for Rex marine, and Eddie marine and I say your best bet on wheel bearings would be..
Greens Trailer Supply
120 N Benson Av
Ontario Ca
(909) 983-1311

Havasu_Jet_85
05-22-2005, 06:47 PM
I ueed to work for Rex marine, and Eddie marine and I say your best bet on wheel bearings would be..
Greens Trailer Supply
120 N Benson Av
Ontario Ca
(909) 983-1311
ok ill try them...

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2005, 06:49 PM
Arrow Trailer Supplies in Ontario has almost everything.
For full service...try Riverside Hitch.

GHTRIM
05-22-2005, 06:51 PM
yeah have it all apart just seeing what everyone says to go for a good price.
The diff in price you are worried about is the least of you probs.... Make sure you install it right (or whom ever is installing) the parts cost should be the least of your worries.. Nobody wants an F'ed up axle... That's for sure... :cool: Been through one (1) myself and ended up replacing the axle. Its not cheap. Kachina Ken replaced the front axle on the boat / trailer he sold to me... Again, not cheap.... :cool:

Boatcop
05-22-2005, 06:56 PM
Most trailers nowadays have the part numbers for the bearings and seals on a sticker, somewhere on the trailer. Find this and you'll make it a whole lot easier to cross reference and get the right parts.

GHTRIM
05-22-2005, 06:58 PM
just remeber "WHEN IN DOUT-USE MORE LUBE"(did i spell that right?) :D :rollside:
Although too much will cause a bearing buddy to pop out while on the road... Then you can't put the boat in the water or the axle will fill with water.... My friend told me this it actually NEVER happened to me... :confused: Well, maybe once,, or twice... But I got it figuard out now... :cool:

phebus
05-22-2005, 07:03 PM
My trailer has dual axles, with big 8 lug hubs. I would like to get a replacement hub, and have bearings packed and ready to go. I have to somehow figure out what exact size hub it is, what size spindle it goes on, and then try to replace it. Do hubs usually have replacement numbers on them? I'd hate to break down on the way to Powell some day.

Desert Rat
05-22-2005, 07:44 PM
My trailer has dual axles, with big 8 lug hubs. I would like to get a replacement hub, and have bearings packed and ready to go. I have to somehow figure out what exact size hub it is, what size spindle it goes on, and then try to replace it. Do hubs usually have replacement numbers on them? I'd hate to break down on the way to Powell some day.
I know a few that have a spare hub like your talking about and made it into the spare carrier at the same time. two birds with one stone so to speak

Wicky
05-22-2005, 07:48 PM
The diff in price you are worried about is the least of you probs.... Make sure you install it right (or whom ever is installing) the parts cost should be the least of your worries.. Nobody wants an F'ed up axle... That's for sure... :cool: Been through one (1) myself and ended up replacing the axle. Its not cheap. Kachina Ken replaced the front axle on the boat / trailer he sold to me... Again, not cheap.... :cool:
Actually, if you do it yourself it's cheap. $90 bought me a new 3500lb torsion axle, new hubs, new bearings, cotter pins, axle nuts, and lug nuts. They even greased them up for me. The local trailer shop wanted $300 to do the job. Now I carry a spare hub too.

GHTRIM
05-22-2005, 07:51 PM
Actually, if you do it yourself it's cheap. $90 bought me a new 3500lb torsion axle, new hubs, new bearings, cotter pins, axle nuts, and lug nuts. They even greased them up for me. The local trailer shop wanted $300 to do the job.
Did I happen to mention that I'm an F'ing pussy and I'm affraid I'll F0ck it up??? I would rather blame someone else if it isn't right... :hammer2: I think it is the General Contractor in me.. "The less Liability, the better".. :D

Dr. Eagle
05-22-2005, 07:55 PM
just remeber "WHEN IN DOUT-USE MORE LUBE"(did i spell that right?) :D :rollside:
My motto too... never spare the KY er um uh... bearing grease... :jawdrop:

Havasu Hangin'
05-22-2005, 07:59 PM
Did I happen to mention that I'm an F'ing pussy and I'm affraid I'll F0ck it up??? I would rather blame someone else if it isn't right... :hammer2: I think it is the General Contractor in me.. "The less Liability, the better".. :D
I used to take that route...
...until your stuck in the middle of the desert with no customer service thinking, "I wish I could fix this crap." :squiggle:

Wicky
05-22-2005, 08:00 PM
:D :D That's how I feel about electricity!!!

Dr. Eagle
05-22-2005, 08:07 PM
...until your stuck in the middle of the desert with no customer service thinking, "I wish I could fix this crap." :squiggle:
Damn Subcontractors... just like them to leave you hanging out in the middle of no where... :wink:

termiteguy
05-22-2005, 08:08 PM
napa auto parts in needles have them learned the hardway 5 hours on side of the road f ed up the axel :hammerhea

Rexone
05-22-2005, 10:15 PM
I am new to the boating world, I just picked up an 18 ft 1986 Eagle with what was a Blown BBC and a panther jet, is there any trick stuff for that jet? jet?
hmmmm