PDA

View Full Version : USC Football problems

THOR
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
Does this happen every year with high profile programs?
Rape charges
Bush's parents staying in a "loaner" house by his agent
Bad news for the program

Waldo
04-27-2006, 05:06 PM
Happens about every 18 months for SC.

THOR
04-27-2006, 05:09 PM
I hope Sanchez isnt actually brought up on rape charges. This doesnt sound good.
Booty will be the starter. :cool:

Wavemaker
04-27-2006, 08:00 PM
Just my take on the various problems facing USC Football Program's problems...
There are many out there that hate USC and are willing to drag the program through the dirt & mud just to disrupt the USC efforts to win another Championship, at league or national levels.
The USC coaching staff have constantly informed their their players of the need for ethics and proper behavior on and off of the field of play. Still, some players get it into their heads they are above the other students as they are "student atheletes" and as part of a nationally known football program, they are "entitled" to some advantages or bending of the rules. Wrong! Stupid behavior is just that, stupidity. People (USC haters) are watching the players constantly, seeking to report any perceived wrong doing to the NCAA or the police (to get a police report, in public record), to sabatage the program and effect sanctions against the school's chances to reach successful seasons that end in bowl games which in turn mean large finacial windfalls.
Parents of some players, see their kid(s) as an opportunity to live a better life through the money the athelete will come into as a pro player. Can you say signing bonus? They will use their child's atheletic talent to bolster their own financial condition and lot in life.
Now the 2006 team players and the entire program are facing sure penalities and possible overturning of last year's victories due to mis-deeds of some of players within the program. Time for a real gut-check and time to take the ethics of a great football program to new levels of unquestionable entegrity. - Wavemaker (a Real USC Fan thru thick & thin times).

Wavemaker
04-29-2006, 04:37 PM
ShockwaveBob,
Really, "Erronious statement...-?" Please read the articles found in the Los Angeles Times, Sports sections Friday 4/28/2006 and Saturday 4/29/2006 (latimes.com/sports). They do mention possible sanctions against USC Football and includes possibility of forfeiture of 2005 Football wins if the investigation proves inappropriate behavior by a player or the the player's parents with regard to involvement with activies with agents or talent agencies representation. The NCAA, PAC 10 and USC are investgating Reggie Bush and his parents involvement with agaents and NewEra Talent Management. Let's just sit back and watch what the investigation reveals, shall we? I will hate to see USC Football penalized in any way over this issue.
As for my participation in this open forum, engaging my "typing hand before thinking..." accusasation, I choose to participate in this open forum at my own descression. I gave good thought to my message prior to typing my message using both hands. Perhaps my thinking and computer skills are more advanced than you imagine or are willing to consider? You certainly do not know me or, have any idea of my keyboard & computer skills. Practice your own preaching sir.
You are free to agree or disagree with message's viewpoint presented in this open forum. I will not participate in a flame session with you or anyone else just because you disagree the the viewpoint presented.
Respectfully,
Wavemaker

THOR
04-29-2006, 05:07 PM
I just want to know the real scoop if anyone has it. The Sanchez stuff is not good for him or the program.