PDA

View Full Version : Get the Message to the Regulators!

Essex502
05-23-2005, 11:40 AM
The indecency nazis are at it again. They are trying to introduce legislation to "control" indecency on cable and satelite TV just like they have done in over-the-air broadcasting. What this means is a loss of shows like The Sopranos, Deadwood, Six Feet Under, etc...that are allowed to broadcast just about whatever you and I as customers are willing to pay for. This might also mean the loss of the Spice Channel, Playboy and other adult oriented programming.
An industry organization has been setup to combat this intrusion into the pay TV realm and their website (http://www.televisionwatch.org) will give those of you interested in doing so a voice to express your feelings toward this intrusion. Many on this forum rant about less government controls and this is a way to make your wishes known. It might not accomplish much considering the well organized and well funded zealots that the Parents Television Council but it's a start. Check the website out and make your wishes known.

Essex502
05-24-2005, 09:31 AM
Looks like nobody on this forum cares about what they will be allowed to watch on TV....Little House on the Prairie for everyone.

OutCole'd
05-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Mike, I did not see this till just now. I hate this kind of BS. I will check out this site. Pretty soon, we will just be able to watch government sponsored news programs.

HM
05-24-2005, 09:38 AM
Don't watch t.v. much. Most of it is crap and polutes the mind. I would rather spend the time dodging taxes. :D

gnarley
05-24-2005, 09:40 AM
Sounds like the religous right trying to take control of other areas they should keep their noses out of, yet again. If they used the parental controls there would be no need for this but I guess there are some who want to legislate control for those who are just too lazy to do it themselves.

Dave C
05-24-2005, 09:41 AM
my thoughts exactly... I see we have a few things in common!
Don't watch t.v. much. Most of it is crap and polutes the mind. I would rather spend the time dodging taxes. :D

RiverDave
05-24-2005, 11:50 AM
I just saw this right now as well.. I'll look into it further when I get a chance later today.
RD

bigd1
05-24-2005, 12:03 PM
I guess they won't be happy untill it's all Benny Hinn all the time.

Essex502
05-25-2005, 08:15 AM
It's the religious zealots and the ultra conservatives. They aren't happy until they can control your life...

Essex502
05-25-2005, 08:16 AM
If any of you heard the uproar over the Paris Hilton Carl's Jr. ad - the same Parents Council and it's 1 million so-called members is the same organization that's pushing the FCC to regulate cable and satellite.

PHX ATC
05-25-2005, 08:33 AM
Hey, my daughter watches Little House on the Prairie, relax about that. :)

hotlavey
05-25-2005, 08:37 AM
It's the religious zealots and the ultra conservatives. They aren't happy until they can control your life...
Bullshit!!

Hustler
05-25-2005, 09:00 AM
I hate these people. If they want to control so much maybe they can come over and filter out the bad e-mail I get or wipe my ass to make sure it gets done right :rolleyes: IF YOU DONT LIKE IT, DONT WATCH IT :mad:

gnarley
05-25-2005, 03:29 PM
Isn't this the same group supporting Trent Lott?

Dribble
05-25-2005, 03:45 PM
Actually I had to quit watching Six Feet Under because it became a mediocre television show centered around a sausage fest.

Dr. Eagle
05-25-2005, 04:51 PM
Actually I had to quit watching Six Feet Under because it became a mediocre television show centered around a sauage fest.
Because of that I just emailed my regulators asking for Nazi like control of all media, even the Playboy Channel... :hammerhea

Nord
05-25-2005, 04:54 PM
I'm a Howard Stern fan, I"ve been following this also. They are doing this because he is going to satellite! :mad:

Dr. Eagle
05-25-2005, 04:56 PM
I'm a Howard Stern fan, I"ve been following this also. They are doing this because he is going to satellite! :mad:
I like Howard... but I think you give him too much credit. :squiggle:

Nord
05-25-2005, 05:08 PM
Strongest voting following on the planet! :idea:

HM
05-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Strongest voting following on the planet! :idea:
Where are his voters now?

Essex502
05-26-2005, 06:30 AM
I personally enjoy watch outstanding programming like the Sopranos and Deadwood. These will be lost if the Religious Conservatives get there way. Little House on the Prairie, Joan of Arcadia and others of the same genre will be our daily pablum.