PDA

View Full Version : Fun Vacations( Kid Friendly)

Waist Deep
05-24-2005, 02:20 PM
We're looking into booking our annual Thanksgiving vacation for 3 and are looking for ideas as to where to go besides doing repeats to :
Atlantis
Costa Rica
Negril
Hawaii
Mexico
All inclusive or not.
Thanks

pixilatedpussy
05-24-2005, 02:24 PM
We have been on quite a few family friendly trips with our boys for very reasonable prices!!!! :p Our boys go everywhere with us! In fact we are going to Cabo in October with 2 other families ( all inclusive is a must with kids!!!) My mom is a travel agent in Huntington ( that is where my hubby and I grew up. If you want her to hook you up PM me and I will be happy to pass her # on to ya!!! I am not bias, she is just very good at getting sweet deals! :p :p Tina

JB in so cal
05-24-2005, 02:34 PM
We're looking into booking our annual Thanksgiving vacation for 3 and are looking for ideas as to where to go besides doing repeats to :
Atlantis
Costa Rica
Negril
Hawaii
Mexico
All inclusive or not.
Thanks
No kids here, but the wifey and I just got back from Mexico - Los Cabos - Stayed at the RIU Palace; All inclusive, kids program, like 5 restaurants and, drum roll please............................................ .................................. :D
A booze dispenser in the room with Tequila, Vodka, Rum and Whiskey that's replaced every day; beers in the fridge, all bars in the joint - including the pool swim-up's.
Look into it. We paid $250/night.

Waist Deep
05-24-2005, 02:35 PM
Was that $125 each and were the rooms decent? We stayed at Fiesta Marina before and that was ok but not inclusive.
Thanks

tamalewagon
05-24-2005, 02:36 PM
How about Disney World? Talk about kid friendly! :D

pixilatedpussy
05-24-2005, 02:37 PM
No kids here, but the wifey and I just got back from Mexico - Los Cabos - Stayed at the RIU Palace; All inclusive, kids program, like 5 restaurants and, drum roll please............................................ .................................. :D
A booze dispenser in the room with Tequila, Vodka, Rum and Whiskey that's replaced every day; beers in the fridge, all bars in the joint - including the pool swim-up's.
Look into it. We paid $250/night.
We have other friends that stayed there!!!Heard it was rad!!!

JB in so cal
05-24-2005, 02:40 PM
Was that $125 each and were the rooms decent? We stayed at Fiesta Marina before and that was ok but not inclusive.
Thanks
$250 for the room - wed to fri nights. Each room also has a hide a bed couch, so you could get 4 to a room. No other expenses except tipping.

JB in so cal
05-24-2005, 02:42 PM
We have other friends that stayed there!!!Heard it was rad!!!
They have two pool-swim-up bars. One was going off more than the other. The cool aprt, I thought, was in the lunch-serving area; right next to the soda machine, were 2 very nice Corona taps... :)

OutCole'd
05-24-2005, 02:45 PM
We are doing a Club Med thing in Ixtapa, Mexico. looks like a great place for the kids. All sorts of things to do. All inclusive and all.

pixilatedpussy
05-24-2005, 02:45 PM
They have two pool-swim-up bars. One was going off more than the other. The cool aprt, I thought, was in the lunch-serving area; right next to the soda machine, were 2 very nice Corona taps... :)
Very Nice!!! I got the price of 1200.00 to stay for only 3 nights in Sept! :yuk: So we are now looking at some other properties! :)

JB in so cal
05-24-2005, 02:48 PM
Very Nice!!! I got the price of 1200.00 to stay for only 3 nights in Sept! :yuk: So we are now looking at some other properties! :)
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Holy crap!

pixilatedpussy
05-24-2005, 02:49 PM
I guess it depends on when ya go?????

JB in so cal
05-24-2005, 02:51 PM
Are you looking at Labor Day? I went through these guys. They specialize in Villas - private residences, etc and Resorts. They load up a little for their profit, but...
www.cabovillas.com

pixilatedpussy
05-24-2005, 02:53 PM
We changed our trip to Oct 4th now! Gotta be at the river for Labor Day!!!! ;)
Thanks for the info...My mom is hookin us up! :D

Flying Tiger
05-24-2005, 04:22 PM
Disney Cruise.

pixilatedpussy
05-24-2005, 08:09 PM
:jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
Holy crap!
Us girls narrowed it down to two properties!! Any info on either one? The Melia, and The Costa Real???? Both all inclusive, and babysitting!!!!OH YAH! :D
Hey 21 daytona.....any news yet???? Come with us instead :D

Mrs CP 19
05-24-2005, 08:59 PM
Zihjauntano Mexico. Around the corner from Ixtapa. Ixtapa is a beach with high rise hotels, very commercial. Zihja is an old fishing town. We rented a private home on the beach La madera beach, small bay.(3 bedroom, 2 bath) for a week for 1100.00.
If you like the touristy, commercial stuff, go to Ixtapa. Or stay about 15 mins away.
Belize is also great. 2nd largest barrier reef in the world, many cayes (islands) to stay on. Again lots of private rentals. On the mainland is the Jaguar preserve, howler monkey river, and many Aztec temples, sites. Both are great destinations if you are heading south. Both kid friendly. Have fun!

Waist Deep
05-25-2005, 04:08 AM
Pixilated, when are you guys going? Melia Playa in Costa Rica is awesome.

RiverOtter
05-25-2005, 04:36 AM
Atlantis
Costa Rica
Negril
Hawaii
Mexico
All inclusive or not.
Thanks
Thanksgiving at Disney World in FL is a blast! Also, only 15 minutes away is Universal which is also a blast.

a catered life
05-25-2005, 06:55 AM
dont do negril that time of the year that just at the end of hurricane season :cry: