PDA

View Full Version : Driving Directions to Havasu

BADBLOWN572
05-26-2005, 07:52 AM
Question, if you decide to go away from Rice Road on the holiday weekends, and go through Blythe, what exit do you take? Some people have said Mojave Dr (1) and some people have said to take the 95. Which one is faster and safer?

Havasu Hangin'
05-26-2005, 07:58 AM
Question, if you decide to go away from Rice Road on the holiday weekends, and go through Blythe, what exit do you take? Some people have said Mojave Dr (1) and some people have said to take the 95. Which one is faster and safer?
The first exit after you cross over the river- turn left. Make the right at the fork in the road, and you'll end up in Parker.

Mrs. Bordsmnj
05-26-2005, 08:06 AM
Its the Erinburgh exit and it says Parker too. :shift:

NOTALENT
05-26-2005, 08:09 AM
right by flying J's cant miss it take that Ehrenburg exit go left off of the off ramp till it dead ends @ mojave rd and go right till it dead ends by the chevy dealership and go left...then right on the 95... be cautious through there though..speed limit changes alot..from 35-50 very dark and the cops are hiding out. ;)

JB in so cal
05-26-2005, 08:19 AM
I believe it's EXIT 1. :notam:

Parker Dreamin
05-26-2005, 08:59 AM
If you want to stay on the 10 freeway
you take it all the way into the first exit in AZ, just after you cross the
river. There is a Flying J Truck Plaza at that off-ramp. When you get to the end
of the off-ramp go left. This will take you over the freeway and you will come
to a stop sign, there should be some place called River Lagoon, or something
like that, in front of you. Go rigth at the stop sign. You are now in the town
of Ehrenberg. The speed limit is 35 and YOU BETTER DO 35! The La Paz
County SD is real strict thru there from what I have been told.
Continue
on this road and you will eventually pass a sign on the right side of the road
that says "End County Road Maintenance", you have now officially crossed over
onto the reservation. This road is flat and wide. The speed limit is 55 but drops to 35 is some spots I
believe and you do need to watch out for the CRIT police. Continue on this road
for ~45 miles and you will come to a stop sign on the South end of Parker, the
Chevrolet dealership will be to your right. Go left at the Stop sign and contiue
up to the Arco, go right. From there you should all be able to figure out how to
get to wherever it is you are going in Parker or how to get up to
Havasu.

1Shockwaveguy
05-26-2005, 09:05 AM
Exactly what Parker Dreamin said. The exit off the 10 is called Erinburgh. Cops are real assholes on the reservation so be careful. Depending on what day and time you are leaving I usually go out the 40

Havasu_Dreamin
05-26-2005, 10:09 AM
If you want to stay on the 10 freeway
you take it all the way into the first exit in AZ, just after you cross the
river. There is a Flying J Truck Plaza at that off-ramp. When you get to the end
of the off-ramp go left. This will take you over the freeway and you will come
to a stop sign, there should be some place called River Lagoon, or something
like that, in front of you. Go rigth at the stop sign. You are now in the town
of Ehrenberg. The speed limit is 35 and YOU BETTER DO 35! The La Paz
County SD is real strict thru there from what I have been told.
Continue
on this road and you will eventually pass a sign on the right side of the road
that says "End County Road Maintenance", you have now officially crossed over
onto the reservation. This road is flat and wide. The speed limit is 55 but drops to 35 is some spots I
believe and you do need to watch out for the CRIT police. Continue on this road
for ~45 miles and you will come to a stop sign on the South end of Parker, the
Chevrolet dealership will be to your right. Go left at the Stop sign and contiue
up to the Arco, go right. From there you should all be able to figure out how to
get to wherever it is you are going in Parker or how to get up to
Havasu.
That looks to be exactly verbatim what I sent to you when you asked. :D You learn well grasshopper.

ColeTR1
05-26-2005, 10:16 AM
I usually go out the 40
15 to the 40 is the the best way to have-a-zoo! ;)

HM
05-26-2005, 10:16 AM
Exactly what Parker Dreamin said. The exit off the 10 is called Erinburgh. Cops are real assholes on the reservation so be careful. Depending on what day and time you are leaving I usually go out the 40
If the cops were real assholes on Rice Road, there would be no reason to go via Erinburgh. :idea:

barbigrl
05-26-2005, 10:22 AM
Danny, what time are you leaving tonight???

Excessive Force
05-26-2005, 10:32 AM
35 mph thru CRIT land, no thanks, id take the 95 az side

NOTALENT
05-26-2005, 10:33 AM
35 mph thru CRIT land, no thanks, id take the 95 az side
its only for a a minute or so..alot safer...well worth it.

Parker Dreamin
05-26-2005, 01:30 PM
That looks to be exactly verbatim what I sent to you when you asked. :D You learn well grasshopper.
Funny you caught that... I copied and pasted it to my puter when you posted it way back when. I guess I should have put it in quotes.
So that is from Havasu Dreamin-- he gets the credit.

THOR
05-26-2005, 02:30 PM
When you come to the fork in the road; take it.

Mandelon
05-26-2005, 04:41 PM
If you don't want to worry about the CRIT police stay on 10 to Quartzite and go north on the AZ 95. Its a wider road, with nothing on it. It is about 20 miles longer though....

jbtrailerjim
05-26-2005, 05:07 PM
Knock on wood but I have never had a problem with the C.R.I.T. police and I have been going this way for years. I just set the cruise control at around 64 or 65 and they've never bothered me. Just make sure you slow down in the 3 places it is posted "35". The first 35 zone is right at the beginning in Ehrenberg for maybe a couple miles. The second is a little over half way down the highway in CRIT and it's only about a 1/4 mile long. The last one is right before you get into Parker for a few miles.
Going this way is much safer than Rice Rd. and its only about 15 minutes further.

Parker Dreamin
05-26-2005, 06:19 PM
Knock on wood but I have never had a problem with the C.R.I.T. police and I have been going this way for years. I just set the cruise control at around 64 or 65 and they've never bothered me. Just make sure you slow down in the 3 places it is posted "35". The first 35 zone is right at the beginning in Ehrenberg for maybe a couple miles. The second is a little over half way down the highway in CRIT and it's only about a 1/4 mile long. The last one is right before you get into Parker for a few miles.
Going this way is much safer than Rice Rd. and its only about 15 minutes further.
I agree bud.. Knock on wood for me too. I have actually never even seen a LE on this stretch either way, I have driven it about 10 different times.

Mandelon
05-26-2005, 06:24 PM
The last time we came this way it was just about dark.....the bugs were out in major force. I had to pull over and clean the windshield twice. The oncoming headlights made it like driving with a kaleidescope over my eyes!! :messedup:

Sleek-Jet
05-26-2005, 06:29 PM
Like Mandelon said... if all else fails, go to Quartzite and turn left, there are signs to show you the way...

Havasu Hangin'
05-26-2005, 06:43 PM
The oncoming headlights made it like driving with a kaleidescope over my eyes!! :messedup:
Check out the big brain on Mandy (http://www.moviewavs.com/0056218974/WAVS/Movies/Pulp_Fiction/bigbrain.wav)...
:D

Mandelon
05-26-2005, 06:48 PM
HH, master of the WAV's..... :D

cc322
05-26-2005, 09:33 PM
That is the way we go

jbtrailerjim
05-27-2005, 05:16 AM
The last time we came this way it was just about dark.....the bugs were out in major force. I had to pull over and clean the windshield twice. The oncoming headlights made it like driving with a kaleidescope over my eyes!! :messedup:
The bugs are really bad this time of year going through there. I still got them plastered all over the front of my truck from last weekends trip. :messedup: Gotta wash that thing this weekend. :D