PDA

View Full Version : Need ideas for my trailer

72 Hondo
05-26-2005, 12:22 PM
I have Hondo flat, The trailer is aged badly. I want to see picures of your trailers and how you did sertain things like mounting fenders, bunks and, over all little custom things that you guys did. Most of you guys have some really trick Ideas and I NEED A PLAN.....
Thanks, :D

Boatmike
05-26-2005, 05:34 PM
Here are some before and after pics of what I did to mine.
Before
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/753Picture_032-med.jpg
After
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/524/753Picture_079-med.jpg

Kindsvater Flat
05-26-2005, 08:39 PM
Nothing special other than led's all over it.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/cfw/6.JPG

72 Hondo
05-26-2005, 10:24 PM
The steps are cut off the trailer. I would like to attach the fenders to the axels somehow so they move with the wheels that way I chould have 1in. or less between the tire and the fender. Do you guys know of any kits or someone who has done this?
Thanks, for responding :D

BILLY.B
05-27-2005, 12:41 AM
The steps are cut off the trailer. I would like to attach the fenders to the axels somehow so they move with the wheels that way I chould have 1in. or less between the tire and the fender. Do you guys know of any kits or someone who has done this?
Thanks, for responding :D What in GODS green earth are you smoking???? :D . The best way to achieve what your trying to do is just like Mike's trailer (after photo). Whenever i've mounted fenders and wanted to get the tire stuffed up inside so it looked "COOL" I had the boat loaded on the trailer and then i'd rest a 2x4 flat on top of the tires and then rest the fender on top of them and mount the fender off of that. Never had an issue and the trailer looked lowered. If Dossangers has a pic of his trailer it will give you an idea of what i'm talking about. His has steps but you'll get the idea. Now on Mike's "after" shot you can see the angle that is bolted to the frame and it should have three supports that come of that angle that attach the steel plate in which the fender attaches too. You'd have to put the wheels and tires on the trailer to get the correct measurement (height wise) so the steel plate was tall enough to grab the lip of the fender so as to attach the fender to it and still get the look your looking for. Now that i've confused myself :hammer2: i'll stop. Hope this helps you out. :D

LVjetboy
05-27-2005, 01:06 AM
You may want to think about this...
Trailer Trauma (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80059)
jer

cole13
05-27-2005, 06:21 AM
This is mine, not a flat, but it gets a lot of compliments!!
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/2524DSC00136.JPG

GofastRacer
05-27-2005, 06:34 AM
Not a close up but you can get the idea!..
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/12s_Boat_3.jpg

Floored
05-27-2005, 06:49 AM
Which part of TOOOOO Bitchin is that combo. The Bar has been raised!!! :D

72 Hondo
05-27-2005, 01:36 PM
What in GODS green earth are you smoking???? :D . The best way to achieve what your trying to do is just like Mike's trailer (after photo). Whenever i've mounted fenders and wanted to get the tire stuffed up inside so it looked "COOL" I had the boat loaded on the trailer and then i'd rest a 2x4 flat on top of the tires and then rest the fender on top of them and mount the fender off of that. Never had an issue and the trailer looked lowered. If Dossangers has a pic of his trailer it will give you an idea of what i'm talking about. His has steps but you'll get the idea. Now on Mike's "after" shot you can see the angle that is bolted to the frame and it should have three supports that come of that angle that attach the steel plate in which the fender attaches too. You'd have to put the wheels and tires on the trailer to get the correct measurement (height wise) so the steel plate was tall enough to grab the lip of the fender so as to attach the fender to it and still get the look your looking for. Now that i've confused myself :hammer2: i'll stop. Hope this helps you out. :D
Billy now you have confused the hell out of me :mix:
Everyone has nice trailers but what I THINK what I want is somewhere between Mikes and gofast, clean and simple(Mikes) with some flash(gofast) and try to hold some of the nostalgic look of the 70´s. I think I will stick with Billy´s idea about the 2x4 concidering my wheels are about 1½ inches or less from the cradle for the springs and I didnt think about the fender twisting. but no matter how good the plan is it always gets changed mid-stream but I´ll never admit it! Billy you have a good idea and I´m stick´in with it...I have 7 months to get this plan together and 3 months too attack it so I have plenty of time too get it right (I HOPE) :confused:
Thanks again guys!!!

72 Hondo
05-27-2005, 01:38 PM
Which part of TOOOOO Bitchin is that combo. The Bar has been raised!!! :D
AMEN TOO THAT!!

72 Hondo
05-27-2005, 01:41 PM
You may want to think about this...
Trailer Trauma (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80059)
jer
THAT SUCKS!! I´m going to remember that one...

72 Hondo
05-27-2005, 01:45 PM
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/cfw/6.JPG
How do the LED´s look in day vs. night an do you have any trouble with them when they get wet?

dmontzsta
05-27-2005, 02:08 PM
I used to care about my trailer...then repo man told me "What does my trailer look like?" I replied "I dont know". He said "Exactly, when the boat is off the trailer knowone really gives a shit, as long as the boat is nice." Wayne's is an exception, that whole package is slick as hell.

dossangers
05-27-2005, 02:40 PM
The key is to get wide fenders so the tire will tuck up nice i used 10'' wide with 8'' wide rims and like billy said 2x4 6'' long on top of the tire and line the whole thing up http://www.ntrplus.com/bn/needles/k50-10.jpg

72 Hondo
05-27-2005, 02:55 PM
I used to care about my trailer...then repo man told me "What does my trailer look like?" I replied "I dont know". He said "Exactly, when the boat is off the trailer knowone really gives a shit, as long as the boat is nice." Wayne's is an exception, that whole package is slick as hell.
I just want it all as one package because, I have to look at it. I almost had to BEG my dad for a set of E.T. Drag 5 spoke mags that he had in the garage for about 20 years. I could of bought tork thrust II´s but, these wheels are bitchin and fit the time frame. So I have to gather the info and take the time to do it right. :D

72 Hondo
05-27-2005, 03:02 PM
The key is to get wide fenders so the tire will tuck up nice i used 10'' wide with 8'' wide rims and like billy said 2x4 6'' long on top of the tire and line the whole thing up http://www.ntrplus.com/bn/needles/k50-10.jpg
That is trick! I´m starting to re-think this whole step idea, maybe it was a mistake to cut them off because, I havent seen any trailers in the early 70´s without steps and it would be a whole lot easier to mount the fenders. My fenders are also 10" and the rims are 7" which I explained to dmon I didnt have too much of a choice with the wheels so I will go a little bigger on the tire given stability.

72 Hondo
05-27-2005, 03:14 PM
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/cfw/6.JPGJust to mention Jeff and Tracy have probably seen this but, your boat looks alot like one that used to be in a backyard on Star in Havasu. Just thought I would ask...

Kindsvater Flat
05-27-2005, 04:03 PM
Well my boat has never been out of northern ca so I know it wasn't at havasu. But the led's work great. They are completely sealed and all have waterproof connectors. All connections were soldered with shrink tube with sealer in it. I shouldn't have any problems for a long time.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/plate.JPG

coolchange
05-27-2005, 04:06 PM
That is trick! I´m starting to re-think this whole step idea, maybe it was a mistake to cut them off because, I havent seen any trailers in the early 70´s without steps and it would be a whole lot easier to mount the fenders. My fenders are also 10" and the rims are 7" which I explained to dmon I didnt have too much of a choice with the wheels so I will go a little bigger on the tire given stability.
70's are when they started to disappear. To my knowledge Ellis started this(but I'm prolly wrong). A nice compromise is to make a small step out of 2x4 or similar size tube. Cut the end at about a 35* angle and recess the light into the tube. Makes it easy to hang the fender and yo don't usually have people trying to use it as a step and jackin it up.
BTW-more people see your boat on the trailer than off...

dmontzsta
05-27-2005, 05:31 PM
Here is a question I need to throw in this thread.
Anyone know where to get trailer tires or wheels? All the tire stores have gay wheels. I have 13" and was thinking of going with 14s or 15s. Thanks.

wsuwrhr
05-27-2005, 05:49 PM
Well my boat has never been out of northern ca so I know it wasn't at havasu. But the led's work great. They are completely sealed and all have waterproof connectors. All connections were soldered with shrink tube with sealer in it. I shouldn't have any problems for a long time.
http://www.schoutenranch.com/miscboat/plate.JPG
Nice frame.
Brian

steelcomp
05-27-2005, 06:03 PM
This is more toward the practical issues of redoing a trailer, but I thought it might apply. When, and if you have your spring packs apart, it dosent hurt to clean them real good...wire brush or blast off the old rusty scales, and get them clean again. I sprayed mine with Rustoleum primer before I painted them...which only lasts a little while anyway, but helps slow down the rust. Also go through and rebuild your pivots. Replace the nylon bushings around the pivot bolts, and grease them up with marine grease. The best shackles I've seen are the ones with the grease zerts in the bolts...these should be greased on a regular basis, just like your wheel bearings (if you don't have bearing buddys). Your springs and shackles and pivots need to be able to move freely so they don't bind. If they can't, then the spring can't do it's job. Granted, most trailers are over-sprung anyway, since they have no shocks, but if the springs are full of crap, and the pivots and shackles are rusty and dirty, then things are going to be a lot stiffer and less forgiving. Another thing that really helps is to get your trailer tires and wheels balanced, just like your car. Another mistake is to use a regular nut and lockwasher on the pivot bolts. No no no. You need to replace the self locking nut on the pivot bolts (replace the whole bolt if it's worn too badly) and not over tighten them. This can also cause binding of the spring. Don't use nyloks here, either, use the deformed style all metal locking nut. All these things can add up if you don't pay attention to them, and if your trailer is old and worn out, chances are so is the suspension.

GofastRacer
05-27-2005, 06:42 PM
This is more toward the practical issues of redoing a trailer, but I thought it might apply. When, and if you have your spring packs apart, it dosent hurt to clean them real good...wire brush or blast off the old rusty scales, and get them clean again. I sprayed mine with Rustoleum primer before I painted them...which only lasts a little while anyway, but helps slow down the rust. Also go through and rebuild your pivots. Replace the nylon bushings around the pivot bolts, and grease them up with marine grease. The best shackles I've seen are the ones with the grease zerts in the bolts...these should be greased on a regular basis, just like your wheel bearings (if you don't have bearing buddys). Your springs and shackles and pivots need to be able to move freely so they don't bind. If they can't, then the spring can't do it's job. Granted, most trailers are over-sprung anyway, since they have no shocks, but if the springs are full of crap, and the pivots and shackles are rusty and dirty, then things are going to be a lot stiffer and less forgiving. Another thing that really helps is to get your trailer tires and wheels balanced, just like your car. Another mistake is to use a regular nut and lockwasher on the pivot bolts. No no no. You need to replace the self locking nut on the pivot bolts (replace the whole bolt if it's worn too badly) and not over tighten them. This can also cause binding of the spring. Don't use nyloks here, either, use the deformed style all metal locking nut. All these things can add up if you don't pay attention to them, and if your trailer is old and worn out, chances are so is the suspension.
To add to this, if you run Bearing Buddies you better make sure the wheels are balanced and the bearings are not loose or you "WILL" shuck the Bearing Buddies!.. Been there done that!.. :mad:

steelcomp
05-27-2005, 06:51 PM
If you already have steps on your trailer, you're going to have a hard rime setting your fenders anywhere but where they'll go. They don't flex a whole lot as I found out. I bought my frnders as replacement from Competitive, and found that if I set them any lower, there was a gap between the step and the fender (because of the rsdius of the fender) and they wouldn't go any higher. So this is where they stayed. I would have to have modifyed my steps to install wider fenders, as well, so I just went with stock 8". I was on a budget and wanted clean, but not expensive. I was also stuck with the offset these chrome rims had, and I had to rey three different tires to get the fender filled, but not too wide as to stick out. All in all, I did reach my goal. I get e lot of compliments on my trailer, I think because I took the time to get things balanced and proportional, but I didn't have to spend a lot of $. I also like the taller aspect ratio tires for clearance...I shore launch when ever I can, and it also helps in and out of driveways. IMO, trailers need to look cool, but need to function, too. :coffeycup
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1729boat-trailer_ming04.jpg

steelcomp
05-27-2005, 06:53 PM
To add to this, if you run Bearing Buddies you better make sure the wheels are balanced and the bearings are not loose or you "WILL" shuck the Bearing Buddies!.. Been there done that!.. :mad:
OOPS! :confused: :D

steelcomp
05-27-2005, 06:57 PM
Here's another idea...removable wiring connector. Unplug it when launching and retrieving. (sorry about the big pic)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1729boweye1.jpg

GofastRacer
05-27-2005, 07:26 PM
Here's another idea...removable wiring connector. Unplug it when launching and retrieving. (sorry about the big pic)
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/521/1729boweye1.jpg
Looks like that's a Competitive like mine with the best hitch there ever was made, I have the same plug deal, only way to go!.. :cool:

steelcomp
05-27-2005, 07:44 PM
That it is!! Does yours have the bar forward-mounted like this?? So far, this is the only one I've seen. I kinda like it.

wsuwrhr
05-27-2005, 07:47 PM
Trailer lights?
What the hell are those for?
Brian

Kindsvater Flat
05-27-2005, 07:50 PM
Nice frame.
Brian
Some dick way over charged me on it. :D
Can you come and buff on it for me?

wsuwrhr
05-27-2005, 07:53 PM
Laughs.
Probably knew you had a Dodge, and he figured you could afford it.
Brian

wsuwrhr
05-27-2005, 07:54 PM
Can you come and buff on it for me?
We are talking about the frame right? :hammer2: :hammer2:
Wanting to make CFW, will that do?
Brian

GofastRacer
05-27-2005, 07:54 PM
That it is!! Does yours have the bar forward-mounted like this?? So far, this is the only one I've seen. I kinda like it.
Nope never seen that before, in fact I was wondering if that was factory or a modification??. I don't think I'd want that, to me if you had to come to a quick stop at speed, it looks to me that the boat would slide forward lifting the bow??????.. :confused:

Kindsvater Flat
05-27-2005, 07:55 PM
Sure that will work Brian.

wsuwrhr
05-27-2005, 07:59 PM
Sure that will work Brian.
You aren't helping me any letting it go to pasture. haha
Looks like I got to keep up the bling.
What's going on with the blower motor? Haven't heard anything recently.
Brian

Kindsvater Flat
05-27-2005, 08:02 PM
Parts are being made, Parts are being shipped. Hopefully I will start putting it together soon. I would like to have it done and in by labor day. Scoop is at the painters now.

wsuwrhr
05-27-2005, 08:04 PM
Parts are being made, Parts are being shipped. Hopefully I will start putting it together soon. I would like to have it done and in by labor day. Scoop is at the painters now.
Good,
I just hadn't heard anything.
I am still waiting on pistons for the iron motor. I am trying to get ONE of them together somehow.
Brian

Cs19
05-27-2005, 08:08 PM
Dossanger's trailer is very nice.

steelcomp
05-27-2005, 08:09 PM
Nope never seen that before, in fact I was wondering if that was factory or a modification??. I don't think I'd want that, to me if you had to come to a quick stop at speed, it looks to me that the boat would slide forward lifting the bow??????.. :confused:
I can easily keep that from happening, but there's no way this thing's coming off the back of the trailer. I hear too many stories (see Just Jets) about boats flopping the bar over when being taken out of the water. I've had to stop real short a couple times and it's never moved. I have it strapped at the rear as well. I don't know if this is factory, but it's the way I got it. :D

GofastRacer
05-27-2005, 08:18 PM
I can easily keep that from happening, but there's no way this thing's coming off the back of the trailer. I hear too many stories (see Just Jets) about boats flopping the bar over when being taken out of the water. I've had to stop real short a couple times and it's never moved. I have it strapped at the rear as well. I don't know if this is factory, but it's the way I got it. :D
I'm sure it's been changed but if it's tyed at the back shouldn't be a problem!.. Yeah I've seen boats flopping the bar over before but if you look at the way they are, you may as well not have any at all it's all geometry, I see so many that are so short that it's amazing that they can even pull out of the water on a shallow ramp!... :rolleyes:

steelcomp
05-27-2005, 08:31 PM
I'm sure it's been changed but if it's tyed at the back shouldn't be a problem!.. Yeah I've seen boats flopping the bar over before but if you look at the way they are, you may as well not have any at all it's all geometry, I see so many that are so short that it's amazing that they can even pull out of the water on a shallow ramp!... :rolleyes:
Yep. This one would have to get pretty tall before it flopped over. I'm going to attach a small length of chain from the center rail of the trailer to the bow eye. That way it can't go anywhere. JIC. :cool:

GofastRacer
05-27-2005, 08:56 PM
Yep. This one would have to get pretty tall before it flopped over. I'm going to attach a small length of chain from the center rail of the trailer to the bow eye. That way it can't go anywhere. JIC. :cool:
Just don't make it tight, leave a little slack for movement on the trailer or you'll be breaking stuff(like I did, learn the fkn hard way).. :rolleyes:

steelcomp
05-27-2005, 09:03 PM
Just don't make it tight, leave a little slack for movement on the trailer or you'll be breaking stuff(like I did, learn the fkn hard way).. :rolleyes:
Thanks...I'll definately remember that! :idea:

Cs19
05-27-2005, 09:49 PM
Steel, my competitive is done the same way, they did it that way, if the rear is tied down, it should be ok. i tie the front down too though..

72 Hondo
05-28-2005, 12:34 AM
Looks like that's a Competitive like mine with the best hitch there ever was made, I have the same plug deal, only way to go!.. :cool:
I have the same hitch on mine also but, I´m not sure who made mine. As soon as I get some pics I´ll post them.

72 Hondo
05-28-2005, 12:44 AM
70's are when they started to disappear. To my knowledge Ellis started this(but I'm prolly wrong). A nice compromise is to make a small step out of 2x4 or similar size tube. Cut the end at about a 35* angle and recess the light into the tube. Makes it easy to hang the fender and yo don't usually have people trying to use it as a step and jackin it up.
BTW-more people see your boat on the trailer than off...
Another good idea, make them as small as possible :D
Hopefully my boat wont be on the trailer that much, from what I here dmontzsta boat never sees the trailer unless its coming in or going home.

GofastRacer
05-28-2005, 05:42 AM
I have the same hitch on mine also but, I´m not sure who made mine. As soon as I get some pics I´ll post them.
Only one guy made those hitches and he quit making them in the late 80's!..

steelcomp
05-28-2005, 06:58 AM
Steel, my competitive is done the same way, they did it that way, if the rear is tied down, it should be ok. i tie the front down too though..
Well, there ya go! Thanks CS. :D

05-28-2005, 07:51 AM
The cool looking wheels/tires are fine if you stay close to your trailer all the time when your boat is in the water but if you leave it alone for the day someone might like your wheels and tires too. Nothing worse than wanting to pull your boat out of the water and find your trailer laying on the ground and your new billet wheels and tires gone. :cry:

72 Hondo
05-28-2005, 11:09 AM
The cool looking wheels/tires are fine if you stay close to your trailer all the time when your boat is in the water but if you leave it alone for the day someone might like your wheels and tires too. Nothing worse than wanting to pull your boat out of the water and find your trailer laying on the ground and your new billet wheels and tires gone. :cry:
That would suck badly!! :cry:

72 Hondo
05-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Only one guy made those hitches and he quit making them in the late 80's!..
Was he only selling to competitive?

GofastRacer
05-28-2005, 07:57 PM
Was he only selling to competitive?
Good question, he may have sold to others but I don't remember seing that hitch on any other trailer than Competitive????...

72 Hondo
05-28-2005, 08:21 PM
Good question, he may have sold to others but I don't remember seing that hitch on any other trailer than Competitive????...
So maybe theres a good chance that mine is competitive but, I dont have the plug in the tounge and the back of the trailer is squared off by the lights and flush with the plates insted of rounded. As for everthing else looks the same.

GofastRacer
05-28-2005, 08:30 PM
So maybe theres a good chance that mine is competitive but, I dont have the plug in the tounge and the back of the trailer is squared off by the lights and flush with the plates insted of rounded. As for everthing else looks the same.
What year is your trailer???... You got pics??

72 Hondo
05-28-2005, 08:34 PM
What year is your trailer???... You got pics??
I think it is a ´71 and I should have the pictures in about week. My dad is digging them out of the garage from boxes.

GofastRacer
05-28-2005, 08:48 PM
I think it is a ´71 and I should have the pictures in about week. My dad is digging them out of the garage from boxes.
I bought mine in 85 new, maybe they were different then??.. I'll take a pic of mine in the morning!..

72 Hondo
05-28-2005, 08:56 PM
I bought mine in 85 new, maybe they were different then??.. I'll take a pic of mine in the morning!..
Thanks, Ill try to get my pics as soon as possible its just hard to do when your ½ way around the world.

GofastRacer
05-28-2005, 09:09 PM
Thanks, Ill try to get my pics as soon as possible its just hard to do when your ½ way around the world.
Yeah no shit huh!, LOL.. :D

BOAT ANCHOR
05-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Besides Completive Trailers, that style of hitch was also used by Pete Giroux (Giroux Engineering, Canoga Park, Ca.), by Bob Ellis (Ellis Custom Trailers, Sylmar, Ca.), by Ed Wills (Mr. Ed Custom Trailers, Fresno, Ca.), and by VM Trailers, Fresno, Ca. from the early 70's into the 80's.Bob Ellis is rumored to have a few of them left. According to Pete Giroux that style of hitch was used on fertilizer equipment towed behind tractors to maintain golf courses.

steelcomp
05-28-2005, 10:01 PM
I had a 72 Sanger flat (boat's gone now) with a trailer that has that style hitch. I still have the trailer. Don't know anything about it except that it has 67 Camaro tail lights, and is made from good ol' heavy steel channel. It could be made into a flat bed no problem.

Rexone
05-28-2005, 10:55 PM
What in GODS green earth are you smoking???? :D .
72 hondo I'm just going to take a guess here that Billy didn't think much of your original idea :confused:

72 Hondo
05-29-2005, 02:39 AM
Yeah no shit huh!, LOL.. :D
Ill be back soon, by Jan.15 give or take a week. These boards are as close to a garage as I can get right now. :hammerhea

72 Hondo
05-29-2005, 02:44 AM
72 hondo I'm just going to take a guess here that Billy didn't think much of your original idea :confused:
He is gettin a little wild isnt he.....

72 Hondo
05-29-2005, 02:50 AM
Besides Completive Trailers, that style of hitch was also used by Pete Giroux (Giroux Engineering, Canoga Park, Ca.), by Bob Ellis (Ellis Custom Trailers, Sylmar, Ca.), by Ed Wills (Mr. Ed Custom Trailers, Fresno, Ca.), and by VM Trailers, Fresno, Ca. from the early 70's into the 80's.Bob Ellis is rumored to have a few of them left. According to Pete Giroux that style of hitch was used on fertilizer equipment towed behind tractors to maintain golf courses.
FERTILIZER EQUIPMENT?!

72 Hondo
05-29-2005, 02:51 AM
I had a 72 Sanger flat (boat's gone now) with a trailer that has that style hitch. I still have the trailer. Don't know anything about it except that it has 67 Camaro tail lights, and is made from good ol' heavy steel channel. It could be made into a flat bed no problem.
Sounds like a good way to put it too use.

GofastRacer
05-29-2005, 06:30 AM
Well guess I didn't pay too much attention to trailers back then,.LOL. All I know is in the early 90's I tried to find one, called every friggin trailer outfit and couldn't get one, Competitive told me if I found some they'd buy as many as they could get, the dude that was making them retired or something!..

wsuwrhr
05-29-2005, 08:08 AM
Well guess I didn't pay too much attention to trailers back then,.LOL. All I know is in the early 90's I tried to find one, called every friggin trailer outfit and couldn't get one, Competitive told me if I found some they'd buy as many as they could get, the dude that was making them retired or something!..
If that is what they are taking about, I just may know a guy who would make some. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I know of one on a Hondo boat trailer that could be for sale also....
Brian

Monkey Bung
05-29-2005, 09:08 AM
Thats no fcking joke. It happend to my dad and I at Lake Mead in the middle of nowhere. Fcking thieves! :yuk:

steelcomp
05-29-2005, 09:29 AM
Sounds like a good way to put it too use.
You'd be glad to have this trailer. It's solid, well made, and a whole lot better than the flexy flyer POS trailers made now days...in my NEVER to be humble opinion. :D

steelcomp
05-29-2005, 09:32 AM
If that is what they are taking about, I just may know a guy who would make some. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I know of on on a Hondo boat trailer that could be for sale also....
Brian
I would bet thet the front piece of that hitch is a forging.

wsuwrhr
05-29-2005, 09:47 AM
Thats no fcking joke. It happend to my dad and I at Lake Mead in the middle of nowhere. Fcking thieves! :yuk:
The shitty thing about Mead is it is in the middle of nowhere, and the parking lot is HUGE!!! OUt of site and out of mind.
Anytime I leave my trailer out, I try and keept it close to the front as possible. I don't think they have any security at night either.
Brian

wsuwrhr
05-29-2005, 09:51 AM
Last time we we there for the whole weekend I chained through the wheels and the trailer.
Brian

72 Hondo
05-29-2005, 11:33 AM
You'd be glad to have this trailer. It's solid, well made, and a whole lot better than the flexy flyer POS trailers made now days...in my NEVER to be humble opinion. :D
My whole trailer is rectangle tubing, Very solid and light weight. Im just waiting for the pics so I can post them, I want to know what it is.

72 Hondo
05-29-2005, 11:48 AM
Last time we we there for the whole weekend I chained through the wheels and the trailer.
Brian
Dads got a bitchin machine shop in Lake Elsinore, Im triing to design a set of locks that the Snap-on lock remover cant even come close to getting off. Ive made one lock in a machine shop at CAT and Im going to try to get it off with the tool if Snap-on will get the lead out and deliver it! Notice that there always there for the payment but, never there with the order. Well atleast here...

GofastRacer
05-29-2005, 01:42 PM
Ok got a couple of pics of mine here!..
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/12Front.jpg
The rear!..
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/12Back.jpg
This is who made this hitch!.
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/12MFG1.jpg
In Fresno!..
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/12MFG2.jpg

GofastRacer
05-29-2005, 01:43 PM
I know of on on a Hondo boat trailer that could be for sale also....
Brian
I'll take a couple(seriously)!.. :D

GofastRacer
05-29-2005, 01:45 PM
I would bet thet the front piece of that hitch is a forging.
Yes it is, says so on the front "Drop Forged"!.. ;)

wsuwrhr
05-29-2005, 02:20 PM
When I first bought my boat I was telling Billy I was taking the hitch off and replacing it with something modern, he looked at me like I had lost my mind :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I still don't see what is great about them, but what do I know, I run Dodges.
Brian
I will be calling competitive Tuesday to see if they are serious.

GofastRacer
05-30-2005, 05:51 AM
When I first bought my boat I was telling Billy I was taking the hitch off and replacing it with something modern, he looked at me liek I had lost my mind :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop: :jawdrop:
I would have done the same thing!.. :D :D

olbiezer
05-30-2005, 06:13 AM
art......cant beleave yopur trailer is not anodized.......what gives lol :confused:

GofastRacer
05-30-2005, 06:28 AM
art......cant beleave yopur trailer is not anodized.......what gives lol :confused:
It's not aluminum!. :D

Hud
05-30-2005, 06:49 AM
Heres some photos Scott send for you!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119MVC-007F.jpg

Hud
05-30-2005, 06:51 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119MVC-008F.jpg

Hud
05-30-2005, 06:53 AM
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119MVC-010F.jpg

GofastRacer
05-30-2005, 06:59 AM
Heres some photos Scott send for you!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/500/119MVC-007F.jpg
Now that's different!..

wsuwrhr
05-30-2005, 07:39 AM
It's not aluminum!. :D
CA'MON
Brian

V-DRIVE VIDEO
05-30-2005, 01:52 PM
10 in wide ss fenders on 15 X 8 wheels. Spaced with a 2X4 like Billy recomended. Phatt is where its at!! :cool:
http://www.v-drivevideo.com/jerrysgallery/albums/userpics/10001/Fender%202.JPG

dossangers
05-30-2005, 03:13 PM
O K heres the KING of FAT!!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/1673BILLY.jpg

BILLY.B
05-30-2005, 07:48 PM
O K heres the KING of FAT!!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/1673BILLY.jpg God I miss that trailer!!!!. But I don't miss the sore back leaning over the fenders to run valves. Keep in mind this was 1984.

GofastRacer
05-30-2005, 07:53 PM
I remember that!... :D

Kindsvater Flat
05-30-2005, 07:55 PM
How long have you had your boat Billy or is that a different one?

BILLY.B
05-30-2005, 08:03 PM
How long have you had your boat Billy or is that a different one? Different boat. This one set the Can-am (pro stock) record up in Canada a couple of years ago.

wsuwrhr
05-30-2005, 08:10 PM
I miss that trailer!!!!. But I don't miss the sore back leaning over the fenders to run valves. Keep in mind this was 1984.
Baldy here,
Hey big buddy Earl,
Just curious about the sore back deal, was the trailer really that wide?
:argue: :argue:
Brian

Kindsvater Flat
05-30-2005, 08:22 PM
Different boat. This one set the Can-am (pro stock) record up in Canada a couple of years ago.
So it took an american boat to set a canadian record.... hmmm. Ok.:D

wsuwrhr
05-30-2005, 08:23 PM
So it took an american boat to set a canadian record.... hmmm. Ok.:D
Kim's gonna be pissed......
Brian

GofastRacer
05-30-2005, 08:27 PM
Kim's gonna be pissed......
Brian
Oh well!.. :D

wsuwrhr
05-30-2005, 08:39 PM
:argue: :argue: :argue: :argue:
Brian

steelcomp
05-30-2005, 10:12 PM
O K heres the KING of FAT!!http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/516/1673BILLY.jpg
Now there's someone with WAY too much money, and WAY too much tiime on their hands!! Turning that thing must be a biach! But it definately rings the cool bell!

05-31-2005, 03:45 AM
That thing has almost as many tires as my Kenworth.

72 Hondo
05-31-2005, 07:07 AM
[QUOTE=GofastRacer]Ok got a couple of pics of mine here!..
The rear!..
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/505/12Back.jpg
Everything is the same as mine but these steps with the lights in them.

Monkey Bung
06-05-2005, 06:51 PM
Brian
The shitty thing was every year after that we were in the parking lot (110 deg outside) taking the wheels in the motorhome with us to the campsite :yuk:

FlatStupid
06-05-2005, 07:09 PM
Now there's someone with WAY too much money, and WAY too much tiime on their hands!! Turning that thing must be a biach! But it definately rings the cool bell!
Prolly too much money! Cause he's always busy! j/k Chief :D

72 Hondo
06-06-2005, 02:59 AM
The shitty thing was every year after that we were in the parking lot (110 deg outside) taking the wheels in the motorhome with us to the campsite :yuk:
Time for some knock-offs or lots of cable :D

Sherpa
06-06-2005, 05:47 AM
I think I only keep my campershell (which I never use anymore) for only 1
reason.... houseboating............ last time we went I had a virtual gas station in the bed of my truck........ 2 55gal ag tanks with hand pumps, and
one 55gal drum of fuel........... cover all with moving pads, hopefully be able
to park in the shade, and keep from front shell window open for venting.
never had any problems with my trailer.... of course the trucking chain thru
the wheels, the removable hitch (in the camper shell)..............
--I always did wonder WTH would you do should you come back to a trailer
sitting on the ground........... or worse, no trailer........... ouch.
--Sherpa

72 Hondo
06-06-2005, 06:55 AM
reason.... houseboating............ last time we went I had a virtual gas station in the bed of my truck........ 2 55gal ag tanks with hand pumps, and
--Sherpa
Excuse to keep the boat in the water for a couple more days???

06-06-2005, 07:37 AM
--Sherpa
You'd be sh*t outta luck if it happen on a Sunday or a 3 day weekend, not too many places open to buy bearings, hubs, wheels & tires and all the hardware needed to get it down the road. IMO use wheels/tires that look decent but not enough that some low-life just has to have while you are on the water, or you can always post a guard. :D

72 Hondo
06-07-2005, 07:41 AM
You'd be sh*t outta luck if it happen on a Sunday or a 3 day weekend, not too many places open to buy bearings, hubs, wheels & tires and all the hardware needed to get it down the road. IMO use wheels/tires that look decent but not enough that some low-life just has to have while you are on the water, or you can always post a guard. :D
We will mostly use a motorhome to camp with the kids and, a 4x4 to launch so I really dont have to worry unless I´m at a casino eating. 99% of the time there will always be someone around but, if that 1% happens then it happens. I HATE those LOW LIFE SOB´s that rip-off peoples stuff. They have no idea what it takes to build something like these boats,trailers or whatever!They could all fall off the face of the earth for all I care.
Sorry, Its been a stressful day :mad:

Norseman
06-07-2005, 09:31 AM
--Sherpa
Sherpa
Let me know where you park, so I won't park anywhere near you!!! :2purples: :2purples:
Joan gave me a hard time about 2 55 gal drums of VP in the garage. I'd hate to have to worry about them baking in a truck in the hot sun :crossx: :220v: :skull:
But it would make a hell of a bang!!!! :rolleyes:
Bob