PDA

View Full Version : Lift 2004 Dodge?

LGCDEVIL
05-26-2005, 12:48 PM
Got a 2004 Dodge 4X4 diesel. Thinking about a 6" lift and 35"-37" tires. Anybody done this? Comments good or bad? Suggestions on which is the best kit? What about shops in SO-CAL for the install?

Eliminator 4 Life
05-26-2005, 12:57 PM
Whos your river daddy has a lifted dodge it is pretty sick and Im not a Dodge fan :cool:

WYRD
05-26-2005, 01:15 PM
I installed a 6" superlift on my 04 Dodge with the diesel. I am running 37" Toyos on 20" wheels with no offset. Everything tucks up real nice with minimal rubbing (only in a decline with a sharp turn) I like the superlift with exception of the drop links.(looks like they just extended the factory ones instead of fabricating their own.) I had one break at the weld, but I think it was because of the install(they tightened the bushing too tight which put too much pressure on the link) If you do go with the superlift I recommend getting the urthane bushings to install with it. Other than the link I have not had a problem with the lift, very smooth ride and makes some of the chevy and ford lifts look like babys(ROB) :idea: I did loose some power with the 37's but I installed the Edge Addituide and got back all the power and then some, and my truck came with the off road package so it has the bigger gear ratio. Good luck and PM me if you have any further questions.
WYRD

Eliminator 4 Life
05-26-2005, 01:17 PM
I installed a 6" superlift on my 04 Dodge with the diesel. I am running 37" Toyos on 20" wheels with no offset. Everything tucks up real nice with minimal rubbing (only in a decline with a sharp turn) I like the superlift with exception of the drop links.(looks like they just extended the factory ones instead of fabricating their own.) I had one break at the weld, but I think it was because of the install(they tightened the bushing too tight which put too much pressure on the link) If you do go with the superlift I recommend getting the urthane bushings to install with it. Other than the link I have not had a problem with the lift, very smooth ride and makes some of the chevy and ford lifts look like babys(ROB) :idea: I did loose some power with the 37's but I installed the Edge Addituide and got back all the power and then some, and my truck came with the off road package so it has the bigger gear ratio. Good luck and PM me if you have any further questions.
WYRD
You know what they say about guys who lift there trucks FAWKER :D

LGCDEVIL
05-26-2005, 01:23 PM
Riverdaddy,
Got any pics of the truck w/20's. Sounds like a good idea.

PHX ATC
05-26-2005, 01:48 PM
Your mileage will go to poopoo.
Who cares, you'll look cool!! :D

LGCDEVIL
05-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Mileage already sucks. Truck has 4:something gears and small tires on it now. Sounds like it wants to pitch a rod at 80mph. I'm hoping the bigger tires will help the mileage.....and I will look cool.

WYRD
05-26-2005, 01:57 PM
Riverdaddy,
Got any pics of the truck w/20's. Sounds like a good idea.
Here is one before the lift
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2278HPIM0022.jpg
Here is one after the lift
http://www2.***boat.com/image_center/data/520/2278HPIM0069.jpg

WYRD
05-26-2005, 01:59 PM
Mileage already sucks. Truck has 4:something gears and small tires on it now. Sounds like it wants to pitch a rod at 80mph. I'm hoping the bigger tires will help the mileage.....and I will look cool.
Nope milage will suck.............I figure I went from 18-20 down to 12-14 with the tires :( but it does look cool :idea:

LGCDEVIL
05-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Looks good. Are the tires much wider than the fenders? How wide are those wheels? Are the tires 37/12.50/20?
Mine only gets 12-14 stock.

Eliminator 4 Life
05-26-2005, 02:04 PM
That picture doesnt do it any justice it is the $hit :sqeyes:

WYRD
05-26-2005, 02:19 PM
Looks good. Are the tires much wider than the fenders? How wide are those wheels? Are the tires 37/12.50/20?
Mine only gets 12-14 stock.
that is because the engine has not broken in yet. around 15K or so you should get 20%more milage. The tires are almost flush with the body, I did not want them to stick out.

WYRD
05-26-2005, 02:20 PM
That picture doesnt do it any justice it is the $hit :sqeyes:
Thanks Rob now if only I could get you to say that about my disadvantage. BTW you are 2500 you post wh0re :p

LGCDEVIL
05-26-2005, 03:05 PM
Got 33k on it. Still sucks.

WYRD
05-26-2005, 03:10 PM
You know what they say about guys who lift there trucks FAWKER :D
The only thing I have heard is that they sit higher above the ground.......................If you are making a reference to my c0ck size I must ask why the infatuation :confused: You know what they say about guys that wonder about another guys dick$...........................THEY ARE GAY :devil: :p FAWKER :yuk: :p

Eliminator 4 Life
05-26-2005, 03:20 PM
The only thing I have heard is that they sit higher above the ground.......................If you are making a reference to my c0ck size I must ask why the infatuation :confused: You know what they say about guys that wonder about another guys dick$...........................THEY ARE GAY :devil: :p FAWKER :yuk: :p
Aww fawk here we go leave it to you to bring the gay shit I never mentioned I was just gonna say guys with lifted trucks need bigger tires and here you come off talking about that hair you pee out of ha ha :yuk:

Eliminator 4 Life
05-26-2005, 03:20 PM
Thanks Rob now if only I could get you to say that about my disadvantage. BTW you are 2500 you post wh0re :p
What do I get for 2500 by the way :)

565edge
05-26-2005, 06:48 PM
Hey LGC.My buddy has the same dodge with the full throttle kit.Bad ass.Its sitting on 38 swampers.Anyways I think I met you a few times.I assume you are the guy that does welding.I used to have a business doing fire sprinklers.You did a home depot or two that i did.We also looked at your old f-150 a while back.Small world.Ill try to find some pics of his truck.Go here.http://www.fullthrottlesuspension.com/DODGE.htm

DogHouse
05-26-2005, 07:17 PM
If you're going to get a Dodge way up in the air then I'd really recommend relocated and longer control arms like these:
http://valleyspringservice.com/images/photo443x.jpg
That will keep your front end geometry more consistent so that the wheel stays more centered in the wheel well throughout its travel. Valley Spring Service (www.valleyspringservice.com) in Phoenix does some real nice work.
I personally don't like the 37s on a 6" lift, just don't think the proportions are right. If you want to run that much tire, IMO the truck needs to be up higher. 35s on a 6" lift look great, very well proportioned. Just my opinion though...
-brian

LGCDEVIL
05-26-2005, 07:47 PM
565, you the dude that had the giant green and white powerstroke? We don't do welding, but have put the roof structure together on a few Home Depots. If it's you, nice to meet you again.

PHX ATC
05-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Got 33k on it. Still sucks.
There is a computer reflash TSB (I think it's a TSB) for the 04's out there that is suppossed to improve mileage. My wife's 2004 just went in for an oil change and they did the reflash...hand calculated the mileage increased by 1 mpg so far, but the trip computer thingamajig is off. Then again, with the Edge EZ, it's always been a bit off anyway. Then there's the bigger tires that corrupt it too. :D
That lift looks really good on the Dodge! Sweet looking whip. I keep trying to get my wife to lift hers and she won't do it. Then again, that's okay, I think she's onto me, if she lifts her 04, I'd have to lift my 01!!! :D

piper
05-26-2005, 08:41 PM
I have a 99 Dodge 4x4 diesel. I did a 6 inch lift and installed 35's. I've gone through 7 trannies. :( If I blow this one again I'm going to swap it out for a manual. Just be prepare for that. My GMC (regular gas) has a 6 inch lift on 35's. That tranny held out for 135K miles. I rebuilt it and currently has 188K. I still have the dodge though. Love that turbo.

Cs19
05-27-2005, 07:31 PM
LGC, i sent you a Private message a while back...
Come out to the boat races in June if you can make it.
CS
949-294-1394