PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one

phebus
05-26-2005, 03:36 PM
Am I the only one that has no desire at all to fight the crowds and all the idiots at Havasu over Memorial Day Weekend. The fun ended for us years ago with ramp closures before 8:30 a.m., chanel closures, sandbar closure, Copper Canyon closure, etc. There are just too many other good times throughout the rest of the year.
For those that feel different, please be safe and have fun.

Jbb
05-26-2005, 03:38 PM
Yeah ...I probably wont be there either.....op6....maybe.... :cool:

H20 Toie
05-26-2005, 03:38 PM
your not the only one, i have the new boat and will enjoy looking at it next to the house while having a cold one this weekend and take it out next week.

H20Advantage
05-26-2005, 03:40 PM
We will be home this weekend and turning the Havasu house over to the niece and her girlfriends. I won't miss the drama as much as I love being there.
We will be out in a couple of weeks......... :wink:

riverracerx
05-26-2005, 03:40 PM
With the new baby there is no way I am going to wait in launch lines or fight the crowds.
I am staying home by the new pool and I will see you back up there the following weekend!

Dawn Patrol
05-26-2005, 04:11 PM
I had a Real nice 4 day Weekend at Parker Last Weekend. Wifey and I will never take the Kids on a Holiday Weekend. Just too many Boats & People for us.
Everyone be Safe out there..........

riverbound
05-26-2005, 04:34 PM
Nope..... I hate holiday weekends. too many jackasses for me.

jbtrailerjim
05-26-2005, 04:41 PM
I haven't been to Havasu on a Memorial day weekend in probably 5 or 6 years. Way to many dipshits on the water. :argue: :hammerhea

Garrddogg
05-26-2005, 04:42 PM
No desire to go to Havi BUT it sucks to be stuck on your couch though! :cry:
would like to the hell out of town though!

MUDXPRT
05-26-2005, 04:46 PM
Just went last weekend, was awesome, never go holiday weekends to crazy. Like said above to many other weekends to go have fun.

Phat Daddy
05-26-2005, 04:53 PM
Staying home this weekend. Saving it for the Dam Run next weekend. I'am going to Elsinore though on Sunday. I can't help myself, seeing all these boats rolling out on the freeways. I got to get wet just for the day :) . Have fun and be safe.

Kachina26
05-26-2005, 05:16 PM
Nope, I have no desire to be on the water with folks that go to the river 2-3 times a year! They can have it!

djunkie
05-26-2005, 05:21 PM
We will be home this weekend and turning the Havasu house over to the niece and her girlfriends. I won't miss the drama as much as I love being there.
By any chance would you like me to go check up on them? Just to make sure everything is going ok of course. :D

Music to my Ears
05-26-2005, 05:34 PM
I'm with you on this. Was out two Memorials ago and that was the last time. Way too crowded. Coming out next week to make up for it! :cool:

GHTRIM
05-26-2005, 06:18 PM
Don't really like ALL the crowds but like hanging with cool peeps from the boards (which are somewhat under control :notam: ). Will get on the lake early and leave early. Gotta get ready for a big night at the TR. This weekend will be a good way to get my liver in shape for "THE DAMN RUN". :D

Parker Dreamin
05-26-2005, 06:22 PM
We do not go to the river on big weekends either, no fun. We usualy hit up Palm Springs and sit pool side all weekend sipping cold ones not having to worry about others running into us...
Everybody stay safe out there and watch all around you.

4-B
05-26-2005, 06:50 PM
We're staying home this weekend... but I will brave the crowds and lines on July 4th. :)

essexjet
05-26-2005, 06:54 PM
And your havasu house is located where????? :D :wink:

JetBoatRich
05-26-2005, 07:49 PM
we will be home as well :notam: doing things around the house :squiggle: getting ready for Lake Mohave Next Thursday :cool:

Huckleberry
05-26-2005, 08:03 PM
I do not enjoy going there on Holiday weekends. Too many drunken holiday-only boaters. I spend most of my time protecting my boat and family from the idiots. There are too many nice weekends to waste time going there with a zillion of our closest friends.

hotlavey
05-26-2005, 08:19 PM
Still cleaning the boat so I'll be at home watching the Indy 500 and cheering for that cute little lady that had the fastest lap turned during quals.

05-26-2005, 09:25 PM
ill leave havasu for all the amateur drinkers and idiots that have no
repsect for other people

my21advantage
05-26-2005, 09:35 PM
To everyone going out there this week good luck....
you're a bigger person than I. You couldn't pay me enough to put up with the idiots out there this weekend!

Sleek-Jet
05-27-2005, 05:57 AM
Holiday weekends at the lake are like New Years Eve and St. Patricks day... amateur night... :D
I'll be at home drinking beer and working on the boat... again...

cole13
05-27-2005, 06:01 AM
There is not one reason that I can think of that any person in thier right mine would want to go out and be subjected to all of the a$$holes that are going to be out there this weekend.
I will be at home with family, enjoying BBQ'ing, swimming and the sun!
But for those that do go out, BE SAFE, remember to think fast and re-act even faster.

dicudmore
05-27-2005, 06:14 AM
I'm not looking forward to the drive, crowds, a-holes, any of it...
But, I'm pretty sure I'm going. Hoping it will be worth it to spend a couple days at the Havi house

Cole Trickle
05-27-2005, 06:18 AM
I'm not looking forward to the drive, crowds, a-holes, any of it...
But, I'm pretty sure I'm going. Hoping it will be worth it to spend a couple days at the Havi house
Dan,
Where are you guys going to be tommorow?
We are launching pretty early (9:00am) and will be haading up towards the bridge somewhere.
Brandin

dicudmore
05-27-2005, 06:19 AM
Dan,
Where are you guys going to be tommorow?
We are launching pretty early (9:00am) and will be haading up towards the bridge somewhere.
Brandin
I think we'll be in the channel most of the day, otherwise anchored in steamboat

Quality Time
05-27-2005, 06:47 AM
Gave up on Holidays out there a few years ago. Staying local and playing in the big lake.

waterwitch
05-27-2005, 07:24 AM
We hide on the holiday weekends. I get
the grocery store,and gas over with by
Thursday, so there is no need to even go
into town. It's just crazy.
When I was younger (20'S) I loved the holidays.
But now, I keep my family safe and away from
the lake.
To those that go, look out for the other guy,
cause he isn't watching you.

bohica
05-27-2005, 08:19 AM
No holidays for us, not since the kids became old enough to know what goes on during the big party weekends. About 5 years ago, my daughter was 7 at the time, and the guys next to us were shouting out to the girls "show us your monkey". My daughter looks at me and says, "Where's the monkey". Then my 4 yr old tells me "Dad, all the girls getting the beads are taking their tops off". Wife put her foot down right then and said no more holiday weekends.

Ducatista
05-27-2005, 03:10 PM
We are going up tomorrow, leaving around 11am. Once we make the Islander we will hole up in there and not hit the lake until Monday...should be safe by then, since most people will be leaving. We then have the rest of the week to enjoy the lake cuz I'm about to start 9 days of vacation there! YEEEHAAA! :p :p :p Be safe...C YA out there.

Essex502
05-27-2005, 04:30 PM
We never go out to Havasu or Laughlin on Holiday weekends. We stopped years ago due to the idiots, animals and just general overcrowding. We're in Havasu for 3 days every other weekend anyway so why bother with this one.

Debbolas
05-27-2005, 05:38 PM
I can't stand Havasu during the mid-week (too many people) or weekends, I can't even imagine a holiday weekend there!
We did go to Lake Mead last Memorial Weekend and we were pleasantly surprised at the lack of crowds. The rangers thought it was pretty busy....lol :rollside: