PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Daycruiser?

Boatmike
05-26-2005, 05:30 PM
Does anyone know anything about Pioneer Daycruisers? Is Pioneer a decent boat? Also what are the good makes to look for when shopping for a Daycruiser?
A guy in my hood has a super cherry v-drive Pioneer he may be willing to sell to me but I don't know much about daycruisers. Also what makes to stay clear of.
Thanks!! :confused: :confused: :confused:

johnmiller
05-26-2005, 06:10 PM
Steve Hall (Pioneer Boats) in Atascadero app. 1977 - 198x. Built decent boats, but I don't remember him putting a V-drive in one. They were all jet drives.

Obsessive Compulsive
05-26-2005, 07:29 PM
I'v seen 2 of them, but don't know the in's & out, of them, not even sure if they were V-drive. Good luck.

SPECTRABRENT
05-26-2005, 08:22 PM
Does anyone know anything about Pioneer Daycruisers? Is Pioneer a decent boat? Also what are the good makes to look for when shopping for a Daycruiser?
A guy in my hood has a super cherry v-drive Pioneer he may be willing to sell to me but I don't know much about daycruisers. Also what makes to stay clear of.
Good Makes of v-drive Daycruisers:
Spectra
Schiada
Hallett
Dimarco
Rayson Craft
Campbell
Sanger
Brent

GofastRacer
05-26-2005, 08:27 PM
Never heard of a Pioneer being a v-drive(but I don't know much about them either)but if it has full lenght stringers it could have been converted at one time??????.. :confused:

sanger mike
05-28-2005, 11:57 PM
hey mike. a guy had one up here in san bruno it was black/blue. he had pioneer build it. all I remember was that boat was slow as hell and didnt handle worth a shit. I dont think the pioneer was a good v-drive daycruiser. better as a jet :eek:

Race Bob
05-31-2005, 01:04 PM
I have one,1982,20 ft great ride in the rough not super fast goes 65 w/mild 454 v-drive tom told me he thought it was a splash of a Tarva .My brother has a 1979 w/small block and i/o his looks like a Tahiti.My V-drive is the only one ive seen but tom told me there were a few around .We spend a lot of time @ Folsom lake and the wind comes up in the afternoon (big chop) the faster you go the better it rides.Bob

Race Bob
05-31-2005, 01:45 PM
Here's a pic http://svsrnd.com/albums/MarineApplications/jamesbehindthewheel.sized.jpg