PDA

View Full Version : Racial High School Fights..Whats ur thoughts??

NOTALENT
05-27-2005, 10:01 AM
All the parents seem to be blaming the schools for not being able to protect there children. When in fact it's the children bringing the fights amongst themselves. Now we have people trying to sue the school districts, which will take away even more money that goes torwards there educations. You would thing the parents would be able to keep there kids in check...If you want better protection..put them in private school, where u actually pay for there service, education and protection. Whats everyones thoughts???

hotlavey
05-27-2005, 10:06 AM
They ought to be sueing the parents of the frickin' gang bangers who start this stuff. The school district can't do the parents job and should not be help responsible for this crap. The instigators should be kicked out and the parents held liable.

NOTALENT
05-27-2005, 10:13 AM
They ought to be sueing the parents of the frickin' gang bangers who start this stuff. The school district can't do the parents job and should not be help responsible for this crap. The instigators should be kicked out and the parents held liable.
Exactly my thoughts..I cant believe the schools are getting blamed for this. Parents should step up and stop trying to put blame elsewhere to make a quick buck! Take control of there kids and inforce some severe consequences and come together and think of solutions.

Charley
05-27-2005, 10:43 AM
I'm not talking $hit here but I thought I would share my experience. My kid is a Freshman in HS and earlier this year he had a situation with a mexican kid who is a junior .... According to my kid this Bully is part of a larger group of mexican kids that hang out together and continuously intimidate people with thier numbers and attitudes. This Bully had actually wrestled with my kid and at one point during practice punched my kid in the mouth. I called and left two messages for the wrestling coach to see if my kid's side of the story was accurate... never got a call back! The harrasment continued during school on a daily basis and it got to the point where my kid was scared to go to school. So, I sat my kid down and looked him straight in the face and told him to steer clear of this kid and group, keep his head forward and ignore the taunts he was getting.... it aint worth mouthing off if you end up getting the crap kicked outta ya by 5 older kids or worse a knife in yer belly... Ok so I did "scare the crap outta my kid part" .... then I called the HS and asked that they both be sat down and spoken too ... a week goes by and no talk.... Finally after the threat of a lawsuit the meeting happend.... I hate Lawsuits, I really do, but I guess sometimes that terminology is the only language that gets some action in our world today.... by the way he and the other kid ignore one another now... I pray it stays that way

djunkie
05-27-2005, 10:50 AM
All the parents seem to be blaming the schools for not being able to protect there children. When in fact it's the children bringing the fights amongst themselves. Now we have people trying to sue the school districts, which will take away even more money that goes torwards there educations. You would thing the parents would be able to keep there kids in check...If you want better protection..put them in private school, where u actually pay for there service, education and protection. Whats everyones thoughts???
Trust me, private schools are NOT a whole lot better. I went to private school and the taunting and fighting was still there. The punishments were severe though. It seemed like we got a lot of the trash that the public schools wouldn't take.

THOR
05-27-2005, 11:06 AM
I'm not talking $hit here but I thought I would share my experience. My kid is a Freshman in HS and earlier this year he had a situation with a mexican kid who is a junior .... According to my kid this Bully is part of a larger group of mexican kids that hang out together and continuously intimidate people with thier numbers and attitudes. This Bully had actually wrestled with my kid and at one point during practice punched my kid in the mouth. I called and left two messages for the wrestling coach to see if my kid's side of the story was accurate... never got a call back! The harrasment continued during school on a daily basis and it got to the point where my kid was scared to go to school. So, I sat my kid down and looked him straight in the face and told him to steer clear of this kid and group, keep his head forward and ignore the taunts he was getting.... it aint worth mouthing off if you end up getting the crap kicked outta ya by 5 older kids or worse a knife in yer belly... Ok so I did "scare the crap outta my kid part" .... then I called the HS and asked that they both be sat down and spoken too ... a week goes by and no talk.... Finally after the threat of a lawsuit the meeting happend.... I hate Lawsuits, I really do, but I guess sometimes that terminology is the only language that gets some action in our world today.... by the way he and the other kid ignore one another now... I pray it stays that way
I hear ya Charley. I dont even F&^% around with different language. I simply explain how much the lack of effort and ignorance will cost them in personal law suits and attorney fees. That usually gets some attention.

Boozer
05-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Parent's should not have to worry about their childs safety at school. We give a lot of tax dollars to make sure that kids are safe in school. Unfortunately it doesn't work the way it's suppose too.
I went to Junior high in Adelanto. I think there was maybe a total of 20 white kids at the whole school. When I first started I had a lot of problems with the Mexicans and got into a lot of fights after a while I adapted and managed to make myself get along with the people regardless of how different their beliefs were then mine.
Teaching children to adapt to different situations is the key for their success whether in school or outside of school. Not to mention it will benefit them greatly as adults. If more parents tought their children how to adapt I don't think the racial problems would be as bad. They'd still exist but not as bad.
Not to mention when some real sh*t goes down it's good to have the majority on your side especially when you are the minority.

BigDogIvan
05-27-2005, 11:11 AM
AHMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BD

lucky
05-27-2005, 11:26 AM
i equipped my with a glock :D

Schiada76
05-27-2005, 11:53 AM
Kill Whitey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tom Brown
05-27-2005, 11:57 AM
i equipped my with a glock :D
Is STV_Keith your son? :idea:

FHI-prez
05-27-2005, 11:59 AM
I think there should be more of them. :redface:
How'd I do Tom? no novel or nuttin! :D

Tom Brown
05-27-2005, 12:01 PM
I'm sending you an Eskimo Pie in the mail! :cool:

topless
05-27-2005, 12:04 PM
I think there should be more of them. :redface:
LMFAO!!!!! Very good. :D

hugh jascock
05-27-2005, 12:36 PM
maybe we need to go back to the days of "SEGREGATION" eg. black,mexican,white and asian only schools. if they cant get along together then segregate them, at least they will get an education and once that happens they will MATURE AND LEARN to get along.
IGNORANCE BREEDS RACISM, EDUCATION DEFEATS IT. :D

UltraStealth
05-27-2005, 12:52 PM
I think the parents need to take a bigger part in this. They are so quick to point the finger. I understand parents can't control everything there kids do, but they need to be more involved and teach there kids right and wrong.

unleashed
05-27-2005, 01:07 PM
Untill people(Parents, teachers, everyone)start teaching american first, ethnicity second you will always have racial problems. In the inner city the latinos and Blacks are fighting for territory and it has always been a problem and will continue to be a problem. Its gonna be an uphill battle to get these two very different cultures to get along. Ignorance is hard to stomp out.
Deano
Unleashedclothing (http://www.unleashedclothing.com) :devil:

Ultrafied
05-27-2005, 01:23 PM
Gee ... sounds like when I went to school a longgggg time ago. Got my butt beat several times (lived through it). I never heard my parents calling the school though. I always thought that it was part of growing up, although not very enjoyable.

Wonderboy
05-27-2005, 02:52 PM
Gee ... sounds like when I went to school a longgggg time ago. Got my butt beat several times (lived through it). I never heard my parents calling the school though. I always thought that it was part of growing up, although not very enjoyable.
I don't know if I'm close in age to you but the same went for me in high school. But all you had to fear was getting in a fight. I was never afraid, nor did it cross my mind that I would be shot or stabbed. And if there was a fight it was always one on one. F' this "gangbanger" schiat and "blame the authorities for everything I do wrong" stuff that seems to occur today. I believe that kids grow up using their parents as role models. Too bad some of these parents are as immature as their kids.

1stepcloser
05-27-2005, 03:34 PM
We are teaching racism and inequality to our children.
Until people(Parents, teachers, everyone)start teaching american first, ethnicity second you will always have racial problems.
Earlier minority generations taught children exactly that. You are an American and everyone is equal.
Over time minority races have needed more "recognition" for lack of a better word, and successive generations have felt it is very important to hold on to and instill their heritage unto their children, teaching them they are indeed not equal and in fact are a minority and face many hardships in their life because of it.
Add to that the trendy "action groups" that see fit to bring to the public light every injustice handed down to a "minority" and making it a "racially motivated" or worse "hate" crime.
We are headed in the wrong direction for easing racial tension.
I dare say that all that was fought for by truly oppressed grandparents and parents is, once again, in jeopardy and has been placed there by the children.
There is a saying in family owned business that makes a good analogy;
The first generation builds it up,
The second generation screws it up,
The third generation closes it up.

DUNDUN
05-27-2005, 03:44 PM
there seem to be alot of school fights at my school recently, more than usual....for the most part its black vs. hispanic, hispanic vs. hispanic, white vs. white..and bullying is not a huge deal, usually kids that think theyre hard going after other kids that think theyre hard..i havent gotten in a fight..EVER! thats because i am nice to most everyone and most everyone i talk to likes me, plus i have good friends that would help me out if need be. ;) i avoid the kids that i know dislike me...but i dont know of any so yeah...haha. and ive learned to let things go without any shit through MY PARENTS.
so the parents should take responsibility, its not the schools fault that your ****ing them up at home...the school tries as hard as they can to keep the kids safe through video cameras placed around the school, a full crew of staff that are out before school, passing periods, break, lunch, and afterschool, making sure everything is cool and there is no trouble. but some things are inevitable.

Phat Daddy
05-27-2005, 04:17 PM
It absolulty starts with the parents. It does'nt matter if it's black, white, mexican, asian, etc. You will always have these racialy motivated fights. We've all seen it growing up and unfortunately so will are kids. I think calling out specific nationalities will not help, every race has its share of low life f#*ks. As a parent I try to teach my kids that all are equal, you give respect , you get respect.

probablecause
05-27-2005, 04:39 PM
How about the dumb a$$ black girl who said that blacks and mexicans should stick together and if they were to fight anybody it should be the white man. Classic. Man, immagine if I pulled that one!!!!

Scream
05-27-2005, 04:40 PM
I think the parents need to take a bigger part in this. They are so quick to point the finger. I understand parents can't control everything there kids do, but they need to be more involved and teach there kids right and wrong.
At some point the kids need to be held accountable. Accountability in America has gone the way of Integrity and honesty. One of the major problems with our left leaning society today is that there is no accountability on the part of kids and thier parents for these types of issues. There have been attempts to make inroads into this parenting issue in the past, remember suing parents to pay for graffitti and tagger cleanup? Well that has helped..a little, but catchin the little bastards turned out to be more difficult than originally believed.
Now you've got a closed situation where the kids that cause the problem are known and can be had...Let's get them a taste of prison (Scared straight comes to mind) and put thier parents on the hook for the cleanup and security bill. That will go along way to stopping some (not all) of these frequent melees.
I know that if my son or daughter were ever found to have been the cause of something like this, I'd certainly take care of things in my own way and expect to have to take responsibilty for his/her actions since I am the parent.
Scream

JUST LOOKING
05-27-2005, 04:52 PM
:D It absolulty starts with the parents. It does'nt matter if it's black, white, mexican, asian, etc. You will always have these racialy motivated fights. We've all seen it growing up and unfortunately so will are kids. I think calling out specific nationalities will not help, every race has its share of low life f#*ks. As a parent I try to teach my kids that all are equal, you give respect , you get respect.
:D Your so RIGHT it starts in the home from day one.Bad up bring we make a bad kid.

Phat Daddy
05-27-2005, 04:59 PM
:D
:D Your so RIGHT it starts in the home from day one.Bad up bring we make a bad kid.
Thats what I've learned growing up. I know the few times I got a little out of line growing up my mama was right there in my face and if that did'nt work at the time, look out... HERE COMES DAD :2purples: !!!!!!

ahhell
05-27-2005, 05:16 PM
At the risk of sounding racist, my kids have very few white friends, mostly hispanic. All of these kids come from very good families and are all welcome at my home. Just a few miles down the road in adelanto, where I hear alot of L.A. prisoners are paroled, is a high school that looks like a prison. this school has race related fights ALOT, usually black vs. mexican. the Problem is THE PARENTS, the gang mentallity is alive and well with these people, full of Raiders jerseys, red or blue bandanas, yada yada yada.Its probably a futile attempt, but educate the parents first, and hopefully the kids will follow...
just my .02 after a few coldies... :notam: