PDA

View Full Version : lexan splash guard ???

atxwrangler
04-28-2006, 06:37 AM
how thick of lexan should i use to make my splash guard out of ???? thanx in advance!

502 JET
04-28-2006, 07:16 AM
I had a flat bottom boat with a 1/8 inch polished aluminum splash guard.If you want to use Lexan use 3/16 to 1/4 inch should be good.Make sure to use Lexan or something that wont crack.Plexiglass will crack as soon as you bend it a little Lexan wont.

El Prosecutor
04-28-2006, 07:22 AM
I have been thinking about a splash guard for mine too, mostly for cosmetic reasons. I have not ridden in a boat with one - does it make any difference with wind or "splash" or is it really just a trim item?
BTW the aluminum is a good idea - it's not like anybody's gonna be looking through it b/c they are so low anyway.

Taylorman
04-28-2006, 07:25 AM
Hey Marty, check with cookieman. I think his is 1/4".

atxwrangler
04-28-2006, 08:51 AM
thanx,tman,i want to make one for the dragster before memorial day, will you be there?i am leaning toward 1/4 " it sounds like.and i will use lexan,thanx all!

CARLSON-JET
04-28-2006, 09:03 AM
That is used around the gap between the splash gaurd and deck. My SWTD had a huge globbed on bead of sicone and that was hidious. PCRAT has a cool looking black bead around his splash guard in his pics, it looks alot cleaner then the 1/2" of silicone globbed on.

Hallett19
04-28-2006, 10:15 AM
I just got a new one for my boat (front splash guard) I had a piece broken off the side and they made up one that matched the other perfectly, and its an AWESOME color. They gave me all the hardware and the rubber seal, its in Corona, I forgot the name of the place but I got it off the boards. That place rocks !!