PDA

View Full Version : National Day Without an Immigrant

Darrell's Bro
04-28-2006, 06:56 AM
My company will be closed Monday because of my 12 employees, only one was willing to work on Monday May 1st! Insteda of working, they all plan to march in downtown L.A.
Is this the case with others of you who have employees? Are your people planning to join the millions(?) who plan to protest on Monday, demanding amnesty?

Familycat
04-28-2006, 01:27 PM
My company will be closed Monday because of my 12 employees, only one was willing to work on Monday May 1st! Insteda of working, they all plan to march in downtown L.A.
Is this the case with others of you who have employees? Are your people planning to join the millions(?) who plan to protest on Monday, demanding amnesty?
Tell them that you support their decision but since you will need to close one of the 200 work day per year that they will have their pay adjused down .5% to compensate for the loss of income.
My family came from Italy years ago and were happy to just have a job.
I think we have the tail wagging the dog.
I will be at work on Monday.
Just my $.02.
Rick

xs ultra
04-28-2006, 01:35 PM
Tell them that you support their decision but since you will need to close one of the 200 work day per year that they will have their pay adjused down .5% to compensate for the loss of income.
Rick
That's a good one !

JetBoatRich
04-28-2006, 03:33 PM
I need to go to work :cool: nobody else will take care of my family :rolleyes:

BrendellaJet
04-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Id fire them all. Illegals aren't that hard to replace.

v-drive
04-28-2006, 03:40 PM
I will never hire another illegal. I hire only asians. They work harder and will be devoted to their job.

Den Isle
04-30-2006, 08:03 PM
My Grandfather came from Germany, legally, hoping for a better life....
Then he found out my Grandmother was following on the next boat :crossx:

LUVNLIFE
05-02-2006, 03:54 AM
My company shut down Monday as well. Some of the employees were not to happy about losing a day of pay because of it.

mike37
05-02-2006, 05:08 AM
you should hire legal workers

Darrell's Bro
05-02-2006, 09:02 AM
you should hire legal workers
Mike,
Here's the ironic part; my guys are all legal! They just wanted to take the day off to show "the man" how important Mexican/Hispanic workers are to the American economy.
When I think of how middle America must view this whole protest thing, I think the protest only pissed off "the man". It will be interesting to see what developes........

v-drive
05-02-2006, 09:14 AM
Mike,
Here's the ironic part; my guys are all legal! They just wanted to take the day off to show "the man" how important Mexican/Hispanic workers are to the American economy.
When I think of how middle America must view this whole protest thing, I think the protest only pissed off "the man". It will be interesting to see what developes........
yes sir