PDA

View Full Version : Who was guessing ramp closure times in Havasu?

mattydoogen
05-28-2005, 12:07 PM
Windsor closed at 9:10 am and is still closed...
The Island traffic was backed up to Sundance and up McCulloch,
The fire Dept couldn't get on the island....

welk2party
05-28-2005, 12:08 PM
If you are not on the water by 0'Dark thrity then you are DOOOOOMED! :D

Rexone
05-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Sounds like a fun weekend. :messedup:

Tom Brown
05-28-2005, 12:19 PM
I'll bet a lot of you guys whould hate where I boat. There is no circus... very few hot chicks... no party atmosphere.
I'm pretty sure a few of you would find it to be boating nirvana. No police... no drunks... very few boats... no speed limits... just 12 miles of lake, a 0.5 mile channel, and another 15ish miles of the next lake to boat and explore.
This first shot was taken during the week during the summer. Hence, no boats. The rest of these pictures were taken on a summer weekend. The boat traffic wasn't too bad that day. :cool:
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/katepwa.jpg
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/katepwa030526.jpg
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/katepwa030526b.jpg
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/katepwa030526c.jpg

Second "PLACE"
05-28-2005, 12:20 PM
Yeah, wait till all those drunken fools come back into the marina this evening at the same time. THAT will be worth watching. :p

BP1330
05-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Glad I am working this weekend. That is exactly why the wife and I never go on holiday weekends.

Second "PLACE"
05-28-2005, 12:24 PM
I'll bet a lot of you guys whould hate where I boat. There is no circus... very few hot chicks... no party atmosphere.
I'm pretty sure a few of you would find it to be boating nirvana. No police... no drunks... very few boats... no speed limits... just 12 miles of lake, a 0.5 mile channel, and another 15ish miles of the next lake to boat and explore.
This first shot was taken during the week during the summer. Hence, no boats. The rest of these pictures were taken on a summer weekend. The boat traffic wasn't too bad that day. :cool:
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/katepwa.jpg
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/katepwa030526.jpg
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/katepwa030526b.jpg
http://www.CarlsonSpeed.com/~tombrown/QuickLink/katepwa030526c.jpg
...........Nice. Looks like Ireland !

piper
05-28-2005, 12:25 PM
I was disappointed about having to work O.T. this weekend but from what I've heard it's hell in the lakes right now. I have no problem waiting for next weekend now.

phebus
05-28-2005, 12:29 PM
I was the one that guessed the closure times. It actually happened a little later then I thought. Ramp closures (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80366&highlight=ramp)
Still sucks, and I'm glad I'm not there. That is just the half of it, you still have to get your boat off the water, and this time with drunks. No thanks!!

Tom Brown
05-28-2005, 12:32 PM
Looks like Ireland !
I've never been to Ireland but, from your description, it sounds nice. :D
I love boating here. It is all about boating.
I'm sure there are some drunks on the lake but I've never seen them. Mostly, it's old geezers in old boats. There are only a handful of what I would consider nice boats and none of them would be considered nice on Havasu, including mine.

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 12:51 PM
That looks like out here. We have zero traffic, clean water, no speed limits.....I miss, sometimes, the crowds of Havazoo....but this more than makes up for it..... Tom...where is that?

hoolign
05-28-2005, 12:53 PM
I can't wait to get on that lake and show the locals just how to navigate the shores of that lake while kicking empty JD bottles into the cuddy while rolling a joint! :D

Tom Brown
05-28-2005, 12:55 PM
I can't wait to get on that lake and show the locals just how to navigate the shores of that lake while kicking empty JD bottles into the cuddy while rolling a joint! :D
... and we can't wait to have you here, Hooli. :D :D :D
Those shots are of Katepwa Lake, Saskatchewan on the Canadian prairies. :cool:

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 12:56 PM
ROTFLMAO.... :2purples: Ya know...Anyone ever tell you guys you look alike??? :mix: :mix: :mix: :mix: :mix:

hoolign
05-28-2005, 01:01 PM
ROTFLMAO.... :2purples: Ya know...Anyone ever tell you guys you look alike??? :mix: :mix: :mix: :mix: :mix:
Only from the neck up...Tom had to one up me..he named his pecker "useless" after Festus's mule..So he's got the whole Gunsmoke thing happening! :notam:

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Only from the neck up...Tom had to one up me..he named his pecker "useless" after Festus's mule..So he's got the whole Gunsmoke thing happening! :notam:
Better than Big Jim and the Twins ;)
Memorial weekend and its come to this :rolleyes: :notam:

hoolign
05-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Better than Big Jim and the Twins ;)
or "Miss Kitty" :jawdrop:

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 01:06 PM
or "Miss Kitty" :jawdrop:
My last kid is getting picked up in a half hour to spend the night at a friends.....so I guess Miss Kitty and Big Jim (and the Twins)will be in, uh...touch, shortly there after....

FASTRAT
05-28-2005, 01:12 PM
I've never been to Ireland but, from your description, it sounds nice. :D
I love boating here. It is all about boating.
I'm sure there are some drunks on the lake but I've never seen them. Mostly, it's old geezers in old boats. There are only a handful of what I would consider nice boats and none of them would be considered nice on Havasu, including mine.
Hey Tom....
whooowee...is that lake always like a mirror?...do u live there?...any good fishing?...i have never been to Canada...but i know its sooo beautiful up there...so serene & not crowded like down here in Az...i'll have to get my chit together & make it up there before i die lol
fastrat

hoolign
05-28-2005, 01:13 PM
Gonna make your Gun Smoke Huh?? :D

DCBob
05-28-2005, 01:17 PM
My last kid is getting picked up in a half hour to spend the night at a friends.....so I guess Miss Kitty and Big Jim (and the Twins)will be in, uh...touch, shortly there after....
You guys didn't get very far, but it sounds like a much more social atmosphere :D :D

LVJAKAZ
05-28-2005, 01:22 PM
Tom that lake is BEAUTIFUL! I wish I was there now! You are LUCKY!!! :) :)

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Tom: where the heck is atepwa anyways?? Canada?
Bob: I think this is my heavest post count for a day ever...... a memorial day to never forget! :notam:

hoolign
05-28-2005, 01:28 PM
Bob: I think this is my heavest post count for a day ever...... a memorial day to never forget! :notam:
My excitement was dumping the septics on my fifth wheel :D

DCBob
05-28-2005, 01:28 PM
LOL :D :D Me too

Tom Brown
05-28-2005, 01:30 PM
Hey Tom....
Hey :)
whooowee...
Indeed.
is that lake always like a mirror?
No. It's pretty rare when it's not that calm in the evenings... say after 6 pm, or so... but it kicks up pretty good some days.
...do u live there?
I don't live on the lake but I live less than an hour away. My parents have a cottage there. My boat currently sits in a boathouse about 6 feet away from the water.
My boat sits on a dolly that runs on a track into the water so my launch times aren't quite as bad as Havasu Marina on Memorial Day weekend. :D
...any good fishing?
Yes. The fishing is only decent here, though. If you want real good fishing, you need to go a few hundred miles north of here where good fishing means catching a fish every couple of minutes.
...i have never been to Canada
I hope you get a chance to visit. You may want to avoid Canada in the winter... just a thought... :D
If I were a boater coming to Canada, I think what I'd most want to see is the Okanagan Valley (Kalamalka, Lake Okanagan, Shushwap), the Vancouver area, and the Georgian Bay on Lake Ontario. There are an infinite number of nice places up here, though... just as there are down there.
OGShocker comes to this province and boats on Lake Diefenbaker. That's a nice lake too. I hope to meet up with him in a month, or so, and I'll post some pictures of that too.
Personally, I'd like to see the Smokie Mountains. :cool:

piper
05-28-2005, 01:36 PM
I've been up there a few time on business. Never got to hit any lakes, but always had a great time at the (.)(.) bars!! :cool:

NashvilleBound
05-28-2005, 01:38 PM
I'll meet you down half way in MO. we'll be there from July 6th-12th.... Table Rock Lake...... should be really nice. www.bigcedar.com

FASTRAT
05-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Tom that lake is BEAUTIFUL! I wish I was there now! You are LUCKY!!! :) :)
Hey LVJAKAZ...
do u ever go to Lake Orville? (where the dam is at)...do they still have drag strips up there? (somewhere)...i used to live in Marysville...when they built the dam...was only there once after it was built...beautiful...i have old friends who live in Browns Valley...so nice up that way...quiet & peaceful...wish i was back there...oh well...maybe someday begore i die lol
faastrat

ZZ-Man
05-28-2005, 02:44 PM
just curious.. why they close the ramp, was it full ? or was it just cause they had a time frame? Did they anounce it ?

phebus
05-28-2005, 03:43 PM
They close the ramp. when they run out of parking.

Dr. Eagle
05-28-2005, 03:48 PM
then you are DOOOOOMED! :D
This is rapidly becoming a part of HB Lexicon!