PDA

View Full Version : Lake Isabella

Just-Us
05-28-2005, 09:01 PM
Anyone interested in a Lake Isabella Trip July 23-24???

JetBoatRich
05-29-2005, 05:12 AM
I think there will be people there :D of course we will camp at the normal place :D
Isabella Trip (http://www2.***boat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=80234)

Seadoo Mark
05-30-2005, 10:54 AM
Hey All,
We just got back from Isabella matter of fact we came back a day early because the water level is still coming up. We were in the top parking lot at Paradise Cove saturday night the water level reached the lot and by morning the lot was half under water. water pretty cold ( 67 deg ) as you all know there are 3 lots in all if that gives you an idea how full the lake is. last year water level at the bridge was 8' deep it is now 23 ' deep. July sounds good to me can't wait. Mark

hkunz
05-30-2005, 11:31 PM
I love the idea of a short drive (from Bakersfield) but it gets so nasty with the wind after one PM. Where are you planning to stay/meet?

Former Raiderett Aka Eliminator Sprinter
05-31-2005, 05:33 AM
I think there will be people there :D of course we will camp at the normal place :D
Hey thought you were coming up for a day this weekend :idea: We had a great time except for the water level but thats ok because every one was trying to get us to stay til mon, but every one left with us :D I will be in Jamaica with 12 of my girlfriends :D :D :D when you go to Tillie Creek maybe Steve and William Might go give him a call

JetBoatRich
05-31-2005, 06:19 AM
Hey thought you were coming up for a day this weekend :idea: We had a great time except for the water level but thats ok because every one was trying to get us to stay til mon, but every one left with us :D I will be in Jamaica with 12 of my girlfriends :D :D :D when you go to Tillie Creek maybe Steve and William Might go give him a call
Sorry Diane, but like I told Steve to many things to do before we leave for Lake Mohave this Thursday :cool:
I hear the water level is the best it has been in many years, looking forward to a trip there soon.
Have fun in Jamaica :cool:

sandblasted
05-31-2005, 07:19 AM
I hear there were 3 deaths up at Lake Isabella this weekend...
1st was a 14 year old who was swinging on a rope by the Borel Canal and fell in...I guess they found his body saturday..2nd may have been someone who jumped off the French Gulch bridge and the 3rd was a guy who fell off his jet ski and drowned...sad news for those families..

Mrs.Racer277
05-31-2005, 07:23 AM
1st was a 14 year old who was swinging on a rope by the Borel Canal and fell in...I guess they found his body saturday..2nd may have been someone who jumped off the French Gulch bridge and the 3rd was a guy who fell off his jet ski and drowned...sad news for those families..
I heard 4 driving to work this morning. 2 at the lake and 2 in the canal. Sad to hear.
I can not believe the Kern River did not take any lives. It happens almost every holiday weekend here. :angry2:

JetBoatRich
05-31-2005, 07:23 AM
I heard about the drowning at the bridge :o the person on the PWC must of not been wearing a jacket?

sandblasted
06-01-2005, 05:59 PM
Here's a link to an article on the 3 deaths at Lake Isabella memorial weekend...
too bad for the families...
http://www.kvsun.com/articles/2005/06/01/news/01weekend.txt

Mrs.Racer277
06-01-2005, 06:20 PM
Have they found the other body yet??
And you were right SB the 4th death was in a canal in Bako.
So sad.

pixilatedpussy
06-01-2005, 07:35 PM
Ok Ok ....Geza says if the level is up....we must be going! :smile: I am workin it!!! Is Riverrunner and sandblasted going????

sandblasted
06-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Ok Ok ....Geza says if the level is up....we must be going! :smile: I am workin it!!! Is Riverrunner and sandblasted going????
I might be recovered by then!...what a great weekend we had partying with you and Geza at the river...except for my boat problems of course, but the party part was still fun!!
Thanks again for taking the kids down to Moabi in your boat while we took care of my boat problems...
I'm not sure if we can make this trip...We will be on vacation the week before in lake Tahoe and Reno so if we do come up it will be spur of the moment...I'll see if Chris and Tracy want to join in...

Mrs.JBR
06-02-2005, 05:42 AM
This is an un-authorized trip! This will cost you Miller Time :D :D

Mrs.Racer277
06-02-2005, 06:14 AM
This is an un-authorized trip! This will cost you Miller Time :D :D
Since it is his birthday month doesn't he get a free pass??? :rolleyes: :p :D

pixilatedpussy
06-02-2005, 08:30 AM
I might be recovered by then!...what a great weekend we had partying with you and Geza at the river...except for my boat problems of course, but the party part was still fun!!
Thanks again for taking the kids down to Moabi in your boat while we took care of my boat problems...
I'm not sure if we can make this trip...We will be on vacation the week before in lake Tahoe and Reno so if we do come up it will be spur of the moment...I'll see if Chris and Tracy want to join in...
Sounds good baby!! Keep me posted! :) Love ya :rollside:

JetBoatRich
06-09-2005, 06:43 PM
Unless the weekend is changed, we may miss(at least Saturday) :hammer2:

Mrs.Racer277
06-10-2005, 04:20 AM
Unless the weekend is changed, we may miss(at least Saturday) :hammer2:
:confused: :confused: :cry: :cry: :cry:

JetBoatRich
06-10-2005, 06:16 AM
:confused: :confused: :cry: :cry: :cry:
I know :jawdrop: what can I say :idea: